Obama eyes a legacy: 'You can make it if you try'

Jan 19, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Kansas City Star

This June 15, 2012 file photo shows President Barack Obama announces that the U.S. government will stop deporting and begin granting work permits to younger illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children and have since led law-abiding lives, in the Rose Garden at the White House in Washington.

Comments
1 - 20 of 45 Comments Last updated Feb 15, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mmhhhmmm

United States

#1 Jan 19, 2013
LAW ABIDING LIVES HAHA this made me pee myself. first law broken. fed. trusspassing! than once than got here DRIVING WITH NO D.L... than went and rented an house under a fake name . and gat the bills turned on with someones SSN. Than getting a job with a fake name .. thats 4 laws broken right from the start !!!! I think im going to go drive with no D.L than rent me a house with a fake name hell i should even go turn on me some hot water with my neighbors SSN!! its ok right if 20 million can do it why not mehhhhhhhh ?!?!?
El Cid

Austin, TX

#2 Jan 19, 2013
Law abiding? They do not know what that is since they are all here illegally, making them guilty of at least one crime with many being guilty of numerous others.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#3 Jan 19, 2013
They come from a culture of thieves. They have no morality. The earliest Spanish to come to Mexico were shocked at their uncivilized behavior. I've read lot about the Conquest and their treatment of women and children. It even incensed the Spanish. They cannot improve their own Culture if they continue to take what doesn't belong to them, and refuse getting an education and Birth Control. It's a native culture that is really lost. And trying to pretend they have right's and belong to American Culture isn't helping them. They should have stayed in Mexico and tried to improve their own Country. Being slaves in America isn't improvement, it's lowering their standards even further.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Jan 19, 2013
what else to expect from someone as dirty and trying to finish off the country as the little o.
sba131

United States

#5 Jan 20, 2013
Herr Leader speakes in a cryptic language only fellow thieves can understand.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 22, 2013
ronnie wrote:
They should have stayed in Mexico and tried to improve their own Country.
Why should they "stay" and improve their old country, when YOUR ancestors did not?

The mere fact that you are in the USA shows that YOUR ancestors did the same thing you are now berating Mexicans for doing.

The "you should stay and fix your country" argument, coming from people who are only here because their ancestors did NOT do that, is ironic and moronic.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#7 Jan 22, 2013
America is no longer for just Americans, just make it here. History will remember who the traitors are.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 23, 2013
Upon entering illegally, many more laws have been broken in order to get a job and to get to that job. Their child tax credit scam is just another act of dishonesty to the tune of over 4 billion dollars. I don't know, but I prefer to see Americans being given the chance to work the very jobs from which illegals undercut them. I would like to see their employers put through the ringer for hiring them, because it is pretty obvious that they have not passed their savings on to the consumers.
El Cid

Austin, TX

#9 Jan 25, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Upon entering illegally, many more laws have been broken in order to get a job and to get to that job. Their child tax credit scam is just another act of dishonesty to the tune of over 4 billion dollars. I don't know, but I prefer to see Americans being given the chance to work the very jobs from which illegals undercut them. I would like to see their employers put through the ringer for hiring them, because it is pretty obvious that they have not passed their savings on to the consumers.
Apart from employers breaking the law by hiring an illegal they also do not pay their state employee tax, workers comp, unemployment, and business taxes for the employee. This rips off the state as well though ironically if an illegal gets hurt on the job they get workers comp, they do not get unemployment though.
Correction

Mableton, GA

#10 Jan 25, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should they "stay" and improve their old country, when YOUR ancestors did not?
The mere fact that you are in the USA shows that YOUR ancestors did the same thing you are now berating Mexicans for doing.
The "you should stay and fix your country" argument, coming from people who are only here because their ancestors did NOT do that, is ironic and moronic.
The illegal aliens are berated for violating the law.

Location hidden

#11 Jan 27, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that people should obey laws?
bad legacy

Buffalo, NY

#13 Jan 27, 2013
Your President Obama legacy is he worst than President Carter.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 9, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think that people should obey laws?
If the law is just, good, and fair, yes.

