Brownback and Roberts block Obama nom...

Brownback and Roberts block Obama nominees

There are 20089 comments on the WPTY story from Aug 7, 2009, titled Brownback and Roberts block Obama nominees. In it, WPTY reports that:

Senator Pat Roberts , May 2006 WASHINGTON a ' Kansas' two U.S. senators are blocking 10 of President Barack Obama's nominees for senior administration posts at the Pentagon and Justice Department in protest over a proposal to house Guantanamo detainees at the Fort Leavenworth prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPTY.

Marie

Shawnee, KS

#22148 Oct 12, 2012
I saw 2016 wrote:
Dear conservitive girl
You are some nut job. A real right wing nut to believe the stuff you wrote. Go get an education.
Again all assertions and no facts.
She also thinks you are me.
Forget that my ISP is not in OP

She thinks I have nothing better to do than create alternate IDs to post to her.
She even seems to think I put out extra $$ to have a second internet connection or whatever it takes to alter one's ISP.
It's weird.
{{shrug}}
it's pretty hilarious, but it gets boring real fast

I can't believe she would actually bring up those supposed photos of Barack's mother.

Any expert could see the difference in those faces
- and even someone with common sense might have noticed that the woman in those pictures had *BLUE* eyes, while the President's mother had brown.

But there is no use trying to talk sense to folks like Toni - er, Conservative Girl.

These folks have rendered themselves useless with their own nonsense
However, they are useful to the other side, in that they have made a joke of the Republican Party

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#22149 Oct 12, 2012
The Compasioinate One wrote:
feed the terrortists to the sharks!
Tu y Toni son un par de pajuos. You know that if it wasn't for the misille crisis you Cubans would be just another little unknown island. You need to thank castro for your being famous

“Abbiamo Vinto”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#22150 Oct 13, 2012
Cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>If Spain, White men & Christianity had not conquered us, we would still be all running naked & cutting each other's heads off......just like in the movie Apocalyto...we owe civilization to the Europeans, even if we are brownazzez
If you say so, mojon!
Marie

Shawnee, KS

#22151 Oct 13, 2012
2016DVDAtAmazon wrote:
Ryan to Biden:‘I know you’re under a lot of duress to make up for lost ground’ Biden then got ruffled and visibly upset!
As the vice presidential debate shifted to domestic issues on Thursday night, the vice presidential candidates were asked to weigh in on Medicare.
"They got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, turning Medicare into a piggybank for Obamacare," Ryan said of his assertion that seniors would lose Medicare access under the president's plan.
Biden interrupted Ryan several times, attempting to argue with his assertions. "That didn't happen.... More people signed up for Medicare Advantage after the change," Biden said.
Ryan then addressed the first presidential debate, taking an ironic verbal shot at Biden. "I know you're under a lot of duress to make up for lost ground," Ryan said.
"Well, don't take all the four minutes, then," Biden shot back.
For the record, however, at the time of the exchange, Biden had been speaking for over two minutes longer than Ryan in total debate time.
When it was officially Biden's turn again, he chose to address the debate cameras directly, saying that seniors are not denied choices.
"All you seniors out there, have you been denied choices?" he quipped.
After this meeting, it appears that Paul Ryan is increasing in popularity, while Biden's continues to decine.
WHen you whine about style, you have lost the argument.
THe key thing is that Biden kept interrupting to insert the FACTS - something sadly lacking with Ryan and Romney. They just aren't accustomed to honesty and sticking to a position.

When Obama let Romney run over him, he and the Dems admitted to it and went on.

Just admit that your boy Lyin Ryan was outdone and grow up

Romnitt and Lyin Ryan won't win the election - they don't have the electoral votes

what goes around, comes around

')
FIDELcastroHASdi ed

Lebanon, NJ

#22152 Oct 13, 2012
In Ohio Democratic Stronghold, Paul Ryan hits Obama on China currency

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — Seeking to build on the momentum that the Republican White House ticket has picked up in recent weeks, GOP vice-presidential nominee Paul Ryan on Saturday made an appeal to voters in a Democratic area of this manufacturing state, arguing that President Obama’s China policies have cost the country jobs.

