People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

Jan 17, 2013 Full story: Reuters 4,995

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Full Story

“Denny Crain”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1782 Jan 31, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>So far in Obama's presidency, there have been over 78,000 felons turnned down for failing a background check. It is a felony for a felon to attempt to purchase a weapon. To date, Holder nor the Obama administration have arrested or prosicuted any of the 78,000. Ignoring the law again, while proposing more.
What do you expect. The ignored the laws and flooded Mexico with guns

“Denny Crain”

Location hidden

#1783 Jan 31, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ruby Ridge
On about August 24, 1992, the fourth day of the siege on the Weaver family, FBI Deputy Assistant Director Danny Coulson wrote a memo:
OPR 004477
Something to Consider
1. Charge against Weaver is Bull Shit.
2. No one saw Weaver do any shooting.
3. Vicki has no charges against her.
4. Weaver's defense. He ran down the hill to see what dog was
barking at. Some guys in camys shot his dog.
Started shooting at him. Killed his son. Harris did the
shooting [of Degan]. He [Weaver] is in pretty strong legal position."[50]
Both the internal 1994 Ruby Ridge Task Force Report and the public 1995 Senate subcommittee report on Ruby Ridge criticized the rules of engagement as unconstitutional.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge
"Last August 15,(1995) the Justice Department announced that it was paying the surviving Weaver family members $3.1 million to settle their wrongful-death lawsuit against the federal government."
Don't confuse him with facts. They had shoot to kill orders

“Denny Crain”

Location hidden

#1784 Jan 31, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>In Viet Nam, the point men were sometimes issued 12 gage pump shot guns. Is that an assault weapon also now?
If it has a pistol grip yes it is under the proposed law

“Denny Crain”

Location hidden

#1785 Jan 31, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, bangers and mash must be a lot more healthy than a burger.
I go to England every year and I hate there tasteless sausage. Now the bacon is fantastic
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#1786 Jan 31, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm aware of those facts, thank you. I've read the article too.
I'm talking about how more guns equal more confrontations. If they'd confront Walker as they did, what do you think they'd do if YOU showed up for a meeting with feds carrying a loaded assault rifle?
THINK.
Probably the same thing they would do if I showed up with a finely honed Samurai sword. They get a bit nervous when they aren't the only ones with weapons.

“KONA, baby!”

Since: Jul 08

Jacksonville, FL

#1789 Jan 31, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Obama called it an "act of terror" the very next day. As with most Righties, you worry more about what the President said than what the terrorists DID.
The only "lies" here are your own.
And for the next two weeks, he claimed it was a spontaneous uprising due to a web videos released 3/4 months before. Which lie should I believe, his or yours?
Imhotep

United States

#1790 Jan 31, 2013
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee today, National Rifle Association C.E.O. Wayne LaPierre warned that the N.R.A. would vigorously oppose any legislation that “limits the sale, purchase, or ownership of politicians.”

“Politicians pose no danger to the public if used correctly,” said Mr. LaPierre, who claims to have over two hundred politicians in his personal collection.“Everyone hears about the bad guys in Congress. Well, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a vote is a good guy with a vote. I’m proud to be the owner of many of those guys.”

Mr. LaPierre’s comments drew a sharp rebuke from Carol Foyler, a politician-control advocate who has spent the past twelve years lobbying for stricter limits on the sale of politicians.

“Right now, a man like Wayne LaPierre can walk right into Congress and buy any politician he wants,” she said.“There’s no background check, no waiting period. And so hundreds of politicians are falling into the hands of people who are unstable and, quite frankly, dangerous.”

In addition to limiting the sale of politicians, Ms. Foyler said, it is time for society to take a look at the “sheer number” of politicians in the U.S.:“There’s no doubt that we would be safer if there were fewer of them.”

For his part, the N.R.A. leader ended his testimony by serving notice that he would “resist any attempt” to take away the hundreds of elected officials he says are legally his.

As if to illustrate that point, he clutched Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) close to his chest and bellowed,“From my cold, dead hands.”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1792 Jan 31, 2013
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there any "real" Sandy Hook parents or just actors?
Why don't you go back to your flying saucer blog, Vince?

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#1793 Jan 31, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
Obama would save more children if he'd ban abortions, about 3,200 children a day in the US.
Thank Allah even Czar Obama can not over rule the Supreme Court but he is trying.

