People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

Jan 17, 2013 Full story: Reuters 4,995

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Full Story
Straight Shooter

Oaxaca, Mexico

#1869 Feb 2, 2013
TerryE wrote:
Thank you for citing this, "Revolt in Anthens, Tenn. in 1946" It is the first time I had heard of it. A wonderful example of people resisting corrupt govt!
Sic semper Tyrannis!
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
The time is now upon us a nation of law abiding citizens to revolt and do away with the scumbag liberal politicians and restore dignity to America. Chiseling on the 2nd Amendment is a crime of treason. Remaining complacent is not the answer. If our weapons of self defense are taken or infringed upon in any manner we are lost. As so many millions who now live under tyrannical suppresion and are nothing more than pawns of the elite power segment of maggots!
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#1870 Feb 2, 2013
Straight Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
The time is now upon us a nation of law abiding citizens to revolt and do away with the scumbag liberal politicians and restore dignity to America. Chiseling on the 2nd Amendment is a crime of treason. Remaining complacent is not the answer. If our weapons of self defense are taken or infringed upon in any manner we are lost. As so many millions who now live under tyrannical suppresion and are nothing more than pawns of the elite power segment of maggots!
Such an outrage hasn't been spoken since the created, sponsored, passed and signed "Patriot" Act.

Where was the "outrage" then?

Poor nutjob teabagger.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#1871 Feb 2, 2013
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw you!!!!!!If you can't take the heat, don't post idiotic statements, get out.
Who can't "take the heat" here? If this is "heat" in your world, it explains everything. You'd be wise to take your own advice.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1872 Feb 2, 2013
Straight Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
The time is now upon us a nation of law abiding citizens to revolt and do away
Get out of my country.

Try not to stop school buses and kidnap autistic children for human shields on your way out.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#1873 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You could list several hundred more things that have nothing to do with the crime rate.
Dick.
PS: for what it is worth: when the same gun nut buys two more guns to add to the six guns he already has, the only impact it has on crime is when the stupid sot has his house burglarized and his guns stolen, it would be adding to the problem, not taking it away.
In the end- when he shoots his wife and kills his family- it doesn't mater so much that he still has four guns he didn't use.
bwahahahahahahaha, I'm so full up, I need a second gun vault! You're so funny, footinyourmouth 2626

Location hidden

#1874 Feb 2, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
You're so funny, footinyourmouth 2626
Better foot in mouth than Froth in mouth, eh, Dick?

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#1875 Feb 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>People don't know the difference between the Dow and the economy. We had negative growth last quarter. One more negative growth and we will be in the Obama recession
Why don't6 you state specifically why there was negative growth you idiot?

Why?

Here's why Sparky - defense spending was cut 22% dingleberry;

""All areas combined were cut 18% on average, with Republicans cutting 12% and Democrats 22%," the study notes. Most participants were surprised by the level of America's defence spending when it was held up against the rest of the discretionary budget, historical levels of spending, and the defence spending of other nations. A previous poll showed similar results—support for defence cuts—when participants were informed about the comparable size of the 31 largest categories in the federal discretionary budget."

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyiname...

Too bad you right wing imbeciles always claim "government doesn't create jobs" - but boy do you guyys cry foul when defense spending is cut, automatically claiming "JOBS WILL BE LOST!!!"

You guys can't have one without the other.
Rebel Against Tyranny

Grand Haven, MI

#1877 Feb 2, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Murder is down 10,000 murders a year in this country since 1992, serious and violent crimes are down by more than 50% over the same period and this includes juvenile offenders as well, in spite of;
1) more violent video games,
2) more people populating the country, and,
3) almost double the firearms in private possession, including the prevalence of so called "assault rifles" and larger capacity magazines.
Your moral decay of society argument fails based on easily provable facts.
I wasn't saying that societal decay is causing an uptick in the overall murder rate. I meant that societal decay is responsible for things like the increase in the ghetto "thug" culture and the increase in the extreme, horrifying nature of modern mass-murders. It's also allowed & promoted through ignorance the cancer known as Progressivism to gain popularity through the lies of moral equivalency.

Honestly, I don't see movies, TV, and violent video games as the problem. Young people can handle and process those things as the fiction they are IF they have been brought up within an environment that doesn't denigrate religion and reinforces a code of moral behavior and thought.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1879 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Get out of my country.
Try not to stop school buses and kidnap autistic children for human shields on your way out.
Well said
unfortunatly some of these 'patriots' have read 'The Turner diaries" Too many times.
So they think they are doing their duty as a loyal American when they park that rented truck filled with fertilizer on a crowded city street corner
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#1881 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look how well this woman's gun was used in Newtowne to turn children into hamburger, Donglicker.
A tiny-dicked toy for tiny-dicked boys with no positive social attributes.
Shouldn't you be out aborting babies so no one can shoot them in a class room?

