Outgoing IRS chief deflects Republica...

Outgoing IRS chief deflects Republican attempts to link scandal to White House

There are 100 comments on the The Guardian story from May 18, 2013, titled Outgoing IRS chief deflects Republican attempts to link scandal to White House. In it, The Guardian reports that:

Republican attempts to turn the row over the IRS into a scandal engulfing the White House fizzled on Friday when the ousted head of the agency delivered a public apology at a congressional heading into the affair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85 May 20, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, you wanna represent Fox News in Court, fine. Save your case for later; tell it all to the judge...
And the AP?

Both cases involved the illegal (that would be failing to notice the reporters and their agencies within the time frames (15 days, as I recall))

We know this WH has lied consistently about what they knew and when they knew it, just ask Jay Carney, he twists more than Chubby Checker, so they're starching of facts in this case seems quite likely.

Now back to the statute violated. Got that yet?

Location hidden

#86 May 20, 2013
goose wrote:
<quoted text>
Keyword is MAY face .....
code from the left that they really have nothing. We have been down this road with the left before.
Yup. Just another intimidation attempt by the Obama WH. They might as well hire the Black Panthers....
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#87 May 20, 2013
goose wrote:
<quoted text>
Keyword is MAY face .....
code from the left that they really have nothing. We have been down this road with the left before.
. DOJ is well funded; it costs Zero to indict. If they brought me in as a member of grand jury, from what I know so far, I would indict James Rosen, Brit Hume and their dogs, if possible...
Our lawyers need to make some money....

. Do you believe DOJ is scared of Fox News?

. With those emails and phone logs, DOJ staff knows where all the bodies are buried. Member of the Press should be as nice to Holder as they've been to Dick Cheney or their spouses will find out who's been f_ckn' whom within the Press corps community (LOL!)

Atlanta, GA

#88 May 20, 2013
Aprilvue wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Just another intimidation attempt by the Obama WH. They might as well hire the Black Panthers....
The New Black Panthers are big-mouth thugs; they can't do $h1t!

. Them email and phones logs are juicy stuff Holder can use to keep the member of the press nice

. Holder now, knows, where all the bodies are buried

. Obama does everything Cheney/Rove Bush cabal has been doing, except getting respect from members of the press. Nice doesn't take one very far. It's time to remove the gloves and be a little bit like Cheney....

. The US Press is a bunch of cowards anyway. Cheney had them shaking in their boots everytime....

Atlanta, GA

#90 May 20, 2013
Aprilvue wrote:
<quoted text>
And the AP?
Both cases involved the illegal (that would be failing to notice the reporters and their agencies within the time frames (15 days, as I recall))
We know this WH has lied consistently about what they knew and when they knew it, just ask Jay Carney, he twists more than Chubby Checker, so they're starching of facts in this case seems quite likely.
Now back to the statute violated. Got that yet?
Republicans make lots of false predictions and accusations regarding Obama within the past 4 years; when is the coward Press corps going to demand accountability from those falsehood on the GOP camp?

. If I were Obama, I'd say: "Prove it or Shove it" to the Press & the GOP crooks!

. F_ckn' tired of this childish game while Americans can't pay their rent!
Dutch Holland

Podgorica, Montenegro

#91 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Republicans make lots of false predictions and accusations regarding Obama within the past 4 years; when is the coward Press corps going to demand accountability from those falsehood on the GOP camp?
. If I were Obama, I'd say: "Prove it or Shove it" to the Press & the GOP crooks!
. F_ckn' tired of this childish game while Americans can't pay their rent!
America is World Police.
To hell with America!

Since: Apr 13

Urbana, OH

#92 May 20, 2013
benF wrote:
<quoted text>
he couldn't get a none uniformed flunky to hold his umbrella?
no,he got a uniformed Marine to act as his body servant,like you he has no idea of the insult he give the USMC.the Marine he disrespected is a fighting man,not Obama's lackey.
there you go again with your race obsession.be advised Ace, his color means nothing to me,but appears to mean EVERYTHING to you.
i'm beginning to understand your problem now,i suggest you deal with it.
Not agreeing with how the Marines held the umbrellas. Should have been Boehner and Glenn Beck. However is it true serviceman are considered Government property? you know the military is based ons subservience right?

Location hidden

#93 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
. DOJ is well funded; it costs Zero to indict. If they brought me in as a member of grand jury, from what I know so far, I would indict James Rosen, Brit Hume and their dogs, if possible...
Our lawyers need to make some money....
. Do you believe DOJ is scared of Fox News?
. With those emails and phone logs, DOJ staff knows where all the bodies are buried. Member of the Press should be as nice to Holder as they've been to Dick Cheney or their spouses will find out who's been f_ckn' whom within the Press corps community (LOL!)
Do believe in the Constitution? How about the validity of SCOTUS decisions?

I've grown weary of your failure to demonstrate which federal law was broken. I have provided case after case where reporters were not arrested for leaks, but those in the administration that provided the information were.

Multi personalities posters apparently do not bring anything additional to the discussion.

Atlanta, GA

#94 May 20, 2013
Aprilvue wrote:
<quoted text>
Do believe in the Constitution? How about the validity of SCOTUS decisions?
I've grown weary of your failure to demonstrate which federal law was broken. I have provided case after case where reporters were not arrested for leaks, but those in the administration that provided the information were.
Multi personalities posters apparently do not bring anything additional to the discussion.
. You don't seem to have any problem with GOP crooks convicting the White House in the Media with mere accusations. However, I do find it curious how quick, crooks like you are willing to point out there was no evidence Fox News goons broke the law...

. There must be some technical term to classify hypocrites A-hole like you...

. On one hand, it makes sense to your side to convict the Negro president first, then investigate for proof; while on the other hand, it's proper to gather conclusive evidence before indicting White GOP crooks?

