Brownback and Roberts block Obama nom...

Brownback and Roberts block Obama nominees

There are 20101 comments on the WPTY story from Aug 7, 2009, titled Brownback and Roberts block Obama nominees. In it, WPTY reports that:

Senator Pat Roberts , May 2006 WASHINGTON a ' Kansas' two U.S. senators are blocking 10 of President Barack Obama's nominees for senior administration posts at the Pentagon and Justice Department in protest over a proposal to house Guantanamo detainees at the Fort Leavenworth prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPTY.

“WestieLover”

Since: Apr 12

The city that I reside

#22135 Oct 10, 2012
I saw 2016 wrote:
2016 Obama's America is just one man's opinion. And, it is based on no evidence to draw his
conclusions. The first part is a travel log of where Obama has lived. The middle is physco babble
and a list of scary people Obama is supposed to have been influenced by. And the final part is the scary things he will do.
Dinesh D'souza is a noted polemic and this thing is just propaganda. It is all assertions and little fact.
Oh Marie, Obama was influenced directly by Frank Marshall Davis, his "Pops" who wrote poetry, took lewd pictures of his mother Stanley, and others women in his apartment.
An author of lewd books. Frank mentored Barack in his world views, and as a committed Communist Party member, that was quite a twisted view.
Why would grandparents take a young Barack weekly to see Frank Marshall Davis as instructed by Stanley Soetoro? Seriously, knowing the man was a avowed Communist, under FBI surveillance then and until the day he died?
Obama wrote of Frank in his first book, and indicated they dabbled in Marxist literature and went to meetings together.

Frank was a avid jazz groupie, had quite a collection of jazz, and Obama lately is relating that he spent time with his father who had a special fondness for jazz which they both enjoyed together.

Casting aside the truth, doesn't make your views true.

Other mentors like Edward Said at Columbia, Professor Derrick Bell at Harvard, and ole Rev. Wright, all showed one universal theme:
Anti-America, America the oppressor, America the exploiter of non-white non-western nations.

By the way, nothing in the brief time period of Obama Sr. and Jr's brief visit, does it provide any proof that Obama Sr. loved jazz, nor that he and Barack enjoyed it together.
If anything it would have been "the call to prayer".

Here's what the Shahada inscription on his wedding ring which Obama's been wearing since his sophmore days at Occidental College. And has chosen to continue to use in his Trinity marriage:

LA ILAHA ILLALLAH - THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH.

Don't you tire following a false prince after all the obvious truthes? Oh I forgot, Liberals have too much invested to accept the truth.

http://townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/2...
I saw 2016

Overland Park, KS

#22136 Oct 10, 2012
Dear conservitive girl

You are some nut job. A real right wing nut to believe the stuff you wrote. Go get an education.
Again all assertions and no facts.

“End Communism!”

Since: Jul 08

Wherever Freedom Dwells!

#22137 Oct 11, 2012
"These are tough times with real serious issues,

so you have to scratch your head when the

president spends the last week talking about

saving Big Bird," Romney said, to the crowd's

delight. "I actually think we need to have a

president who talks about saving the American

people and saving good jobs and saving our

future."

What is more iportant a cartoon character
or our countr and it's people?

Come on folks! Time to grow up and look at the real issues!

And if Romney is elected, Big bird is not going to disappear anyway, BE REAL!

We need to SAVE AMERICA, it's economy, our people, and maintain a strong defense to guarantee our safety. Who will do that? Big Bird? Of course not, President Mitt Romney would!!!

ps..obama has failed so far and plans to decrease OUR NATIONAL DEFENSE, WHOSE SIDE IS VHE ON....looks like he sides with the enemy to me!
I saw IT

