Obama says will push immigration after fiscal crisis over

Oct 15, 2013 Full story: Reuters 115

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Quirky

Denver, CO

#1 Oct 16, 2013
Hey Stupid Obama, We don`t need Reform. Just enforce the laws!!!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2 Oct 16, 2013
This guy is the steamroller of destruction. What an arrogant little man.
spud

Reading, PA

#3 Oct 16, 2013
This guy never seems to run out of stupid ideas.
tayo

UK

#4 Oct 16, 2013
Best president in the history of american.tell boerner,let the vote come up in house of representative.
Mayela

Atlanta, GA

#5 Oct 16, 2013
Impeach Obama? Stupid idea

The fevered ranks of conservative House Republican backbenchers seem determined to refine idiocy into a high art form.

Connoisseurs of political pointlessness relished their futile 40 votes to repeal Obamacare even as parts of that health care reform law had gone onto the books and were, as far as repeal goes, past the point of no return.

While the firebrands haven’t given up on repeal, they’ve found a new windmill to tilt at: impeachment.

Maybe it’s the usual August craziness that afflicts politics, but in the town halls and constituent meetings of the far right, one wacky idea is beginning to gain traction: Impeach President Barack Obama.

Impeachment acolytes are hard pressed to come up with reasons to impeach Obama except that they don’t like him. He’s the wrong color, he’s half African, he has a funny name, and he exhibits an aura of detached cool that Republicans find infuriating.

To Republican eyes, Obama’s rap sheet is depressingly free of the “high crimes and misdemeanors” that the Constitution says are the grounds for impeachment. But the Constitution leaves the definition of those crimes up to Congress.

The junior Republicans know they want to impeach Obama. Several informal task forces have been trying to gin up a justification: Benghazi, the Transportation Security Administration, executive branch overreaching on health care, the Internal Revenue Service reviews of conservative political action groups, immigration and, in one of those nice turnarounds Washington excels in, continuing George W. Bush’s surveillance policies.

Rep. Blake Farenthold, R-Texas, told his constituents that the House had the votes to bring a bill of impeachment. Mathematically, that’s true; politically, not so much. The entire House Republican leadership is against the idea.

After last year’s election, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, a rising GOP star, lectured his fellow Republicans to “stop being the stupid party.”

They should have listened.
http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/burling...

They Said WHAT?!

Rick Perry Quotes

"I will tell you: It's three agencies of government, when I get there, that are gone: Commerce, Education and the -- what's the third one there? Let's see.... OK. So Commerce, Education and the --... The third agency of government I would -- I would do away with the Education, the ... Commerce and -- let's see -- I can't. The third one, I can't. Sorry. Oops." –Rick Perry, experiencing an epic onstage meltdown during a GOP debate, forgetting about his plan to cut the Department of Energy, Nov. 9, 2011
http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/2012-Elect...

"Now, when I was a baby, Momma named me after the great Civil War hero, General Nathan Bedford Forrest. She said we was related to him in some way. And what he did was, he started up this club called the Ku Klux Klan. They'd all dress up in their robes and their bedsheets and act like a bunch of ghosts or spooks or something. They'd even put bedsheets on their horses and ride around. And anyway, that's how I got my name, Forrest Gump. Momma said that the Forrest part was to remind me that sometimes we all do things that, well, just don't make no sense."'

Young Forrest: Momma says stupid is as stupid does.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Forrest_Gump
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#6 Oct 16, 2013
Mayela wrote:
The fevered ranks of conservative House Republican backbenchers seem determined to refine idiocy into a high art form.
Connoisseurs of political pointlessness relished their futile 40 votes to repeal Obamacare even as parts of that health care reform law had gone onto the books and were, as far as repeal goes, past the point of no return.
While the firebrands haven’t given up on repeal, they’ve found a new windmill to tilt at: impeachment.
Maybe it’s the usual August craziness that afflicts politics, but in the town halls and constituent meetings of the far right, one wacky idea is beginning to gain traction: Impeach President Barack Obama.
Impeachment acolytes are hard pressed to come up with reasons to impeach Obama except that they don’t like him. He’s the wrong color, he’s half African, he has a funny name, and he exhibits an aura of detached cool that Republicans find infuriating.
To Republican eyes, Obama’s rap sheet is depressingly free of the “high crimes and misdemeanors” that the Constitution says are the grounds for impeachment. But the Constitution leaves the definition of those crimes up to Congress.
The junior Republicans know they want to impeach Obama. Several informal task forces have been trying to gin up a justification: Benghazi, the Transportation Security Administration, executive branch overreaching on health care, the Internal Revenue Service reviews of conservative political action groups, immigration and, in one of those nice turnarounds Washington excels in, continuing George W. Bush’s surveillance policies.
Rep. Blake Farenthold, R-Texas, told his constituents that the House had the votes to bring a bill of impeachment. Mathematically, that’s true; politically, not so much. The entire House Republican leadership is against the idea.
After last year’s election, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, a rising GOP star, lectured his fellow Republicans to “stop being the stupid party.”
They Said WHAT?!
Rick Perry Quotes
"I will tell you: It's three agencies of government, when I get there, that are gone: Commerce, Education and the -- what's the third one there? Let's see.... OK. So Commerce, Education and the --... The third agency of government I would -- I would do away with the Education, the ... Commerce and -- let's see -- I can't. The third one, I can't. Sorry. Oops." –Rick Perry, experiencing an epic onstage meltdown during a GOP debate, forgetting about his plan to cut the Department of Energy, Nov. 9, 2011
"Now, when I was a baby, Momma named me after the great Civil War hero, General Nathan Bedford Forrest. She said we was related to him in some way. And what he did was, he started up this club called the Ku Klux Klan. They'd all dress up in their robes and their bedsheets and act like a bunch of ghosts or spooks or something. They'd even put bedsheets on their horses and ride around. And anyway, that's how I got my name, Forrest Gump. Momma said that the Forrest part was to remind me that sometimes we all do things that, well, just don't make no sense."'
Young Forrest: Momma says stupid is as stupid does.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Forrest_Gump
Impeach Obama, the worst president in US history. He can't even keep the government running.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#7 Oct 16, 2013
Mayela wrote:
They Said WHAT?!
Rick Perry Quotes
"Now, when I was a baby, Momma named me after the great Civil War hero, General Nathan Bedford Forrest. She said we was related to him in some way. And what he did was, he started up this club called the Ku Klux Klan. They'd all dress up in their robes and their bedsheets and act like a bunch of ghosts or spooks or something. The
Here's a good reason to impeach the worst president in US history, he can't even keep the government running.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#8 Oct 16, 2013
tayo wrote:
Best president in the history of american.tell boerner,let the vote come up in house of representative.
Obama is the worst president in US history behind Carter. He can't even keep the government running.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#10 Oct 16, 2013
tayo wrote:
We can all see where your values are!

