Syrian troops take full control of st...

Syrian troops take full control of strategic town

There are 25 comments on the The Republic story from May 13, 2013, titled Syrian troops take full control of strategic town. In it, The Republic reports that:

Syrian troops have taken full control of a town near the highway linking the capital Damascus with Jordan, a new advance in the regime's campaign to drive rebels from the strategic south, an activist group said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Republic.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jude

Ashburn, VA

#1 May 13, 2013
New butchery *****now open. Till next month.
Roice

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 May 14, 2013
Strategic town is Syrian code for "Brothel". It took Syria 14 months to equal the death toll from one day's fighting at the American battle of Antietam (google it)......and Michelle Obama looks like a Klingon. That's all I wanted to say. Have a nice day.
ocxz

Paris, France

#3 May 14, 2013
In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides, suicides and unintentional shootings. This is the equivalent of more than 85 deaths each day and more than three deaths each hour.

73,505 Americans were treated in hospital emergency departments for non-fatal gunshot wounds in 2010.

Firearms were the third-leading cause of injury-related deaths nationwide in 2010, following poisoning and motor vehicle accidents.

Between 1955 and 1975, the Vietnam War killed over 58,000 American soldiers less than the number of civilians killed with guns in the U.S. in an average two-year period.

In the first seven years of the U.S.-Iraq War, over 4,400 American soldiers were killed. Almost as many civilians are killed with guns in the U.S., however, every seven weeks.
Jude

Ashburn, VA

#4 May 14, 2013
ocxz wrote:
In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides, suicides and unintentional shootings. This is the equivalent of more than 85 deaths each day and more than three deaths each hour.
73,505 Americans were treated in hospital emergency departments for non-fatal gunshot wounds in 2010.
Firearms were the third-leading cause of injury-related deaths nationwide in 2010, following poisoning and motor vehicle accidents.
Between 1955 and 1975, the Vietnam War killed over 58,000 American soldiers less than the number of civilians killed with guns in the U.S. in an average two-year period.
In the first seven years of the U.S.-Iraq War, over 4,400 American soldiers were killed. Almost as many civilians are killed with guns in the U.S., however, every seven weeks.
The Shabiha refer to a laptop as Facebook. Dumb shabiha can you please the explain gist behind this dumb post.
Dumb shabiha

Paris, France

#5 May 14, 2013
Jude wrote:
<quoted text> The Shabiha refer to a laptop as Facebook. Dumb shabiha can you please the explain gist behind this dumb post.
Come over to Syria dumb Jude and we'll gladly explain it to you.
Jude

Ashburn, VA

#6 May 14, 2013
Dumb shabiha wrote:
<quoted text>
How many hearts do you have?
Oliver Cromwell

Preston, UK

#7 May 14, 2013
Jude wrote:
<quoted text> How many hearts do you have?
What are you another sick Cannibal?
Jude

Ashburn, VA

#8 May 14, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you another sick Cannibal?
Bomb my family and poison my friend I will eat you whole from hair to toe nails not out of choice but as supreme obligation. Actually I can also swallow your soul. Hehehehe.
Oliver Cromwell

Fleetwood, UK

#9 May 14, 2013
Jude wrote:
<quoted text> Bomb my family and poison my friend I will eat you whole from hair to toe nails not out of choice but as supreme obligation. Actually I can also swallow your soul. Hehehehe.
Yep, another sick Cannibal,you will have to be put down like the other Sick bastard.
Jude

Ashburn, VA

#10 May 14, 2013
Producing more sick cannibals to chaw you. Your demi god already butchered 120 000 people. 1/4 million by the end of June. It is like eating the heart Syria
benF

Bury, UK

#11 May 14, 2013
ocxz wrote:
"In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides, suicides and unintentional shootings"

WOW!

and there's me thinking firearms needed someone to pull the trigger.

you live and learn.
Syrian

New London, CT

#12 May 15, 2013
ocxz wrote:
WOW!!! They surely are gun happy!
Assad

Houilles, France

#13 May 15, 2013
Jude wrote:
Producing more sick cannibals to chaw you. Your demi god already butchered 120 000 people. 1/4 million by the end of June. It is like eating the heart Syria
Jude, so many foreign terrorists are busy destroying Syria, it's terrible.
If only you were here to see the reality, instead of whining down there in the Asylum States.
Just you don't worry, sonny, we are taking care of things.
You might give your sources for the 120 000 number, or is it just a wild guess, like your delirious future death toll.
Syrian

East Lyme, CT

#14 May 15, 2013
Assad wrote:
<quoted text>
If only you were here to see the reality, instead of whining down there in the Asylum States.
You might give your sources for the 120 000 number, or is it just a wild guess, like your delirious future death toll.
Yep! Western propaganda never stops.
Carlos

New York, NY

#15 May 15, 2013
Won't the rebels just reclaim it a week or two later? That always happens in these kinds of wars...
George

Red Deer, Canada

#16 May 15, 2013
Dumb shabiha wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down Oxyz, they will get to you, just be patient
Syrian

New London, CT

#17 May 16, 2013
Carlos wrote:
Won't the rebels just reclaim it a week or two later? That always happens in these kinds of wars...
Not this time! Rebel's support is drying up, and the Syrian military has now made steady and strategic gains. The rebel's party is over.
Jude

Ashburn, VA

#18 May 16, 2013
Assad wrote:
<quoted text>
I am worried and feel sorry for all those caught between the chaos. But I completely disagree with Assad's of destruction. But if troops can withdraw and peacekeepers be deployed. All the killing on all sides can stop.
Jude

Ashburn, VA

#19 May 16, 2013
**strategy**
Oliver Cromwell

Paisley, UK

#20 May 16, 2013
The brve Sirian army is winning,even insane Mc Cain said so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Teaman 1,684,515
News Trump: a year since his election, how do voters... 7 min spud 1,175
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 1 hr Trump is a joke 2,654
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Sweaty wet farts 24,703
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr Mothra 37,840
News EPA to ease emission restrictions on coal-fired... 4 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 425
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 9 hr Retribution 282
More from around the web