Russia's Putin Invites Obama to Moscow

Nov 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Voice of America

U.S. President Barack Obama and his family return after his re-election, to the White House in Washington, November 7, 2012.

Comments
1 - 20 of 124 Comments Last updated Nov 18, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 10, 2012
Mr. Putin’s outstretched hand contrasts to the cold shoulder offered President Obama four years ago, at the time of the American’s first election.

At that time, Europe was swept with Obama-mania. But the Kremlin responded to Barack Obama’s election by announcing that Russia would install missiles in Kaliningrad, Russia’s westernmost territory.
Analysts predict that the relationship with Russia will remain largely transactional - as in the case of American use of an air base in southern Russia as a logistics hub for flying equipment out of Afghanistan. In a contract worth hundreds of millions of dollars, the United States uses a Russian air cargo company and pays landing fees for use of the strip.

This kind of cooperation is often obscured by the official anti-Americanism that has filled Russia’s airwaves over the last year.

Vladimir Milov, an opposition activist, said the anti-Americanism is largely designed to bolster popular support for President Putin.

“You have this bizarre situation of this post-Soviet criticism of the U.S., combined with better integration and growing integration of the Russian establishment with the Western countries,” he said.

U.S. Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul has been the target of much of this official anti-Americanism. Within hours after President Obama claimed victory, Ambassador McFaul gave a series of interviews to the media where he predicted that the second Obama administration would focus on building economic ties between Russia and the United States. This year, American exports to Russia are to hit $10 billion - five times the level of 10 years ago.
But other analysts said President Putin wants to carve out a role for Russia as a respected regional power - not as a Western ally.

Romanovich, the Duma deputy, said he agrees with a post-election RBK television poll where 75 percent of respondents forecast that the second Obama administration would bring no major change in U.S.-Russian relations.

“I would support the opinion of 75 percent of Russians that things will remain like they were before,” Romanovich said.“Because there are still problems connected to Georgia, the eastward expansion of NATO, problems in the Middle East, and problems with Iran.”
jack

Melbourne, Australia

#3 Nov 10, 2012
-sunshine wrote:
Mr. Putin’s outstretched hand contrasts to the cold shoulder offered President Obama four years ago, at the time of the American’s first election.
At that time, Europe was swept with Obama-mania. But the Kremlin responded to Barack Obama’s election by announcing that Russia would install missiles in Kaliningrad, Russia’s westernmost territory.

what a lier you are. It was obama who said the us was going to put missiles in poland, after this russia responded with the idea to put missiles elsehwere.
stop telling lies
Obama did the wrong thing, Russia and Us relations before his poland decision were on a all time high, Obama has destroyed those gains and taken things backward.

Location hidden

#4 Nov 10, 2012
jack wrote:
<quoted text>
what a lier you are. It was obama who said the us was going to put missiles in poland, after this russia responded with the idea to put missiles elsehwere.
stop telling lies
Obama did the wrong thing, Russia and Us relations before his poland decision were on a all time high, Obama has destroyed those gains and taken things backward.
LOL
I think I didn't copy/paste enough of it so you're right, it is misleading.

Location hidden

#5 Nov 10, 2012
Okay I read it over and it doesn't say anything about US missiles until about half way down the article :(

Sorry! I assumed everyone knows why Russia was putting missiles in Kaliningrad.

Location hidden

#6 Nov 10, 2012
jack wrote:
<quoted text>
stop telling lies
I think you mean Bush, not Obama?
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/18/world/europ...

