Social conservatives remind Romney of...

Social conservatives remind Romney of pledge against abortion, for 'culture of life' in US

There are 96 comments on the The Washington Post story from Oct 10, 2012, titled Social conservatives remind Romney of pledge against abortion, for 'culture of life' in US. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - A day after Mitt Romney downplayed his plans to fight abortion, social conservatives on Wednesday offered the Republican presidential nominee a not-so-subtle reminder of his pledge to do "everything in my power to cultivate, promote, and support a culture of life in America." The head of the anti-abortion group Susan B. Anthony ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Ravianna

Lincoln City, OR

#23 Oct 11, 2012
Until America wakes up on abortion and Roe v Wade is overturned any pro-life legislation wouldn't go anywhere.

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#24 Oct 11, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the higher the education level, the more likely the person is to vote Democrat.
Oh really?
Explain why Democrats rely so heavily on the vote of welfare recipients?

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#25 Oct 11, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? They're "executing babies"?? Care to provide a link backing up that claim?
I'm pretty sure executing babies is against the law in all 50 states.
It's called abortion. Try not to dance around it.
Billy Ringo

Turtle Lake, ND

#26 Oct 11, 2012
Uh oh ........ Etchy is flipping and flopping again.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#27 Oct 11, 2012
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>It's called abortion. Try not to dance around it.
Abortion is terminating a pregnancy. That has nothing to do with "executing babies".

That you can't understand the difference is why you're just another nutjob.

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#28 Oct 11, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is terminating a pregnancy. That has nothing to do with "executing babies".
That you can't understand the difference is why you're just another nutjob.
Abortion is terminating a life.
If i stabbed somebody and threw them off a bridge or shot them the end result is still the same.
The fact you can sleep at night for defending the murder of the unborn shows what a nutjob you really are.
Liberals act as if it is only a baby once it has been delivered and according to Obama it isn't even then.
Clem

Delaware, OH

#29 Oct 11, 2012
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion is terminating a life.
If i stabbed somebody and threw them off a bridge or shot them the end result is still the same.
The fact you can sleep at night for defending the murder of the unborn shows what a nutjob you really are.
Liberals act as if it is only a baby once it has been delivered and according to Obama it isn't even then.
And it is the same end when someone is executed, but lots of people defend that too. Before you claim that a baby has no choice to be good or bad, realize that your analogy with a person thrown off a bridge does not account for that either.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#30 Oct 11, 2012
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
If that were the case, then the SCOTUS would never have ruled it a constitutional right.

Actually it's SCIENTISTS & DOCTORS who say it's not a baby until it is born; up until that point it is a fetus.

A baby has rights.
A fetus doesn't.

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#31 Oct 11, 2012
Tony wrote:
Romney said he was a pro choice to help him get elected as governor of Massachusetts.
Romney now says he is pro life and hopes it will help him get elected President.
Romney lies so much. Romney liar in chief.
I guess they are calling in the flop... or is this a flip?

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#32 Oct 11, 2012
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>Oh really?
Explain why Democrats rely so heavily on the vote of welfare recipients?
Unlike you they are taking care of all the babies you would like to see the government force women to carry against their will. Now tell me again why you would be against welfare?

Minneapolis

#33 Oct 11, 2012
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
Unless this grown person is somehow trying to crawl inside your body to use it as nourishment to grow and develop something entirely beneficial to them, you have no comparison, in that case you would have the right to throw them off the bridge as you would be protecting your "person". thats called self defense.

Abortion is a decision made by a woman/girl concerning HER body, her uterus, her resources. I will bet you are for smaller government....right? Just small enough to fit inside and govern a womans vagina?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#34 Oct 11, 2012
http://academic.wsc.edu/mathsci/hammer_m/life...

Doctors and scientists don't all agree on abortion for good reason. From the moment of conception (when the sperm infuses with the egg), all the requirements of being a living organism are met. Not just any living organism, the very beginning of a human being. So, in my opinion, abortion in any since is taking the life of another. In regards to Romney, coming from his Mormon background, he was raised in the belief that abortion was acceptable under certain circumstances. So yes, he was in a since pro-choice. I can't find the article I found the other day, but he had stated that he didn't believe that the government had a place in making that decision for a woman. He also later on went to say that when it came time for him to sign abortion legislature as Governor, that he personally could not justify enforcing laws that would affect the sanction of life. Whether or not he really is pro-choice or pro-life no one will really know (unless he is voted into the presidential office). I will say that his changing of stand points on this subject will really hurt him when it comes to the polls.

