Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1261556 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Houston, TX

#640916 May 14, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it. Talk to your right wing buddies.
I said exactly how it was.
My point being that it was primarily a Republican initiative.
We live in a world economy and need to adapt to survive in that world.

What's your problem?
John Galt

Houston, TX

#640917 May 14, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The aquifer is very sensitive because of the formation. Even the Republican Senator from Nebraska wanted it moved.
This Canadian "oil" needs mixed with a chemical to get it to flow. If this would spill into a river, the chemical would evaporate & the oil would sin to the bottom. So much for the standard skimming methods for clean up. There has bee a spill a couple years ago in Canada & thy are still trying to clean it up.
All so China can buy Canadian Oil.
Do you know the pipeline design for river crossings?
John Galt

Houston, TX

#640918 May 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Evangelicals Unhappy With GOP’s Gay Marriage Strategy
“I don’t think the way the Republicans on Capital Hill are addressing it is the way to do it, saying it’s a distraction,” Tony Perkins, president of the evangelical Family Research Council, said Sunday on CNN.“Defending the family, the cornerstone of civilization, is not a distraction. It should be a priority. And it should be a part of what Mitt Romney talks about.”
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/05/eva...
For now, at least, President Obama’s announcement has brought about some discomfort among one of the GOP’s most important constituencies over their party’s reaction.
Tony Perkins can vote for the abortion-promoting, drug-abusing, dog-eating, homosexual marriage advocate Hussein Obama if he chooses. Otherwise, get lost.

It's the economy, stupid!

America hates Obama, the "First Gay President."

“FOX FAILED YOU”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#640919 May 14, 2012
Where were you zippy????

Last Time we rode to Screwie louies in Seminole, floridu fart smell stopped posting for days and never showed up to meet me, as he said he would.....Then lied said he was there but made a mistake in his lie about the band and got exposed as a coward...
Last week zippy the clown ran his mouth all week about me... then stopped posting and again never showed up to meet me again...where are you fart smell????

What happened floridu ? you cowardly bastard? I only wanted to knock you around a little..big tough teabag floridu is a cheat a liar and a coward. Typical chickenshit bully, all talk no action....one day you'll make the biggest mistake of your life and actually keep your word and show up.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#640920 May 14, 2012
Jeff Fortenberry: Crunchy Congressman

The Nebraska representative defied Grover Norquist—here’s why.

"It’s not that the Nebraskan is becoming more moderate, but rather that he sees Republican policies as driven too much by Wall Street and not enough by Main Street. And the devoutly Catholic Fortenberry, whose divinity degree is from the notably conservative Franciscan University of Steubenville, is beginning to advocate a conservatism that draws on the Catholic social principles of subsidiarity, which entails a commitment to localism and strengthening the small-scale institutions of civil society. He thinks this might just be the philosophical breakthrough the conservative movement needs to get unstuck from its intellectual stasis, and to reinvigorate the moral imagination of the country."

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

“FOX FAILED YOU”

Location hidden

#640921 May 14, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the pipeline design for river crossings?
probably letting BP design it and Halliburton to do the construction..
we have nothing to worry about with there great record.there plan would be let the oil float down the river then skim it off when it gets to the gulf, then you eliminate constructing the pipe all together....

“FOX FAILED YOU”

Location hidden

#640922 May 14, 2012
NOW WE KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT WALL STREET:

Friday JP Morgan Chase blowup has now put any lingering questions to rest.

Wall Street banks simply cannot be trusted to manage the massive risks they are taking.

After the financial crisis, when most of the world's banks were revealed to have been run by reckless gamblers, a couple of institutions stood above the fray.

JP Morgan was one of them.

The idiocy of a handful of gamblers should not be construed as a problem with the system as a whole, institutions like JP Morgan said.

Well-run banks should be trusted not to be so colossally reckless and stupid. Well-run banks should be allowed to manage their own risks. Well-run banks should not be hammered with strait-jacket regulations that would stymie their marvelous money-making innovation. Well-run banks should be free to look after themselves, like responsible adults.

