White House to release legal rational...

White House to release legal rationale for killing of US citizens with drones

There are 182 comments on the The Guardian story from Feb 6, 2013, titled White House to release legal rationale for killing of US citizens with drones. In it, The Guardian reports that:

The White House's decision to release its legal reasoning for the killing of US citizens by armed drones is likely defuse some of the tension at John Brennan's confirmation hearing as CIA director.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#89 Feb 8, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Taking into account the number of mass murders and unpatriotic rhetoric and actions by these unpatriotic right-wing tea-baggers I am all for President Obama being able to send a Drone to take out these enemies of the State.‘We the People’ re-elected President Obama in a landslide so that he could use his mandate to follow through on whatever he sees fit to do to continue to protect this nation from terrorist and kill any bastard (right-wing nut or not) just like how he killed Osama bin Laden.
We the people think you need some help! This is not a dictatorship, we have laws and courts and due process, come on dude, this is right in the Obama wheelhouse! Now all of sudden he is king and messiah? The Unpatriotic one appears to be you and those of your ilk.

Location hidden

#90 Feb 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
When you join a terrorist organization which is plotting attacks on Americans, then you just became an enemy combatant.
So the Demcratic Party, by your definition, now becomes enemie combantants?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#91 Feb 8, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>So the Demcratic Party, by your definition, now becomes enemie combantants?
Nope. But that's the typical stupidity I'd expect from an Obama-hater.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#92 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>So the Demcratic Party, by your definition, now becomes enemie combantants?
Coming from an old school conservative, it is sad to say that currently it is the GOP that is doing the greater harm to the US...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#93 Feb 8, 2013
Calling them something, you can't spell?.....enemy.....lol....

Location hidden

#94 Feb 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. But that's the typical stupidity I'd expect from an Obama-hater.
Sorry, your right it was too easy!! I just dislike all the corruption and lies he and his administration have hoisted upon the American Public!

Location hidden

#95 Feb 8, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Calling them something, you can't spell?.....enemy.....lol....
OH, you and that other dimwit liberal, the Professor, pay more attention to the spelling and grammar versus the message. A great way to get some attention without really having a point!

Location hidden

#96 Feb 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from an old school conservative, it is sad to say that currently it is the GOP that is doing the greater harm to the US...
Woody, 7.9% unemployment, 49 million Americans on Food stamps, gas prices at record highs and almost doubled since 2008. You have a President who goes for months without talking to Congress, and when confronted with a crisis, or his failures, blames everyone else! You would have to give me the definition of "Old School Conservatives" but right now, the radical left wing running this country is doing much more harm than good!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#97 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>OH, you and that other dimwit liberal, the Professor, pay more attention to the spelling and grammar versus the message. A great way to get some attention without really having a point!
.....HERE'S A MESSAGE FOR YOU......PRESIDENT OBAMA WON A SECOND TERM, BECAUSE THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS.......want his leadership......Duh......

St. Croix valley

#98 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>Woody, 7.9% unemployment, 49 million Americans on Food stamps, gas prices at record highs and almost doubled since 2008. You have a President who goes for months without talking to Congress, and when confronted with a crisis, or his failures, blames everyone else! You would have to give me the definition of "Old School Conservatives" but right now, the radical left wing running this country is doing much more harm than good!
it was the democratic party that pulled us out of the mess, remember. after historic job losses we are back to where we were, plus some...in 4 short years...

nice try, but we know what happened, and then there is the social issue where the radical far right of the GOP is trying to send us back to the stone age....jeez, their #2 guy in teh last cycle openly stated he wanted to turn the US into a theocracy! WTF happened to the GOP?!?!
sherm crain

Greenville, NC

#99 Feb 8, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
There is no end to how lawless these Democrats have become. It is worse then a 3rd word country, it is Chicago all over America, totally corrupt. Legalizing drugs, opening the border to the whole world. And supposedly we elected them.
Hey, we got bin-laden didn't we..?? Have we had another 9-11 sounds like you want to go back to bush, an be vulnerable again?!!!!

St. Croix valley

#100 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>OH, you and that other dimwit liberal, the Professor, pay more attention to the spelling and grammar versus the message. A great way to get some attention without really having a point!
i don't think you really want people to do that....your points are worse than your spelling...
asif

Rawalpindi, Pakistan

#101 Feb 8, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting concept. Tell me, how is your Mandarin Chinese language ability these days? You're a lot closer to China than we are, and they need space for their billions of people.
Like Tibet, Pakistan could just be another province of China someday. I doubt India would object.
How's that for the fruits of arrogance?
Well,i am not a Pakistani,but for sure the relationship between china and pakistan is very strong and at its best.
asif

Rawalpindi, Pakistan

#102 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>Woody, 7.9% unemployment, 49 million Americans on Food stamps, gas prices at record highs and almost doubled since 2008. You have a President who goes for months without talking to Congress, and when confronted with a crisis, or his failures, blames everyone else! You would have to give me the definition of "Old School Conservatives" but right now, the radical left wing running this country is doing much more harm than good!
Time to migrate to china.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#103 Feb 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the CIA & FBI.
Not the courts, huh? Thanks for the admission.

St. Croix valley

#104 Feb 8, 2013
asif wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to migrate to china.
you really think it is better there? have you ever been to China?

St. Croix valley

#105 Feb 8, 2013
asif wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,i am not a Pakistani,but for sure the relationship between china and pakistan is very strong and at its best.
Please give specific examples of that....
Silent Echo

Petersburg, VA

#106 Feb 8, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>.....HERE'S A MESSAGE FOR YOU......PRESIDENT OBAMA WON A SECOND TERM, BECAUSE THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS.......want his leadership......Duh......
Actually, no, that majority you talk about wants his hand outs.

St. Croix valley

#108 Feb 8, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, all the republicans on welfare and taking subsidies voted for Obam, huh? If you actually look at the election map, you'll see that all those farmers taking the gov't handouts voted for romney...

guess your theory is based on manure...

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#109 Feb 8, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
Presidents are unable to hand out anything much to anyone. All spending bills go through the House, obviously.

You seem to be deluded...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min sonicfilter 1,278,809
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 11 min -Stray Dog 47,918
News Biden says he's not sure if he will seek presid... 14 min Le Jimbo 11
News U.S. suspects more freed Guantanamo inmates ret... 17 min Cat74 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Rogue Scholar 05 197,184
News White House says Mount McKinley to be renamed D... 17 min Le Jimbo 180
News The Battered Wife Syndrome Of The Human Rights ... (Oct '09) 34 min dGo eDanmd lHoy i... 6
More from around the web