1. No evidence head of IRS ordered targeting Tea-Party groups<quoted text>
Let's see what we know now.
1. At least 6 Democrat Senators pressured IRS officials to violate the Civil Rights of numerous individuals and organizations opposed to the agenda of the Democrat Administration. That is a Felony.
2. More than one IRS Official lied to Congress. That is a Felony.
3. The President was joking about the IRS targeting conservative groups long before the Inspector's report came out.
4. The President has avoided saying he knew nothing about the IRS targeting conservative groups; instead, he has denied knowing about the Inspector's investigation.
5. The founding fathers knew the power to tax included the power to destroy and that's why they gave Congress the power of the purse and not the President.
Perhaps the best long term solution is to have the IRS Commissioner elected by a majority of the State's governors rather than the President and limit the term to one term of 6 years. Congress would have impeachment powers.
It would be a start. It needs more work.
2. Most IRS officials involved had been appointed by GOP administration
3. IRS did same to NAACP under Bush (no GOP outrage)
4. Progressive groups lost their Tax-Exempt status under Obama
5. Karl Rove group has been in competition with Tea-Party groups for donations from republicans
6. GOP appointed officials at the IRS was probably helping GOP incumbents from Tea-Party candidates...
7. As of this minute, Nobody has directly linked IRS actions to the White House
You Lie, A-Ho!