Overland Park, KS

#22138 Oct 11, 2012
Doc Proper wrote:
future."
We need to SAVE AMERICA, it's economy, our people, and maintain a strong defense to guarantee our safety. Who will do that? Big Bird? Of course not, President Mitt Romney would!!!
ps..obama has failed so far and plans to decrease OUR NATIONAL DEFENSE, WHOSE SIDE IS VHE ON....looks like he sides with the enemy to me!
The real problem on the issues is what does Mitt Romney believe and what are his positions on governing the country. He has been all over the place. And I will bet you $10,000 he cannot cut taxes 25%, reduce the deficit, keep social security and medicare, and also INCREASE DEFENSE SPENDING if those are still his policies.
2016DVDAtAmazon

Lebanon, NJ

#22139 Oct 11, 2012
I saw IT wrote:
<quoted text>
The real problem on the issues is what does Mitt Romney believe and what are his positions on governing the country. He has been all over the place. And I will bet you $10,000 he cannot cut taxes 25%, reduce the deficit, keep social security and medicare, and also INCREASE DEFENSE SPENDING if those are still his policies.
Give him a chance & you'll see!
2016DVDAtAmazon

Lebanon, NJ

#22140 Oct 11, 2012

future."

We need to SAVE AMERICA, it's economy, our people, and maintain a strong defense to guarantee our safety. Who will do that? Big Bird? Of course not, President Mitt Romney would!!!!!!!!!!

“WestieLover”

The city that I reside

#22141 Oct 11, 2012
I saw 2016 wrote:
Dear conservitive girl
You are some nut job. A real right wing nut to believe the stuff you wrote. Go get an education.
Sweetie, you are the one who casts aside education, comprehension, and common sense in your tireless support of a false incopetent prince. Humor abounds in your membership in the Liberal tin foil hat society.
Where do you want your star for idiocy par excellance????

“WestieLover”

The city that I reside

#22142 Oct 11, 2012
Doc Proper wrote:
future."
The purpose is diversion from the issues that he cannot excape.
Failures in turning the economy around, bringing jobs to the 23 million, and a disaterous foreign policy that has gotten our Ambassador and three other Americans killed.

I listened to the Vaughn's yesterday evening. And they placed the blame exactly where it belongs with this President, and his State Department. The Vaughn's emotional indictment was compelling.

I also listened to Pat Smith the mother of Sean Smith also killed in this terrorist attack in Libya. Yes Terrorist Attack!
Something this President, Clinton, Rice, Carney, State Department, took weeks to declare. Even though they knew the truth on day one.

Pat Smith was interviewed by Anderson Cooper. She told the government not to give her any baloney that comes from a political stance.

Rice came up to her at the White House reception and said,
"this is the way it went. It was because of the film that came out." Since then the administration has finally fessed up to what they knew all along, it was a well coordinated terrorist attack by al Qaeda militants.

Pat Smith told Obama at that same reception that the attack was his fault. "I told him, you screwed up. You didn't do a good job. I lost my son."

Why did he use a stupid video trailer as an excuse??? Because he and his campaign deemed that the calculated al Qaeda attack was politically damaging to the President's foreign policy, and he's been touting his GM is alive and Osama is dead slogan for months. And this thing was about to blow a hole in his narrative and reelection. So he and the campaign opted to use the video, thinking the media would continue to carry their verse same as the first song and dance.

They were proven eventually wrong. As some of the media are seeing the realm of Obama from a much different perspective now.
He bombed in his 1st debate. That tarnished his image. Shook their faith in him. They all questioned, who is this guy? Did we have it wrong all along?

Now Morgan and Cooper of CNN are doubting the competence of this man to serve due to his failed foreign policy. Something that clear thinking folks knew all along.

