BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
123,941 - 123,960 of 177,245 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, I must say, the US dollar is doing quite well against most currencies.
No better against the Euro and GBP than it has been the past two or three years.
Learn to Read

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>BS! Then why do they have the same reason for doing so? Pure BS! By the way, Barnes and Noble is laying off quite a few. The common thread seems to be Obumblercare! Imagine that?
Right. B&N's tying up cash in real estate as the model moved to Internet distribution couldn't be the reason. Nor could it be the Kindle kicking the Nook for more than a year. It must be Obama's fault!

And yet the Tpublicans and FauxCons love to parrot their hero Puff Windbaugh and his "personal responsibility for success or failure" bloviations.
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

You're a raging moron if you think "an" is an adjective.

It's an article, trust me.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
BS! Then why do they have the same reason for doing so? Pure BS! By the way, Barnes and Noble is laying off quite a few. The common thread seems to be Obumblercare! Imagine that?
Many shoppers buy more and more online, and they use Best Buy, Sears and others simply as "store windows" to see and "touch" products, then turn around and buy the item(s) they prefer online.(Wall Street Journal, last week I believe). This accounts a great deal for so many store closings, the first to be abandoned being the old Sears and Kmarts of this world. Even Walmart and Costco will, I believe,(hope I'm wrong) be closing stores in the future, as even their online business accounts for an increasing part of their sales.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Oh well, Obama missed his deadline for submitted a budget to Congress. So what else is knew?
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I wonder how many other presidents have gotten letters like this?
http://www.utahsheriffs.org/USA-Home_files/2n...
I find the letter to be quite well-written, polite and civil, with due respect given the president.

I also find the letter stupid and ignorant.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
No better against the Euro and GBP than it has been the past two or three years.
From memory, it took about $1.40 to buy a Euro 4 years ago. It now takes just $1.34. Definite improvement, no? Against the Cdn $, pretty much at par the last 3 years, has not budged much.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Sue the bastards. Was it not Standard and Poor that rated the mortgage market solid as a rock jjust before it fell totally apart? That firm is more poor than standard.
And I am sure you can back that up? Or is it just another of your opinions?
Now, knowing Jacques, he will demand all my links for the past two years.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Grand Birther wrote:
You're a raging moron if you think "an" is an adjective.
It's an article, trust me.
There is confusion here.

I said it was an adjective. Oxford says so. Oxford rules for English as L'Académie française rules for French, Cervantez for Spanish and Dante for Italian.

LRS, in all fairness, said it was more like an article. He's right if you rely on Webster, which is okay, it's American and colloquial. But okay.

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Trump Files $5 Million Lawsuit Against Maher Over Birth Certificate Challenge
&fe ature=em-uploademail
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
There is confusion here.
I said it was an adjective. Oxford says so. Oxford rules for English as L'Académie française rules for French, Cervantez for Spanish and Dante for Italian.
LRS, in all fairness, said it was more like an article. He's right if you rely on Webster, which is okay, it's American and colloquial. But okay.
The way I read the convo it seemed exactly the opposite.

An in an indirect article 100% of the time in English. It's used with words that begin with a vowel as opposed to "a."

I'll take a look at the OED, but first I must nap.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

One of the joys of flying low flying aircraft is that you can really see what is happening on the ground. You get to watch the farmers from planting time until harvest. Even while driving long-haul trucks I enjoyed driving the back highways for the very same reason.
Never cuss a farmer or rancher with your mouth full.

God made a Farmer
http://www.youtube.com/RAM...
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am sure you can back that up? Or is it just another of your opinions?
Now, knowing Jacques, he will demand all my links for the past two years.
I don't bother asking for your links any more. You state someting outrageous and run away. Where's, for example that one that says 90% of gun killing are done by criminals. That the dems commit more fraud than Repubs at election time?(they steal more signs? ha ha). It was a flat-out fabrication, you know it, yet you incredibly asked me to disprove it. Well, then why don't you disprove what I said about Standard and Poor? God, the rich guys must love you and your ilk, you fight for them, defend them, and at NO COST WHAT IS SO EVER. YOU'RE FREE, GLORY BE. You're like their assets in the Bahamas and Caymans.

I could do like you. But no, and in this case, everyone knew S&P and other credit raters handed AAA status to secndary mortgages,in cahoots with the brokers. How come you don't know that? Anyhow, check it out, hope the link works, I'm not having any luck these days. If it doesn't work, just google "Standard and Poor AAA ratings of the mortgage market just ahead of the bubble bursting".
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Sorry, lol, forgot the link

