Obama gets it wrong, bayonets still u...

Obama gets it wrong, bayonets still used in the military

There are 1592 comments on the Washington Times story from Oct 23, 2012, titled Obama gets it wrong, bayonets still used in the military. In it, Washington Times reports that:

During tonight's final presidential debate, Gov. Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama sparred over the likely defense budget sequestration scheduled to happen later this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#22 Oct 23, 2012
Romney pointed out that Obama's policy is to deny the Navy the number of ships they say they need. Rather than explain why he takes this position, Obama chose to make a childish observation about the number of bayonets and horses used in the military today. The fact remains that Romney and Obama differ in this area. I think Romney explained his reasoning for refusing to reduce defense spending during his administation. I wish Obama had explained his reasoning for denying the USN the resources they say they need to defend US interests.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#23 Oct 23, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just about to make that point: the word FEWER is the key word. We did have bayonets back when I was an active duty Marine, but we seldom trained with it.
But all you need to know – to realize that the tea-baggers know that Romney got his ass handed to him – is the somber reaction to the debate on fox news… LOL.
Romney obvious came to the debate to play Scrabble, and Battleship, and got caught in a game of Twister.

No man with 5 Sons, each of whom have avoided Military service and the 10 year war should be seriously considered to serves as Commander in Chief, so willing to sent someone else's Son or Daughter off to wage War.

After last night it is obvious that placing Romney in the Oval Office is a direct sign of America surrendering to World Powers. Romney demonstrated he is unsteady and reckless.
America is Not the Same

Pompano Beach, FL

#24 Oct 23, 2012
Also our Military DID use horses in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I guess Obama would not know this because he knows NOTHING about OUR military and means to protect

He is a Radical Muslim sympathizer. He has prove it time and time again

Time to take the TRASH out in Nov.
Charge Obama with TREASON over Libya
OBAMA 2012

West Covina, CA

#25 Oct 23, 2012
Poor reflubs spinning the fact that Rmoney got his azz kicked last night. Nuff said!
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#26 Oct 23, 2012
Romney proved he doesn't have a clue about Naval Might, One United States battle group is more than enough to destroy a country the size of Russia in 3 hours.

What is the advantage of feeding DoD Contractors for weapons you don't need?
SirPrize wrote:
Romney pointed out that Obama's policy is to deny the Navy the number of ships they say they need. Rather than explain why he takes this position, Obama chose to make a childish observation about the number of bayonets and horses used in the military today. The fact remains that Romney and Obama differ in this area. I think Romney explained his reasoning for refusing to reduce defense spending during his administation. I wish Obama had explained his reasoning for denying the USN the resources they say they need to defend US interests.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#27 Oct 23, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Romney proved he doesn't have a clue about Naval Might, One United States battle group is more than enough to destroy a country the size of Russia in 3 hours.
What is the advantage of feeding DoD Contractors for weapons you don't need?
<quoted text>
Who says they're not needed? Certainly not Obama!
When presented with an opportunity to explain his decision, he chose to make a childish observation. If he had said the ships were not needed, I could understand if not necessarily agree with him. Obama didn't provide a reason at all.
OBAMA 2012

West Covina, CA

#28 Oct 23, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just about to make that point: the word FEWER is the key word. We did have bayonets back when I was an active duty Marine, but we seldom trained with it.
But all you need to know – to realize that the tea-baggers know that Romney got his ass handed to him – is the somber reaction to the debate on fox news… LOL.
Nice post Pat! Also the full quote included "horses" and Obama was pointing out how antiquated Rmoneys ideas are. He got his point across PERFECTLY!
America is Not the Same

Pompano Beach, FL

#29 Oct 23, 2012
What military did Obama serve in Not the USA Military., could be one in the Middle East how he put in the Radical Muslim Brotherhood in office

American feel that Obama is arrogant condescending and UN presidential by his demeanor.He know his is loosing and is desperate.

Wake up America Obama is NOT for the American good

o.bamapost.com
America is Not the Same

Pompano Beach, FL

#31 Oct 23, 2012
OBAMA 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post Pat! Also the full quote included "horses" and Obama was pointing out how antiquated Rmoneys ideas are. He got his point across PERFECTLY!
Horses WERE used in the Middle East by OUR service men

By Obama making this statement our service men who served are now against Obama, I guess you never served in the Middle East
The only point Obama got across is his disrespect arrogance and thug like attitude and false statements

o.bamapost.com

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#32 Oct 23, 2012
America is Not the Same wrote:
What military did Obama serve in Not the USA Military., could be one in the Middle East how he put in the Radical Muslim Brotherhood in office
American feel that Obama is arrogant condescending and UN presidential by his demeanor.He know his is loosing and is desperate.
Wake up America Obama is NOT for the American good
o.bamapost.com
Wake up 'Moonie" nut case. Mittens dodged the draft Obama didn't. The only time Mittens would ever picked up a bayonet was to cut his quiche lorraine.

Hypoluxo Fl

#33 Oct 23, 2012
I guess Obama would not know this because he knows NOTHING about OUR military and means to protect
Did they use Anne's dressage horse? Is that how she got to write it off as a $77,000 tax deduction?

Hypoluxo Fl

#34 Oct 23, 2012
Yeah moron. He sure sympathized with Bin Laden, the most radical one.

