Obama looking for spending cut compro...

Obama looking for spending cut compromise, adviser says

There are 19 comments on the WGAL-TV Lancaster story from Mar 3, 2013, titled Obama looking for spending cut compromise, adviser says. In it, WGAL-TV Lancaster reports that:

One day after ordering $85 billion in automatic, across-the-board spending cuts to go into effect, President Barack Obama was on the phone with members of both parties Saturday, trying to find the "bipartisan compromise that we need to get out of this," said Gene Sperling, the president's senior economic aide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGAL-TV Lancaster.

idiots united

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 3, 2013
We the poor middle class tax payers, personal spending cut is never a compromise it's a must.

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#2 Mar 3, 2013
"He's reaching out to Democrats who understand we have to make serious progress on long-term entitlement reform..."

give me a break. when reducing $85 billion from the budget still means an increase from last year, and that becomes a "national emergency", don't try to act like all of a sudden you are interested in entitlement reform. after all, obama has said on numerous occasions that we do not have a spending problem in this country.
see the light

United States

#3 Mar 3, 2013
He wants Republicans to cave in .....yet he never does.
Papillon

Sacramento, CA

#4 Mar 3, 2013
FYI ..........

Salary of retired US Presidents ..........450,000 FOR LIFE
Salary of House/Senate members ..........174,000 FOR LIFE
Salary of Speaker of the House ..........223,500 FOR LIFE
Salary of Majority/Minority Leaders ......$193,400 FOR LIFE
Virtually every democRAT in Congress is a multi-millionaire
Mooochelle Obama’s annual vacations …..$10 MILLION DOLLARS

Average annual illegal Mexican and muslim welfare recipient …$44,000 FOR LIFE

Average salary of a soldier DEPLOYED IN AFGHANISTAN -$38,000 for ONE YEAR ONLY.

Average annual drug addict and those with mental deficiencies (retards)….$29,000

Average ANNUAL income for seniors on SOCIAL SECURITY -$12,000

I think we found where the cuts should be made! If you agree... Pass it on!

Dexter, MO

#5 Mar 3, 2013
Obama and all politicians might get more support if they would quite using candy coated words to try and get things done. Instead of lumping people on Social Security into what they want to call an "entitlement program" go after the disability cheats, food stamp abusers, welfare abusers, doctors who will right a prescription for anyone who will pay, businesses who pay cash to employees so they can retain disability or unemployment, farm subsidy abusers and the list goes on. These are the true entitlements, something for nothing. If you pay for something all your working life, key words here "WORKING LIFE" social security is a deserved thing, not an entitlement. In the little community I live in I would love to be paid a 5% commission on the savings I could find for government money abusers. I would be a rich man pretty quickly. start where the problems really are.
Fire obamma

Fort Davis, TX

#6 Mar 3, 2013
We found the first item to undergo review

His leadership apparently reflects his Ritalin absence...

America can do better!
Fire obamma

Fort Davis, TX

#7 Mar 3, 2013
Would the founding fathers have invited Obama along?
Fire obamma

Fort Davis, TX

#8 Mar 3, 2013
Can anyone find ONE PATRIOTIC Act of Obama?
Fire obamma

Fort Davis, TX

#9 Mar 3, 2013
Where is the budget butt head?

Even the democrats refuse to act on his proposed budget!
Fire obamma

Fort Davis, TX

#10 Mar 3, 2013
Obama,

If Americans ran their households like your trying to run the country,

We'd be in the same financial catastrophe you're in!

You made it, it's yours, own up to it,
SINK WITH IT!
Fire obamma

Fort Davis, TX

#11 Mar 3, 2013
LEADERS take the first step!

Where's obammmas?

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#12 Mar 3, 2013
see the light wrote:
He wants Republicans to cave in .....yet he never does.
I see you forgot this one from John, The Crier of the House, Boehner

When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the white House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Mar 3, 2013
well for one thing tell john 'horseface' kerry that egypt will NOT be getting the 450 million in foreign aid he just promised egyptian prez morsi. That'd be a good start.
Fire obamma

Fort Davis, TX

#14 Mar 3, 2013
Let's cut the crap

Put the negotiations on live television!

We will see who is leading !!!!!
Fire obamma

Fort Davis, TX

#15 Mar 3, 2013
Fire obamma wrote:
LEADERS take the first step!
Where's obammmas?
Where is obammma leadership?

Put it on live television

Let America see the pig in a poke they elected!
Fire obamma

Fort Davis, TX

#16 Mar 3, 2013
Before the negotiations,

PLEASE be sure obamma get his Ritalin!
Please Please Please

Fort Davis, TX

#17 Mar 3, 2013
PLEASE provide EVIDENCE Obammma is "seeking compromise"
snow ducks

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#18 Mar 3, 2013
GoodNewz wrote:
"He's reaching out to Democrats who understand we have to make serious progress on long-term entitlement reform..."
give me a break. when reducing $85 billion from the budget still means an increase from last year, and that becomes a "national emergency", don't try to act like all of a sudden you are interested in entitlement reform. after all, obama has said on numerous occasions that we do not have a spending problem in this country.
waiting for BO next speeches or states of the Onion!! hav a nice nice vacation mr. prezidone!! ;-000
see the light

United States

#19 Mar 3, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I see you forgot this one from John, The Crier of the House, Boehner
When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the white House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy
He's happy(not Republicans)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min sonicfilter 1,604,239
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,986
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 242,629
News On Twitter, Trump accuses blacks of racism thre... 3 hr Chilli J 158
News Evacuations from Bali volcano swell to more tha... 12 hr Wildchild 1
News Will Bunch: Racism on Ivy League Campus and by ... (Apr '11) 15 hr BobsYourUncle46 11
News Trump assures voters Strange is a stronger Sena... 16 hr Moe 39
More from around the web