Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1619072 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#992588 Sep 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like most Reichtards, your belief that an intolerance of the Zionist leadership of Israel is indicative of a hatred of Jews highlights your complete lack of common sense.
Hitler too blamed the Jews and gassed them... Chief Juicy Fruit...

If it's ghetto, ignorant, and idiot, it's free cheese, loser, and liberal..

it's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#992589 Sep 30, 2013
As a government shutdown looms, tensions are rising within Republican ranks.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) had choice words for fellow House Republicans who are willing to see the government shut down over their opposition to Obamacare:“Lemmings with suicide vests,” he called them.

“They have to be more than just a lemming. Because jumping to your death is not enough,” he said.

“You have this group saying somehow if you’re not with them, you’re with Obamcare. If you’re not with their plan — exactly what they want to do, you’re with Obamcare. It’s getting a little old,” he said.

Nunes said he would support House leadership’s latest strategy: A bill that would keep the government open but delay the individual mandate for a year. But he said that approach means a government shutdown will be all but certain.

The result for his party?“You guys ever watch 16 Candles?” he asked a small group of reporters.“You guys remember Long Duk Dong at the end? That’s going to be us tomorrow, waking up on the grass, crashed automobile. That’s us.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#992590 Sep 30, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And after that person's contribution from their employer is made taxable income, what is the net benefit?
They're not eligible for a subsidy if they are on an employer paid plan, stupid.
Always Smile

Oswego, IL

#992592 Sep 30, 2013
What this "Way In Over His Head" President won't address is why are there so many people employed by the govt. They are one of the largest employers yet they don't produce ANYTHING!&#65279; And I'm not referring to the millions of armed forces, firemen, police, etc! I'm speaking of the countless nonsensical depts that waste ridiculous amounts of tax dollars. Like EPA/Dept of AG letting farmers crops dry up in California while they preserve a 2" fish called the delta minnow!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#992593 Sep 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not eligible for a subsidy if they are on an employer paid plan, stupid.
If it's ghetto, ignorant, and idiot, it's free cheese, subsidy, loser, and liberal..

It's the culture...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#992594 Sep 30, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound really angry today, chimpy. Worried you might die of starvation without your gvt cheese during the shutdown??
I think it is sad that Republicans are throwing a tantrum and willing to let the government shut down if they don't get their way. However I am happier than a child in Disneyland at the prospect that Republicans are so willing to cut their own throats. They could cut my income in half and I would still make more than you penris.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#992595 Sep 30, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>If the democrats had not went against the CONSTITUTION to begin with the crack head move, we would NOT the democrats would not be shutting the government down. Remember a tax originating in the Senate is illegal.
Remember, legislating through a budget bill is against the rules the House Republicans are supposed to be following.

The Affordable Care Act was passed by the House and Senate. Get over it.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#992596 Sep 30, 2013
Huh wrote:
Civil war is upon us
Within the Republican party? Yep.

"The circus created the past few days isn’t reflective of mainstream Republicans -- it projects an image of not being reasonable. The vast majority of Republicans are pretty level-headed and are here to govern,” said Representative Michael Grimm, a New York Republican.

"This is a moment in history for our party to, once and for all, put everything on the table. But at some point we’re going to come together and unify,” Grimm said, adding that the “far-right faction” of the party “represents 15 percent of the country, but they’re trying to control the entire debate.”

"It’s a CIVIL WAR that has beset the party before, as base activists grow impatient with established leaders they claim have grown complacent in the anti-government fight. The results can be unpredictable, perhaps more so this time given that it’s taking place 13 months before the next election."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-30/repu...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#992597 Sep 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA took into account leechers like yourself.
If you received medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment within the 6 month period preceding your enrollment in an insurance plan, the insurance company can impose a preexisting condition exclusion for that condition. HIPAA limits the preexisting condition exclusion period for most people to 12 months (18 months if you enroll late). Good Luck with that....
http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq_consumer_hip...
Your reference is about group insurance plans and not about ObamaKKKare.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#992598 Sep 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like most Reichtards, your belief that an intolerance of the Zionist leadership of Israel is indicative of a hatred of Jews highlights your complete lack of common sense.
Like most libturds, your belief that an intolerance of the welfare leadership of ghetto blacks is indicative of a hatred of blacks highlights your complete lack of common sense.

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#992599 Sep 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Those who "look" a certain way?
LOL...speaking of stupid, tell us again the reason(s) black people have so much trouble getting an ID? Your racist VP and racist Sen Majority leader will have a good chuckle.
That is the law. So yes, people can buy tobacco & alcohol without a photo ID. You were wrong once again.

Its poor people that have trouble & poor people are disproportionately black.

My God you're a f*cking idiot.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#992602 Sep 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what, those apartment complexes were taking pictures for their own ID cards.
When Republicans include a plan to go door to door to make photo IDs for voting then I will have no complaint.
Dumbsass.,How did you people get this stupid?
Where are the stats showing all the Democrats voting twice for Obama?( Unless you count voting in 2008 & then 2012 voting twice).
Republicans have been push voter suppression long before Obama ran for President.
Purging voter roles
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/na...
Photo ID, Voter registration, long lines
http://www.pfaw.org/media-center/publications...
You just proved you're a fooking liar who makes shit up off the top of his head because I KNOW different about what you spewed.

Count yourself as shunned from now on. I don't communicate with deliberate liars.

