Gun control debate heating up in stat...

Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

There are 2688 comments on the NBC29 story from Dec 21, 2012, titled Gun control debate heating up in statehouses. In it, NBC29 reports that:

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2389 Jan 30, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
Tuesday the 15 year old girl who performed at President Obama's inauguration was shot and killed by a gunman who opened fire on a group of teens sheltering from the rain under a canopy in a park.
Too much violence. Too much killing.
This 'cannot' be allowed to continue.
That just shows how great and effective the strict Gun Control laws of Chicago are working for the law abiding citizens of Chicago for years and the Pro Gun Control fanatics want to expand that kind of Society Chicago is experiencing and turn the rest of the United States into a Society like Chicago, No Thanks!.

Chicago girl who was in Washington during Obama inauguration is shot dead

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/chicag...

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#2390 Jan 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you will hear derision and outright laughter.
Here's where the thieves knew for sure there were weapons inside:
Funny how those thirty guns didn't do a damn thing to protect the house.
Tray, I told you you'll will never get an answer out of these two.

It is a shame they didn't do this after the new weapons ban kicks in. They wouldn't have been able to take them because no background check would have been completed.

They didn't protect the house but yet they never did kill the guys wife either. How can you explain that?

Salt Lake City, UT

#2391 Jan 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Madison County Sheriff’s Deputies....
Still no answer...

Salt Lake City, UT

#2392 Jan 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
BY PIERRE THOMAS
Same sh1t different day. No answer...

Salt Lake City, UT

#2393 Jan 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
An intruder entered
How about those 65,000 defensive uses that YOUR link showed us? Are those uses inconvenient to your cause?

Salt Lake City, UT

#2394 Jan 31, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
Tuesday the 15 year old girl who performed at President Obama's inauguration was shot and killed by a gunman who opened fire on a group of teens sheltering from the rain under a canopy in a park.
Too much violence. Too much killing.
This 'cannot' be allowed to continue.
This has to be a misprint with the news media. Chicago has a tough gun ban.
Tray

Shannon, MS

#2395 Jan 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never get between a gun gnutter and his rant.
You are a colossal p*.
You do know that?
I still make a fool out of you daily.
Tray

Shannon, MS

#2396 Jan 31, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
<quoted text>Tray, I told you you'll will never get an answer out of these two.
It is a shame they didn't do this after the new weapons ban kicks in. They wouldn't have been able to take them because no background check would have been completed.
They didn't protect the house but yet they never did kill the guys wife either. How can you explain that?
I love to watch them squirm. They are so easy to lead around just by suggestion. It tickles me every time they fall back on the same old tired sexual degrading remarks, it's the same as admitting defeat just in an angry pissed off kind of way. I just consider it a hobby that brings me much joy.
Tray

Shannon, MS

#2397 Jan 31, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
<quoted text>How about those 65,000 defensive uses that YOUR link showed us? Are those uses inconvenient to your cause?
This is where you get the pissed off sex remark. It is still an answer meaning they are losers and pissed about it.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2398 Jan 31, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Teabaggers are running congress.
If teabaggers were so "concerned" about pork, why didn't they identify who put the riders on the bill 3 months ago, it would have been resolved and the waste would have been eliminated the following week, why didn't they?
The disagreements sharpened when three Red Hook Volunteers members accepted payment for their work through two grants provided by the Brooklyn Community Foundation.
"There's no need for any political representatives here, there's no need for anyone other than Occupy people and Red Hook residents," Manski, the Occupy Sandy and Occupy Wall Street press contact, asserted.
"As soon as people get paid, you have them guarding their resources and contacts and trying to hold onto their place in the work, and not sharing information because they want to continue to be paid."
"Volunteers" getting paid?
Sounds like teabagger "volunteers".
The Tea Party is not in control of Congress, the Republican Party is. I originally supported the concepts of the Tea Party. I will not support what the part has become. Your mistake is you believe anyone that isn’t a flaming liberal is a member of the Tea Party.