. If Negro President can't get justice, here, what chance do average Negroes have?
mauka kai

United States

#95 May 20, 2013
truman wrote:
<quoted text>Gee Percy you must have PROOF that the IRS was acting on orders from Obama....you should get that info to those doing the investigation.
What?
You dont?
Your just talking out of your blowhole?
Never mind then.
Sure... he was just asleep during this fiasco just like he was asleep during Benghazi.

Sorry, moron, but the best your idol can come of out this is grossly incompetent. Believe it or not, he actually runs the government (including the IRS) and is responsible for what they do whether he is aware of it or not. That's the way it works in the adult world.

IF Obama was aware of what was going on and either did nothing or actually encouraged it, then he should be impeached.

IF Obama was unaware that means he's an incompetent boob who is not doing the basic job of protecting our rights.

Those are your ONLY two choices at this point: criminal or incompetent boob. You seem to have opted for the latter, which is fine by me! There's no blaming this one on Bush or Hillary.
benF

Liverpool, UK

#96 May 20, 2013
Lamer wrote:
good research lamer i stand corrected.

thanks for that.
benF

Liverpool, UK

#97 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
. Did you know Reverend Wright, Obama's former pastor, is a former Marines and highly recommended by president Johnson?
. Well, Sean Hannity and Fox News wiped their aaases with that Negro Marine for years, and no Mo fo like you came to his defense...
. It's all about an outrage that a White Marine tending to the Negro (president)
. You prove how f_ckin' racist you all are!!!!!!
so Wright gets a pass on his racism because he was a Marine?

interesting.
benF

Liverpool, UK

#98 May 20, 2013
Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
its already making its way around the net. You know, the past 5 presidents all having an umbrella held for them. Ignorant brit. isnt your economy going down the drain? Shouldnt you be more focused on that than whether our marines hold a god damn umbrella. Like a damn child.
economy going down the drain? no,its got problems like the rest of the world and our government could be better.

thanks for your concern,but wouldn't your time be better spent doing something about your corrupt President?
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#100 May 21, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
flagged

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#101 May 21, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
flagged
So now Obama knows that his senior staff with held damaging information that now has him trying to slow walk responses. My Question: WHO GOT FIRED. Surly he would have fired someone for creating such a mess.........if he really didn't know about it.

Atlanta, GA

#102 May 21, 2013
benF wrote:
<quoted text>
so Wright gets a pass on his racism because he was a Marine?
interesting.
As far as we know, the preacher had a couple of rants against our government, just like Glenn Beck and T-bagrz routinely do.
How come you don't classify above as racists?

. So, it's racism for a Negro preacher to whine/rant about perceived injustice to non-whites by American politicians?

. Well, we know Fox News and Talk-radio Hosts are always ranting, bitching and moaning about perceived injustice to White Republicans/Tea-Bagrz by Negro politicians like Obama. So, are you admitting Fox News, Limbaugh, Hannity, yourself and others are racist pigs for ranting against perceived injustice by Negroes?

I don't understand your twisted logic; it's madness!

Paris

#103 May 21, 2013
<quoted text>
As far as we know, the preacher had a couple of rants against our government, just like Glenn Beck and T-bagrz routinely do.
. So, it's racism for a Negro preacher to whine/rant about perceived injustice to non-whites by American politicians?
. Well, we know Fox News and Talk-radio Hosts are always ranting, bitching and moaning about perceived injustice to White Republicans/Tea-Bagrz by Negro politicians like Obama. So, are you admitting Fox News, Limbaugh, Hannity, yourself and others are racist pigs for ranting against perceived injustice by Negroes?
Well there are six scandals that Obama better percieve, because the people are learning the truth about what happens when you elect and empty suit to the highest office in the land.
benF

Liverpool, UK

#104 May 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Wright said:
"You are not now, nor have you ever been, nor will you ever be a brother to white folk," he said. "And if you do not realize that, you are in serious trouble."
that is in no way a rant against any government,while i have no time whatsoever for Glenn Beck i would be amazed if you can produce a quote of Becks that is as blatantly racist as the one above from
Wright.
attempting to link ANY criticism of the Obama government with racism indicates just how desperate you are.
just for fun,can you tell me which US politician said about Obama:
'A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.'
have fun!

Atlanta, GA

#105 May 21, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Well there are six scandals that Obama better percieve, because the people are learning the truth about what happens when you elect and empty suit to the highest office in the land.
I know, SCOTUS made a big mistake when they chose W ober Al Gore...

Empty Suit allowed Madman Cheney to lie us into going to Iraq and govern us into a Market Crash like we've never seen before

. Thanks God for Obama; goodbye, W.(empty suit)

Paris

#106 May 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I know, SCOTUS made a big mistake when they chose W ober Al Gore...
Empty Suit allowed Madman Cheney to lie us into going to Iraq and govern us into a Market Crash like we've never seen before
. Thanks God for Obama; goodbye, W.(empty suit)
IRS Went After 83-Year-Old 'Tea Party' Member; Survived WW2 Internment Camp...

Former commissioner heads to Hill amid scandal...

IRS targeted conservative college interns...

Obama's Defense Is Pre-Election Ignorance...

Call me when you can stay current pookie. You keep living in the past as Carney says. Four months is a long time ago for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 26 min Bob53 1,550,563
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 26 min Ronald 222
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 47 min libtards is dumb 241,716
News Democrats aim to blast Trump for favoring wealthy 1 hr Ronald 87
News James Comey fired as FBI director 2 hr Quirky 3,961
News McCain: Obama tops Trump in global leadership 3 hr Geezer 9
News Barack Obama's Latest Vacation Destination... 4 hr C Kersey 2
More from around the web