Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#23971 Feb 19, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
re-pubic-lick-uns get their business degrees to get close to the money to rack off their unfair share of the wealth they didn't create. democrats have millions more engineering, science & mathematics degrees which really build company strength & wealth.
Close, republicans also have engineer, science, and mathmatics degrees so that they can also generate wealth that way as well. After all, you need engineers to build supertankers to haul oil from place to place, build the guns and bombs not to mention advanced fighter planes. Write advanced software that people will shell out a hundred dollar a more a copy.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#23972 Feb 19, 2013
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Insults, the sign that someone is loosing. As for the bored and stupid part. How much time are you spending on Topix? How much do you spend on reading the actual research?
At least you have the housewife part right. Of course I am working and have three kids and went back to school. So bored, just dont have the time to be bored.
Losing don't...

Insults are the sign, you're a moron, who deserves to be told...

YOU'RE WELCOME ~~~~!!!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#23973 Feb 19, 2013
HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, & Michael Beenstock is an ECONOMIST who does lots of ecnometrics. He has NO expertise in climate science.

I guess if you had a heart problem, you'd go to a urologist, or a lawyer, or a banker, instead of a cardiologist. You know, if James Hansen tried to write a thesis on economics, I wouldn't believe him over the professionals. Similarly, we can't believe Beenstock over climate scientists about the climate. This comes under the general category of DUH.
Like Liberals go to Al Gore for scientific facts, LOL!!!

Westerville, OH

#23974 Feb 19, 2013
litesong wrote:
[QUOTE who="marred & tinny joke"]While Conservatives work to become successful, Libtards play video games......."

re-pubic-lick-uns get their business degrees to get close to the money to rack off their unfair share of the wealth they didn't create. democrats have millions more engineering, science & mathematics degrees which really build company strength & wealth.
Had you heard of Hollywood?

Oh never mind, you are a Liberal!!!

Westerville, OH

#23975 Feb 19, 2013
Shakalaka wrote:
2012: TOP TEN SIGNS OF A WARMING WORLD
POSTED BY ELIZABETH KOLBERT

1. Hot enough for you? Though it’s only mid-December, it’s already clear that 2012 will be the hottest year on record for the contiguous United States.“The warm November virtually assures that 2012 will be the warmest year on record in the U.S.,” the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration recently observed.“The year-to-date period of January-November has been by far the warmest such period on record for the contiguous U.S.-a remarkable 1.0°F above the previous record.” The Web site Climate Central put it this way:“There is a 99.99999999 percent chance that 2012 will be the hottest year ever recorded in the continental 48 states.”

2. More hot air. Meanwhile, global carbon-dioxide emissions continue to climb. According to figures released earlier this month by the Global Carbon Project, run by the University of East Anglia and the Tyndall Center for Climate Change Research in the U.K., emissions hit a new record high in 2011. Global CO2 emissions from fossil-fuel burning and cement production increased by three per cent, to 34.7 billion metric tons.“These emissions were the highest in human history and 54% higher than in 1990,” the project reported.

3. The future of ice. On August 26, 2012, the extent of the Arctic sea ice shrunk to a record low, breaking the previous record, observed in the summer 2007. By the time the Arctic melt season ended, in September, ice extent was 1.27 million square miles below the 1979-2000 average.“The Arctic is the earth’s air-conditioner,” said Walt Meier, a research scientist at the snow and ice center “We’re losing that." (In The New Yorker this week, Keith Gessen writes about a new shipping route where ice used to be.)

4. The future of ice II. A team of experts from NASA and the European Space Agency reported that the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets are now losing three times as much ice each year as they did in the nineteen-nineties. The acceleration was particularly dramatic in Greenland, which is now losing five times as much ice as it did in the mid-nineties.“Both ice sheets appear to be losing more ice now than twenty years ago, but the pace of ice loss from Greenland is extraordinary,” Erik Ivins, of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, said.

