Rising star Rubio stirs talk of presidential run

Feb 10, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WDBO-AM Orlando

A struggling Republican party is hanging ever more hope for its revitalization on Sen.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Feb 12, 2013

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

He really should pay off his $100,000 (wag) in Student Loans first!

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Last summer, as Congress debated whether the government should continue offering very low interest rates for some student loans, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) claimed to be one of the few senators who was dealing with the problem firsthand.

That was indeed the case. Rubio's financial disclosures for 2010 and 2011 show he had between $100,000 and $250,000 in student loan debt, which he attributed to covering the cost of law school. At the time, there was only one other senator with student loan debt -- Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) said he owed between $10,000 and $15,000.

Rubio, however, is dropping from the list -- in December, he announced he had paid off the debt, thanks to sales of his book. But, he said, the issue remains important.

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2013/02/membe...
Whatever

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Cricket 23 wrote:
He really should pay off his $100,000 (wag) in Student Loans first!
Most interesting TY!
spud

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Wow, the Republicans think this phony token will have credibility. His plan is no different than GWB's which has very little difference from the Democrats. These scam plans will only benefit the rich exploiters and the lawbreakers themselves. The middle class will again be the ones that are handed the bill.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

spud wrote:
Wow, the Republicans think this phony token will have credibility. His plan is no different than GWB's which has very little difference from the Democrats. These scam plans will only benefit the rich exploiters and the lawbreakers themselves. The middle class will again be the ones that are handed the bill.
This just shows that both the Democratic Party and the Republicans are exactly the same. The difference is who they pander to.

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

His poll #'s are taanking and his fb page is running about 90% against his amnesty plan, Plus, this was released on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I'm sure FOX news will shove him down our throats however like they did with Romney.
Yaawn

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Another Billdeberg Group sell out.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

I see rubio as just a hispanic version of obama.

all talk, and speeches.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

His star is tarnished.
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Another RINO/NEO CON. So tired of voting for these people. Unless the progressives implode, what is the point anymore? Their stupidity may have cost an election and more then that our taxes have gone up why we get the same stories about winning some mundane crumb while losing ten of them. And of course the Repub side of the media will spout it as a victory and make fun of the other side and laugh. You just can't make this up folks. But Ron Paul is the one we will insult. he is the one outta touch and over the edge. how long waiting for real conservative thoughts now. Decades! I don't trust you anymore Repub party. You treat your voters like Bill Clinton treated Hillary.
hitem

Rustburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Are the illegals behind him
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

There were questions when he ran for office in Florida. I don't blame him for having thoughts and emotions on the issue. But he did basically fence walk and say the right things like the scene in "The Best little Whorehouse in Texas" where Charles Durning playing the governor is dancing on the second floor. Of course he is another progressive target that will not be electable now like Romney, like McCain, like Dole and Bush the second was lucky.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••