Colin Powell to Romney on Foreign Pol...

Colin Powell to Romney on Foreign Policy: 'Come on, Mitt, Think'

There are 72 comments on the www.theatlantic.com story from May 23, 2012, titled Colin Powell to Romney on Foreign Policy: 'Come on, Mitt, Think'. In it, www.theatlantic.com reports that:

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell had some tough words for Mitt Romney's foreign-policy positions on Wednesday, saying that calling Russia the U.S.'s the No.1 enemy.

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell had some tough words for Mitt Romney's foreign-policy positions on Wednesday, saying that calling Russia the U.S.'s the No. 1 geopolitical foe was wrong.

"Come on, Mitt, think," he said on MSNBC's Morning Joe. "That isn't the case." He continued saying that the foreign affairs community has been taken aback by some of the presumptive Republican nominee's positions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.theatlantic.com.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#42 May 24, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
But you can count on the Fox Freaks to LIE about it.
SURVEY: NPR’S LISTENERS BEST-INFORMED, FOX VIEWERS WORST-INFORMED
People who watch no news at all can answer more questions about international current events than people who watch cable news, a survey by Fairleigh Dickinson University’s PublicMind finds.
NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows are the most informative news outlets, while exposure to partisan sources, such as Fox News and MSNBC, has a negative impact on people’s current events knowledge.
People who watch MSNBC and CNN exclusively can answer more questions about domestic events than people who watch no news at all.
PEOPLE WHO ONLY WATCH FOX DID MUCH WORSE. NPR listeners answered more questions correctly than people in any other category....
The report explains:
The largest effect is that of Fox News: all else being equal, someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer just 1.04 domestic questions correctly — a figure which is significantly worse than if they had reported watching no media at all. On the other hand, if they listened only to NPR, they would be expected to answer 1.51 questions correctly; viewers of Sunday morning talk shows fare similarly well. And people watching only The Daily Show with Jon Stewart could answer about 1.42 questions correctly.
http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/...
The technical name for FOXLIES watchers is "willfully ignorant." Enough said.

Roy, have you read "STALLION GATE?" You might enjoy it. I did.

http://www.amazon.com/Stallion-Gate-Martin-Cr...

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#43 May 24, 2012
Mitt's foreign policy.
War with Russia, Iran and North Korea, and re invade Iraq.
Probably wants war with France and Greece also.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#44 May 24, 2012
RMoney is a stiff, shifty empty suit who seems to be uninformed and backward thinking.

He knows "nutthhhing" about foreign policy.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#45 May 24, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
Powell wouldn't buy Hannit's BULLSH!T.
During an interview with Powell on his Fox News show, Hannity said that he finds Obama to be "one of the most divisive figures in -- that I've witnessed in politics today."
Powell responded: "[T]hat's a term that's being used rather freely. I don't think he's that divisive an issue." Powell then asked, "What could have been more divisive than, when President Obama was inaugurated, for a number of Republicans, friends of mine, and a number of commentators to say,'We're going to destroy him. We're going to destroy him'?"
Hannity replied: "I was one of his harshest critics.
I wasn't out to destroy him." Hannity also asserted: "Well, I was critical about Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright." Powell responded: "I don't know Bill Ayers from the man in the moon. Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright are just passing things through [Obama's] life." Hannity then said that Obama spent "20 years" in Wright's church, to which Powell responded: "Well, so?"
Hannity then pressed Powell on Ayers once more, asking, "An unrepentant terrorist giving speeches, starting your political career in his house. That didn't impress you at all?"
Powell again pointed out that Ayers is and has been a non-issue, saying: "At the time,[Obama] was a guy who was living in Chicago and happened to have a friend by the name of Bill Ayers. But I don't see Bill Ayers as having that kind of longstanding terrorist influence on the president. I mean, it's ancient history now. Why are we fooling with this?"
Powell later said that despite people trying "to make" Wright "the defining issue of the 2008 campaign" and "all the attacks" on Obama over Wright, "the American people took it in stride and they elected [Obama] president."
http://mediamatters.org/blog/201205230002
Glad to see that Mr. Powell spoke up about some of this Wright/Ayres nonsense. If more interviewers were better informed and corrected some of the spin, we (and they) would have to tell the truth.

Poor Hannity, he is an awful man.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#46 May 24, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see that Mr. Powell spoke up about some of this Wright/Ayres nonsense. If more interviewers were better informed and corrected some of the spin, we (and they) would have to tell the truth.
Poor Hannity, he is an awful man.
Hannity draws a paycheck ffrom Rupert Murdoch.
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#47 May 24, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
He knows "nutthhhing" about foreign policy.
And the community organizer did???

“Lying for the Lord”

Since: May 12

Heartland USA

#48 May 24, 2012
Romney: “You know, the number of ships in the U.S. Navy is smaller than any time since 1917.”

