Why is There a Military Build-up in P...

Why is There a Military Build-up in Phnom Penh?

There are 60 comments on the CFR.org story from Aug 19, 2013, titled Why is There a Military Build-up in Phnom Penh?. In it, CFR.org reports that:

U.S. President Barack Obama toasts with Cambodia's Prime Minister Hun Sen as they participate in an East Asia Summit dinner in Phnom Penh on November 19, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CFR.org.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
kiang

Padstow, Australia

#1 Aug 19, 2013
China strategic expansion south
US pivot to asian
cambodia work as a proxy war
cambodia will be another battle ground
Angkor

Seattle, WA

#2 Aug 20, 2013
kiang wrote:
China strategic expansion south
US pivot to asian
cambodia work as a proxy war
cambodia will be another battle ground
==
=
That are all your wish.
.
Let me tell you, all your wishes are all wrong.
As long as Sam Rainsy and Khmers in the West are watching, China can't do anything to this country.
.
Khmers have just piled up the complaints to UN and the world about everything China is doing evil things in Cambodia.
.

China should be ashamed.
kiang

Brisbane, Australia

#3 Aug 20, 2013
not a wishes but reality china want to expasion to south do you ever heard pearl string they try to use vietnam too but they have problem with vn abt the east sea (scs) so they might use laos and Cambodia instead... and US will use Philippines and sigapore
OZ indo to stop this pearl string
another pearl string via Burma but US INDIA and Japan already dismantle that pearl string...
i am a bit worries that Cambodia become another battle fields...
Angkor

Seattle, WA

#4 Aug 25, 2013
kiang wrote:
not a wishes but reality china want to expasion to south do you ever heard pearl string they try to use vietnam too but they have problem with vn abt the east sea (scs) so they might use laos and Cambodia instead... and US will use Philippines and sigapore
OZ indo to stop this pearl string
another pearl string via Burma but US INDIA and Japan already dismantle that pearl string...
i am a bit worries that Cambodia become another battle fields...
===
=
What? Do you think China will shoot US in Cambodia?
Forget it, China can only shoot the innocent Khmers who have no guns. Don't mess up the US with your death missiles. They are not working. Even you shoot, US drones will kill all of them in the space, but you will get lots back with real ones, that is guaranteed.
.
Using guns to do war is old time back during China created Amo powder. Today war, no need guns, we only need a few good International lawyers,Khmers can kick China back to their communist country.
cilantro

United States

#6 Aug 25, 2013
Last chance for SPONGEBOB,,,,,,,I think SpongeBob should go to Cambodia and take pictures with his,Vietcong hero STATUE,,,before it disappear from Phnom Penh,,,
. Come on,,it's your last chance,,,,don't be shy,,,,
Angkor

Seattle, WA

#7 Aug 25, 2013
cilantro wrote:
Last chance for SPONGEBOB,,,,,,,I think SpongeBob should go to Cambodia and take pictures with his,Vietcong hero STATUE,,,before it disappear from Phnom Penh,,,
. Come on,,it's your last chance,,,,don't be shy,,,,
===
=
=
Spongebob was the guy ordered to arrest the King father Sihanouk. He took a few days swimming across Tonle Sap from the North (probably Lao's border) to the dark Phnom Penh hoping the King still was there in the Palace. However, the night Spongebob reached the waterfront of Mekong river in front of the Palace, the King father was already in New York standing 6hours for the UN to come and deliberate our country, but Yuons raised their hand and took to responsibility because Yuons just want to continue killing till today.
.
Spongebob owes me alots. He did not tell me everything about How Yuons killed the innocent Khmers, He only told me that he was one of the Dacongs missioned in Cambodia during the KR time.
.
.
There are more run away Dacong like Spongebob in Canada and in the US.
Spongebob come to Canada by tugging along behind the tail of a Khmer woman who dumbed him because his pongdor is not working. Now, Spongbob can't find any kdoui .... ahahahhahaha.
.
He loves Kdoui srey khmer, but there is no srey khmer for him. ahahhahaha
cilantro