Obama changed it all and now the Polaks are mad.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/08/08/polish-pr...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/eur...
jack

Melbourne, Australia

#7 Nov 10, 2012
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>I think you mean Bush, not Obama?
obama betrayed peace, there should be no missiles from the usa at all in eastern europe, it has triggered a new arms race in china as the fear there pointed at them as well as russia. and russia has now responded.
it was a stupid idea, the us already has nuke bases in germany, turkey,italy,uk,netherlands with nukes aimed at russia, it was aclerar provoaction to russia and china and very stupid.

russia is the last bastion of pure white european demographics and Obama would like to destroy them being an african, notice theres no nukes pointed at saudi arabia,or other muslim countries or african countries who are the worlds biggest threat and least civilized places, cause obama was a muslim himself and has a black african father, I dread the next 4 years under obama.
in fact there should be no conflct at all between us and russia, they are both white nations, both christian countries, both now democracies, so why has not the us changed its policy? ive shown you one of the reasons for sure

Since: Aug 12

Brewster, NY

#8 Nov 10, 2012
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>I think you mean Bush, not Obama?
More of the Polish public rejects the Missle Shield than Supports it.

The Polish daily newspaper Rzeczpospolita conducted a survey which showed that 48 percent of Poles believed the decision was good for Poland, while 31 percent had the opposite view.

_
_
_

Why do so many stupid idiots on here confuse a Government for the People?

_
_
_

Anyways I heard from a Polish person in Poland that President Komorowski isn't very Polish in roots & has roots of traitors of Poland such as the Saxon traitor of Poland Stanislaw August Poniatowski.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#9 Nov 10, 2012
Time for Obama to go to Russia, and get his walking orders for the next 4 years. All that flexibility going to waste. Soon the U N will come for your guns.
AbeUG

United States

#10 Nov 11, 2012
-sunshine wrote:
Okay I read it over and it doesn't say anything about US missiles until about half way down the article :(
Sorry! I assumed everyone knows why Russia was putting missiles in Kaliningrad.
Of course. Russia wants to rule the world and it will start by attacking Warsaw in a missile blitzkrieg but first it has to strike a deal with Germany. That was the whole idea of taking out the entire Polish leadership in Smolensk. It was the first stage of preparation for the final attack. Poland has everything Russia wants, like delicious Polish kielbasa instead of that Russian stuff that's stuffed with sawdust and ground up bones. Besides, the Russians think that Catholicism is a wayward cult and that the Pope is the devil, so they will consider it a holy war crusade.
AbeUG

United States

#11 Nov 11, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Time for Obama to go to Russia, and get his walking orders for the next 4 years. All that flexibility going to waste. Soon the U N will come for your guns.
Jeez, even I'm not as crazy as you, dude.
eric holder

Lake Worth, FL

#12 Nov 11, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
What are you going on about? THe Obama administration is not after your guns. In truth the policy is that every drug cartel in Mexico should buy directly from...

Hard to imagine a more gun friendly administration.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#13 Nov 11, 2012
eric holder wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you going on about? THe Obama administration is not after your guns. In truth the policy is that every drug cartel in Mexico should buy directly from...
Hard to imagine a more gun friendly administration.
Then why is Obama so hot to trot to sign on with the UN small arms treaty?

Location hidden

#14 Nov 11, 2012
AbeUG wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeez, even I'm not as crazy as you, dude.
"Let me get reelected first, he said; then I’ll have a better chance of making something happen. On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved, but it’s important for him to give me space,” Barak Obama can be heard telling Medvedev, apparently referring to incoming Russian president — and outgoing prime minister — Vladi­mir Putin.

“This is my last election,” Obama interjects.“After my election, I have more flexibility.”

Meeting between Obama and Medvedev in Seoul, Korea.
eric holder

Lake Worth, FL

#15 Nov 11, 2012
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is Obama so hot to trot to sign on with the UN small arms treaty?
You are unaware of Washington's deal to supply the Mexican drug lords with arms?
eric holder

Lake Worth, FL

#16 Nov 11, 2012
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
"Let me get reelected first, he said; then I’ll have a better chance of making something happen. On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved, but it’s important for him to give me space,” Barak Obama can be heard telling Medvedev, apparently referring to incoming Russian president — and outgoing prime minister — Vladi­mir Putin.
“This is my last election,” Obama interjects.“After my election, I have more flexibility.”
Meeting between Obama and Medvedev in Seoul, Korea.
The USA is no longer a western nation. We are in our post European stage. Obama has little interest in NATO or the Russian Federation one way or the other.

