Consequence to cuts no one thought would happen

Mar 2, 2013 Full story: Sunherald.com 65

Back in 2011, few lawmakers, if any, thought deep and indiscriminate spending cuts, totaling about $85 billion and now starting to kick in, were a smart idea.

Full Story

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#41 Mar 2, 2013
a compromise would consist of both spending cuts, and new revenue.
not one or the other.
.
history has proven that spending cuts alone will just make a bad situation worse.
.
.
the 2001/2003 tax cuts were meant to be temporary, not permanent.
Anonymous

Ironton, OH

#42 Mar 2, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>Boehners house has done more this past month to help the country than nobama and the dem senate put together the last four fkn years, boy.

No budget by senate in four years...nobama's last budget request didn't even get a vote by the demorats...hahahahahahaha
You are a dillusional nutjob !!!!
kjo3j2jljj6kl9kd

Hanoi, Vietnam

#43 Mar 2, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Boehners house has done more this past month to help the country than nobama and the dem senate put together the last four fkn years, boy.
No budget by senate in four years...nobama's last budget request didn't even get a vote by the demorats...hahahahahahaha
cowboy! teach em what"s Old money vs Numoney!!;-00
kjo3j2jljj6kl9kd

Hanoi, Vietnam

#44 Mar 2, 2013
anneutral wrote:
a compromise would consist of both spending cuts, and new revenue.
not one or the other.
.
history has proven that spending cuts alone will just make a bad situation worse.
.
.
the 2001/2003 tax cuts were meant to be temporary, not permanent.
;) depend watta U Cquestor of chopin block!! ;-000
kjo3j2jljj6kl9kd

Hanoi, Vietnam

#45 Mar 2, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
We all celebrated having Bush for president after 9/11, nobama called him and thanked him for putting policies in place. Where were you that night??...fkn clinton let al queda run wild and even the hijackers train here.
Pathetic.
Pill Clintoon n BO House!!;) Cowboy! U making the Demo very mad, U see CNN David Gerber Demo adviser talking crab abutt the Donkee demo?!!!;-0

“Dow hit 18,000 first time ever”

Since: Jun 07

Obama economics at work.

#46 Mar 2, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the [one] who suggested that Obama should use drone strikes against his domestic political enemies?
When President Obama took the Oath of Office from Chief Justice Roberts I distinctly remember the line:‘protect the nation from enemies FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC’.
Now with Obama’s brilliant change from the failed policies of George W Bush we finally saw the death of Osama bin Laden.
[That death would never have come about had it not been for us electing Obama in 2008. We saw for 8 years how the failed polices of George W Bush allowed the worst terrorist attack on American soil and allowed Bin Laden to live out in the open…]

So we have first hand proof that President Obama has the foreign enemies taken care of… so that leaves the unpatriotic right who talk about hoping this nation fails and wanting to take back the government with guns by force. But ‘We the People’ will stand with President Obama against these domestic enemies on the right and keep our nation strong and free.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#47 Mar 2, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
When President Obama took the Oath of Office from Chief Justice Roberts I distinctly remember the line:‘protect the nation from enemies FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC’.
Now with Obama’s brilliant change from the failed policies of George W Bush we finally saw the death of Osama bin Laden.
[That death would never have come about had it not been for us electing Obama in 2008. We saw for 8 years how the failed polices of George W Bush allowed the worst terrorist attack on American soil and allowed Bin Laden to live out in the open…]
So we have first hand proof that President Obama has the foreign enemies taken care of… so that leaves the unpatriotic right who talk about hoping this nation fails and wanting to take back the government with guns by force. But ‘We the People’ will stand with President Obama against these domestic enemies on the right and keep our nation strong and free.
And as flubs failed to protect Americans from foreign enemies he's guilty of treason.
drink The hive

Anonymous Proxy

#48 Mar 2, 2013
The Most Responsible People In America Are In Big Shit(Over 50')- This Doesn't Tell U Something?...

http://www.ksl.com/...
kjojlkfjlksjlkfa d

Hanoi, Vietnam

#49 Mar 2, 2013
drink The hive wrote:
The Most Responsible People In America Are In Big Shit(Over 50')- This Doesn't Tell U Something?...
http://www.ksl.com/...
it"s plastic!! no so funnie about the pic!!! ;-000