“Abbiamo Vinto”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#22143 Oct 11, 2012
Conservative girl wrote:
<quoted text>The purpose is diversion from the issues that he cannot excape.
Failures in turning the economy around, bringing jobs to the 23 million, and a disaterous foreign policy that has gotten our Ambassador and three other Americans killed.
I listened to the Vaughn's yesterday evening. And they placed the blame exactly where it belongs with this President, and his State Department. The Vaughn's emotional indictment was compelling.
I also listened to Pat Smith the mother of Sean Smith also killed in this terrorist attack in Libya. Yes Terrorist Attack!
Something this President, Clinton, Rice, Carney, State Department, took weeks to declare. Even though they knew the truth on day one.
Pat Smith was interviewed by Anderson Cooper. She told the government not to give her any baloney that comes from a political stance.
Rice came up to her at the White House reception and said,
"this is the way it went. It was because of the film that came out." Since then the administration has finally fessed up to what they knew all along, it was a well coordinated terrorist attack by al Qaeda militants.
Pat Smith told Obama at that same reception that the attack was his fault. "I told him, you screwed up. You didn't do a good job. I lost my son."
Why did he use a stupid video trailer as an excuse??? Because he and his campaign deemed that the calculated al Qaeda attack was politically damaging to the President's foreign policy, and he's been touting his GM is alive and Osama is dead slogan for months. And this thing was about to blow a hole in his narrative and reelection. So he and the campaign opted to use the video, thinking the media would continue to carry their verse same as the first song and dance.
They were proven eventually wrong. As some of the media are seeing the realm of Obama from a much different perspective now.
He bombed in his 1st debate. That tarnished his image. Shook their faith in him. They all questioned, who is this guy? Did we have it wrong all along?
Now Morgan and Cooper of CNN are doubting the competence of this man to serve due to his failed foreign policy. Something that clear thinking folks knew all along.
Exactly my friend! Who cares about Big Bird! Let's deal with real issues, not a cartoon! Is that what he is president for, to protect Big Bird while the country goes downhill? I think we need a new president, one that cares for the country and it's people, not Big Bird, the cartoon character!

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#22144 Oct 11, 2012
who will take care of you LIEger the cartoon from NJ?...
2016DVDAtAmazon

Lebanon, NJ

#22146 Oct 12, 2012
Cherokee wrote:
who will take care of you LIEger the cartoon from NJ?...
Who is LIEger?????

And....who cares anyway!
2016DVDAtAmazon

Lebanon, NJ

#22147 Oct 12, 2012
Ryan to Biden:‘I know you’re under a lot of duress to make up for lost ground’ Biden then got ruffled and visibly upset!

As the vice presidential debate shifted to domestic issues on Thursday night, the vice presidential candidates were asked to weigh in on Medicare.

"They got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, turning Medicare into a piggybank for Obamacare," Ryan said of his assertion that seniors would lose Medicare access under the president's plan.

Biden interrupted Ryan several times, attempting to argue with his assertions. "That didn't happen.... More people signed up for Medicare Advantage after the change," Biden said.

Ryan then addressed the first presidential debate, taking an ironic verbal shot at Biden. "I know you're under a lot of duress to make up for lost ground," Ryan said.

"Well, don't take all the four minutes, then," Biden shot back.

For the record, however, at the time of the exchange, Biden had been speaking for over two minutes longer than Ryan in total debate time.

When it was officially Biden's turn again, he chose to address the debate cameras directly, saying that seniors are not denied choices.

"All you seniors out there, have you been denied choices?" he quipped.

After this meeting, it appears that Paul Ryan is increasing in popularity, while Biden's continues to decine.
Marie

Shawnee, KS

#22148 Oct 12, 2012
I saw 2016 wrote:
Dear conservitive girl
She also thinks you are me.
Forget that my ISP is not in OP

She thinks I have nothing better to do than create alternate IDs to post to her.
She even seems to think I put out extra $$ to have a second internet connection or whatever it takes to alter one's ISP.
It's weird.
{{shrug}}
it's pretty hilarious, but it gets boring real fast

I can't believe she would actually bring up those supposed photos of Barack's mother.

Any expert could see the difference in those faces
- and even someone with common sense might have noticed that the woman in those pictures had *BLUE* eyes, while the President's mother had brown.

But there is no use trying to talk sense to folks like Toni - er, Conservative Girl.