Location hidden

#17 Nov 11, 2012
eric holder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are unaware of Washington's deal to supply the Mexican drug lords with arms?
Not at all.

Like the UN treaty, it was a back door attempt to disarm law abiding Americans.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18 Nov 11, 2012
AbeUG wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. Russia wants to rule the world and it will start by attacking Warsaw in a missile blitzkrieg but first it has to strike a deal with Germany. That was the whole idea of taking out the entire Polish leadership in Smolensk. It was the first stage of preparation for the final attack. Poland has everything Russia wants, like delicious Polish kielbasa instead of that Russian stuff that's stuffed with sawdust and ground up bones. Besides, the Russians think that Catholicism is a wayward cult and that the Pope is the devil, so they will consider it a holy war crusade.
My God!
People overseas. When you stop being an idiot? Excuse me for being rude.
Where do you get this nonsense? Which rule the world? We have a huge country, huge amounts of resources, zamli, people, talent. We are completely self-sufficient country. We absolutely do not care about the impact of the world.
 It is sufficient for one. Do not meddle us with your orders, HEREUNDER, homilies. Stay away from NATO to the borders. And do not tell the tale of a missile threat from Iran. And so you have to install missiles in Europe. It is clear that this is nonsense first grade. We have removed the troops from around the world, closed military bases. What more do you want, the confusion?
What Catholicism and the Pope? About it, no one remembers. Pray as you like. Only we pray as we choose.
Mind your own states and do not climb to us with their stupid customs. And we will not touch you.
Here you have the brains foul, it's crazy.
Sorry for being rude.

Since: Aug 12

Brewster, NY

#19 Nov 11, 2012
eric holder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Washington is supplying Mexican drug lords with arms.

While Jew Tarzan Fainberg supplied the Colombian drug cartels with submarines, helicopters & arms.

__

Yes, it all seems pretty supportive of Jewish power & rule.

A New World Order of Jewish rats running amok.

The head Jew rat seems to be that Jew George Soros who wants to create a New World Order with China.
AbeUG

United States

#20 Nov 11, 2012
sovos wrote:
<quoted text>
My God!
People overseas. When you stop being an idiot? Excuse me for being rude.
Where do you get this nonsense? Which rule the world? We have a huge country, huge amounts of resources, zamli, people, talent. We are completely self-sufficient country. We absolutely do not care about the impact of the world.
 It is sufficient for one. Do not meddle us with your orders, HEREUNDER, homilies. Stay away from NATO to the borders. And do not tell the tale of a missile threat from Iran. And so you have to install missiles in Europe. It is clear that this is nonsense first grade. We have removed the troops from around the world, closed military bases. What more do you want, the confusion?
What Catholicism and the Pope? About it, no one remembers. Pray as you like. Only we pray as we choose.
Mind your own states and do not climb to us with their stupid customs. And we will not touch you.
Here you have the brains foul, it's crazy.
Sorry for being rude.
Small Town America UGX told me before he was swept out to sea. Then that gun guy on here that has his TV locked onto Fox and weejees with Charlton Heston and is afraid of N. Korean ICBMs with nukes on them confirmed it. Haven't you seen Red Dawn II yet?
Mikhail Kalashnikov

United States

#21 Nov 11, 2012
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
Like the UN treaty, it was a back door attempt to disarm law abiding Americans.
Why are you such a nancy pants?

"U.S. officials have acknowledged privately that the treaty under discussion would have no effect on domestic gun sales and ownership because it would apply only to exports."

Of course, it might become troublesome to export arms to the Syrian salafists but that's what covert black ops are for. ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Patrick 1,100,102
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 4 min L Morales 22,283
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min harmonious 256,005
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,367
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 13 min Wanderer2452 32,467
Obama cautions against using force to solve crises 15 min Barry McBanhy 9
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 23 min Colbert 1,359
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Barack Obama People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••