But the world is full of unreasonable, bad, out dated, and just plain stupid laws, and the US has it's share of them.

I disobey stupid laws every day, just as most Americans do.

I drive over the speed limit. I jay walk. I probably violate hundreds of other stupid and petty laws every year without even realizing it.

I don't feel even slightly bad about it.

Location hidden

#15 Feb 9, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the law is just, good, and fair, yes.
But the world is full of unreasonable, bad, out dated, and just plain stupid laws, and the US has it's share of them.
I disobey stupid laws every day, just as most Americans do.
I drive over the speed limit. I jay walk. I probably violate hundreds of other stupid and petty laws every year without even realizing it.
I don't feel even slightly bad about it.
What about those who break our immigration laws...should we just look the other way? Don't we have a right to demand that they enforced? Entering anybody's house without an invitation is just not acceptable, and could end up as a dangerous move for the intruder. Entering a country without an invitation should have stiffer consequences than we have in place now, which is next to none.

Location hidden

#16 Feb 10, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>What about those who break our immigration laws...should we just look the other way? Don't we have a right to demand that they enforced? Entering anybody's house without an invitation is just not acceptable, and could end up as a dangerous move for the intruder. Entering a country without an invitation should have stiffer consequences than we have in place now, which is next to none.
Clearly, most Americans (and the US Justice system) do not see a comparison between a thug breaking into your house and a Mexican guy coming across the border to pick watermelons for a few bucks an hour.

That's why the penalties for being "illegal," when enforced at all, are so minor.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 10, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly, most Americans (and the US Justice system) do not see a comparison between a thug breaking into your house and a Mexican guy coming across the border to pick watermelons for a few bucks an hour.
That's why the penalties for being "illegal," when enforced at all, are so minor.
The point is so very few of them actually work in the agricultural field. Also, once here, they break a law to have the job they work and another to get to the job they aren't supposed to be working. In between that there are several others that I am sure they break without any thought to whomever they may be hurting. Their illegal entry should be dealt with in the same manner in which their homeland deals with its illegals.

Location hidden

#18 Feb 10, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>The point is so very few of them actually work in the agricultural field. Also, once here, they break a law to have the job they work and another to get to the job they aren't supposed to be working. In between that there are several others that I am sure they break without any thought to whomever they may be hurting. Their illegal entry should be dealt with in the same manner in which their homeland deals with its illegals.
There are hordes of them working the fields here in Texas, and other states as well.

Of course, they work in lots of other areas, too.

But whether it's farming, meat packing, cleaning buildings, or whatever doesn't matter much. The fact is, the people in power (those with money and political pull) want them here.

Location hidden

#19 Feb 10, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are hordes of them working the fields here in Texas, and other states as well.
Of course, they work in lots of other areas, too.
But whether it's farming, meat packing, cleaning buildings, or whatever doesn't matter much. The fact is, the people in power (those with money and political pull) want them here.
Your final statement is one in which I do agree. E-verify would help clean this mess up to a degree.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#20 Feb 10, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are minor for the first offense because the US is giving them a break. The second time it's a felony.

“Legals against Illegals!”

Since: Dec 11

Willing to stand and Fight!

#22 Feb 10, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexican guy coming across the border to pick watermelons for a few bucks an hour.
In the last few days In and around dallas I have seen:
Highway construction crews and heavy duty equipment operators.......a few hundred men,one white guy,one black guy all the rest were mexicans.

a local bank....one white guy,one black man one black woman the rest were hispanics.

another bank...All hispanic!

fast food joints....all hispanic.

city crews hispanic.

so do not tell me that all they are doing is picking watermelons!
I saw many jobs that whites did at one time but the illegals get hired at slave lobor wages!!

wrong for them! Bad for Americans!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min woodtick57 256,462
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Stu Rumsfeld 1,100,584
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,411
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 29 min Truth 1,491
Obama Signals Timing Of New Immigration Measure... 31 min wild child 1
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr That Fart Guy 22,306
Ukraine Says Russia Has Invaded 1 hr californio 68
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Barack Obama People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••