Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35576 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

PHD

Cibolo, TX

#23666 Feb 5, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Since dirtling,'earthling has no brain','eart hling(alien has no affinity to Earth)','injun killer(has no love for human beings)' is an atheist, arrogant & prideful, it would gladfully dwell with Satan's elite its, altho........ the MERCY OF GOD is much higher than my imagination, so Praise God!
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#23667 Feb 5, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
During the Cambrian, many other things were different. It is absolutely illogical to deny global warming or its seriousness on the grounds that climate has changed before or some such crap. MEANINGLESS. You need to deal with the fact that CO2 concentration in the atmosphere is rising at a rate 100X as fast as at any time in the historical record. Far faster than it can be consumed by weathering of silicates or absorbed into the deep ocean. Facts are facts, deniers. Start living in reality and forget your loony conspiracy theories. AGW was statistically proven beyond any reasonable doubt a dozen years ago.
And how long is the historical record? Compare that to how long the earth has had a climate and you discover that we have only recorded a minor fraction. That research has discovered that the thawing perifrost is releasing CO2 and CH4. Which makes the rising CO2 level an effect and not a cause. Also, you forgot that plants also asorb CO2, and produce O2 in the process.

Yes, facts are facts. The CO2 levels in the Cambrian were higher and the world was lush with life. AGW was disproven in various studies and the reason why you no longer hear about it in the media where it is now called climate change. That many climate scientist have now disproved AGW with other studies.
AGW was actually disproved both scientifically and statistically.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#23668 Feb 5, 2013
Actually, you were disproved, both scientifically and statistically.

LMAOROTFU~!

As for your "fraction", we're part of the fraction and the life during Cambrian didn't include annoying idiots, like you.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#23669 Feb 5, 2013
You are trying to argue with the scientific science fiction useless babble bunch. Talk to an empty chair you will get a better answer.

“Headline already in use”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#23670 Feb 5, 2013
Did I ever tell you, Nitrogen isn't my favorite atmospheric gas? What with 350.org and the greens; we can all design our own atmosphere. I favor more CO2 and Oxygen, but less Nitrogen for balance.

Yes, it's transparent to infrared light as much as clear to visible light but that's not good enough. I like CO2 more carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas. If our atmosphere was too clear to IR light, we'd freeze.

Nitrogen makes good fertilizer, but I like O2 and CO2 more.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#23671 Feb 5, 2013
Brain Gone wrote-"I find Topix is mostly a waste of time."

In your case, a COMPLETE waste of time.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#23672 Feb 5, 2013
Don't inhale it you may wake up dead.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#23673 Feb 5, 2013
Personal experience ??
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#23674 Feb 5, 2013
No, have you?
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#23675 Feb 5, 2013
Seems like you're brain dead, so I asked outta concern..... Pretty dumb playing rubber/glue, but YOU are you. LMAOROTFU~!

Ps- Good plan, using small words, they fit your "ability".
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#23676 Feb 5, 2013
It may seem that I'm brain dead but there is no doubt yours is. PS. Get that check up from the neck up you desperately need…
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#23677 Feb 5, 2013
PHD wrote:
It may seem that I'm brain dead but there is no doubt yours is. PS. Get that check up from the neck up you desperately need…
It may seem ....??? UNDERSTATEMENT !!! Sadly, you've used that old blather dozens of times, are you THAT SIMPLE ???
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#23678 Feb 5, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>It may seem ....??? UNDERSTATEMENT !!! Sadly, you've used that old blather dozens of times, are you THAT SIMPLE ???
Yes simple unlike you a simpleton.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#23679 Feb 5, 2013
Yes, you are both simple and a simpleton....
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#23680 Feb 5, 2013
That would be a got you again. Try something a little more creative. Your making yourself look silly again.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#23681 Feb 5, 2013
"You're" always there to make fun of, since you're incredibly DUMB !!! LMAOROTFU~! Nice "attempt" !!!
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#23682 Feb 5, 2013
Try something a little more creative. Your making yourself look silly again.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#23683 Feb 5, 2013
"You're" always there to make fun of, since you're incredibly DUMB !!! LMAOROTFU~! Nice "attempt" !!!

Your indicates possession. Is this your pencil?
You’re is the contraction of you are. You’re writing with a pencil.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#23684 Feb 5, 2013
Try something a little more creative. Your making yourself look silly again. Your writing with your pencil head.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#23686 Feb 5, 2013
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
And how long is the historical record? Compare that to how long the earth has had a climate and you discover that we have only recorded a minor fraction. That research has discovered that the thawing perifrost is releasing CO2 and CH4. Which makes the rising CO2 level an effect and not a cause. Also, you forgot that plants also asorb CO2, and produce O2 in the process.
Yes, facts are facts. The CO2 levels in the Cambrian were higher and the world was lush with life. AGW was disproven in various studies and the reason why you no longer hear about it in the media where it is now called climate change. That many climate scientist have now disproved AGW with other studies.
AGW was actually disproved both scientifically and statistically.
Silly. We can study paleontologically going back billions of years. There's just more uncertainty when we use proxies of past climate. That doesn't mean we know nothing.

Silly again. CO2 is both an effect (especially initially with the Milankovitch cycles) AND a cause (later, & MUCH larger) of warming. The increased insolation with Milankovitch changes causes only slight warming; there must be positive feedbacks, including rising CO2, decreasing albedo as ice melts &, as warming continues, methane release. These feedbacks cause the vast majority of the warming we see during an interglacial.

Yes, CO2 levels were very high in the Cambrian, & probably had been so since they helped to break the last snowball earth event. However, the sun was ~4% dimmer then - BIG difference. Those things balanced out, making temps moderate.

AGW/CC has NEVER been "disproven," since more & more information over time has only verified the basic truth of the theory. It has made ~17-20 correct predictions, depending on how you count them.

Models are ALWAYS being adjusted to reflect new data, & this process has increased their accuracy over time.

Next time try linking actual science instead of the denier claptrap you always post.

Of course you can't link the NASA site you promised Wallop10 that "disproved" AGW/CC because it doesn't exist. All legitimate science organizations (with a few exceptions, like petroleum geologists, who are neutral) support the consensus on AGW/CC. More than 99.8% of scientific papers over the past 20 years support the consensus, less than 0.2% disbelieve it.

You'd get less consensus if you said "it's Tuesday" for goodness' sake. It's FAR beyond reasonable doubt that AGW/CC is correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Obama aide: Trump is a 'psychopath' 5 min Mite Be 111
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Notliz 1,420,726
News Obama cuts short the sentences of 111 federal i... 19 min YourEx 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Hill4me 222,817
News Republicans outraged over reported delay of Cli... 42 min barefoot2626 59
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 52 min Slade Surfer Thom... 393,421
News Obama Was Created By Our Failure to Impeach Bush (Jun '10) 2 hr Chump University 7
More from around the web