Since: Feb 12

Valdosta, GA

#50 Mar 2, 2013
We need a new Civil war, left against right, to settle this once and for all.
I see them dam idiots on I75 passing thru with Obama stickers on their cars and flipping them just off ain't doing it no more.
Isn't this the end game Obama wants?
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#51 Mar 2, 2013
anneutral wrote:
a compromise would consist of both spending cuts, and new revenue.
not one or the other.
.
history has proven that spending cuts alone will just make a bad situation worse.
.
.
the 2001/2003 tax cuts were meant to be temporary, not permanent.
Gubbermint spending is over 40% of GDP. In 1900, it was less than 5%.

We don't have a "revenue" (Pelosi-speak for taxes) problem. We have a spending problem. The gubbermint has become quite innovative at taxing the public in discrete ways-- corporate tax, sales tax, property tax, liquor tax, excise tax, income tax, employment tax, on and on and on. That's how we got up to 40%+.

The problem is so many people now depend on gubbermint checks they vote in politicians that promise to continue those checks. Remember when unemployment checks were extended to 52 weeks, then 99 weeks because the economy was in such bad shape? Lord Obama says the economy is doing just fine (thanks to him, of course) but is anybody going to discontinue the extra-long unemployment checks?

Of course not. Once you have people lined up and suckling the gubbermint teat, you have Socialist/Democrats for life.
kaljkjsafjljd

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#52 Mar 2, 2013
Headful Of Ghosts wrote:
We need a new Civil war, left against right, to settle this once and for all.
I see them dam idiots on I75 passing thru with Obama stickers on their cars and flipping them just off ain't doing it no more.
Isn't this the end game Obama wants?
;) new meant bi+ble! U dun't wanna dat 2B, just a Lincoln saving BO House!!;-00
OMG

Greeley, CO

#53 Mar 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
When President Obama took the Oath of Office from Chief Justice Roberts I distinctly remember the line:‘protect the nation from enemies FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC’.
Now with Obama’s brilliant change from the failed policies of George W Bush we finally saw the death of Osama bin Laden.
[That death would never have come about had it not been for us electing Obama in 2008. We saw for 8 years how the failed polices of George W Bush allowed the worst terrorist attack on American soil and allowed Bin Laden to live out in the open…]
So we have first hand proof that President Obama has the foreign enemies taken care of… so that leaves the unpatriotic right who talk about hoping this nation fails and wanting to take back the government with guns by force. But ‘We the People’ will stand with President Obama against these domestic enemies on the right and keep our nation strong and free.
So you are still quite insane? Please, Marine, proceed in uniform to the White House and tell them you're reporting for duty, ready to kill Republicans, Tea Party types and conservatives. Then enjoy your padded cell.

Why does Topix let a loon like you keep posting about wanting to murder people? You obviously need psychiatric help.

“Je suis Charlie”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#54 Mar 3, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
The only ones divided are you redeadlicans who hitched their wagons to the freakshow teabaggers and were rejected by voters. Obama has record approval. But your hatred makes you blind to that.
Obama has divided us by: race,religion,sexual orientation, social class,gender, gun-owners, political opinion, tax bracket,foodstamps, Obamaphones, haves/have nots. Now that he has divided and conquered the nation, how is he going to lead?
see the light

El Paso, TX

#55 Mar 3, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are still quite insane? Please, Marine, proceed in uniform to the White House and tell them you're reporting for duty, ready to kill Republicans, Tea Party types and conservatives. Then enjoy your padded cell.
Why does Topix let a loon like you keep posting about wanting to murder people? You obviously need psychiatric help.
He's just mad that the Marines turned him down.
OMG

Greeley, CO

#56 Mar 3, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>He's just mad that the Marines turned him down.
He's just "mad" (insane), period. He's been all over Topix for months, posting adoring love letters to Obama which have gotten increasingly sycophantic and nutty. His diseased mind now believes that his Lord & Master, Obama, will surely notice him if he starts calling for the outright murder of Obama's political opponents.