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#49 May 24, 2012
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
And the community organizer did???
Differences between Obama and Romney include:
.Obama is intelligent.
.Obama is worldly.
.Obama cares about humanitarian issues other than money.
alan

Livonia, LA

#50 May 24, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
General Powell, like Admiral Dewey, is superior at following orders. Hisrise would only illustrate the Peter Principle.
But, Powell let the GW Bushites make a simpering fool of him by putting lies in his mouth at the UN claiming Iraq had nuclear and mass destruction capabilities.
One fooled and jerked about by the former Marxist lying-neo-conservatives is too guiless to be president.
you seem to forget you obama suck ass that bush had approval from the senate to attack iraq unlike obama on lybia!dems.and other countries got the same info on iraq and wmd that bush heard?they were all on board including both clintons,kerry,kennedy and other main dems!bush went through proper channels unlike obama in lybia which now has the muslim brotherhood as leaders!where are the 20000 plus missing destructive surface to air missels from lybia?you dont know and neither does obama but the msm wont report on that and liberal idiots like you act like these weapons arent out there!youre like eric holder on fast and furious!what a pathetic two faced ahole you are!!
Redman

Choctaw, OK

#51 May 24, 2012
anneutral wrote:
powell is a smart dude, no wonder he hasn't run for president.
Yeah Powell don't have the guts for it....it is a tough job and most rather be the monday morning QB....Go for it Powell let's see what you are really made of????

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#52 May 26, 2012
alan wrote:
<quoted text>you seem to forget you obama suck ass that bush had approval from the senate to attack iraq unlike obama on lybia!dems.and other countries got the same info on iraq and wmd that bush heard?they were all on board including both clintons,kerry,kennedy and other main dems!bush went through proper channels unlike obama in lybia which now has the muslim brotherhood as leaders!where are the 20000 plus missing destructive surface to air missels from lybia?you dont know and neither does obama but the msm wont report on that and liberal idiots like you act like these weapons arent out there!youre like eric holder on fast and furious!what a pathetic two faced ahole you are!!
NO.

The Senate passed a resolution to show Saddam Hussain that he could not succeed by trying to exploit political differences in the USA; to show Hussaain that the US was united in our mandate that he allow inspections.

Cheney (Bush) misused this "bargaining chip" by launching a surprise attack, an undeclaired war, no different than Pearl Harbor; without sanction.

This is adventurism, and a misuse of our system. Once US Troops were engaged, the country had to 'go along' with Cheney's war plans.
And, the root of those plans was to raid the US Treasury, which the lying-neo-conservatives did do.

You lie and distort. You must bea Lying-neo-conservative.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#53 Jun 29, 2012
"I'm going to fight Romneycare, and get the nomination" Herman Cain-the rapist
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#54 Jun 29, 2012
swedenforever wrote:
"I'm going to fight Romneycare, and get the nomination" Herman Cain-the rapist
Republicunts were hoping Cain would be president, at least he was caught doing women and not hanging out in public restrooms in FL being somebody's bitch (Dan Foley) or haning out in a MSP restroom with a "wide stance" (Larry Craig). Then again if their wives looked like 40, 41 or 43, I suppose it would be easy to confuse them with members of the same sex

Location hidden

#55 Jul 2, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Republicunts were hoping Cain would be president, at least he was caught doing women and not hanging out in public restrooms in FL being somebody's bitch (Dan Foley) or haning out in a MSP restroom with a "wide stance" (Larry Craig). Then again if their wives looked like 40, 41 or 43, I suppose it would be easy to confuse them with members of the same sex
lol! greetings Laughing Bear-Hermain Cain needed 5 more women to catch Tiger Woods

Location hidden

#56 Jul 8, 2012
Romenee 2012-the poor are lazy, and envious of the rich!

The poor need to 'self deport'
blaster

Rustburg, VA

#57 Jul 8, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hannity draws a paycheck ffrom Rupert Murdoch.
Which explains why he can never tell the truth about the fact both partys work for the elite

Location hidden

#58 Jul 12, 2012
Mitt Romenyia 2012-who cares about hispanics,blacks, and feminists!

I like firing people

Illegals immigrants should 'self deport'

The public sector workers contracts don't matter

Location hidden

#59 Jul 30, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Mitt Romney should consult Sarah Palin on foreign policy.
lol!-

tell us how Letterman/Couric were making fun of retards

Location hidden

#60 Aug 7, 2012
Where's Ron Paul who said we never should have went in, now you believe him?

Location hidden

#61 Aug 7, 2012
found any wmd's?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study finds 20M would lose health coverage unde... 1 min Patriot 57
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 min valerie 395,302
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min VN Vet 61,476
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Leeward Outlier 225,504
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min USAsince1680 1,431,700
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 23 min Huey Goins 23,520
News More 1 hr SirPrize 5
More from around the web