In an address to several hundred supporters in a hall at Youngstown State University, the Wisconsin congressman seized on Friday’s news that the Obama administration will delay until after the election the release of a biannual Treasury Department report on whether China is manipulating its currency. The report had been due Oct. 15.

"The administration had their eighth chance to label China a currency manipulator,” Ryan said at the outset of his town hall meeting here.“It’s due in two days. They said they’re going to push this deadline off until after the election. That’s eight opportunities they’ve had to say,‘You know what? Play fair with us. Trade with us fairly.’&#8201;”

The Treasury announcement follows something of a trend: The administration delayed the release of its October 2011 and 2010 reports, as well.

Ryan’s visit Saturday morning took him to the heart of the Democratic stronghold of Mahoning County, which Obama won in 2008, with 62 percent of the vote to Republican nominee John McCain’s 36 percent. His currency-manipulation remark comes as both parties have been trading barbs over which side would be tougher on China, a battle that frequently plays out in the waning weeks of campaigns.

Ryan and his running mate, GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, have pledged to label China a currency manipulator on “Day One” in office. On Saturday, Ryan renewed the ticket’s pledge to “do something about it” and argued that Obama has also failed to press China enough on intellectual property rights.

”We’ve lost hundreds of thousands of jobs, according to one study, because of just this problem,” Ryan said.“Two million jobs we’ve lost, according to the International Trade Commission, because of one country — China — taking our intellectual property rights.”
==========
Marie

Shawnee, KS

#22153 Oct 13, 2012
See ya' November 7th.

This is all just Bovine Scatology
FIDELcastroHASdi ed

Lebanon, NJ

#22154 Oct 13, 2012
Romney, Ryan buoyed by debates

Posted by
CNN Political Producer Shawna Shepherd

Lancaster, Ohio (CNN)– Buoyed by his widely-praised debate performance, Mitt Romney cheered Paul Ryan’s handling of his only showdown with Vice President Joe Biden at a large rally in Ohio Friday evening.

“Gosh, we got to watch this guy debate and there was one person on the stage with thoughtfulness, who was respectful, who was steady and poised. There is one person on that stage you’d want to be with if there were a crisis – it is this man right here,” Romney said at a rally with his running mate that drew an audience of nearly 8,000 to a town square.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter:@PoliticalTicker

– Check out the CNN Electoral Map and Calculator and game out your own strategy for November.

The Republican duo, last together one week ago, reunited in Lancaster the day after the vice presidential candidates debated in Danville, Kentucky.

Romney did not call out Biden directly but the GOP presidential nominee criticized the Democrat for not proposing any solutions.

“And when the moderator asked how you’d get the economy going, one person on the stage just attacked. But this guy stood up – well it was sitting down, I guess, but metaphorically he stood up – and he went through all the things he’d do to get this economy going,” he said.

Earlier in the day at a late breakfast with his wife Janna and three kids in Lexington, Kentucky Ryan said he felt “great” about the debate but refused to weigh in on whether he felt knocked around by the Biden.

But Ryan made a point to lambaste the vice president for comments he made about the Benghazi attacks in Libya, which resulted in post-debate questions and monopolized much of Friday’s White House briefing with reporters.

“You know, we had a little chat about Libya and Benghazi,” said Ryan.“We mourn the cost of these four brave Americans, but talking about blaming, first they blame a YouTube video in a nonexistent riot, then when the country is getting upset about it they blame Romney and Ryan for getting people upset about it. They keep changing their story.”

The vice presidential hopeful continued,“This is not what leadership looks like. We need clarity, not confusion. We need accountability, and no more excuses. This tragedy would be troubling in and of itself and tragic in and of itself but unfortunately what we are witnessing when we turn our TVs on a daily basis is the unraveling of the Obama foreign policy.”

Romney also seized on Biden’s statements. It was the second time in as many days that Romney sharply criticized the Obama administration for its posture in the aftermath of the attack.

At an outdoor rally in Richmond, Romney said Biden had raised more questions about the administration's handling of the deadly incident when he "directly contradicted the testimony of State Department officials," during the vice presidential debate Thursday night.

Back in battleground state Ohio, where Romney and Ryan will spend their Saturday at separate events, the presidential nominee tried to capture the momentum he feels is building ahead of the second presidential debate on Tuesday in New York.