These folks have rendered themselves useless with their own nonsense
However, they are useful to the other side, in that they have made a joke of the Republican Party

Location hidden

#22149 Oct 12, 2012
The Compasioinate One wrote:
feed the terrortists to the sharks!
Tu y Toni son un par de pajuos. You know that if it wasn't for the misille crisis you Cubans would be just another little unknown island. You need to thank castro for your being famous

“Abbiamo Vinto”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#22150 Oct 13, 2012
Cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>If Spain, White men & Christianity had not conquered us, we would still be all running naked & cutting each other's heads off......just like in the movie Apocalyto...we owe civilization to the Europeans, even if we are brownazzez
If you say so, mojon!
Marie

Shawnee, KS

#22151 Oct 13, 2012
2016DVDAtAmazon wrote:
Ryan to Biden:‘I know you’re under a lot of duress to make up for lost ground’ Biden then got ruffled and visibly upset!
As the vice presidential debate shifted to domestic issues on Thursday night, the vice presidential candidates were asked to weigh in on Medicare.
"They got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, turning Medicare into a piggybank for Obamacare," Ryan said of his assertion that seniors would lose Medicare access under the president's plan.
Biden interrupted Ryan several times, attempting to argue with his assertions. "That didn't happen.... More people signed up for Medicare Advantage after the change," Biden said.
Ryan then addressed the first presidential debate, taking an ironic verbal shot at Biden. "I know you're under a lot of duress to make up for lost ground," Ryan said.
"Well, don't take all the four minutes, then," Biden shot back.
For the record, however, at the time of the exchange, Biden had been speaking for over two minutes longer than Ryan in total debate time.
When it was officially Biden's turn again, he chose to address the debate cameras directly, saying that seniors are not denied choices.
"All you seniors out there, have you been denied choices?" he quipped.
After this meeting, it appears that Paul Ryan is increasing in popularity, while Biden's continues to decine.
WHen you whine about style, you have lost the argument.
THe key thing is that Biden kept interrupting to insert the FACTS - something sadly lacking with Ryan and Romney. They just aren't accustomed to honesty and sticking to a position.

When Obama let Romney run over him, he and the Dems admitted to it and went on.

Just admit that your boy Lyin Ryan was outdone and grow up

Romnitt and Lyin Ryan won't win the election - they don't have the electoral votes

what goes around, comes around

')
FIDELcastroHASdi ed

Lebanon, NJ

#22152 Oct 13, 2012
In Ohio Democratic Stronghold, Paul Ryan hits Obama on China currency

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — Seeking to build on the momentum that the Republican White House ticket has picked up in recent weeks, GOP vice-presidential nominee Paul Ryan on Saturday made an appeal to voters in a Democratic area of this manufacturing state, arguing that President Obama’s China policies have cost the country jobs.

In an address to several hundred supporters in a hall at Youngstown State University, the Wisconsin congressman seized on Friday’s news that the Obama administration will delay until after the election the release of a biannual Treasury Department report on whether China is manipulating its currency. The report had been due Oct. 15.

"The administration had their eighth chance to label China a currency manipulator,” Ryan said at the outset of his town hall meeting here.“It’s due in two days. They said they’re going to push this deadline off until after the election. That’s eight opportunities they’ve had to say,‘You know what? Play fair with us. Trade with us fairly.’&#8201;”

The Treasury announcement follows something of a trend: The administration delayed the release of its October 2011 and 2010 reports, as well.

Ryan’s visit Saturday morning took him to the heart of the Democratic stronghold of Mahoning County, which Obama won in 2008, with 62 percent of the vote to Republican nominee John McCain’s 36 percent. His currency-manipulation remark comes as both parties have been trading barbs over which side would be tougher on China, a battle that frequently plays out in the waning weeks of campaigns.

Ryan and his running mate, GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, have pledged to label China a currency manipulator on “Day One” in office. On Saturday, Ryan renewed the ticket’s pledge to “do something about it” and argued that Obama has also failed to press China enough on intellectual property rights.

