In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51437 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

wolverine

Greeley, CO

#40004 Oct 8, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You have very interesting views and quite a way with words! Planned Parenthood sounds like common sense to me.
Oh, I Agree To A Point. Yet, Its Our Tax Dollars Going To Support Abortions Of Women To Stupid To Use The Pill.

Its Was Originally Started To Wipe Out The Black Population, And They Still Run To It Like Mindless Moths To A Bright Light.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#40005 Oct 8, 2012
Every year that goes by I see more and mroe chucrhes closing there doors and drive by chucrh parking lots on sunday and see them half full at best....Religion is dying....AND THAT IS GOOD FOR THE WHOLE WORLD.. Religion has cause more wars and more pain and suffering then anything else.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#40007 Oct 8, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
and i'm saying that you are a racist retard
One Of The Few Things We Can Agree On.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#40008 Oct 8, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
True
The stutterer in Chief? Are you kidding me?
Obama-Benghazi-Impeach
Remember Chris Stevens RIP
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#40009 Oct 8, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I beg to differ. It is not President Obama who wishes to make this a third world country, but those who think only their religious beliefs should run the country who are trying to do so. Those beliefs exclude higher education as a goal to be admired. They would rather have a Bible rule than good sense.
Please get your facts straight before looking so foolish.
Your Very Opinionated, And Indoctrinated, For A Supposed Free Thinking, Open Minded American Indian.

As We Type Today, Obamas Policies Have Reached The Payback Level For Each American Household, At 176,000 Dollars. Our Kids And Grandkids Are Being Raped By This Mans Obsession With Spending.

The Fed Has Annouced QE3, 40 Billion A Month, Indefinatly.
The Dollar Is Being Manipulated To Crash, Under This Socialist Admininstation.

Tell Me, Where Is Religion Making Any Of These Decisions ?
They Are Busy Trying To Figure Out How To Not Fund Abortions Under Obamacare.

In Reality, You Should Get Your Facts Straight, Before Looking So Foolish.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#40010 Oct 8, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Eliminating the tax on interest, dividends and capital gains.
Eliminate Taxes On Savings & Investment.
For me, it's the big picture.

The social issues.

The catastrophe from Republican Supreme Court appointments.

Our children, living In a backward society.

Individual liberties down the tube.

Religion given more power.

Women's rights assaulted.

Makes me want to puke.

Think I'll head for the gym.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#40011 Oct 8, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if you were an e-2 and the biggest weapon you had in Ethiopia was an M-14 you weren't really part of the national defense.
This Is Just Plain Stupid. Hills Contributions Were Every Bit As Essencial As Your Supposed Sitting On A Floating Country Club.
In Fact, I Value His Services Far More Then Yours. He Actually Saw Battle, You Only Read About It.

I Had Considered Using My Religious Objections To Killing, To Stay Out Of The Service. I Chose Otherwise, My Commitment was To Defend Freedom And This Country. Our Leaders Make The Decisions As To Where And Why, And Trust Me I Did/Do Not Agree With Most Of Them.

1st Marine Expeditionary Force

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#40012 Oct 8, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, it's the big picture.
The social issues.
The catastrophe from Republican Supreme Court appointments.
Our children, living In a backward society.
Individual liberties down the tube.
Religion given more power.
Women's rights assaulted.
Makes me want to puke.
Think I'll head for the gym.
Agreed.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#40013 Oct 8, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>The stutterer in Chief? Are you kidding me?
Obama-Benghazi-Impeach
Remember Chris Stevens RIP
I Agree, And When The Truth Comes Out, About How Stevens Was Ordered To Retrive The Weapons Obama Gave To The Terrorists, He SHOULD Be Impeached.

Urcle And Chief
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#40014 Oct 8, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, it's the big picture.
The social issues.
The catastrophe from Republican Supreme Court appointments.
Our children, living In a backward society.
Individual liberties down the tube.
Religion given more power.
Women's rights assaulted.
Makes me want to puke.
Think I'll head for the gym.
You Amaze Me...You Come From The Most Liberal State in The Union, That By The Way Is Bankrupt And Full Of Illegals, Yet You Slam Any Attempts TO Counter This Stupid Behavior, And Call It Religious ?

