Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 36930 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#23576 Feb 1, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal's SIN:
S.hift topic
I.gnore facts
N.ame calling
Of course you can't respond to my FACT-BASED refutation of your nonsense post aboout the non-existent "climategate" cr*p. All you can do is call us names.

In other words, YOU are the one who has attempted to shift the topic, ignore facts & call us names. Good work, kettle, calling the pot black.

You righties are fun because you're SO full of hypocrisy & completely illogical, fantasy-based, delusional nonsense.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#23577 Feb 1, 2013
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness

Fairfax, VA

#23578 Feb 1, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness
Actually, that's pretty good. Here is what another poster wrote when I complained about a right winger on another board who was always proven to be an idiot, but always came back with arrogance AND amnesia.

"It's all part of 'black and white' thinking, an insistence on over simplification for all explanations, an authoritarian personality, closed mindedness, anti-intellectualism, etc. It is all tied to their ego's and they can't see it.

I can read Rand and my 'bonkers' alarm goes off almost immediately, on many levels (extreme selfishness, ugliness, cult like over simplifications, lack of logic, reads like the work of a sociopath,and just plain craziness). Others can read the same thing, feel self-affirmed by it, and pronounce it the work of a genius."
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#23579 Feb 2, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
YYes ?? Poor P-ppppenny...
Of course, I'm "postiong" dead, just like your Global Warming credibility.
If you REALLY want a laugh, imagine Penny putting all those "judging marks" up after we copy/paste posts....
Hi, Mistake a minute P-P-Penny,
How are Sheldon and Leonard...
Ps- Almost a moron, stick with it.
People say that you are the perfect idiot. I say that you are not perfect, but you are doing alright.
Ordinarily people live and learn. You just live
More of the dead postiong called UNAmused Stewed The UNAmused Stewed never learned or lived. Poor UNAmused Stewed will anyone out there send it flowers?
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#23580 Feb 2, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>A guy seals my watch, I don't leave my checkbook out.
You're saying a criminal is a source and he found the best authority's work product ??? Nice "coincidence" ???
Yeah, we're the folks who've gotten it wrong, your criminal guy's a saint....SARCASM !!!
Man, you're too right to think rationally !!
"WOW" ANUmused Stewed go its watch seals so it takes in its checkbook. Maybe if the UNAmused Stewed didn't smell like a dead fish the seals wouldn't take its watch.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#23581 Feb 2, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that's pretty good. Here is what another poster wrote when I complained about a right winger on another board who was always proven to be an idiot, but always came back with arrogance AND amnesia.
"It's all part of 'black and white' thinking, an insistence on over simplification for all explanations, an authoritarian personality, closed mindedness, anti-intellectualism, etc. It is all tied to their ego's and they can't see it.
I can read Rand and my 'bonkers' alarm goes off almost immediately, on many levels (extreme selfishness, ugliness, cult like over simplifications, lack of logic, reads like the work of a sociopath,and just plain craziness). Others can read the same thing, feel self-affirmed by it, and pronounce it the work of a genius."
And here is what most posters wrote about you.Wallop10 got walloped so many times and love it. Wallop10's tires also go wallop,wallop, all day long. Wallop10 gets walloped again and again.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#23582 Feb 2, 2013

If you REALLY want a laugh, imagine Penny putting all those "judging marks" up after we copy/paste posts....

People say that you are the perfect idiot. I say that you are not perfect, but you are doing alright.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#23583 Feb 2, 2013
Global warming is wonderful. We should burn more fossil fuel, to keep warm. Let's all emit greenhouse gas like its going out of style. Live for today; when you die you can conserve; forever.
Tomorrow

Saint Paul, MN

#23584 Feb 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Global warming is wonderful. We should burn more fossil fuel, to keep warm. Let's all emit greenhouse gas like its going out of style. Live for today; when you die you can conserve; forever.
Sorry to hear about your sterility. I myself have children. I'd like to leave a little something behind for them. Your scorched earth approach is as shallow and selfish as could be. But I suppose you make a buck or two for it huh?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#23585 Feb 2, 2013
Do you know why Intelligent Design is bogus science? There are no experimental tests that show any effect that another theory can also explain. It just adds a metaphysical element, as if our greenhouse gas emissions might scorch the Earth for them. I'm not sterile, I've got kids and you've got to earn something to leave behind, if that's what you choose.

I prefer to teach my children to adapt and overcome, not expect handouts. Life doesn't owe anyone a living.

BTW, How do you think anyone can 'make a buck or two for it'? I find Topix is mostly a waste of time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#23586 Feb 2, 2013
"I find Topix is mostly a waste of time."

In your case, a COMPLETE waste of time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#23587 Feb 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="marred & tinny joke"]Liberal's SIN[/QUOTE]

Liberal sins are more earned science, engineering & mathematics degrees than re-pubic-lick-uns, so practical wealth-building occurs.

Liberal sins are more voters getting in the way of re-pubic-lick-uns who give more money to rich people. Re-pubic-lick-uns have fewer people, so must politically gain power through back-door politics.