Those volunteers were a splinter group from Occupy. They were unlikely members of the Tea Party. Tossing terms around like teabagger erodes your credibility. You come of like a someone that didn’t succeed in life and became bitter for your own failings.

Salt Lake City, UT

#2399 Jan 31, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> I love to watch them squirm. They are so easy to lead around just by suggestion. It tickles me every time they fall back on the same old tired sexual degrading remarks, it's the same as admitting defeat just in an angry pissed off kind of way. I just consider it a hobby that brings me much joy.
Kind of like catnip!

Salt Lake City, UT

#2400 Jan 31, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> This is where you get the pissed off sex remark. It is still an answer meaning they are losers and pissed about it.
It will be crickets chirping or another article clip and paste that doesn't address the post made.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2401 Jan 31, 2013
A Republican congressman who voted against federal funding for Hurricane Sandy relief last week asked the federal government for millions in funding for his Mississippi district in 2005, after it was ravaged by Hurricane Katrina.
Rep. Steven Palazzo, R-Miss., then the chief financial officer for the Biloxi Public Housing Authority, appealed to the federal government for Katrina relief money, to the tune of more than $38.5 million.
“We will rebuild and we’ll provide homes for those displaced; but we cannot do that until it is funded,” Palazzo wrote in a BPHA pamphlet published in August 2005.“We’re ready to do the work — but we simply do not have the financial resources on our own to handle a catastrophe like Katrina.”
“Tell our national leaders — don’t send more inspectors — we know what’s damaged and how to fix it,” he added.“Send us money so we can put families back together and do our part to rebuild our community.”
Palazzo, whose district lies on the Gulf Coast, cited the deficit last week when voting against a House bill authorizing $9.7 billion in federal funding for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. From his spokesman Laura Chambers:
“Congressman Palazzo fully supports a Sandy relief package that includes spending offsets.
Hypocritical teabagger.
Even the current Sandy Aid Bill is loaded with pork. http://www.examiner.com/article/ted-cruz-70-o...

One of your own, Bloomberg was very critical of the original bill which wasn’t passed. http://politicker.com/2013/01/mayor-bloomberg...

One of the biggest supporters of the original bill, Chris Cristie, a Republican. He was sharply critical of fellow Republicans for not passing the original pork laden bill. Despite Mayor Bloomberg coming out with the statement “blame pork, not Republicans”.

You watch the talking heads comment on issues without delivering the critical details. Then you blame teabaggers. Reality check, the Tea Party has no real power. Your true hatred of the Tea Party comes from their attack on entitlement spending.

I absolutely agree with their founding principles. Unfortunately the Tea Party has been hijacked by a lot of extreme right wing zealots. The founding principles remain sound. Have you ever bothered to honestly research the Tea Party? Take a look, what’s to disagree with here? http://www.teapartypointers.com/fundamentals....

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2402 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Teabaggers want a corporate run government and no taxes or regulations.
Until it comes to a vagina or the bedroom and teabaggers are right there, telling them what they can do.
Privatize the profits, socialize the losses.
EVERYONE, wants a smaller government and lower taxes.
Just how far up your ass is your head?