Women Rights ?.....Assaulted ?....What A Maroon

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#40015 Oct 8, 2012
wolverine wrote:
As We Type Today, Obamas Policies Have Reached The Payback Level For Each American Household, At 176,000 Dollars. Our Kids And Grandkids Are Being Raped
You loathsome piece of Crap, You think being raped is something you can joke about?

What a shame it is you can't personally experience rape, pray our paths don't cross thugh the best I can offer is a thorough assault.

P*.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#40016 Oct 8, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
You Amaze Me.
You loathsome piece of garbage.

You think rape can be joked about?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#40017 Oct 8, 2012
RHill wrote:
Just pushing the right buttons at the right time. No different from you (if indeed you were on subs), no different from the AF guys manning a missile silo ... get over yourself.
We didn't push buttons and we weren't on shore duty.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#40018 Oct 8, 2012
NoObamaSockPuppet wrote:
<quoted text>
barefoot2626 sounds
And you sound like a wiener who is so full of crap and so proud of his opinion he has to change his alias every three days.

Thanks for sharing!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#40019 Oct 8, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http:
A website but no specifics.

Funny how that is.

As draft dodger Romney his plan and he says, yes he has a plan, and as him for specifics, and he says his specifics are: he has a plan.

He wants to increase the deficit by five trillion dollars by more tax cuts but he will offset the increase in debt by slashing loopholes.

Though even if he slashed the 188 loopholes identified by Simpson Bowles... there isn't five trillion there.

It is the Bush plan that got us in this mess and Romney is going double down on the Bush plan.

Simple: name one tax loop hole, Mittens.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#40020 Oct 8, 2012
wolverine wrote:
He SHOULD Be Impeached.
You should be raped.

I wish it on someone you loved- but that would not be fair.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#40021 Oct 8, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I Agree To A Point. Yet, Its Our Tax Dollars Going To Support Abortions Of Women To Stupid To Use The Pill..
The pill doesn't always work.

Ask your mommy.

And tea bag whiners scream about abortion but then they scream louder about paying for prenatal care.

I guess they only have enough love for zygotes, the love gets worn down by time the fetus reaches the third trimester.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#40022 Oct 8, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
This Is Just Plain Stupid. Hills Contributions Were Every Bit As Essenciale
Crawl back under your rock were you are safe.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#40023 Oct 8, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
A website but no specifics.
Funny how that is.
As draft dodger Romney his plan and he says, yes he has a plan, and as him for specifics, and he says his specifics are: he has a plan.
He wants to increase the deficit by five trillion dollars by more tax cuts but he will offset the increase in debt by slashing loopholes.
Though even if he slashed the 188 loopholes identified by Simpson Bowles... there isn't five trillion there.
It is the Bush plan that got us in this mess and Romney is going double down on the Bush plan.
Simple: name one tax loop hole, Mittens.
That is the problem, from my perspective - can anybody give any specifics. Let's say a 30 year old man from any demographic group opens up a business, what credits will apply to the guy, and what must he achive for this to happen?

And then, on a large scale, how will this affect taxation and the national budget. I am all for lowering tax rates and/or credits - Hell knows, I can do with a tax break. But if we lower tax rates, our budget decreases... How is that revenue replaced? Will it be replaced? If not, where are we going to cut? Or are we simply robbing Peter to pay Paul?

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#40024 Oct 8, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
Every year that goes by I see more and mroe chucrhes closing there doors and drive by chucrh parking lots on sunday and see them half full at best....Religion is dying....AND THAT IS GOOD FOR THE WHOLE WORLD.. Religion has cause more wars and more pain and suffering then anything else.
And we have your atheistic crimes, hopeless misdirected lives of the youth, total lack of fiscal policies and finances, destroyed financial systems worldwide, to show for it.

Our world is in the worst shape its ever been in because of your religion of atheism. Your religion of atheism is once again driving us back into the dark ages.

Your atheism might be growing but that is just an easy directional to show us where the national mayhem is stemming from.......YOU AND YOUR DESTRUCTIVE cowardly ATHEISM.

Now tell us again which war you plan on starting next, you worthless pathetic coward?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Woj 216,493
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Incognito4Ever 1,394,572
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min -Dont Panic- 387,830
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Into The Night 60,022
News Clinton hits Trump in 1st Spanish-language ad 19 min WasteWater 27
News Asians, many out of shame, not seeking U.S. dep... 1 hr Synque 25
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 1 hr Tm clm 5,990
More from around the web