5. Big trees down. A study by a trio of ecologists from Australia and the U.S. found that the world’s largest trees are dying at an alarming rate. The study blamed several factors for the decline, including land-clearing, man-made changes in fire regime, and rapid climate change.“Just as large-bodied animals such as elephants, tigers and cetaceans have declined drastically in many parts of the world, a growing body of evidence suggests that large old trees could be equally imperilled,” the three warned.
How do I know Global Warming is a Hoax?

>> Easy: when it is very cold Liberals say it is just localized weather. When it is very hot it is Global Warming.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#23976 Feb 19, 2013
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Insults, the sign that someone is loosing.
I'm loosing one off in your general direction right now.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#23977 Feb 19, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Liberals go to Al Gore for scientific facts, LOL!!!
Actually, I NEVER go to Al Gore for scientific facts. Al Gore isn't a scientist. He wrote of couple of books, he made a movie based on his lectures. OK, very nice, but that's not science!

You could prove that Al Gore was the most deceptive, hypocritical, greedy, venal, disgusting, vile, horrible person in the history of the world, & you know what it would mean to AGW/CC science?

NOTHING!!! Nothing at all. It's 100.0000000000000000% IRRELEVANT.

Al Gore doesn't write peer-reviewed articles. He may follow the science, I don't really know, but he doesn't do the studies. The science has proven that AGW/CC theory is correct, not Al Gore.

So you're just wrong, as usual.

Location hidden

#23978 Feb 19, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
>> Easy: when it is very cold Liberals say it is just localized weather. When it is very hot it is Global Warming.
Actually, the warming Arctic has meant less temperature differential between high & middle latitudes. This has caused the jet stream to be slower & "wavier" in the north-south direction. These are Rossby waves, & yes, they do affect the weather.

Whatever system you have, it tends to last longer & usually be more severe than usual. So heat waves, storms & cold snaps are all longer-lasting & more severe than they are usually. Try to read this, you might actually learn something:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rossby_wave
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#23979 Feb 19, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the thing. Whether you know it or not is not important. People like you probably have a bunker underground waiting for the world to end because of some crap you misunderstood about the Mayan Calender. That kind of stuff is the Change white folk can believe in. baaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Westerville, OH

#23980 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>Actually, I NEVER go to Al Gore for scientific facts. Al Gore isn't a scientist. He wrote of couple of books, he made a movie based on his lectures. OK, very nice, but that's not science!

You could prove that Al Gore was the most deceptive, hypocritical, greedy, venal, disgusting, vile, horrible person in the history of the world, & you know what it would mean to AGW/CC science?

Al Gore doesn't write peer-reviewed articles. He may follow the science, I don't really know, but he doesn't do the studies. The science has proven that AGW/CC theory is correct, not Al Gore.

You MUST defend Al Gore because He is a Liberal and for you Liberals, that is all that really matters!

He can create a CO2 bomb and detonate it inside the ozone layer and you will still defend him as if he had just sold his station to an oil burning country!

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites!

Westerville, OH

#23981 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>Actually, the warming Arctic has meant less temperature differential between high & middle latitudes. This has caused the jet stream to be slower & "wavier" in the north-south direction. These are Rossby waves, & yes, they do affect the weather.

Whatever system you have, it tends to last longer & usually be more severe than usual. So heat waves, storms & cold snaps are all longer-lasting & more severe than they are usually. Try to read this, you might actually learn something:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rossby_wave
Sorry but you can not have the cake and eat it too!

If high hot temperatures proves Global Warming, then very low cold temperatures proves Global Cooling.

Westerville, OH

#23982 Feb 21, 2013
Shakalaka wrote:
<quoted text>Here's the thing. Whether you know it or not is not important. People like you probably have a bunker underground waiting for the world to end because of some crap you misunderstood about the Mayan Calender. That kind of stuff is the Change white folk can believe in. baaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I know exactly what the Mayan calendar was all along!