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2403 Jan 31, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no quarrel with NRA members it’s the new leadership (Keene and Lapiere) that is insult to law abiding members. As an x-military marksman I find the NRA’s approach to fire arms both, insufficient and dishonest, driven entirely by an overwhelming desire of power, political control and monetary gain, as well as the complete absence of any sense of ethics or a desire to learn and do right by our citizenry!
To only find comfort, and safety, in arms is very, very sad indeed. Ronald Reagan was pro-gun control because of the Black Panthers arming themselves. The Ku Klux Klan was founded with the idea to seize guns from freed slaves. I don't buy the notion of Second Amendment absolutists that individually-owned guns are the best defense against the imposition of tyrannical rule in America, if anything it’s comical, I think we, you and I, are pretty damn safe from tyrannical rule. Of course, if you were an African-American in 1870s or 1950s, you might have felt a lot safer with a gun. It is my belief that ‘qualified people’ have the right to bear arms, and that the government has the right and the responsibility to regulate the sale and ‘the carry’ of guns. There seems to be no sense with the gun-crowed that the very presence of a gun – like all forms of power – alters its bearer’s state of mind, that the possession of a tool of lethal violence will invariably change how one interacts with the world. George Zimmerman, by his own telling in court documents, had he been unarmed he would have never stepped out his car. It would have saved a life and hell of a lot of trouble for himself.
I’ve asked you to present evidence of your claim that Zimmerman wouldn’t have gotten out of his truck if he was unarmed. You failed to present any evidence.

Beyond that you harbor a twisted view of both the NRA and US history. Even when you’re given evidence to prove you wrong with explanation you continue to hold your view steadfast. Read a history of the KKK. It wasn’t founded to seize weapons from blacks. The initial organization changed. Do read the history.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2404 Jan 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
a) it wasn't
b) the largest parts of the bill that were pork went to red states
e.g.: you do know that Alaska is a red state?
Because you say so or because it’s fact? I’ve read the bill, have you?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#2405 Jan 31, 2013
I See,
The criminals feel safest and most empowered when the authority is far away, I wish to trust the people around me and mine, my grandmother had an expression that has become like a 'battle-cry'.
'Who are your people?!'.
just another guy

Saint Louis, MO

#2406 Jan 31, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
<quoted text>That question has been asked of both spocko & bf2626 numerous times. You will only hear crickets chirping or the 3rd grade tactics will spill forth.
They will never admit they are gutless cowards hiding behind the guns of others.
just another guy

Saint Louis, MO

#2407 Jan 31, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> I love to watch them squirm. They are so easy to lead around just by suggestion. It tickles me every time they fall back on the same old tired sexual degrading remarks, it's the same as admitting defeat just in an angry pissed off kind of way. I just consider it a hobby that brings me much joy.
Sort of the intellectual equivalent of smoking ants with a magnifying glass. They start to smoke then burn up when the facts don't support what the dailykos told them to say.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#2408 Jan 31, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I’ve asked you to present evidence of your claim that Zimmerman wouldn’t have gotten out of his truck if he was unarmed. You failed to present any evidence.
Beyond that you harbor a twisted view of both the NRA and US history. Even when you’re given evidence to prove you wrong with explanation you continue to hold your view steadfast. Read a history of the KKK. It wasn’t founded to seize weapons from blacks. The initial organization changed. Do read the history.
The first victim in Newtown was heavily armed and now she's dead because of it – clearly the argument for more guns is hardly the answer to the problem. An argument can be made that the 2nd amendment is hopelessly outdated and obsolete – every gun needs to be registered on a yearly bases and require liability insurance. The wingnuz clinging to their guns like a baby clinging to its woobie is reminiscent to the creationist nonsense! We know more about nature and its evolutionary continuum than ever before and we know it clearly and without a doubt, yet here are the wingnuz, knowing it better by regression like a bunch of degenerates! Next time you see a member of Congress pushing a pro-gun agenda, ask them why they feel the U.S. government needs to be overthrown. Ask them why they support terrorism. The Second Amendment has been voided by history and was never in place for any of the reasons the NRA, any senator or congressman has given as a reason for opposing sensible gun regulation since Reconstruction. Besides, the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with gun-control in a modern society!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,458,258
News China upset as Obama bars Fujian buying Aixtron... 15 min tomin cali 1
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 26 min Sharrp Shooter 403,779
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 30 min Trump your President 181
News Japanese leader Abe to visit Pearl Harbor with ... 46 min Fat Man Little Boy 1
News Japanese leader to visit Pearl Harbor with Obam... 51 min Two Insult The Me... 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques Ottawa 231,014
More from around the web