“I've had the fun of going back and forth across Ohio and this week I was also in Florida and Iowa, I was in North Carolina, in Virginia and you know what there is a growing crescendo of enthusiasm people recognize that this is not an ordinary campaign this is a critical time for the country,” Romney said.“There is more energy and passion, people are getting behind this campaign. We're taking back this country!"
----------393

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#22155 Oct 13, 2012
Marie you are a tough cookie
Marie

Shawnee, KS

#22156 Oct 13, 2012
FIDELcastroHASdied wrote:
Romney, Ryan buoyed by debates
Posted by
CNN Political Producer Shawna Shepherd
Lancaster, Ohio (CNN)– Buoyed by his widely-praised debate performance, Mitt Romney cheered Paul Ryan’s handling of his only showdown with Vice President Joe Biden at a large rally in Ohio Friday evening.
“Gosh, we got to watch this guy debate and there was one person on the stage with thoughtfulness, who was respectful, who was steady and poised. There is one person on that stage you’d want to be with if there were a crisis – it is this man right here,” Romney said at a rally with his running mate that drew an audience of nearly 8,000 to a town square.
– Follow the Ticker on Twitter:@PoliticalTicker
– Check out the CNN Electoral Map and Calculator and game out your own strategy for November.
The Republican duo, last together one week ago, reunited in Lancaster the day after the vice presidential candidates debated in Danville, Kentucky.
Romney did not call out Biden directly but the GOP presidential nominee criticized the Democrat for not proposing any solutions.
“And when the moderator asked how you’d get the economy going, one person on the stage just attacked. But this guy stood up – well it was sitting down, I guess, but metaphorically he stood up – and he went through all the things he’d do to get this economy going,” he said.
Earlier in the day at a late breakfast with his wife Janna and three kids in Lexington, Kentucky Ryan said he felt “great” about the debate but refused to weigh in on whether he felt knocked around by the Biden.
But Ryan made a point to lambaste the vice president for comments he made about the Benghazi attacks in Libya, which resulted in post-debate questions and monopolized much of Friday’s White House briefing with reporters.
“You know, we had a little chat about Libya and Benghazi,” said Ryan.“We mourn the cost of these four brave Americans, but talking about blaming, first they blame a YouTube video in a nonexistent riot, then when the country is getting upset about it they blame Romney and Ryan for getting people upset about it. They keep changing their story.”
The vice presidential hopeful continued,“This is not what leadership looks like. We need clarity, not confusion. We need accountability, and no more excuses. This tragedy would be troubling in and of itself and tragic in and of itself but unfortunately what we are witnessing when we turn our TVs on a daily basis is the unraveling of the Obama foreign policy.”
Romney also seized on Biden’s statements. It was the second time in as many days that Romney sharply criticized the Obama administration for its posture in the aftermath of the attack.
At an outdoor rally in Richmond, Romney said Biden had raised more questions about the administration's handling of the deadly incident when he "directly contradicted the testimony of State Department officials," during the vice presidential debate Thursday night.
Back in battleground state Ohio, where Romney and Ryan will spend their Saturday at separate events, the presidential nominee tried to capture the momentum he feels is building ahead of the second presidential debate on Tuesday in New York.
“I've had the fun of going back and forth across Ohio and this week I was also in Florida and Iowa, I was in North Carolina, in Virginia and you know what there is a growing crescendo of enthusiasm people recognize that this is not an ordinary campaign this is a critical time for the country,” Romney said.“There is more energy and passion, people are getting behind this campaign. We're taking back this country!"
----------393
Lowsy attempt at spin

This is all bravado and you know it

THEY DON'T HAVE the *ELECTORAL VOTES*

and people don't like them

they don't even like Mrs. Romney

you might as well forget about it - ain't gonna happen for ya this time
Marie

Shawnee, KS

#22157 Oct 13, 2012
Cherokee wrote:
Marie you are a tough cookie
the world shapes us that way, doesn't it?

It's a good thing though.

“End Communism!”

Since: Jul 08

Wherever Freedom Dwells!