”We’ve lost hundreds of thousands of jobs, according to one study, because of just this problem,” Ryan said.“Two million jobs we’ve lost, according to the International Trade Commission, because of one country — China — taking our intellectual property rights.”
==========
Marie

Shawnee, KS

#22153 Oct 13, 2012
See ya' November 7th.

This is all just Bovine Scatology
FIDELcastroHASdi ed

Lebanon, NJ

#22154 Oct 13, 2012
Romney, Ryan buoyed by debates

Posted by
CNN Political Producer Shawna Shepherd

Lancaster, Ohio (CNN)– Buoyed by his widely-praised debate performance, Mitt Romney cheered Paul Ryan’s handling of his only showdown with Vice President Joe Biden at a large rally in Ohio Friday evening.

“Gosh, we got to watch this guy debate and there was one person on the stage with thoughtfulness, who was respectful, who was steady and poised. There is one person on that stage you’d want to be with if there were a crisis – it is this man right here,” Romney said at a rally with his running mate that drew an audience of nearly 8,000 to a town square.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter:@PoliticalTicker

– Check out the CNN Electoral Map and Calculator and game out your own strategy for November.

The Republican duo, last together one week ago, reunited in Lancaster the day after the vice presidential candidates debated in Danville, Kentucky.

Romney did not call out Biden directly but the GOP presidential nominee criticized the Democrat for not proposing any solutions.

“And when the moderator asked how you’d get the economy going, one person on the stage just attacked. But this guy stood up – well it was sitting down, I guess, but metaphorically he stood up – and he went through all the things he’d do to get this economy going,” he said.

Earlier in the day at a late breakfast with his wife Janna and three kids in Lexington, Kentucky Ryan said he felt “great” about the debate but refused to weigh in on whether he felt knocked around by the Biden.

But Ryan made a point to lambaste the vice president for comments he made about the Benghazi attacks in Libya, which resulted in post-debate questions and monopolized much of Friday’s White House briefing with reporters.

“You know, we had a little chat about Libya and Benghazi,” said Ryan.“We mourn the cost of these four brave Americans, but talking about blaming, first they blame a YouTube video in a nonexistent riot, then when the country is getting upset about it they blame Romney and Ryan for getting people upset about it. They keep changing their story.”

The vice presidential hopeful continued,“This is not what leadership looks like. We need clarity, not confusion. We need accountability, and no more excuses. This tragedy would be troubling in and of itself and tragic in and of itself but unfortunately what we are witnessing when we turn our TVs on a daily basis is the unraveling of the Obama foreign policy.”

Romney also seized on Biden’s statements. It was the second time in as many days that Romney sharply criticized the Obama administration for its posture in the aftermath of the attack.

At an outdoor rally in Richmond, Romney said Biden had raised more questions about the administration's handling of the deadly incident when he "directly contradicted the testimony of State Department officials," during the vice presidential debate Thursday night.

Back in battleground state Ohio, where Romney and Ryan will spend their Saturday at separate events, the presidential nominee tried to capture the momentum he feels is building ahead of the second presidential debate on Tuesday in New York.

“I've had the fun of going back and forth across Ohio and this week I was also in Florida and Iowa, I was in North Carolina, in Virginia and you know what there is a growing crescendo of enthusiasm people recognize that this is not an ordinary campaign this is a critical time for the country,” Romney said.“There is more energy and passion, people are getting behind this campaign. We're taking back this country!"

Location hidden

#22155 Oct 13, 2012
Marie you are a tough cookie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,277,835
News White House says Mount McKinley to be renamed D... 14 min Le Jimbo 153
News Obama shoots Alaska video with 'selfie' stick 30 min Le Jimbo 4
News Will clerk issue gay marriage licenses after co... 31 min Thorpmeyer 47
News In climate bid, Obama stares down melting Alask... 35 min Le Jimbo 48
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 41 min YTube 341,403
News Turkey duped the US, and ISIS reaps rewards 52 min Filipsamovich 34
More from around the web