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#35 Oct 12, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you they are taking care of all the babies you would like to see the government force women to carry against their will. Now tell me again why you would be against welfare?
I am against welfare because it is not right to take money away from working people and give to people to lazy to work.

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#36 Oct 12, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were the case, then the SCOTUS would never have ruled it a constitutional right.
Actually it's SCIENTISTS & DOCTORS who say it's not a baby until it is born; up until that point it is a fetus.
A baby has rights.
A fetus doesn't.
SCOTUS at one time ruled it was legal to own black people as slaves. SCOTUS isn't always correct, just correct when whoever is holding the court at the time and who's agreeing with their decision.
Not all scientist and doctors agree on abortion, many doctors refuse to perform abortions at all.
Sooooo, i guess you would have no problem reaching into a womb and choking a fetus to death as it kicks and wriggles?

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#37 Oct 12, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless this grown person is somehow trying to crawl inside your body to use it as nourishment to grow and develop something entirely beneficial to them, you have no comparison, in that case you would have the right to throw them off the bridge as you would be protecting your "person". thats called self defense.
Abortion is a decision made by a woman/girl concerning HER body, her uterus, her resources. I will bet you are for smaller government....right? Just small enough to fit inside and govern a womans vagina?
No woman has any control over her own "vagina" or over her own body other than saying no to unwanted sex.
It is legal to take drugs into your body? Not unless they are approved by the government.
Is it legal to sell "your" body as sex? Not in 99.99% of the United States.
It is legal to commit suicide? Nope, if you are caught trying to do so you will either end up in jail or a Physiatric ward.
So in reality the government is already controlling your body anyway, other than abortion.

Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#38 Oct 12, 2012
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>I am against welfare because it is not right to take money away from working people and give to people to lazy to work.
It's not right to give money to American corporations, only to have them invest our tax dollars overseas.

At least with the welfare program, our tax dollars stay here.

When doctors, hospitals, medical supply companies and individuals commit fraud it doesn't.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#40 Oct 12, 2012
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>I am against welfare because it is not right to take money away from working people and give to people to lazy to work.
You mean the taxpayer giving lazy bum Ann Romney money to sit on her lard ass all day long pretend to have MS.

Yes, I agree about that one. Of course she does claim $77,000 for Rafalca's labor which is infinitely better than Ann who hasn't worked a single day in her lazy bum of a life.

Minneapolis

#41 Oct 12, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
So now the woman/girl who is poor and raising the baby you would force her to have is lazy? Now raising a child is not work? Make sure you tell stay at home moms how lazy they are.

Minneapolis

#42 Oct 12, 2012
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>No woman has any control over her own "vagina" or over her own body other than saying no to unwanted sex.
It is legal to take drugs into your body? Not unless they are approved by the government.
It is legal to commit suicide? Nope, if you are caught trying to do so you will either end up in jail or a Physiatric ward.
So in reality the government is already controlling your body anyway, other than abortion.
Pregnancy is a medical/physical condition. A woman/girl has the right to determine what is best for her body. The males in our society have no right to make her medical/physical decisions for her just as women do not make those decisions for men.

This subject is about nothing more than controlling women. I am sure you realize that.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#43 Oct 12, 2012
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>No woman has any control over her own "vagina" or over her own body other than saying no to unwanted sex.
Romney has prostituted himself to the 17 billionaires of the GOPOX so prostitution is legal in the Republisum Party.

Republiscums would force a women to keep the fetus that is killing her. Republiscums want to execute her for the crime of having a defective fetus.

That is exactly the opposite of suicide where the government is trying to protect your life not execute you. You are a real perv aren't you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Bluestater 1,278,995
News In climate bid, Obama stares down melting Alask... 10 min Earthling-1 224
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 14 min - Lady Liberty - 341,616
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 42 min PolakPotrafi 3,335
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 43 min -Stray Dog 47,942
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Joe Balls 197,274
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 59 min SpaceBlues 54,634
More from around the web