The World's Financial System Is Crumbling. Here's The Worst-Case.
www.ifii.com/HyperinflationWhat is Amendment 4
And the banking lobbying engine rushed this message to Washington and threw money around. And the lobby quickly persuaded Congress that Wall Street was fine, that the financial crisis was an aberration, that Wall Street should be left alone.

JP Morgan's J. Dimon had credibility, because unlike all the other incompetent banks, his bank hadn't imploded and brought the system to the edge of catastrophe.

And unlike all the other CEOs, to his credit, Dimon actually talked like a human, with language and confidence that persuaded even skeptics that he knew what he was talking about.

But now JP Morgan has blown up.

So we finally know the truth about Wall Street, a truth most Wall Street observers have known all along:

Wall Street can't be trusted to manage—or even correctly assess—its own risks.

This is in part because, time and again, Wall Street has demonstrated that it doesn't even KNOW what risks it is taking.

In short, Wall Street bankers are just a bunch of kids playing with dynamite.

There are two reasons for this, neither of which boil down to the "stupidity" that most people generally assume is involved. The bankers who place these bets are anything but stupid.

•The first reason is that the gambling instruments the banks now use are mind-bogglingly complicated. Warren Buffett once described derivatives as "weapons of mass destruction." And those weapons have gotten a lot more complex in the past few years.
•The second reason is that Wall Street's incentive structure is fundamentally flawed: Bankers get all of the upside for winning bets, and someone else—the government or shareholders—covers the downside.
The second reason is particularly insidious. The worst thing that can happen to a trader who blows a huge bet and demolishes his firm—literally the worst thing—is that he will get fired. Then he will immediately go get a job at a hedge fund and make more than he was making before he blew up the firm.
RUSH10ME

Montross, VA

#640923 May 14, 2012
wizzy-loon-scrubber wrote:
Where were you zippy????
Last Time we rode to Screwie louies in Seminole, floridu fart smell stopped posting for days and never showed up to meet me, as he said he would.....Then lied said he was there but made a mistake in his lie about the band and got exposed as a coward...
Last week zippy the clown ran his mouth all week about me... then stopped posting and again never showed up to meet me again...where are you fart smell????
What happened floridu ? you cowardly bastard? I only wanted to knock you around a little..big tough teabag floridu is a cheat a liar and a coward. Typical chickenshit bully, all talk no action....one day you'll make the biggest mistake of your life and actually keep your word and show up.....
Wow , another internet tough guy from parts unknown ,if you wanna fight stick your head back up obamas ass and fight for air.
John Galt

Houston, TX

#640924 May 14, 2012
<quoted text>probably letting BP design it and Halliburton to do the construction..
we have nothing to worry about with there great record.there plan would be let the oil float down the river then skim it off when it gets to the gulf, then you eliminate constructing the pipe all together....
An idiot who doesn't know jack-shit except cashing his welfare check.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#640925 May 14, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony Perkins can vote for the abortion-promoting, drug-abusing, dog-eating, homosexual marriage advocate Hussein Obama if he chooses. Otherwise, get lost.
It's the economy, stupid!
America hates Obama, the "First Gay President."
The Atheist Conservative speaks.

Anyway, you're too much of a hater to be going to church every Sunday.

lol

Family Research Council Labeled ‘Hate Group’ By SPLC Over Anti-Gay Rhetoric

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/11/fa...
John Galt

Houston, TX

#640926 May 14, 2012
NOW WE KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT WALL STREET:
Friday JP Morgan Chase blowup has now put any lingering questions to rest.
Wall Street banks simply cannot be trusted to manage the massive risks they are taking.
JP Morgan made a $5 billion profit in 1Q.

Then they lost $2 billion on a bad trade.

So what?

They had a much better quarter than the federal government.
dizzy spoon lighter

Euless, TX

#640927 May 14, 2012
Where were you zippy????
Oh boy!
I love busting your teenie-weenies.....