It was about CHANGE not END!!!

I do have a bunker with food, water and munition for when Liberalism explodes!!!

See? Incompetent Liberal Obama will create chaos with his incompetence and not only fuel prices will be sky high but food will be prohibitory expensive!

Elections have consequences!!

You elect an incompetent, just because he is Liberal, you will get what Liberalism ALWAYS brings, death abd destruction. See Detroit bulldozing acres of houses as an example and Califirnia going bankrupt as another, among thousands of examples.

See, Liberalism WILL bankrupt America and them we Conservative must shoot the hungry Liberals that might attempt to get our stuff!

See? When your big Liberal government dependency fails, we will be ready if YOU refuse to pay the consequences!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#23983 Feb 21, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
If high hot temperatures proves Global Warming, then very low cold temperatures proves Global Cooling.
Gore isn't Global Warming and it's GLOBAL, not regional. Are you DAMAGED DUMMY ???

Westerville, OH

#23984 Feb 21, 2013
Even of Global Warming is true, Liberals are STILL wrong as always, see below:

Due to high temperature there is MORE precipitation, which produces MORE grass, trees, and plantations. The more vegetation the more they suck CO2, therefore the less CO2 in the atmosphere!!!

See? Liberals scientists can not get it right because they hate a God who created a self-cleaning, self-repairing world!!!

I must go now, I am going to the Gulf Coast clear water clean beaches for vacation, LOL!!!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#23985 Feb 21, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
People must hope you eat cake 24/7 with your ignorance.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/pics/Human_Fi...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#23986 Feb 21, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
You MUST defend Al Gore because He is a Liberal and for you Liberals, that is all that really matters!
He can create a CO2 bomb and detonate it inside the ozone layer and you will still defend him as if he had just sold his station to an oil burning country!
See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites!
You must eat cake 24/7.
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#23987 Feb 21, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what the Mayan calendar was all along!
It was about CHANGE not END!!!
I do have a bunker with food, water and munition for when Liberalism explodes!!!
See? Incompetent Liberal Obama will create chaos with his incompetence and not only fuel prices will be sky high but food will be prohibitory expensive!
Elections have consequences!!
You elect an incompetent, just because he is Liberal, you will get what Liberalism ALWAYS brings, death abd destruction. See Detroit bulldozing acres of houses as an example and Califirnia going bankrupt as another, among thousands of examples.
See, Liberalism WILL bankrupt America and them we Conservative must shoot the hungry Liberals that might attempt to get our stuff!
See? When your big Liberal government dependency fails, we will be ready if YOU refuse to pay the consequences!
Woweeee bozo are you STILL crying because we elected the magnificent, the sexy, the intelligent, the honorable, peace prize winning Barack Obama?

Don't be skeered...we won't bankrupt all of America...Just your side of town. But not to worry...you've got that underground bunker to crawl back in. That's good planning sweet cakes!

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#23988 Feb 21, 2013
Local Paiute indians dance near Tuscon to get their fair share of global warming, saying Obama never issued them snow shovels.

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#23989 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Actually, I NEVER go to Al Gore for scientific facts. Al Gore isn't a scientist. He wrote of couple of books, he made a movie based on his lectures. OK, very nice, but that's not science!
Al "big oil sellout" Gore? Al "take the money and run" Gore"
Al"i'm a fat fake" Gore?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#23990 Feb 21, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
Local Paiute indians dance near Tuscon to get their fair share of global warming, saying Obama never issued them snow shovels.
It's Indians and GLOBAL !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senate fails to override Obama's veto of Keysto... 1 min POS democrats 17
Giuliani explains why Obama doesn't love America 1 min mjjcpa 712
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Dale 185,191
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min RUSH10ME 1,193,580
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 14 min GayleWood 4,040
Jeb Bush calls Clinton's U.S. State Dept. email... 14 min POS democrats 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Mothra 51,598
More from around the web