Don't bother replying to my comments anymore because I won't be reading them.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#992603 Sep 30, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!! I'm looking over the past posts, and the sad fact of the matter is: nobody seems to like you, or value what you're trying to say.
If I were you, I'd seriously reconsider whether I should continue on. Not just on topix mind you, but overall. Go downtown, score some oxy, and take that last final ride on down to chimp heaven....:-)
lol! poor wolfie. so afraid... as usual!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#992604 Sep 30, 2013
lol! Cons... caught in their own trap!

What a bunch of clowns!

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-09-...

"Yes, It Is John Boehner's Fault
By Brendan Greeley September 30, 2013
Mitch McConnell (C), John Boehner (R) and Jon Kyl (L) speak to the media outside of the White House on Feb. 25, 2010

And not because he can’t control the Tea Party.

It’s tempting to feel sorry for House Speaker John Boehner. He seems like a reasonable man caught in a trap. His Republican majority in the House can’t decide whether a repeal or delay of the Affordable Care Act needs to be a condition of any agreement on anything else. But Boehner, along with the rest of the Republican leadership at the time, built this trap for himself in 2009 and early 2010, before the Tea Party caucus was formed.

In 2009 the Republican minority, faced with what would eventually become the Affordable Care Act, he had a choice. Obama, like every President, wanted to pass something that someone might call a “bipartisan achievement.” To get that, he needed a couple of Republicans to make an offer, a price in exchange for their votes. The answer, from the entire caucus: nothing. No price, no votes. Under any conditions. There was extraordinary, Pelosi-like discipline among Republicans in the House and the Senate. No offer, no deal, no votes.
BLOG: John Boehner's Secret Signal That a Shutdown Is Imminent

After a televised meeting with the president in late February of 2010, Boehner, then-Senator John Kyl (R-Ariz.), and Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) huddled in front of the White House to answer questions.“What we think we ought to do is start over, go step by step, and target the areas of possible agreement,” said McConnell.“That’s why the bill needs to be scrapped,” said Boehner.“We need to start over on those things that we can work together on.”

Kyl, like Boehner and McConnell, agreed on some unspecified areas of future agreement. But those areas would not be reached by “tweaking” the bill, he said.“The whole concept of the bill, with its government mandates, its taxes, its spending, and all of the other features of it, are what make it unacceptable to us and to the American people,” said Kyl,“and that’s where we have to start.” McConnell then jumped in so that he, too, could say “scrap this bill.”

Scrap. Start over. Not tweakable. It was clever at the time. Sound reasonable but ensure that none of those reasonable-sounding ideas would accidentally become concessions in a bill made law. Adults could agree on modest steps to fix health care. But the Affordable Care Act was unfixable.
VIDEO: Shutdown Showdown Draws Closer to Midnight Deadline

The next month, Obama sent a letter to Republicans, offering to expand tax-favored health savings accounts, more aggressively investigate Medicare fraud, and fund demonstration projects to seek alternatives to medical malpractice lawsuits. These had all been Republican ideas, but Boehner, in a statement, gave the same answer:“There is no reason to lump sensible proposals into a fundamentally flawed 2,000-page bill.… The American people want the President to start over with a clean sheet of paper.” Scrap it. Start over. It’s not tweakable.

It doesn’t matter whether this was a cynical strategy or a sincere act of political conviction. In 2010, Boehner sent a message to the party that was still his to lead: No part of this bill is acceptable. It cannot be allowed to pass. Period.

So now he’s stuck...."

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#992605 Sep 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. That is because 90+% of the posters on this thread are Reptards trolls who get a sense of power by judging posts. Sick little cretins actually think they can screen out people with the touch of a key. Amusing.
"useless4ever"
Judgits? Who is speaking of Judgits? Only you. I am speaking of the posts sent to you pointing out/judging your stoopidity. The ones pointing out your stoopidity? A huge majority.
Peace
KMA

Spokane, WA

#992606 Sep 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If we furloughed the Republican members of Congress, we would actually get something done for a change.
"useless4ever"
If we furlouged president nobama America would prosper.
Peace
KMA

Spokane, WA

#992607 Sep 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you people throw out statistics without any proof. Go put your head back in the sand. The Affordable Care Act is the law of the land and it is going to get a chance to sink or swim whether you and yours like it or not.
"useless4ever"
The statistics posted are correct. A majority of American's do not want or support nobamakare. You are correct it is the law of the land, for losers like you with your hand out it is like free money. Someone else will pay for you. The ones paying; Those who pay federal income taxes, those who work, produce and provide, the ones who do not depend on the government.
Peace
KMA

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#992608 Sep 30, 2013
Don't think I have wading boots high enough to wade through all the crap that keeps coming out of this president's mouth.

Or have the stomach to digest all the hatred and senseless violence going on in this world.

Spokane, WA

#992609 Sep 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't that be KMUA? Dumbass
"real dumb"
I gave you the definition of KMA. You are to dense to understand. Now I will give the the definition of KMUA as it pertaions to you;
K inky
M isfit
U gly
A zzhole
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#992610 Sep 30, 2013
White House Petition: Designate GOP 'A Terrorist Organization' Over Looming Debt Standoff

"Designate the Republican party a terrorist organization for repeatedly threatening the full faith & credit of the U.S.A.... since repeatedly threatening to default on the full faith and credit of the United States over and over again every time you don't get what you want is essentially economic terrorism,"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/30/whit...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump to halt subsidies to health insurers 2 min bottlecap 300
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 7 min Big Al 264
News Republicans ram $4 trillion budget bill through... 22 min CodeTalker 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 242,780
News Obama urges New Jersey voters to reject 'politi... 2 hr Mick 6
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 7 hr Raptor 740
News Michelle Obama: 'Any woman who voted against Hi... 9 hr DJTrump 440
More from around the web