Location hidden

#1882 Feb 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be out aborting babies
Shouldn't you be reporting to the police to change the batteries in your ankle bracelet?
downhill246 wrote:
Ah, personal attacks are signs of a weak argument. You are easy.
alan

Livonia, LA

#1883 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be reporting to the police to change the batteries in your ankle bracelet?
<quoted text>
what you should be doing is talking your crap with some of the pro gun people instead of hiding behind your computer!barefruity, many dont agree with your opinion!you are a little girly man thats seems afraid of guns?people dont need guns to simply beat the life out of you with their hands?then again thats why youre the barefruit!!you think you can suck your way out of anything?

Location hidden

#1884 Feb 2, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>what you should be doing is talking your crap with some of the pro gun people
I have taken directly to the gun owners when I started a petition drive to require background checks in all government buildings in my county a long time before it was (finally) required by state law.

And I was the ONLY one there on my side of the table because the fair board managers called in the NRA who showed up in force.

It seems that pusseeies with guns are still pusseeies.

And I'd stomp on you like a the m/f cockroach you are, alan, and scrap you off the bottom of my shoe like dogsh!t that I don't want to track into the porch.
alan

Livonia, LA

#1885 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have taken directly to the gun owners when I started a petition drive to require background checks in all government buildings in my county a long time before it was (finally) required by state law.
And I was the ONLY one there on my side of the table because the fair board managers called in the NRA who showed up in force.
It seems that pusseeies with guns are still pusseeies.
And I'd stomp on you like a the m/f cockroach you are, alan, and scrap you off the bottom of my shoe like dogsh!t that I don't want to track into the porch.
when would you like to discuss this face to face?talk is over so lets do it!!!

Location hidden

#1886 Feb 3, 2013
alan wrote:
when would you like to discuss this face to face?talk is over so lets do it!!!
I'll call next time I'm in town.

Maybe you can get the time off from the brothel you work in?
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#1887 Feb 3, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>what you should be doing is talking your crap with some of the pro gun people instead of hiding behind your computer!barefruity, many dont agree with your opinion!you are a little girly man thats seems afraid of guns?people dont need guns to simply beat the life out of you with their hands?then again thats why youre the barefruit!!you think you can suck your way out of anything?
Alan, this person has several names. Even argues with himself/herself/itself. Knows everything. Writes like is rich beyond everyone else. Yet the TOPIX forums is the domain he/she/it chooses to spend all its time on. The saying "what goes around comes around" is not set in stone. But it does happen more often then not. Many of us have screwed up. And have taken the slings and arrows from it. This one evidently has not. Or perhaps has taken crap from everyone in life and finds solace in ripping everyone apart. Either way, he/she/it does more for the opposition then the progressives. For in the end, he/she/it will lose if being a progressive Dem is his truth. This era is a chapter in a book not finished. When the time comes, welcome friendship from like minded practical people no matter what their political views. And of these scum, shun them and tell them to leave. And if they force themselves on you, kill them for they will try to do the same.
Brown Girl in the Ring

UK

#1888 Feb 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll call next time I'm in town.
Maybe you can get the time off from the brothel you work in?
funny. i like a lot.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1889 Feb 3, 2013
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw you!!!!!!If you can't take the heat, don't post idiotic statements, get out.
WHO DOES'NT ADMIRE SUCH BRAVERY.....from the safety and security of your anonymous keyboard, across the globe......

“KONA, baby!”

Since: Jul 08

Jacksonville, FL

#1890 Feb 3, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>WHO DOES'NT ADMIRE SUCH BRAVERY.....from the safety and security of your anonymous keyboard, across the globe......
Posted by someone with no name and a hidden location. The hypocracy is strong with you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1891 Feb 3, 2013
Lake Worth, Fl.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min sonicfilter 1,173,340
Obama drops plans to scale back college savings... 5 min Michael and Dufus 2
Who is the worst president since WWII ? (Jul '14) 5 min barefoot2626 1,306
In parting shot, Obama prods India on religious... 6 min Cordwainer Trout 19
Live Video and Chatter: Loretta Lynch Confirmat... 6 min Michael and Dufus 4
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min The Friendly Poster 304,892
Michelle Obama shakes hands with Saudi king 7 min Responsibility 2
More from around the web