You must have had a miserable life...
Just miserable to be like you.

Can you identify most people by their flatulence?
That skill will yake you far..
John Galt

Houston, TX

#640928 May 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Never said I was an atheist, just not involved in organized religion.

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#640929 May 14, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
An idiot who doesn't know jack-shit except cashing his welfare check.
I know your wife gives great head.I known your a racist,I know you're a bigot,I know you hate America and I know your kind will never be welcome in the United States ever again.That asslicker is all I need to know...
SOBS

Raleigh, NC

#640930 May 14, 2012
In his emerging re-election campaign, President Obama's message is becoming clear and simple: be afraid, be very afraid of those heartless conservatives. What is amazing is that his message is almost completely opposite from his message of four years ago. Back then, the message was change we could believe in. Now, the message is fear of making the kind of changes needed if America is to remain a society of opportunity, freedom, and international competitiveness.

The preference of government over people

President Obama and his Democratic Party are not only refusing to take action or make vital changes in the federal budget (as evidenced by the Senate's continuing failure to even pass a budget), they are accelerating the country toward a budgetary crisis. It is now evident that the only goal of the Democrats is to simply keep feeding the growth of an already out-of-control federal government, regardless of whether that government is accomplishing the goals that are used to justify its growth.

The most frequently-used justification for the growth of government is the well-being of the working and middle class, as if only a bloated bureaucratic government can provide working- and middle-class Americans the kind of life of which they've dreamed. As if traditional American society and economy are inherently hostile to anyone but the rich and powerful, and only the bureaucrats in Washington, DC, are capable of looking out for the average American.

According to President Obama's message, the average American is helpless, dependent on the wisdom of the federal government. But this message completely avoids the truth: a growing federal government not only fails to help the working and middle class, it actually benefits the political and economic elite over the average American.
John Galt

Houston, TX

#640931 May 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) a Communist-front organization, as far left as it gets.
SOBS

Raleigh, NC

#640932 May 14, 2012
Big government and the social elite
Democrats use government spending as a false proxy for the solution of an array of problems. This allows them to take the very simple, but false, position that they are fixing problems or representing groups of people just by increasing the budgets of federal agencies purportedly concerned with those problems or groups.
The reality, however, is that big government primarily benefits that class of people who control government. In reality, wealthy individuals and large corporations love big government, as evidenced by Warren Buffet's desire for a tax increase. The richer and more powerful you are, the better able you are to withstand the burdens of big government, and the better able you are to navigate all the hurdles of big government. No matter how much the government raises taxes, the wealthy will always find ways to shelter their income.
There's a reason Warren Buffett pays a much lower tax rate than does his secretary. And there's also a reason why the really big banks — the banks whose carelessness contributed to the financial crisis — are doing better than the small banks, the banks that played by the rules and didn't need bail-outs. It's the big banks that have the resources to handle all the extra costs of burdens of the increased federal regulation.
The rich and powerful don't mind big government; in many ways, they welcome it — because big government preserves the status quo. Big government suffocates social mobility. It grows out of a proclamation to combat inequality, but in the end the poor and middle class are the ones that ultimately have to bear the burden of this increased government. The rule of history is that the more government grows, the more the average person has to pay.
Compare, for instance, the United States and France. In the U.S., the 16% of GDP collected in income taxes is allocated as follows: the top ten percent of taxpayers pay over 7 percent, and the other 90 percent pay just under 9 percent. But in France, where over 24 percent of GDP is paid in income taxes, the wealthiest 10 percent pay less than 7 percent, but the remaining 90 percent pay more than 17 percent. Thus, the more government is expanded in the name of the poor and middle class, the more the poor and middle class foot the bill — and the less the poor get out of it.
Unconstrained government hurts the poor
A CBO study recently found that, over the past 30 years, the percentage of government transfer payments going to the poor has declined from 50 percent to 35 percent. And when government programs or regulations fail, it is the poor who suffer. The recent housing and financial crises, brought on by misguided government efforts to force lenders to issue home mortgages to people who couldn't meet traditional underwriting standards, hit the working poor the hardest: first, by creating a recession that eliminated jobs; and second, by leading to the foreclosure of their homes. The same effect occurred with all those public high-rise housing projects built during the 1960s and which have all been torn down. It was the poor who suffered — the poor whose children were forced into such close living contact with gang leaders and drug dealers.
When government spending suffocates economic growth, it isn't the rich who suffer — they can still collect their tax-free interest from municipal bonds, or move their money off-shore. Their incomes and livelihood aren't threatened. But for the poor, a suffocation of growth eliminates jobs and economic opportunity. For instance, a study by scholars Magnus Henrekson and Andrew Bergh shows that for every 10 percentage points that a country's government expands into its economy, the country loses one percentage point per year in economic growth. And countless studies have revealed how states with no income tax grow much faster than those with high income tax rates.
SOBS

