Obama pick for Interior head faces hearing; agency under fire

Mar 6, 2013 Full story: Reuters 41

Outdoor retail executive Sally Jewell, President Barack Obama's pick to lead the U.S. Interior Department, will face her first big public test Thursday in a Senate confirmation hearing as the agency faces criticism of its management of oil and gas lands.

Full Story

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#22 Mar 7, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
The Republicans did not get a chance to admonish President Bush for anything. The Democrats took care of that, and whined, and complained about everything. Now, with the dumbest President we ever had in office the Democrats see no evil, or hear no evil.
The GOPee was a rubber stamp for Bush for 8 years of horrific, incompetent, embarrassing Presidency, but now suddenly rise up and attack and obstruct EVERYTHING Mr. Obama tries to do.

That's partisan hypocrisy at its ugliest. You're pretty damn ugly for supporting it, too.

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#24 Mar 7, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
Doesn't matter who he picks. Like all of his picks for government posts, they will be attacked, smeared, lied about, filibustered, and held up by irresponsible, obstructionist Republicans whose ONLY interest is in hamstringing the Obama Administratino.
GOPee = Party First, America Last
We don't need to hamstring the bozo........he does that all by himself!! The house has sent up several budgets to the senate, many backed by house democrats. The friggen senate leader Ried has sat on them..."we want more taxes!" LMAO

If the GOP house is obstructing nobama from emptying our wallets further than he already has..........God Bless the obstructionists!!

Don't start things you can't finish!!

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#25 Mar 7, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOPee was a rubber stamp for Bush for 8 years of horrific, incompetent, embarrassing Presidency, but now suddenly rise up and attack and obstruct EVERYTHING Mr. Obama tries to do.
That's partisan hypocrisy at its ugliest. You're pretty damn ugly for supporting it, too.
Hey, poofessor bozo.........2006 to 2008 was a full dem congress..the recession started in 2009..

Nobummer has had NOTHING but massive failures in green energy projects, jobs stimulus bills, military matters (no, he didn't kill bin laden)

The full dem congress from 2008-2010 with this president cost each American more from their personal earnings than any time in the history of the USA.

Now, his sequester has backfired on him...blame the republicans!! LMAO

North Korea theatening with missles.....nobama has four US nuclear carriers parked side by side at Norfork.......Pearl Harbor ring a bell..

What is your Phd in? Gullibility?

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#26 Mar 7, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on Prof you're smarter than that man. It happens by the Democrats when there is a Republican POTUS. SOP for these clowns (GOP/DEM) in DC.
During Bush, Reid alone blocked 26 appointee nominations. The Democrats even stated on record in 2001 that they would block every nomination by Bush. Further Obama appointed 4 during a Senate recess. Compared to 2 during Bush.
Also on record is the number of filibusters to block nominees, 84% by Democrats. So if you are going to cast stones it should be at the Democrats, as they have consistently proven they lead in filibuster to block nominees.
Please don't confuse the moron with facts. It makes his winky limp.

Location hidden

#27 Mar 7, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need to hamstring the bozo........he does that all by himself!! The house has sent up several budgets to the senate, many backed by house democrats. The friggen senate leader Ried has sat on them..."we want more taxes!" LMAO
If the GOP house is obstructing nobama from emptying our wallets further than he already has..........God Bless the obstructionists!!
Flash: Obama continues to try and punish America while he him self is acting like a petulant child. Obama announced that White House tours would be cancelled, do to the cut backs on the sequester………WHILE taking 24 vehicles ONE HALF MILE last night to the restaurant to meet republicans. That meal and security cost more that the annual salary of the Head of the White House guides. Obama continues to show he has no clue between what he and his mouth pieces say and what he actually does.

He has a complete White House staff to feed him and guest and the security would have already have been there……….Obama has no idea of how money really works or how much he has added to our debt.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#28 Mar 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Flash: Obama continues to try and punish America while he him self is acting like a petulant child. Obama announced that White House tours would be cancelled, do to the cut backs on the sequester………WHILE taking 24 vehicles ONE HALF MILE last night to the restaurant to meet republicans. That meal and security cost more that the annual salary of the Head of the White House guides. Obama continues to show he has no clue between what he and his mouth pieces say and what he actually does.
He has a complete White House staff to feed him and guest and the security would have already have been there……….Obama has no idea of how money really works or how much he has added to our debt.
wonder what the lobster/wine tab final was?
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#29 Mar 7, 2013
Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
Try getting your facts straight. Both of those events were on Øbama's watch, under Interior Secretary Salazar.
LMAO!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#30 Mar 7, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
wonder what the lobster/wine tab final was?
I called my sister in France, and she said they have a wine for everything virtually, but didn't know what went with the bullchit he was serving.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#31 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
check this out
http://backyardliberty.com/av/index_r4s.php