www.milkeninstitute.org/pdf/Riseandfallexcerp...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I wonder how many other presidents have gotten letters like this?
http://www.utahsheriffs.org/USA-Home_files/2n ...
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I find the letter to be quite well-written, polite and civil, with due respect given the president.
I also find the letter stupid and ignorant.
Dodging a question again! I bet no president before Obama has received this sort of letter from any politician group.
Oh, here in the U.S., sheriffs are ELECTED!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

~~~~~ALERT~~~~~~~~~~
THIS PAGE IS INFECTED WITH MALWARE!!!!!

cm.netseer.com is the culprit!

My PC is warning ME!
==========

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for netseer.com

What is the current listing status for netseer.com ?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 16 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 5 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-02-04, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-02-04.
This site was hosted on 6 network(s) including AS14618 (AMAZON), AS31988 (ARISTEIA), AS16509 (AMAZON).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, netseer.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebr...
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Excerpt from Wikepedia,Rogue. It's just now you're aware of rating agencies like S&P cooking the books & issuing AAA ratings? Really? And they had the nerve to punish the US by lowering its credit rating,maybe to get even with the govt and show that it & of course Obama were at fault? Keep fighting for the Romneys & Trumps of this world,they love you but don't expect any tips. READ :

Impact on the crisis

Credit rating agencies are under scrutiny for giving investment-grade, "money safe" ratings to securitization transactions (CDOs and MBSs) based on subprime mortgage loans. These high ratings encouraged a flow of global investor funds into these securities, funding the housing bubble in the U.S.[2]

An estimated $3.2 trillion in loans were made to homeowners with bad credit and undocumented incomes (e.g., subprime or Alt-A mortgages) between 2002 and 2007. These mortgages could be bundled into MBS and CDO securities that received high ratings and therefore could be sold to global investors. Higher ratings were believed justified by various credit enhancements including over-collateralization (i.e., pledging collateral in excess of debt issued), credit default insurance, and equity investors willing to bear the first losses. Economist Joseph Stiglitz stated: "I view the rating agencies as one of the key culprits...They were the party that performed the alchemy that converted the securities from F-rated to A-rated. The banks could not have done what they did without the complicity of the rating agencies." Without the AAA ratings , demand for these securities would have been considerably less. Bank writedowns and losses on these investments totaled $523 billion as of September 2008.[3][4]

[edit] Competitive pressure to lower rating standards

The ratings of these securities was a lucrative business for the rating agencies, accounting for just under half of Moody's total ratings revenue in 2007. Through 2007, ratings companies enjoyed record revenue, profits and share prices. The rating companies earned as much as three times more for grading these complex products than corporate bonds, their traditional business. Rating agencies also competed with each other to rate particular MBS and CDO securities issued by investment banks, which critics argued contributed to lower rating standards. Interviews with rating agency senior managers indicate the competitive pressure to rate the CDO's favorably was strong within the firms. This rating business was their "golden goose" (which laid the proverbial golden egg or wealth) in the words of one manager.[5]

Author Upton Sinclair (1878–1968) famously stated: "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his job depends on not understanding it."[6] This competitive pressure and the resulting profits gave a personal financial incentive to management to lower standards.

Internal rating agency emails from before the time the credit markets deteriorated, discovered and released publicly by U.S. congressional investigators, suggest that some rating agency employees suspected at the time that lax standards for rating structured credit products would produce negative results.[7] For example, one email between colleagues at Standard & Poor's states "Rating agencies continue to create and [sic] even bigger monster--the CDO market. Let's hope we are all wealthy and retired by the time this house of cards falters."[8]

(edit] Conflicts of interest
Critics claim that conflicts of interest were involved, as rating agencies are paid by the firms that organize and sell the debt to investors, such as investment banks.[9] John C. Bogle wrote in 2005 that there is an inherent conflict of interest when a professional firm is also publicly traded, as the pressure to grow and increase profits is relatively stronger, which may detract from the quality of work performed.[10] Moody's became a public firm in 2001, while Standard & Poor's is part of the publicly traded McGraw-Hill Companies

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
Well, many pages and I could not find your point about S&P. Could you tell me which page please.
Next, I always get suspicious when ANY organization labels itself as nonpartisan, which Milken is. Since my annetta went up over the nonpartisan label I did some research like who funds them. Who are the people who run it and what I found out is that they are LEFT of center. But then, you would not reference anything for the right to back your opinions.
Soooo, show us where S&P screwed up!!!
skopr

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

youtube.com/watch...
Geez! mistake has been made

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
Excerpt from Wikepedia,Rogue. It's just now you're aware of rating agencies like S&P cooking the books & issuing AAA ratings? Really? And they had the nerve to punish the US by lowering its credit rating,maybe to get even with the govt and show that it & of course Obama were at fault? Keep fighting for the Romneys & Trumps of this world,they love you but don't expect any tips. READ :
Impact on the crisis
Internal rating agency emails from before the time the credit markets deteriorated, discovered and released publicly by U.S. congressional investigators, suggest that some rating agency employees suspected at the time that lax standards for rating structured credit products would produce negative results.[7] For example, one email between colleagues at Standard & Poor's states "Rating agencies continue to create and [sic] even bigger monster--the CDO market. Let's hope we are all wealthy and retired by the time this house of cards falters."[8]
(edit] Conflicts of interest
Critics claim that conflicts of interest were involved, as rating agencies are paid by the firms that organize and sell the debt to investors, such as investment banks.[9] John C. Bogle wrote in 2005 that there is an inherent conflict of interest when a professional firm is also publicly traded, as the pressure to grow and increase profits is relatively stronger, which may detract from the quality of work performed.[10] Moody's became a public firm in 2001, while Standard & Poor's is part of the publicly traded McGraw-Hill Companies
I don't see your point. You blamed S&P for not properly grading financial institutions yet you show no proof. And you did not mention Moody's either.
But even if they did miss something ten , does not mean they are incorrect today.
Besides S&P, has anyone else down graded the U.S.'s credit rating?
How about Egan-Jones? How about the Fitch Group? Are they just as evil as S&P is? Are they just a WRONG as you think S&P is?!?
And the ONLY reason why you pointed out S&P is because ..... OBAMA did!!!

Wiki;From the Obama administration
Almost immediately after S&P announced the downgrade, first reported after 8 p.m.[17] on a Friday night, Obama administration officials began to publicly criticize S&P's decision

Jacques, you are little more than an Obama parrot!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••