Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on Black Churches

Mar 1, 2012 Full story: The Skanner 9,656

With Maryland poised to legalize gay marriage, some conservative opponents and religious leaders are counting on members of their congregations, especially in black churches, to upend the legislation at the polls this fall.

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8240 Nov 19, 2012
http://www.france24.com/en/20121118-anti-gay-...

Anti-same sex marriage protest in Paris

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#8241 Nov 19, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Brian? The bill passed at the ballot box with flying colors:-)
The voters voted FOR it. Didn't Brian keep up with the news?

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#8242 Nov 19, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why your real goal is full social acceptance...not simply "equal rights". And hey...if that means using the public schools to indoctrinate other people's kids against the wishes of their parents so be it.
http://www.healthiersf.org/LGBTQ/InTheClassro...
Its nice to cut through the crap every now and then and just put the truth out there...huh?
Your prejudice has no valid place in the law.

You are still free to teach your destructive, irrational prejudice at home. You just shouldn't expect the schools to do it for you. Teaching tolerance for those who are different from you is a lesson that will help children get along with their peers as well as transition into adults who will be interacting with others from different backgrounds. They don't have to like others, but it will be in their own interest if they can get along with others.

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." MLK

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#8243 Nov 19, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
So why do you come here defaming gays and lesbians Brian? That isn't very nice.
Here is just one example of defamation in addition to his continual insistence that we don't deserve equality, and equality will cause harm:

Brian quote: " Same sex unions have always existed; an accurate description of a tryst in a public restroom is a same sex union.." #3507 Sunday, 4-15-12 Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on Black Churches
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#8244 Nov 19, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
If one cannot win an argument over a hypothetical, then who would continue to demand an answer to one? I know who... Someone who needs attention.... medical attention.
as does someone who reads every one of my posts and comments on them, but NEVER to me...

fear? insecurity? Mona is ball of ugly...
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#8245 Nov 19, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you skip your paranoia meds again?
how many times have you used this silly insult?

It wasn't funny the first time, and this is like 1,000 times to 100 different posters...

try something NEW!
Father Flannigan

Harrisburg, PA

#8246 Nov 19, 2012
Any legitimately Christian Church wouln't permit such an issue to hinge on it because it would already know what the right decision is my son.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#8247 Nov 19, 2012
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
The voters voted FOR it. Didn't Brian keep up with the news?
Obviously not......lol!!!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#8248 Nov 19, 2012
FF, please have some more coffee. Then try your post again.

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#8249 Nov 19, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've always written, there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. I've never defamed gays or lesbians on any forum.
Why does W.W. write defamations?
You don't respect our marriages which is the essence of your defamation.

NEXT

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#8250 Nov 19, 2012
Father Flannigan wrote:
Any legitimately Christian Church wouln't permit such an issue to hinge on it because it would already know what the right decision is my son.
Stop molesting the boys left in your charge and get back to us about that.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#8251 Nov 19, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't respect our marriages which is the essence of your defamation.
NEXT
and you don't respect the christian's marriage....yet I doubt you would think that was a reason to insult you...
that consistency thing again...
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#8252 Nov 19, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop molesting the boys left in your charge and get back to us about that.
exactly.

you stereotype, lack any respect, insult and hate a set group...psst...that's called a bigot!

that pesky lack of consistency again...
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#8253 Nov 19, 2012
Who said they didn't respect "christian" marriages? What ARE "christian" marriages?

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#8254 Nov 19, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is just one example of defamation in addition to his continual insistence that we don't deserve equality, and equality will cause harm:
Brian quote: " Same sex unions have always existed; an accurate description of a tryst in a public restroom is a same sex union.." #3507 Sunday, 4-15-12 Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on Black Churches
Looks like our "friend" Brian has no integrity.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#8255 Nov 19, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly.
you stereotype, lack any respect, insult and hate a set group...psst...that's called a bigot!
that pesky lack of consistency again...
Ever heard of the Franklin Scandal?

http://franklinscandal.com/

Hill eventually told me that he hadn’t been molested by anyone connected to Larry King, but by a Boys Town priest named Father James Kelly. He was familiar with many of the names on the “Leads List,” and put me in touch with a former roommate who had been a “mayor” of Boys Town.(The student body formerly elected a fellow student to serve as the mayor of Boys Town, which is an incorporated city with its own police force.)