#22158 Oct 13, 2012
FIDELcastroHASdied wrote:
Romney, Ryan buoyed by debates
Posted by
CNN Political Producer Shawna Shepherd
Lancaster, Ohio (CNN)– Buoyed by his widely-praised debate performance, Mitt Romney cheered Paul Ryan’s handling of his only showdown with Vice President Joe Biden at a large rally in Ohio Friday evening.
“Gosh, we got to watch this guy debate and there was one person on the stage with thoughtfulness, who was respectful, who was steady and poised. There is one person on that stage you’d want to be with if there were a crisis – it is this man right here,” Romney said at a rally with his running mate that drew an audience of nearly 8,000 to a town square.
– Follow the Ticker on Twitter:@PoliticalTicker
– Check out the CNN Electoral Map and Calculator and game out your own strategy for November.
The Republican duo, last together one week ago, reunited in Lancaster the day after the vice presidential candidates debated in Danville, Kentucky.
Romney did not call out Biden directly but the GOP presidential nominee criticized the Democrat for not proposing any solutions.
“And when the moderator asked how you’d get the economy going, one person on the stage just attacked. But this guy stood up – well it was sitting down, I guess, but metaphorically he stood up – and he went through all the things he’d do to get this economy going,” he said.
Earlier in the day at a late breakfast with his wife Janna and three kids in Lexington, Kentucky Ryan said he felt “great” about the debate but refused to weigh in on whether he felt knocked around by the Biden.
But Ryan made a point to lambaste the vice president for comments he made about the Benghazi attacks in Libya, which resulted in post-debate questions and monopolized much of Friday’s White House briefing with reporters.
“You know, we had a little chat about Libya and Benghazi,” said Ryan.“We mourn the cost of these four brave Americans, but talking about blaming, first they blame a YouTube video in a nonexistent riot, then when the country is getting upset about it they blame Romney and Ryan for getting people upset about it. They keep changing their story.”
The vice presidential hopeful continued,“This is not what leadership looks like. We need clarity, not confusion. We need accountability, and no more excuses. This tragedy would be troubling in and of itself and tragic in and of itself but unfortunately what we are witnessing when we turn our TVs on a daily basis is the unraveling of the Obama foreign policy.”
Romney also seized on Biden’s statements. It was the second time in as many days that Romney sharply criticized the Obama administration for its posture in the aftermath of the attack.
At an outdoor rally in Richmond, Romney said Biden had raised more questions about the administration's handling of the deadly incident when he "directly contradicted the testimony of State Department officials," during the vice presidential debate Thursday night.
Back in battleground state Ohio, where Romney and Ryan will spend their Saturday at separate events, the presidential nominee tried to capture the momentum he feels is building ahead of the second presidential debate on Tuesday in New York.
“I've had the fun of going back and forth across Ohio and this week I was also in Florida and Iowa, I was in North Carolina, in Virginia and you know what there is a growing crescendo of enthusiasm people recognize that this is not an ordinary campaign this is a critical time for the country,” Romney said.“There is more energy and passion, people are getting behind this campaign. We're taking back this country!"
----------393
ELECT TO SAVE AMERICA
ELECT R & R !
Marie

Shawnee, KS

#22159 Oct 13, 2012
Doc Proper wrote:
<quoted text>
ELECT TO SAVE AMERICA
ELECT R & R !
always chasing windmills ..

“End Communism!”

Since: Jul 08

Wherever Freedom Dwells!

#22160 Oct 13, 2012
Marie wrote:
<quoted text>
always chasing windmills ..
Remember what happened to the consulate....cries for help ignrored!!!!
Mitt Romney will criticize White House’s handling of consulate attack

“Abbiamo Vinto”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#22163 Oct 13, 2012
Marie wrote:
<quoted text>
always chasing windmills ..
Not windmills mooslooom!,

BUT AMERICA'S ENEMIES!!!!

YOUR KIND!!!!!!!!!!

“MonoLechuza Idiota”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#22166 Oct 13, 2012
Leave my comrade 0boma alone, you two!
Marie

Shawnee, KS

#22167 Oct 13, 2012
Doc Proper wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember what happened to the consulate....cries for help ignrored!!!!
Mitt Romney will criticize White House’s handling of consulate attack
Oh - you mean when Ryan and other Congressional Republicans voted to cut funding for embassy security, and that limited funding was part of the State Department’s calculus when it denied the Benghazi consulate’s security requests ?