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#32 Mar 8, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
Doesn't matter who he picks. Like all of his picks for government posts, they will be attacked, smeared, lied about, filibustered, and held up by irresponsible, obstructionist Republicans whose ONLY interest is in hamstringing the Obama Administratino.
GOPee = Party First, America Last
FLASH: Government workers are laid off, tours of the White House canceled.......the sky is falling....but......

Source: Preparations underway for Obama vacation on Martha's Vineyard..........another 3 million in golf and vacations are better funded than Benghazi.

Progress, not Denial

#34 Mar 8, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on Prof you're smarter than that man. It happens by the Democrats when there is a Republican POTUS. SOP for these clowns (GOP/DEM) in DC.
During Bush, Reid alone blocked 26 appointee nominations. The Democrats even stated on record in 2001 that they would block every nomination by Bush. Further Obama appointed 4 during a Senate recess. Compared to 2 during Bush.
Also on record is the number of filibusters to block nominees, 84% by Democrats. So if you are going to cast stones it should be at the Democrats, as they have consistently proven they lead in filibuster to block nominees.
And you're smarter than to excuse GOPee behavior by saying "they do it, too!!!"

Progress, not Denial

#35 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey, poofessor bozo.........2006 to 2008 was a full dem congress..the recession started in 2009..
....EDITED....
No reason to dig further into the pile of bullshit than that...

Location hidden

#37 Mar 8, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
No reason to dig further into the pile of bullshit than that...
It's why most pass your post by.......

Progress, not Denial

#38 Mar 8, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not excusing anyone Prof. I am pointing out that you implied the GOP as the only offender, which is untrue. And I cited examples. Whether or not either of us like it, it is a reality.
There will be issues where the Republicans are more often to blame, and issues where Democrats are more often at fault. This is one of those where Democrats lead in blocking nominations.
Doesn't make it right, does not justify anything, and is not making excuses for either side. Please don't twist my words, and I will avoid same.
Hmmm, OK. I do agree both sides are playing games and have been doing so for far too long. I was certainly not trying to imply that only Repubbies were guilty.

Progress, not Denial

#39 Mar 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>It's why most pass your post by.......
Just like you "pass by" all of my posts, huh?

Oh, wait....:)

Location hidden

#40 Mar 8, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like you "pass by" all of my posts, huh?
Oh, wait....:)
You poor low information occupier, you are still struggling for importance. The KEY word pookie was most, and yes for most of your moronic post I pass them by, but some do require me to straghten out your lies.
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#41 Mar 8, 2013
Obama captures OBL son-in-law.

Just not workin' out for connie, is she?

Progress, not Denial

#42 Mar 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>You poor low information occupier, you are still struggling for importance. The KEY word pookie was most, and yes for most of your moronic post I pass them by, but some do require me to straghten out your lies.
ANOTHER post of mine you couldn't "pass by," and yet here you are, still claiming you pass them by. And caling ME a "liar" falsely.

You've never once proven I lied about ANYTHING. That makes YOU a liar. Dismissed, Puddin.

Location hidden

#43 Mar 8, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
Obama captures OBL son-in-law.
Just not workin' out for connie, is she?
Taking him to NY for trial..........not GITMO where a proper debriefing could be done. More of the obama inexperience. This just makes those in NY a target........elections have consequences.

Location hidden

#44 Mar 8, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
ANOTHER post of mine you couldn't "pass by," and yet here you are, still claiming you pass them by. And caling ME a "liar" falsely.
You've never once proven I lied about ANYTHING. That makes YOU a liar. Dismissed, Puddin.
I told you most pookie. Do I need to add the definition of Most so you will get the drift. I won't ignore you as you would like us to do, because you make a fool of your daily.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 4 min KiMerde 2,834
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min POPS 1,153,891
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Cheech the Conser... 293,532
Obama: Keystone benefits for U.S. consumers, wo... 14 min tha Professor 3
Ruble crisis could shake Putin's grip on power 16 min Lawrence Wolf 63
Black Captain America leading comic book diversity 22 min Kid_Tomorrow 20
Graham Balks at Funding U.S. Embassy in Cuba 32 min kuda 12
More from around the web