Raleigh, NC

#640933 May 14, 2012
The wealthy don't need social mobility. They don't need growth. For them, the status quo is just fine. With big government, the rich gain power, since their ability to wield political power empowers them to have a greater control over society. When government spending fuels inflation, the rich will always find ways to protect their money. It is the poor who are the first victims of an inflationary economy.

The ruse of fairness

President Obama is trying to sell his agenda of escalating government under the exploitive election-year banner of fairness. But this is a distraction from the real issues surrounding taxation and government spending. Taxes are all about paying for the essential government services that society cannot obtain any other way. They are not about feeding an unrestrained government that constantly needs more fuel. Taxes are about nations and states remaining competitive with each other, especially in an increasingly globalistic world. But fairness? How can we determine the fairness of taxes? How much of the total income taxes should the top 10 percent of income-earners pay? Twenty percent? Thirty percent? Forty percent? If the majority of society pays a rate of 10 percent in income taxes, what's the fair rate for the rich to pay? Twenty-five percent? Thirty percent? Thirty-five percent?

If fairness is the primary concern, where's the fairness in burdening unborn generations with the debt of indulgent and irresponsible previous generations? Where's the fairness in trapping the poor in a life of government dependency? Where's the fairness in taking tax dollars from unsuspecting taxpayers and funneling them to bankrupt solar energy companies? Where's the fairness in promising to future retirees a Medicare system that is already financially unsustainable?

Fairness is not a viable governing strategy or guidepost. It is a manipulative, emotional label that seeks to distract from the formation or evaluation of realistic, workable strategies.

The Obama crusade for big government is not beneficial to the poor and middle class. If anything, it is unfair to them, for it will end up further strengthening the rich and social elite, leaving the poor and middle class to foot the bill. The Left often argues that government is controlled by the powerful in society; consequently, the bigger the government, the more it is controlled by the powerful elite for their own interests. So where does this leave the poor and middle class? It leaves them dependent on the patronizing whims of the elite, all the while having to shoulder most of the burden for that big government.

© Patrick Garry

RenewAmerica analyst Patrick Garry also writes a column for RenewAmerica.

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#640934 May 14, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
JP Morgan made a $5 billion profit in 1Q.
Then they lost $2 billion on a bad trade.
So what?
They had a much better quarter than the federal government.
I know you asslicker think you know everything, so in the next few days when that number spins out of control, I will try to teach you about wall street banks....

Lesson one:
They never tell the truth...LIKE YOU ASSLICKER
ironic_sphincter

Euless, TX

#640935 May 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
The boy scouts are a hate grp in the liberals one good eye...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min taletha 336,118
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 9 min kuda 2,812
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Dr Guru 194,283
News 3 Reasons Why Joe Biden Will Run For President 2 hr Drama Central 8
News Cuba tones down anti-U.S. rhetoric on revolutio... 2 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 11
News IMF to help Ukraine with up to $18 billion bailout (Mar '14) 5 hr Purity Flower 23
News Scott Walker, Confronted by Immigrant in Iowa, ... 6 hr Your Ex 248
More from around the web