It won't be long before he starts to act on these crazy obsessions, which is why I can't believe Topix hasn't taken him off their site. MCP has "red flag warning" written all over him. Watch the papers for this nutjob to be involved in something horrific.

“Dow hit 18,000 first time ever”

Since: Jun 07

Obama economics at work.

#57 Mar 3, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
He's just "mad" (insane), period. He's been all over Topix for months, posting adoring love letters to Obama which have gotten increasingly sycophantic and nutty. His diseased mind now believes that his Lord & Master, Obama, will surely notice him if he starts calling for the outright murder of Obama's political opponents.
It won't be long before he starts to act on these crazy obsessions, which is why I can't believe Topix hasn't taken him off their site. MCP has "red flag warning" written all over him. Watch the papers for this nutjob to be involved in something horrific.
LOL, you’re just a bitter loser who hates the fact that I am in pure euphoria because we won… again. Say what you want about me, I stand by everything I post, and that includes supporting the government taking down domestic enemies who hope for failure and would use force to hurt real Americans. I don’t care that it bothers you; the truth hurts, especially when you are on the side of those who are treasonous and against this country.
OMG

Greeley, CO

#58 Mar 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you’re just a bitter loser who hates the fact that I am in pure euphoria because we won… again. Say what you want about me, I stand by everything I post, and that includes supporting the government taking down domestic enemies who hope for failure and would use force to hurt real Americans. I don’t care that it bothers you; the truth hurts, especially when you are on the side of those who are treasonous and against this country.
Pure euphoria, or on the edge of a psychotic break? Wanting to murder people does not qualify as acceptable political behavior in our democracy, even for the winners. I acknowledge Obama as OUR president and respect the office, though I oppose him politically. I want him to lose in the political arena without any violence whatsoever. You, however, have been preaching death, murder and mayhem.

You are ill and need help. Please get some soon. I still don't know why your murderous rants have not gotten you banned from Topix. But, what they hey, there's another so-called liberal who made a racial slur, and they removed the victim's post, leaving his alone.(!?!?) I'm starting to think the moderators are all liberal shills and that Topix is a sham.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#59 Mar 3, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
Gubbermint spending is over 40% of GDP. In 1900, it was less than 5%.
We don't have a "revenue" (Pelosi-speak for taxes) problem. We have a spending problem. The gubbermint has become quite innovative at taxing the public in discrete ways-- corporate tax, sales tax, property tax, liquor tax, excise tax, income tax, employment tax, on and on and on. That's how we got up to 40%+.
The problem is so many people now depend on gubbermint checks they vote in politicians that promise to continue those checks. Remember when unemployment checks were extended to 52 weeks, then 99 weeks because the economy was in such bad shape? Lord Obama says the economy is doing just fine (thanks to him, of course) but is anybody going to discontinue the extra-long unemployment checks?
Of course not. Once you have people lined up and suckling the gubbermint teat, you have Socialist/Democrats for life.
and what is the majority of government spending?
defense.
we spend twice as much as ANY other country on the planet on defense.
why?
.
.
(that unemployment extension crap was a huge mistake, Obama should have allowed those tax cuts to expire back in 2010 instead on negotiating for that extension)

“Dow hit 18,000 first time ever”

Since: Jun 07

Obama economics at work.

#60 Mar 3, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
I still don't know why your murderous rants have not gotten you banned from Topix. But, what they hey, there's another so-called liberal who made a racial slur, and they removed the victim's post, leaving his alone.(!?!?) I'm starting to think the moderators are all liberal shills and that Topix is a sham.
You’re nothing more than a pathetic loser who can’t deal with my perspicacious observations and opinions, so you so desperately want them to go away. If you don’t like what I say, or that Topix allows me to say it, then either ignore my post or go somewhere else and express your loser views where you can read loser thoughts by people who are losers just like you, LOL!

But keep crying to Topix, maybe it will be you who gets banned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Patriot AKA Bozo 50,469
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,174,179
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 14 min Captain Yesterday 2,468
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 21 min woodtick57 305,451
Lynch to face anti-Obama ire at hearing 30 min Lawrence Wolf 27
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 45 min Captain Yesterday 770
U.S. senator threatens aid cut to Palestinians ... 1 hr Asian Guy 79
More from around the web