Steubenville's Jane Doe Receives Death Threats

Mar 18, 2013 Full story: dailykos.com 367

A tag is a way to search for this diary. If someone is searching for "Barack Obama," is this a diary they'd be trying to find? Use a person's full name, without any title.

Full Story
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#288 Apr 2, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all you've been attempting to do on here is lesson the crime and push blame onto victims.
I can't be held responsible for your inability to read and comprehend. The boys have been charged. What more is there to say except to discuss what is going on in society that would create such a scenario?

Now, if you have an agenda that involves hating men and boys, this could be your place to further your self interests but I think it's wrong.

What happened at the party was wrong and everyone agrees. It is unfortunate you are not responding to the questions such as:

1. Isn't it odd no one who was at the party thought a crime was going on?

2. Why were girls laughing along with the boys?

3. Why do teens put themselves at risk for death, rape, abduction or humilation by knowingly get drunk around guys who are called 'the rape crew'?(assuming this is what they are called)

4. Why in the world would parents allow their kids to stay out all night....especially their daughters?

5. What if Jane Doe moves away and begins life in a new high school and gets drunk, passes out and ends up in a humilating situation? Do you think she should take some responsibility in looking out for herself?

This are good questions which are necessary to start this kind of conversation unless you are not sincere about educating people about rape.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#289 Apr 2, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't overlook stating teach both.
"Now is a great time to educate your teens about it. Including education to help prevent your sons from ever attempting it on anyone."
Notice the word 'including'?
"Educate your children. Don't leave your children open for becoming victims, or leave your sons open to pressure from other boys to become involved in committing it."
That covers both. But most parents neglect teaching teen boys about committing rape, and the ramifications and consequences of it. It's why so much of it occurs and as often as it does by both teen boys and later as adults. That's why my emphasis is on teaching boys. They are the least educated about it and the offenders.
You forgot to include daughters becoming involved in committing rape....it goes both ways. You didn't mention that sons can become victims too. Boys AND girls need to learn about the ramifications of rape. You are too one sided. Girls can be victims and predators just like the boys. What happened at this party is a symptom of a breakdown in our society. There is a lack of disrepect towards each other in this society and it can be seen in threads such as this. I have been bullied and harassed because I am looking at this case from an unbiased perspective. I think boys and girls should be treated fairly and equally which is why BOTH should be equally responsible for their actions. Justice was served. The boys have been punished and their lives will never be the same again...just like the victim. I would like to know if the victim's mother gave her daughter booze to take to the party. I've heard some parents will provide it to their kids, thinking it's harmless.

For example if a girl decides to get drunk, strip, give a few bj's and then pass out at a party....kids are probably going to laugh at her. Not saying it's right but if you have a roomful of drunken teens, they will laugh and it will not dawn on most of them to see if she is ok especially if she is known to drink and pass out at parties. This is where the girl should take some responsibility for her actions. She should have enough self respect in herself to not be THAT girl or boy.

As parents, we will educate and instill values but if those kids end up drunk at a party, most of them are not going to be in the frame of mind to make quality decisions.
Blasty