Good thing 'marred & tinny joke' ain't god, because he ain't good or just, but does believe that others need to sacrifice so that the royal kings & queens of money........ will have more money.

Fairfax, VA

#23588 Feb 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Do you know why Intelligent Design is bogus science? There are no experimental tests that show any effect that another theory can also explain. It just adds a metaphysical element, as if our greenhouse gas emissions might scorch the Earth for them. I'm not sterile, I've got kids and you've got to earn something to leave behind, if that's what you choose.
Actually a scorched earth IS part of the legacy you right wingers are leaving our children from ignoring global warming.

Other than droughts and failed agriculture harvests? Flooded coastlines from the melted ice caps and oceans in crisis from reduced fish harvests and coral reefs. See the added CO2 is also making the oceans warmer and more acidic.

It will take more than your money to fix the mess you are leaving them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#23589 Feb 2, 2013
Brain Gone has no money, just a moronic mouth and a simpleton attitude....
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#23590 Feb 3, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal sins are more earned science, engineering & mathematics degrees than re-pubic-lick-uns, so practical wealth-building occurs.
Liberal sins are more voters getting in the way of re-pubic-lick-uns who give more money to rich people. Re-pubic-lick-uns have fewer people, so must politically gain power through back-door politics.
Good thing 'marred & tinny joke' ain't god, because he ain't good or just, but does believe that others need to sacrifice so that the royal kings & queens of money........ will have more money.
In addition, you think topix does not know what you publish. Attacks on me will not delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#23591 Feb 3, 2013

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#23592 Feb 3, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
Actually a scorched earth IS part of the legacy you right wingers are leaving our children from ignoring global warming.
I've never recommended ignoring global warming, I just oppose climate change mitigation. If you want to adapt to climate, I think that's a wonderful idea; go for it. I'm for climate freedom, get government out of climate.

I'm not leaving scorched Earth by advocating using fossil fuels, all fuels, encouraging the distribution and use of energy and fuel should help our economy. At least our kids can have jobs!

I oppose restricting CO2 emissions; that's idiocy and greed. Higher taxes and more government control; I won't buy it!

Wallop10 wrote:
Other than droughts and failed agriculture harvests?
There have never been droughts and crop failures before the age of the automobile? That's not the history I've read.

You should learn more; people have always tried to scare others with news about droughts and crop failures; they used to burn witches to mitigate climate change. Get government out of climate change mitigation!

Wallop10 wrote:
Flooded coastlines from the melted ice caps
Ever visit Amsterdam or Venice? Flooded coastlines are picturesque; that's why people like to live near them. We shouldn't subsidize their bad decisions by subsidizing insurance or disaster aid beyond immediate relief and relocation.

Wallop10 wrote:
and oceans in crisis from reduced fish harvests
That happens everywhere we overuse resources, the market might adjust to aquaculture and other sources of food. Government isn't the solution; they are the problem.

Wallop10 wrote:
and coral reefs. See the added CO2 is also making the oceans warmer and more acidic.
Coral reefs need CO2 to live, just like we need plants to use CO2. Don't be selfish; CO2 adds to the biosphere, in increases the range of life.

When the oceans warm, they release CO2 the same way a cold can of soda will release more CO2 as it warms. Don't confuse cause and effect.

Wallop10 wrote:
It will take more than your money to fix the mess you are leaving them.
No amount of cash can fix the climate. If you don't like your climate, move. Governments can't fix climate, but you can deal with it.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#23593 Feb 3, 2013
brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
I've never recommended ignoring global warming.....
"brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" allegedly threatened AGW advocates so they would no longer post on toxic topix AGW forum threads.
Told Ya

Saint Paul, MN

#23594 Feb 3, 2013
A leaked report by a United Nations' group dedicated to climate studies says that heat from the sun may play a larger role than previously thought."[Results] do suggest the possibility of a much larger impact of solar variations on the stratosphere than previously thought, and some studies have suggested that this may lead to significant regional impacts on climate," reads a draft copy of a major, upcoming report from the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
SpaceBlues

United States

#23595 Feb 3, 2013
Told Ya wrote:
A leaked report by a United Nations' group dedicated to climate studies says that heat from the sun may play a larger role than previously thought."[Results] do suggest the possibility of a much larger impact of solar variations on the stratosphere than previously thought, and some studies have suggested that this may lead to significant regional impacts on climate," reads a draft copy of a major, upcoming report from the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
You just told a lie.

Deniers lie and cheat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Well Well 1,547,822
News Democrats hope to send Trump, Republicans a mes... 11 min Go figure 147
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Chocolate Batman 241,539
News Dems say they'll slow Senate work over secretiv... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 187
News Republican health care plan unveiled: Cut Medic... 2 hr Autistic mormon 23
News Fort Stockton Police Chief stepping down 2 hr Jan 4
News Watergate pales next to Trump scandals, ex-US i... 3 hr Trump Forever 592
More from around the web