“Yeah, he…, yeah,” confessed Fred Carter, Hill’s former roommate. when asked about being molested by Father Kelly while at Boys Town. Carter also confirmed King's pandering of Boy's Town children, "There were a certain kids there that were, that had that look, that had that marketability.… I knew certain kids that were into, you know because they were young, and… it was just all about money.”

Hill next introduced me to Tony Harris, another former Boys Town student on the “Leads List.” Harris lives in Kansas City, Missouri, and he greets us at the door of the two-story brick home rented by his girlfriend. Tall and svelte, at 40 he retains the physique of his youth, when he was a star running back for the football team and sprinter for the track team in the Boys Town Class of ‘81. Harris, in a white T-shirt and blue jeans, has the looks and build of a top-notch male model. Hill and Harris hug, joke, and reminisce as we walk into the living room and sit down. They banter for five minutes or so before turning their attention to me, producing an uneasy silence. After I explain my motives to Harris, he consents to be interviewed. Hill excuses himself to play games on Harris’ computer.

http://wikispooks.com/wiki/Document:The_Frank...
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#8256 Nov 19, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard of the Franklin Scandal?
http://franklinscandal.com/
Hill eventually told me that he hadn’t been molested by anyone connected to Larry King, but by a Boys Town priest named Father James Kelly. He was familiar with many of the names on the “Leads List,” and put me in touch with a former roommate who had been a “mayor” of Boys Town.(The student body formerly elected a fellow student to serve as the mayor of Boys Town, which is an incorporated city with its own police force.)
“Yeah, he…, yeah,” confessed Fred Carter, Hill’s former roommate. when asked about being molested by Father Kelly while at Boys Town. Carter also confirmed King's pandering of Boy's Town children, "There were a certain kids there that were, that had that look, that had that marketability.… I knew certain kids that were into, you know because they were young, and… it was just all about money.”
Hill next introduced me to Tony Harris, another former Boys Town student on the “Leads List.” Harris lives in Kansas City, Missouri, and he greets us at the door of the two-story brick home rented by his girlfriend. Tall and svelte, at 40 he retains the physique of his youth, when he was a star running back for the football team and sprinter for the track team in the Boys Town Class of ‘81. Harris, in a white T-shirt and blue jeans, has the looks and build of a top-notch male model. Hill and Harris hug, joke, and reminisce as we walk into the living room and sit down. They banter for five minutes or so before turning their attention to me, producing an uneasy silence. After I explain my motives to Harris, he consents to be interviewed. Hill excuses himself to play games on Harris’ computer.
http://wikispooks.com/wiki/Document:The_Frank...
so if I find a story of a gay man molesting kids, I can apply that to all gays?
you guys should really think about how close your behavior is to those you claim to hate...
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#8257 Nov 19, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
Who said they didn't respect "christian" marriages? What ARE "christian" marriages?
are you trying to join the conversation, honey?
you have some growing up to do first....
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#8258 Nov 19, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like our "friend" Brian has no integrity.
looks like our friend LULU plays the ad hominem attack game...

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#8259 Nov 19, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
looks like our friend LULU plays the ad hominem attack game...
Brian lied outright. So did you in this post.

You have no personal integrity either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min red and right 294,225
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Suxbumski is weak 1,155,439
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 17 min tha Professor 438
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 26 min barefoot2626 916
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min IBdaMann 49,303
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 44 min Mikey 2,997
Sony releases 'The Interview' for streaming 47 min Hooogle It 3
More from around the web