Chicago, IL

#290 Apr 3, 2013
ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> You forgot to include daughters becoming involved in committing rape....it goes both ways. You didn't mention that sons can become victims too. Boys AND girls need to learn about the ramifications of rape. You are too one sided. Girls can be victims and predators just like the boys. What happened at this party is a symptom of a breakdown in our society. There is a lack of disrepect towards each other in this society and it can be seen in threads such as this. I have been bullied and harassed because I am looking at this case from an unbiased perspective. I think boys and girls should be treated fairly and equally which is why BOTH should be equally responsible for their actions. Justice was served. The boys have been punished and their lives will never be the same again...just like the victim. I would like to know if the victim's mother gave her daughter booze to take to the party. I've heard some parents will provide it to their kids, thinking it's harmless.
For example if a girl decides to get drunk, strip, give a few bj's and then pass out at a party....kids are probably going to laugh at her. Not saying it's right but if you have a roomful of drunken teens, they will laugh and it will not dawn on most of them to see if she is ok especially if she is known to drink and pass out at parties. This is where the girl should take some responsibility for her actions. She should have enough self respect in herself to not be THAT girl or boy.
As parents, we will educate and instill values but if those kids end up drunk at a party, most of them are not going to be in the frame of mind to make quality decisions.
We know who you are.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#291 Apr 3, 2013
Blasty wrote:
<quoted text>
We know who you are.
Your lame attempts to intimidate are further proof you have been using sock puppets to bully people who are attempting to engage in a discussion about teen drinking. This kind of bullying is the very thing that will hinder these kinds of discussions and the problem will continue.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#292 Apr 3, 2013
I would like to see if the bullies have anything to say about a guy named Lee Stranahan who has an interesting perspective about this case and Alexandria Goddard's involvement with Anonymous and the way she exposed minors in the media. Some of the comments were shocking...particularly claims that some of the tweets were superimposed. According to Lee's sources: The rape crew came from tweets in 2010 from 12 year olds referring to a truck they were riding in. The tweets were hacked and superimposed to current tweets. There is a lot of information if you Google Stranahan and this case. Very interesting reading. The link I posted is for reference, you can Google and find it as well as a bunch of articles and links to this case. I haven't had time or inclination to read everything but it does bear witness to the way our media continues to manipulate for the purpose of furthering their own twisted agendas. Not surprised at all.

http://stranahaninexile.wordpress.com/2013/01...
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#293 Apr 3, 2013
piltdown man wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, sounds like her last name suits her. She's obviously pretty ignhnat if she supports rapists. Look at her Facebook page. She really looks like a cheap party ho. Maybe she's just jealous because the rape squad didn't choose her.
Geez, calling a minor child a party ho and wishing she were raped kind of makes me wonder why you are so upset about girls getting raped at all. According to you, rape is appropriate if you don't like the person. Really sad...and a stalker too.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#294 Apr 4, 2013
So, is it true Trent Mays' dad is a pervert, too? There was some inappropriate incident with him in the locker room alone with underage girls that got him removed from the coaching staff of a high school? It sounds like dear old dad may have had something to do with how his son turned out.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#295 Apr 4, 2013
piltdown man wrote:
Check out these two skanks' FB pages. Both of them are making that damn duck face in a desperate attempt to look pretty. It's not working, "ladies."
What kind of person bullies minor children? You, maybe?
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#297 Apr 4, 2013
Harley4Ever wrote:
So, is it true Trent Mays' dad is a pervert, too? There was some inappropriate incident with him in the locker room alone with underage girls that got him removed from the coaching staff of a high school? It sounds like dear old dad may have had something to do with how his son turned out.
You do realize you could get sued for defamation when you spread stuff around on the Internet. You've mentioned a real person's first and last name and called him a pervert and doing something with underaged girls. Seems to me the kinds of things you are doing to innocent people are causing hurt and damage. Should you be allowed to victimize innocent people on the Internet? I don't think so.

The boys have received their punishment and yet you want to keep your vendetta public and personal. You're no different than a rapist. Guess what? Rather than stand by and say nothing.....I'm going to say, cut it out. Isn't that what you expected from the party goers? What gives you the right to insult and humiliate someone on the Internet like this?

Location hidden

#298 Apr 5, 2013
ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize you could get sued for defamation when you spread stuff around on the Internet. You've mentioned a real person's first and last name and called him a pervert and doing something with underaged girls. Seems to me the kinds of things you are doing to innocent people are causing hurt and damage. Should you be allowed to victimize innocent people on the Internet? I don't think so.
The boys have received their punishment and yet you want to keep your vendetta public and personal. You're no different than a rapist. Guess what? Rather than stand by and say nothing.....I'm going to say, cut it out. Isn't that what you expected from the party goers? What gives you the right to insult and humiliate someone on the Internet like this?
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black, after you've tried for weeks to smear the victim in the name of educating people about underage drinking? You're bullying the victim in this case, who is underage.