Is that what you're talking about?

Or maybe when Dubya ignored *numerous* warnings of an impending terrotist attack just before 9/11 - he head for Crawford anyway.

Or were you thinking about ignoring cries for help before and during hurricane Katrina ?

YOu are chasing the wrong windmills

“MonoLechuza Idiota”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#22168 Oct 13, 2012
Marie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh - you mean when Ryan and other Congressional Republicans voted to cut funding for embassy security, and that limited funding was part of the State Department’s calculus when it denied the Benghazi consulate’s security requests ?
Is that what you're talking about?
Or maybe when Dubya ignored *numerous* warnings of an impending terrotist attack just before 9/11 - he head for Crawford anyway.
Or were you thinking about ignoring cries for help before and during hurricane Katrina ?
YOu are chasing the wrong windmills
Thank you comrade marie! Chase off that right winger!

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#22169 Oct 13, 2012
balsero Marie is at another level of intelligence. One at which you will very rarely vibrate at

“MonoLechuza Idiota”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#22170 Oct 13, 2012
Marie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh - you mean when Ryan and other Congressional Republicans voted to cut funding for embassy security, and that limited funding was part of the State Department’s calculus when it denied the Benghazi consulate’s security requests ?
Is that what you're talking about?
Or maybe when Dubya ignored *numerous* warnings of an impending terrotist attack just before 9/11 - he head for Crawford anyway.
Or were you thinking about ignoring cries for help before and during hurricane Katrina ?
YOu are chasing the wrong windmills
Torti, my comrade, I love You!

“WestieLover”

Since: Apr 12

The city that I reside

#22171 Oct 16, 2012
Marie wrote:
<quoted text>
She also thinks you are me.
Forget that my ISP is not in OP
She thinks I have nothing better to do than create alternate IDs to post to her.
She even seems to think I put out extra $$ to have a second internet connection or whatever it takes to alter one's ISP.
It's weird.
{{shrug}}
it's pretty hilarious, but it gets boring real fast
I can't believe she would actually bring up those supposed photos of Barack's mother.
Any expert could see the difference in those faces
- and even someone with common sense might have noticed that the woman in those pictures had *BLUE* eyes, while the President's mother had brown.
But there is no use trying to talk sense to folks like Toni - er, Conservative Girl.
These folks have rendered themselves useless with their own nonsense
However, they are useful to the other side, in that they have made a joke of the Republican Party
Talking to yourself again. Gee you are in Bidens realm of non reality, smirks, manic behavior, adamant that lies are truths.
Simply speaking sweet cheeks, Stanley spread them for any revolutinary that excited her.
She told her parents to bring Barack to see Davis weekly. Why would a mother do that knowing this man was a know Communist, bi-sexual, porn loving jazz collector who had a thing for underaged girls? I guess you support Communists and men who rape young girls now huh?
Useless is this President, who through his incopetence has gotten American Amb. Stevens killed and four other Americans.
Obama and his team carried a lie for days about a video being the culprit, when they knew in real-time video that a terrorist band of al Qaeda assaulted the Embassy with heavy weapons, raped the Ambassador and carried him through the streets in humiliation.
Obama, Hilary and his aides watched and did nothing to help those people. The Stevens diary exposes the truth, that Stevens pleaded for help 12 times, and was denied.
The Lybian government warned of immient danger days before, the American Red Cross pulled out too because of the danger.
The British Ambassador was almost killed, and two other attacks happened at our embassy prior.
Obama and his State department have blood on their hands.
There is no excuse for incopetence, if that was what it was.
Today it is a cover-up which they are trying to spin until after the election. God willing he'll be defeated!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Coffee Party 381,190
News Kerry at G7: No apology for Hiroshima 2 hr Garric 1
News Paris climate deal on track for early start 2 hr tina anne 291
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr tina anne 58,825
News Obama Attends Memorial for Grandmother (Dec '08) 4 hr Old Jew 67
News Axelrod, Plouffe Headline Harkin Steak Fry (Aug '10) 4 hr Old Jew 24
News Gingrich: Romney will win 'over 300 electoral v... (Oct '12) 4 hr Povertys traitors 27
More from around the web