“True Gun Control”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#36 Oct 23, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation:
Obama was mean to me....AGAIN..........by pointing out my quotes.
I want to make sure every House Republican is protected from some kind of dishonest Democratic ad. So let me say on the record, any ad which quotes what I said on Sunday is a falsehood. Because I have said publicly those words were inaccurate and unfortunate and I’m prepared to stand up… When I make a mistake — and I’m going to on occassion — I want to share with the American people “that was a mistake” because that way we can have an honest conversation.
Newt Gingrich, blaming the liberal media for stoking a controversy by taking them “out of context.”
By using his exact quote?
Poor teabaggers.
Obama looked desperate, childish and without substance. More talking points crap that has not moved the believability needle for two years.

“True Gun Control”

Perpignan

#37 Oct 23, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Wake up 'Moonie" nut case. Mittens dodged the draft Obama didn't. The only time Mittens would ever picked up a bayonet was to cut his quiche lorraine.
lie

“True Gun Control”

Perpignan

#38 Oct 23, 2012
OBAMA 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney won the presidential debate by looking presidential. Obama had a painful case of Biden's smile
By Tim Stanley US politics Last updated: October 23rd, 2012

Romney won the third presidential debate – and how he did it was encapsulated in a single exchange. The candidates were discussing military spending and Romney had just accused Obama of making harmful cutbacks. The President wheeled out what must have seemed like a great, pre-planned zinger:“I think Governor Romney maybe hasn't spent enough time looking at how our military works. You mentioned the navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets because the nature of our military's changed.” The audience laughed, Obama laughed, I laughed. It was funny.
But here’s why it was also a vote loser. For a start, Twitter immediately lit up with examples of how the US Army does still use horses and bayonets (horses were used during the invasion of Afghanistan). More importantly, this was one example of many in which the President insulted, patronized and mocked his opponent rather than put across a constructive argument. His performance was rude and unpresidential. Obama seemed to have a touch of the Bidens, wriggling about in his chair, waving his hands dismissively and always – always – smirking in Romney’s direction. By contrast, Romney sucked up the abuse and retained a rigid poker face all night. He looked like a Commander in Chief; Obama looked like a lawyer. Who would you rather vote for?

Aside from the horses and bayonets moment, this was essentially a debate without incident. Part of the fault was the format. It’s interesting to note that Romney won the first debate while standing up and Obama did better in the second when walking around. But when both men were forced to sit for 90 minutes, the energy was inevitably reduced and neither broke through the fourth wall convincingly. Romney had a slight edge because he didn’t use his hands so much: Obama blew his closing statements by developing ultra-energetic conjurer’s hands (“Look at the hands, not at the cards, look at the hands…”)

“True Gun Control”

Perpignan

#40 Oct 23, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney obvious came to the debate to play Scrabble, and Battleship, and got caught in a game of Twister.
No man with 5 Sons, each of whom have avoided Military service and the 10 year war should be seriously considered to serves as Commander in Chief, so willing to sent someone else's Son or Daughter off to wage War.
After last night it is obvious that placing Romney in the Oval Office is a direct sign of America surrendering to World Powers. Romney demonstrated he is unsteady and reckless.
It is obvious that you and your fellow loons will not like the polls when they start moving further to Romney today and the rest of the week. Obama is done and his childish little drama last night was the last nail in his coffin.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#41 Oct 23, 2012
Romney showed he's unprepared to hold the title Commander in Chief, Romney is obviously unaware of the Iranian Navy, He believes that Syria is the path to the Sea for Iran, does he believe the Iranians carry their Naval Ships over land to launch them from the shores of Syria?

Geography aside, Romney is many things to many people depending on the circumstance, but Presidential is not one of them.

Last night, he surrendered from his stated positions, we can't send someone to represent America's interest who is that weak, confused and disjointed to negotiate with World Leaders.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#42 Oct 23, 2012
Moonie Times lies again, no one said bayonets were not used in today's military. Obama said we didn't have as many bayonets and horses as in 1916, that's all.

Naturally, humiliated by this bon mot, the Mittens camp are desperately counter-attacking in hopes of not looking like the fools they are.

Sad. Obama won, and will win in November. Deal with it, Righties.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#43 Oct 23, 2012
Lie Jumbo wrote:
<quoted text>It is obvious that you and your fellow loons will not like the polls when they start moving further to Romney today and the rest of the week. Obama is done and his childish little drama last night was the last nail in his coffin.
Your desperate partisan lies make you look foolish. Everyone who watched the debate honestly knows Obama won handily and Mittens looked like a fool. Quit lying.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#44 Oct 23, 2012
America is Not Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Horses WERE used in the Middle East by OUR service men
By Obama making this statement our service men who served are now against Obama, I guess you never served in the Middle East
The only point Obama got across is his disrespect arrogance and thug like attitude and false statements
o.bamapost.com
The military no longer uses horses and bayonets, while issued, are of little importance in most modern combat situations.

Obama was right, and you're grasping at straws. Dumbass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Homer 1,264,479
News Obama's EPA Rules Could Elevate Climate Change ... 17 min scottfrasier 1
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 24 min Summit 336,886
News Biden associates resume discussion about presid... 31 min barefoot2626 49
News Al Sharpton blasts 'racist' Trump adviser for '... 59 min rebel111 104
News Obama: Dems getting 'squishy' over Iran deal 1 hr goonsquad 101
News Palin Slams Coverage of 'Non-Traditional' Trump... 3 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 38
More from around the web