Regarding the perp's dad, I'm just asking a question. I read it on MANY websites (it is all over the internet) and was just trying to ascertain if it's the truth. Google it. If it's true, it explains a lot.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#299 Apr 5, 2013
Harley4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black, after you've tried for weeks to smear the victim in the name of educating people about underage drinking? You're bullying the victim in this case, who is underage.
Regarding the perp's dad, I'm just asking a question. I read it on MANY websites (it is all over the internet) and was just trying to ascertain if it's the truth. Google it. If it's true, it explains a lot.
I am astounded that you could even imagine that it could be possible to smear a victim by opening a discussion about underage drinking! Please support your accusations by giving examples of this kind of behavior. If you were able understand what you have read, you would know that I was discussing other cases of over drinking and their consequences. With your analogy, every movie, book, documentary, show, conversation, song and sentence could bully this or countless victims .

The case regarding Jane Doe is over and the defendents have been convicted. My discussions have little if anything to do with Jane Doe. My purpose is to try to prevent this kind of tragedy from happening by starting a discussion about this sub culture that is literally killing teens. Additionally, her name isn't even public so it is impossible to bully her although you and your puppets have been quite good at attacking minors and others by maligning their characters by using their first and last names. You have also attacked my character as well so it is clear that YOU are in the habit of bullying which is why you project your heinous behavior on others.

Location hidden

#300 Apr 5, 2013
ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>I am astounded that you could even imagine that it could be possible to smear a victim by opening a discussion about underage drinking! Please support your accusations by giving examples of this kind of behavior. If you were able understand what you have read, you would know that I was discussing other cases of over drinking and their consequences. With your analogy, every movie, book, documentary, show, conversation, song and sentence could bully this or countless victims .
The case regarding Jane Doe is over and the defendents have been convicted. My discussions have little if anything to do with Jane Doe. My purpose is to try to prevent this kind of tragedy from happening by starting a discussion about this sub culture that is literally killing teens. Additionally, her name isn't even public so it is impossible to bully her although you and your puppets have been quite good at attacking minors and others by maligning their characters by using their first and last names. You have also attacked my character as well so it is clear that YOU are in the habit of bullying which is why you project your heinous behavior on others.
You and I both know what you're trying to do. LOL.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#301 Apr 5, 2013
In regards to family members of the convicted:

What sources are you referring to? Gossip sites or sites with little journalistic abilities? Additionally, smearing an innocent person who had nothing to do with this case, is vindictive and serves no purpose except to satisfy your vendetta. This is where you should be held accountable especially in your smearing of those minor children in this thread.

This case is a tragic example of how disrespectful society is becoming. The children are a reflection of our society. Your rudeness and cruelty in this thread give reason for this kind of behavior in our teens. They model after what they see and experience among their peers, in the media, on the Internet, in their music, etc. Shame on you.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#302 Apr 5, 2013
Harley4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I both know what you're trying to do. LOL.
Please explain. All I see is you are trying to intimidate me and anyone else who wants to discuss a very serious problem in our society. This forum has been created to discuss current events which I have attempted to do. It is NOT for the purpose of bullying and harassing innocent people to satisfy your agenda.

Location hidden

#303 Apr 5, 2013
ohwell wrote:
In regards to family members of the convicted:
What sources are you referring to? Gossip sites or sites with little journalistic abilities? Additionally, smearing an innocent person who had nothing to do with this case, is vindictive and serves no purpose except to satisfy your vendetta. This is where you should be held accountable especially in your smearing of those minor children in this thread.
This case is a tragic example of how disrespectful society is becoming. The children are a reflection of our society. Your rudeness and cruelty in this thread give reason for this kind of behavior in our teens. They model after what they see and experience among their peers, in the media, on the Internet, in their music, etc. Shame on you.
You're the one who should be ashamed of yourself, trolling this forum to cast aspersions about the rape victim and try to justify the rapists' actions. Fact is, you have a dog in this fight, and YOU actually have no manners. Some of your expletive- and violence-laden explosions on here are proof of that. You obviously have anger issues, and it really makes sense that you do. Considering.

