Pentagon to release 'abuse images'

Pentagon to release 'abuse images'

There are 4 comments on the english.aljazeera.net story from Apr 24, 2009, titled Pentagon to release 'abuse images'. In it, english.aljazeera.net reports that:

The Pentagon has said it will release hundreds of photographs showing alleged abuse by US personnel of "war on terror" detainees, officials have said.

The US department of defence is to release the images, some of which were taken in Iraq and Afghanistan, by May 28 in response to legal action filed by a US civil rights group.

The photographs come from more than 60 criminal investigations between 2001-2006 and are of military personnel suspected of abusing detainees, officials said on Friday.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has spent years pursuing the government in the courts to obtain the pictures.

"These photographs provide visual proof that prisoner abuse by US personnel was not aberrational but widespread," said Amrit Singh, an ACLU lawyer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at english.aljazeera.net.

“Peace, Justice, Honesty, Adab”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Apr 24, 2009
How is torture and abuse justified to defend freedom? The answer is it is not - ever.

It will be interesting to see how this story develops. Sooner or later this will need to be brought out into the open for the world to judge so progress can be made in the cause of peace.

“Google Operation Northwoods”

Since: Aug 10

** 9-11 was an inside job **

#2 Apr 1, 2013
Here's some more on that Abu...
https://www.google.com/search... +'abuse+images&hl=en&s afe=off&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS46 9US469&biw=1454&bih=70 4&source=lnms&sa=X &ei=tAVaUY67N4XL0AGAq4GAAw &ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA
https://www.google.com/search... +'abuse+images&hl=en&s afe=off&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS46 9US469&biw=1454&bih=70 4&source=lnms&tbm=isch &sa=X&ei=0gVaUbSiGaa50 gH744DIBw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ

“Google Operation Northwoods”

Since: Aug 10

** 9-11 was an inside job **

#3 Apr 1, 2013
Benj Ben Judged

Carmel, ME

#4 Apr 1, 2013
Youbelonginpicturesalongwithyo urhorsepuckeynonsence!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min The Donald_ 1,404,886
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 15 min freebird 391,371
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Chicagoan by Birth 219,549
News Obama chooses historic Jackson Park in Chicago ... 40 min bozo 1
News Lillly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act Passed in the Senate (Jan '09) 1 hr Traffickers 10
News Kelly Clarkson Defends First Lady Michelle Obam... 1 hr pure water 2
News How Democratic VP Candidate Tim Kaine Evolved o... 1 hr He Named Me Black... 3
More from around the web