IQ Test: Obama Supporters

&fe ature=related

Obama and the National Anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Obama Bows to Saudi King v2 Extra Footage

Photo of young Obama Smoking a Joint?

http://boingboing.net/2008/12/17/photo-of-you...

OBAMA'S GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS AND MORTGAGE...

Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Oct 16, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is the worst president in US history behind Carter. He can't even keep the government running.
To many he may be one of the best among American Presidents, one thing for sure is being made clear in the case of this particular President is that good Presidents could be far way more productive in administering their duties if they were given term limit Senators and congress men to work with and I believe the American people should demand such a change urgently.
Dequin

Oschersleben, Germany

#13 Oct 16, 2013
The year 2013 is a saturnine year, which corresponds
to the Republicans.Without wanting to be mean, my
impression has always been that the republicans
intentionally let Obama win, in order to have him attempt to do his work, and to limit as well as
sabotage whatever they didn´t like.
The government shutdown and debt-ceiling debate
quite obviously also had teaparty-members aiming at supressing the immigration-reform. There´s one big problem with this attitude though: It´ll only make Obama more fervent about his goals for the presidency.
I´d send those splendid isolationists to Alaska,
provide them with some tea and tell them to have a nice tea-party, and that if they didn´t like the U.S. they could still root for Alaskan independency
and call it "New Tealand"!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#14 Oct 16, 2013
Maybe this would be a good reason to keep the govt shut down.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#15 Oct 16, 2013
One thing for sure, Obama has not united this country which is the #1 thing a good president must do. I've been called a lot of names for criticizing Obama and I was called a lot of names for criticizing Bush but I can tell you that those who tried to insult me for criticizing Bush were not near as nasty, vicious and down right childish as Obama supporters.
Armando

Tampa, FL

#16 Oct 16, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
One thing for sure, Obama has not united this country which is the #1 thing a good president must do. I've been called a lot of names for criticizing Obama and I was called a lot of names for criticizing Bush but I can tell you that those who tried to insult me for criticizing Bush were not near as nasty, vicious and down right childish as Obama supporters.
Ooooh what a famous you are !
NoJuan

Garland, TX

#17 Oct 16, 2013
Every single American citizen needs to look up Aztlan Rising, particularly this video:

Our country is under siege. It is planned. Money leaving this country is the second biggest contributor to the Mexican economy.

Take a look at the full list of wanted murderers by the FBI (not just the top ten). Take a look at Texas DPS most wanted, or any city in Texas open warrants. The numbers are staggering, and the expense will bankrupt this country which is what they have planned.
spud

Reading, PA

#18 Oct 16, 2013
Of course he's going to push for amnesty. At this point you wouldn't expect him to do something that is good for the country, would you?
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#19 Oct 16, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is the worst president in US history behind Carter. He can't even keep the government running.
Good news. The shut down is over and you can get treatment at the VA for your head injury.

Make sure to tell the doctor about your delusions.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#20 Oct 17, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
This guy is the steamroller of destruction. What an arrogant little man.
Obama-nation = abomination, kind of ironic that they are so similar in pronunciation.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Oct 17, 2013
of course he needs the 20-30 million amnestied illegals to prop up the commie voting base for the 2014 mid terms. this country will look like 60's-70's el salvadore by next summer if he isn't stopped.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#22 Oct 17, 2013
OneRepublic wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama-nation = abomination, kind of ironic that they are so similar in pronunciation.
Indeed! Now, the taxpayer will be in for an even bumpier ride. Disgusting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Scrutiny 178,115
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 24 min fubar 22,615
Castro: Hispanics key to US housing sector future 36 min Wayne Dawson 1
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 36 min Fa-Foxy 139
Obama thanks Congress for vote to aid Syrian re... 56 min Get Independence Now 99
Ukraine Says Russia Has Invaded 1 hr england_russia 220
McConnell hits back against Grimes' skeet shoot... 1 hr Zeppelin 1
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Brian_G 263,009
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Petal Power 1,110,247
•••

Barack Obama People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••