Location hidden

#304 Apr 5, 2013
ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> Please explain. All I see is you are trying to intimidate me and anyone else who wants to discuss a very serious problem in our society. This forum has been created to discuss current events which I have attempted to do. It is NOT for the purpose of bullying and harassing innocent people to satisfy your agenda.
You are bullying and harassing the rape victim, and you started the name-calling on here. You are a scary person with A LOT of time on your hands. Idle hands are the Devil's business. Maybe you could volunteer somewhere, or take up a productive hobby?
The Law

Baxter, KY

#305 Apr 5, 2013
Wait till Topix gets a subpeona to turn over ip addresses and we find out that many posting are the parents of the delinquents.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#306 Apr 5, 2013
Harley4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who should be ashamed of yourself, trolling this forum to cast aspersions about the rape victim and try to justify the rapists' actions. Fact is, you have a dog in this fight, and YOU actually have no manners. Some of your expletive- and violence-laden explosions on here are proof of that. You obviously have anger issues, and it really makes sense that you do. Considering.
There you go again....lying and insulting people who want to have a sensible discussion about the kinds of things that can lead to tragedies such as this. Violence laden explosions? I'm afraid you are confusing me with one of your sock puppets. What dog do I own that is in this 'fight'? You sound absolutely crazy. Prove your accusations or kindly sulk away in the dark or find another bridge to troll under.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#307 Apr 5, 2013
Harley4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are bullying and harassing the rape victim, and you started the name-calling on here. You are a scary person with A LOT of time on your hands. Idle hands are the Devil's business. Maybe you could volunteer somewhere, or take up a productive hobby?
If you review the posts you will notice that YOU are one of the first posters in this thread maligning juveniles and stalking their twitter, fb accounts......which seems very creepy to me. You have bullied others who don't share your opinion and attempted to run me off as well. It is most peculiar that you would imagine that I have any connection to this case especially since I have no idea who the victim even is....and nor do I care....because her name has no bearing to this discussion. My comments/questions have to do with the problems within the teen culture that lead to scenarios such as this. I have been harangued and threatened for participating in a public forum that is designed for that purpose.

The name calling and harassing began with you and your 'friends' who have maligned juveniles, coaches, govt. workers, a school district, football team, a town, parents of the children as well as the children who have been charged. Your acts are despicable as they serve no purpose except to further your agenda and perversions of hate and revenge. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that you would think everyone else has the same intent when posting in this thread. You need counseling and fast.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#308 Apr 5, 2013
The Law wrote:
Wait till Topix gets a subpeona to turn over ip addresses and we find out that many posting are the parents of the delinquents.
You do realize you are in violation of Topix by using threats against those who are questioning your motives for attempting to ruin the reputations of innocent people. The only inflammatory posts that exist in this thread are from those who are using first and last names of actual people involved in this case. I think that is atrocious particularly since they are juveniles. Nothing that I've said has anything to do with anyone in particular as they have been examples of other cases in other places and times. You have some serious issues and as an onlooker, I saw your abuse and called you out. Isn't that what people are supposed to do? Stop the abuse when we see it? Shame on you for abusing juveniles! You are no different than a rapist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,172,062
Is Obama's 'Election Proximity' Excuse a Snub t... 3 min Le Jimbo 27
Netanyahu visit continues to stir emotion 3 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 17
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 3 min Le Duped 1,769
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Cheech the Conser... 304,030
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 7 min Captain Yesterday 552
Obama received warmly in India, seeks policy ad... 8 min Too DUH for words 1
More from around the web