Don't Tread On Me

#1795 Jan 31, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee today, National Rifle Association C.E.O. Wayne LaPierre warned that the N.R.A. would vigorously oppose any legislation that “limits the sale, purchase, or ownership of politicians.”
“Politicians pose no danger to the public if used correctly,” said Mr. LaPierre, who claims to have over two hundred politicians in his personal collection.“Everyone hears about the bad guys in Congress. Well, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a vote is a good guy with a vote. I’m proud to be the owner of many of those guys.”
Mr. LaPierre’s comments drew a sharp rebuke from Carol Foyler, a politician-control advocate who has spent the past twelve years lobbying for stricter limits on the sale of politicians.
“Right now, a man like Wayne LaPierre can walk right into Congress and buy any politician he wants,” she said.“There’s no background check, no waiting period. And so hundreds of politicians are falling into the hands of people who are unstable and, quite frankly, dangerous.”
In addition to limiting the sale of politicians, Ms. Foyler said, it is time for society to take a look at the “sheer number” of politicians in the U.S.:“There’s no doubt that we would be safer if there were fewer of them.”
For his part, the N.R.A. leader ended his testimony by serving notice that he would “resist any attempt” to take away the hundreds of elected officials he says are legally his.
As if to illustrate that point, he clutched Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) close to his chest and bellowed,“From my cold, dead hands.”
From my cold dead hands as well.

Was WW II so long ago that we have forgotten the lessons ?

Central NJ

#1797 Feb 1, 2013
Read my profile! I am hardly what you'd call a "Macho type" but I still support the second amendment of our wonderful Constitution! I think people who want to enslave themselves by disarming themselves and giving the Govt a monopoly on power, are mentally disturbed.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Regards, Terri
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Military style - resembling weapons built for the military. Don't be so damn obtuse.
Your definitions are simple-minded, as befits a gun nut and self-styled macho type. And your attitude towards the government borders on the seditious.
If you don't like it, just leave. Don't stink it up for the REST of us.

Central NJ

#1798 Feb 1, 2013
Don't be too sure about that! How about that creep John Roberts caving in on "Obamacare". He said he had a change of heart! More likely he got a midnight call from one of Obama's thugs.
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Thank Allah even Czar Obama can not over rule the Supreme Court but he is trying.

Don't Tread On Me

#1799 Feb 1, 2013
TerryE wrote:
Don't be too sure about that! How about that creep John Roberts caving in on "Obamacare". He said he had a change of heart! More likely he got a midnight call from one of Obama's thugs.
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
Good Point !
Straight Shooter

Oaxaca, Mexico

#1800 Feb 1, 2013
Nobody NEEDS a corvette or a Ferrari but it WAS nice living in a country where that was ones choice. I dearñy love my firearms and will never !register" a single one for the liberal communist control freaks proposing such shit. Rather have my cold daed hands pried. And in that situation the opposing forces will pry quite a few also. You can count on it! Guerilla warfare tactics will be imposed.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1801 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>Good Point !
Yeah, pointy head.....Obama's thugs?....lol.....

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1802 Feb 1, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, the majority of the voters in this country do not fear their government. The logical and healthy thing for anyone who does fear it is to leave. Plain and simple. The people spoke and it wasn't what you monster idiots wanted to hear. Tough sh!t. There's not one thing you can do about it other than your typical repugnantcan lying, cheating, stealing and losing. Most of what you write is nonsense because everyone knows it's just the ranting and raving of a poor loser. Same old, same old.
IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family......are you ready for your reward pookie?

Location hidden

#1803 Feb 1, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I go to England every year and I hate there tasteless sausage. Now the bacon is fantastic
Funny, I was doing research yesterday and found the old Bed and Breakfast I used to stay in Cambridge at. It has been turned into a hotel now by hooking three of the multi level homes together. I lived in England for a little over three years and now my daughter has married into an English family. Still love the fish and chips, but only if it is fresh cod.

Location hidden

#1804 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>From my cold dead hands as well.
Was WW II so long ago that we have forgotten the lessons ?
It is really too bad that thousands have died for this country to maintain its constitution and freedoms, and then we let some little maggots with a bag of candy do more damage than Hitler or Stalin did together. The little maggots first divided the country and then started their class warfare. With out the maggots our wounds would heal.

Location hidden

#1805 Feb 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go back to your flying saucer blog, Vince?
If we want to read more regurgitated crap, we will pull your string Orca.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#1806 Feb 1, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
fux news fires palin....

fux ratings lowest in 12 years....

militant conservatism on the run.

hahahahahahahahahaha

AUtisticcry-a-thon: Day 87

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min jacques Ottawa 179,350
US Ebola Crisis Is A Media Myth, Claims Obama 7 min MITT from URANUS 54
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 8 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 46
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Incognito4Ever 1,126,227
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 11 min Reverend Alan 1,543
Record number of black candidates seeking office 13 min Swedenforever 29
Boehner Moving Toward Late-July House Vote on O... 19 min kuda 8

Barack Obama People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE