Connecticut passes strictest gun cont...

Connecticut passes strictest gun control laws in US as Obama's reforms stall

There are 1562 comments on the Guardian Unlimited story from Apr 4, 2013, titled Connecticut passes strictest gun control laws in US as Obama's reforms stall. In it, Guardian Unlimited reports that:

A makeshift memorial to the victims of the massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, which has reignited the national debate on gun control.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Guardian Unlimited.

hal

Maringouin, LA

#638 Apr 9, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
President Obamaís legacy is already memorialized in stone as possibly our greatest President - from single-handedly finding and killing Osama bin Laden to HCR to pulling our economy from the edge of total collapse and turning it around causing the Stock Market to rocket pass historic levels. So everything from this point forward is just gravy.
He will be seen as the President who got gun safety laws enacted even if all the reforms donít happen in the next 4 years. And that is what makes this historic Nobel Peace Prize President a Legend.
you and obama will both be in a stone tomb with a legacy of being the worst traitors to america in history!fort hood killings will help with that!hope these tombs will be used sooner than later?we can put here lies a marine imposter on your grave stone and a muslim brotherhood lover on his majestys!!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#639 Apr 9, 2013
Gun Control Does Not Work wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Bill of Rights exists for the State? No due process, no right to self incrimination, no right to be secure in your home against unreasonable searches?
I never said that. Of course you're too stupid to understand it.

The right to own a gun existed ONLY in the context of being part of a state militia.

That's why women could be banned from buying guns; they right didn't extend to them.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#640 Apr 9, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
The ruling of the 'court' is not necessary when it is PLAINLY stipulated in We The People's Constitution:
"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed".
So simple, that even a moron such as yourself should have no problem understanding it.
So then I can own a fully automatic machine gun without any govt restrictions whatsoever? As well as bazookas and rpgs? And of course I can carry them fully loaded anywhere anytime? I can take them into govt buildings & churches & even into prison to when I'm someone?

Because if not, then my rights are being infringed!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#641 Apr 9, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
The ruling of the 'court' is not necessary when it is PLAINLY stipulated in We The People's Constitution:
"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed".
So simple, that even a moron such as yourself should have no problem understanding it.
Btw, the ACTUAL text is:

"A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Notice how you conveniently left out half the words because they didn't fit your narrative?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#642 Apr 9, 2013
So because we need to be able to raise a militia, we need the people to have arms.

That need no longer exists, so the 2nd amendment is moot.
myth

Charlestown, IN

#643 Apr 9, 2013
Actually The Constitution is quite clear . The first part of the Constitution dealt with Government rights the Amendments deal with Citizens . Under the Crown the amendments would have been omitted .. Let me try to explain the 2nd amendment ... A militia is a band of citizens that are not a part of the Military . In case the Constitution or the soil of the US is in need of defense , the people may be called upon and if all they have are single shot muskets against an invading army with fully automatic arms then bye country . What do you gun grabbers think would havehappened if in 1776 all the guns were at an arsenal ? And the invaders took over the arsenal ? Without arms we are slaves .You may be looking for a Reason why the Constitution is cocise . It is written in Legalese . The reasons for the Constitution can be found in the framers personal writiings , which may be very lengthy for the Constitution .
Gun Control Does Not Work

Seymour, CT

#646 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that. Of course you're too stupid to understand it.
The right to own a gun existed ONLY in the context of being part of a state militia.
That's why women could be banned from buying guns; they right didn't extend to them.
Duh... I get it now, the liberal socialist get to pick which Amendments apply and which don't. Kind of like you do with laws and everything else. Well sheepsh it thank God that the Supreme Court agrees with me and not you.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#648 Apr 9, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
MEANINGLESS.
No, spooge monkey.

Justice Scalia was speaking for the majority of the Supreme Court.

What you say and what you think are meaningless.
Gun Control Does Not Work

Seymour, CT

#649 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
So because we need to be able to raise a militia, we need the people to have arms.
That need no longer exists, so the 2nd amendment is moot.
Hey sheepsh it I just noticed that you have over 41,000 posts. That is a huge amount of time. Either your a paid blogger for the Obama administration or you are living off the welfare state.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#650 Apr 9, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
-Thomas Jefferson,
Thomas Jefferson, slave owner, and never a Supreme Court Justice.

Dead 175 years.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#651 Apr 9, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
W This serves as a great example of the difference between thinking with your head, and acting based on what your heart tells you..
... along with that packing of that warm/hot/cold gun.
myth

Charlestown, IN

#652 Apr 9, 2013
hal wrote:
<quoted text>you and obama will both be in a stone tomb with a legacy of being the worst traitors to america in history!fort hood killings will help with that!hope these tombs will be used sooner than later?we can put here lies a marine imposter on your grave stone and a muslim brotherhood lover on his majestys!!
muslims ? That is a religion NOT a Political party . You fail to see the string pullers are Zionists . That is politics not a religion . USA was founded on religious freedom . 1st Amendment , read it . It is the Zionists who have been undermining every sovereign nation and trying to take power by the United Nations . The United Nations is not a country and has no loyalty to any flag . It is a group of pirates . They have no religious beliefs though they may say they are "spiritual" .They like Sarah Palin believe it is their gods will for the Zionists to rule the world and not allow cultures or individuality . They already own the money you spend . They have outlawed the Barter System .Zionists not muslims or other religion, not democrats or republicans . Zionists .
Gun Control Does Not Work

Seymour, CT

#653 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So then I can own a fully automatic machine gun without any govt restrictions whatsoever? As well as bazookas and rpgs? And of course I can carry them fully loaded anywhere anytime? I can take them into govt buildings & churches & even into prison to when I'm someone?
Because if not, then my rights are being infringed!
Under Heller the decision indicates that "common weapons" cannot be banned. With around 5 to 8 million AR platforms in private hands, I would call that common.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#654 Apr 9, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
"In 1619, the colony of Virginia]
USA born in 1776.

You are a very stupid uneducated yellow spooge monkey, GayDavy.
myth

Charlestown, IN

#655 Apr 9, 2013
Gun Control Does Not Work wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sheepsh it I just noticed that you have over 41,000 posts. That is a huge amount of time. Either your a paid blogger for the Obama administration or you are living off the welfare state.
How many books did Isaac Asimov write ? a hundred ? A thousand ? Ten thousand ?

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#656 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, the ACTUAL text is:
"A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Notice how you conveniently left out half the words because they didn't fit your narrative?
How is it you never have read the words : " the right of the people "?
Gun Control Does Not Work

Seymour, CT

#657 Apr 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Jefferson, slave owner, and never a Supreme Court Justice.
Dead 175 years.
Jefferson was actually an opponent to slavery, and he drafted the first legislation in 1789 to stop slave importation into Virginia.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#658 Apr 9, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Congress have no power to disarm the militia.
Congress has every power to disarm the militia.

You should try reading SOMETHING you copy and paste.
Gun Control Does Not Work

Seymour, CT

#659 Apr 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
USA born in 1776.
You are a very stupid uneducated yellow spooge monkey, GayDavy.
David is right on the money with his well thought out and educated postings. You, however, are an azz clown.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#660 Apr 9, 2013
Gun Control Does Not Work wrote:
David is right on the money
I would say that the current Supreme Court Justices know more than GayDavy who confused the English bill of Rights with the US bill of rights, and apparently isn't aware we are in the 21st century.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,250,146
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Learn to Read 191,837
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 16 min Taletha 332,297
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Progressive 53,902
News Michelle Obama to promote girl education in mor... 1 hr Miss Id 9
News Gangs of youths rampage for 3rd day in Greece (Dec '08) 1 hr Jaimie 724
News Obama proposal would make 5 million more eligib... 1 hr tipsnsips 22
More from around the web