United States

#8 Aug 25, 2013
Angkor wrote:
<quoted text>
===
=
=
Spongebob was the guy ordered to arrest the King father Sihanouk. He took a few days swimming across Tonle Sap from the North (probably Lao's border) to the dark Phnom Penh hoping the King still was there in the Palace. However, the night Spongebob reached the waterfront of Mekong river in front of the Palace, the King father was already in New York standing 6hours for the UN to come and deliberate our country, but Yuons raised their hand and took to responsibility because Yuons just want to continue killing till today.
.
Spongebob owes me alots. He did not tell me everything about How Yuons killed the innocent Khmers, He only told me that he was one of the Dacongs missioned in Cambodia during the KR time.
.
.
There are more run away Dacong like Spongebob in Canada and in the US.
Spongebob come to Canada by tugging along behind the tail of a Khmer woman who dumbed him because his pongdor is not working. Now, Spongbob can't find any kdoui .... ahahahhahaha.
.
He loves Kdoui srey khmer, but there is no srey khmer for him. ahahhahaha
lol hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha,,can't stop it hahaha hahaha hahaha,
Angkor

Seattle, WA

#9 Aug 25, 2013
cilantro wrote:
<quoted text>lol hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha,,can't stop it hahaha hahaha hahaha,
=
=
What? it is true.... what? ahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhaha hahhahahaha
ahahahhahahahhahahahahh
Pol Pot

Westminster, CA

#10 Aug 26, 2013
Angkor wrote:
<quoted text>
==
=
That are all your wish.
.
Let me tell you, all your wishes are all wrong.
As long as Sam Rainsy and Khmers in the West are watching, China can't do anything to this country.
.
Khmers have just piled up the complaints to UN and the world about everything China is doing evil things in Cambodia.
.
China should be ashamed.
CPP won this election since the first day.......but you dumbasssz cry for investigation.....well it is done...and CPP is still the winner now what..?.......you are still crying ..........yous are a dumbasszz loser..........hahahahaaaa.... ......
Chansy

Padstow, Australia

#11 Aug 26, 2013
Hunsen will play the democratic card in check
He will allow the opposition rally in limited number and limited area in his control
Sam think that he can play the democratic like the west but not work in the CCP control
Hun always control the situation and he will not let Sam do what ever he want...
Angkor

Seattle, WA

#12 Aug 26, 2013
Chansy wrote:
Hunsen will play the democratic card in check
He will allow the opposition rally in limited number and limited area in his control
Sam think that he can play the democratic like the west but not work in the CCP control
Hun always control the situation and he will not let Sam do what ever he want...
===
=
Hun Sen do not have the "DEMOCRATIC CARD" on his hand right.
.
Sam Rainsy got all the Democratic Cards -many cards. Sam got Democratic Medal from UN - remembered his Medal with & $7million in 2004. The important card now is the Khmer people and all the free countries..
.
You know it, there are limited Democratic Cards and Sam got all of them. No more left for Hun Sen.
Angkor

Seattle, WA

#13 Aug 26, 2013
Chansy wrote:
Hunsen will play the democratic card in check
He will allow the opposition rally in limited number and limited area in his control
Sam think that he can play the democratic like the west but not work in the CCP control
Hun always control the situation and he will not let Sam do what ever he want...
====
=
=
Right now - CNRP control all the situation in Cambodia.
Why are you so Hun Sen?
You don't know the freedom look at you like? Look yourself in the mirror and this question.
.
Pol Pot

Westminster, CA

#14 Aug 27, 2013
Angkor wrote:
<quoted text>
===
=
Hun Sen do not have the "DEMOCRATIC CARD" on his hand right.
.
Sam Rainsy got all the Democratic Cards -many cards. Sam got Democratic Medal from UN - remembered his Medal with & $7million in 2004. The important card now is the Khmer people and all the free countries..
.
You know it, there are limited Democratic Cards and Sam got all of them. No more left for Hun Sen.
CPP won this election since the first day.......but you dumbasssz cry for investigation.....well it is done...and CPP is still the winner now what..?.......you are still crying ..........yous are a dumbasszz loser..........hahahahaaaa.... ......

GOD KING HUN SEN gives all your dumbassz khmesr all the DUMBMOCRACY ...what else do you need...?.....GOD KING HUN SEN gives you dumbasszzz khmers all the freedom you need ..... you can live and enjoy all your happy lives under his ruling as long as you don't break HIS LAW ....

..........so stop crying.... you moron..........
Angkor

Seattle, WA

#16 Aug 27, 2013
Pol Pot wrote:
<quoted text>
CPP won this election since the first day.......but you dumbasssz cry for investigation.....well it is done...and CPP is still the winner now what..?.......you are still crying ..........yous are a dumbasszz loser..........hahahahaaaa.... ......
GOD KING HUN SEN gives all your dumbassz khmesr all the DUMBMOCRACY ...what else do you need...?.....GOD KING HUN SEN gives you dumbasszzz khmers all the freedom you need ..... you can live and enjoy all your happy lives under his ruling as long as you don't break HIS LAW ....
..........so stop crying.... you moron..........
=
=
Idiot never seek to reasoning => lead to destruction.
Cruel talk to win.
Idiot+Cruel=Criminal.
.
=
Never argue with the fool. Waste of time.
.
Pol Pot

Westminster, CA

#17 Aug 27, 2013
Angkor wrote:
<quoted text>
=
=
Idiot never seek to reasoning => lead to destruction.
Cruel talk to win.
Idiot+Cruel=Criminal.
.
=
Never argue with the fool. Waste of time.
.
Hahahahaa..........DON'T CRY....hahahaa..........
Angkor

Seattle, WA

#18 Aug 27, 2013
Angkor wrote:
<quoted text>
===
=
=
Spongebob was the guy ordered to arrest the King father Sihanouk. He took a few days swimming across Tonle Sap from the North (probably Lao's border) to the dark Phnom Penh hoping the King still was there in the Palace. However, the night Spongebob reached the waterfront of Mekong river in front of the Palace, the King father was already in New York standing 6hours for the UN to come and deliberate our country, but Yuons raised their hand and took to responsibility because Yuons just want to continue killing till today.
.
Spongebob owes me alots. He did not tell me everything about How Yuons killed the innocent Khmers, He only told me that he was one of the Dacongs missioned in Cambodia during the KR time.
.
.
There are more run away Dacong like Spongebob in Canada and in the US.
Spongebob come to Canada by tugging along behind the tail of a Khmer woman who dumbed him because his pongdor is not working. Now, Spongbob can't find any kdoui .... ahahahhahaha.
.
He loves Kdoui srey khmer, but there is no srey khmer for him. ahahhahaha
====
=
I want to talk to Spongbob more.
Come on - tell me more what you did in the KR time beside having kdoui srey Khmer.
.
Or you can't tell me because your noy noy was bitten off by the Canadian lady there.
.
Hanoi is still looking for you for not succeed arresting the King father that night.... sorry ... the King father was jumping on the secret private jet to New York while you were still swimming along the Tonle Basak Leur.
.
If you got the King that night, it could be different story now.
cilantro

United States

#19 Aug 27, 2013
Hunsen is in Thailand now,,,
Angkor

Seattle, WA

#20 Aug 27, 2013
cilantro wrote:
Hunsen is in Thailand now,,,
=
=
I don't know where he is.
But the thief Tiger just hide now and looking for way to strike again.
.
kiang

Sydney, Australia

#21 Aug 27, 2013
Hun need thai and China support to retain in power
the west reluctant to help him
China and Thailand help him as help themself
they have a lot of investment in Cambodia
also Strategic partner they do not want to see the situation change...
Angkor

Seattle, WA

#22 Aug 27, 2013
kiang wrote:
Hun need thai and China support to retain in power
the west reluctant to help him
China and Thailand help him as help themself
they have a lot of investment in Cambodia
also Strategic partner they do not want to see the situation change...
===
=
I enjoy China and Thai drop all the investment in Cambodia, after we change the PM, every thing is null.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min devilsgrin 1,599,998
News DACA recipients question future 11 min Say whatever 199
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 22 min Ms Mack 658
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr spud 37,413
News Trump, Democrats reach deal on immigrants 2 hr Cat 64
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr nothim 242,601
News Central Ohio DACA recipients want to stay in Am... 5 hr Wildchild 1
More from around the web