People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

Jan 17, 2013 Full story: Reuters 4,995

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Full Story

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#1758 Jan 31, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ruby Ridge
On about August 24, 1992, the fourth day of the siege on the Weaver family, FBI Deputy Assistant Director Danny Coulson wrote a memo:
OPR 004477
Something to Consider
1. Charge against Weaver is Bull Shit.
2. No one saw Weaver do any shooting.
3. Vicki has no charges against her.
4. Weaver's defense. He ran down the hill to see what dog was
barking at. Some guys in camys shot his dog.
Started shooting at him. Killed his son. Harris did the
shooting [of Degan]. He [Weaver] is in pretty strong legal position."[50]
Both the internal 1994 Ruby Ridge Task Force Report and the public 1995 Senate subcommittee report on Ruby Ridge criticized the rules of engagement as unconstitutional.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge
"Last August 15,(1995) the Justice Department announced that it was paying the surviving Weaver family members $3.1 million to settle their wrongful-death lawsuit against the federal government."
I'm aware of those facts, thank you. I've read the article too.

I'm talking about how more guns equal more confrontations. If they'd confront Walker as they did, what do you think they'd do if YOU showed up for a meeting with feds carrying a loaded assault rifle?

THINK.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#1759 Jan 31, 2013
NoMoreUSA wrote:
Looks like the Pedofessor has ran off to his hole again! Guess he likes hiding out in that rat hole.
Aw, and if you read this you miserable liberal piece of shit get out and stay out, because the only thing your gonna get on here by me and the rest of these good people is the shit kicked out 'ya. When one of our Patriots finds your sorry ass please do attempt to plead your case to them so you can see firsthand just exactly how much we care about you and your fucked up cause...you'll have a second or two to see it if that long!
LOL! OMG, that is funny. You really are full of yourself, aren't you?

Which is to say, full of shit...:)
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#1760 Jan 31, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! OMG, that is funny. You really are full of yourself, aren't you?
Which is to say, full of shit...:)
What the hell are you talking about, Saul?
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#1761 Jan 31, 2013
Brown Girl in the Ring wrote:
<quoted text>
...and Ronald mcdonald should be arrested for crimes against the nation
Does Ronald force feed you? Are you that irresponsible that you can't make your own decisions

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1763 Jan 31, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep track of whether people that adopt are pro life, pro choice or uncommitted?
Yes, and our studies show, the pro-lifers aren't holding up their end.....
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#1764 Jan 31, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm aware of those facts, thank you. I've read the article too.
I'm talking about how more guns equal more confrontations. If they'd confront Walker as they did, what do you think they'd do if YOU showed up for a meeting with feds carrying a loaded assault rifle?
THINK.
So the answer is to roll over and fear your own government.

In what contry were you raised?
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#1765 Jan 31, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawwnnn...another angry, insolent right-wing internet tough guy whining about things long past and done with and trying to shout down someone else's freedom of speech. Gee, you hardly ever see any of THOSE around here.
(rolls eyes)
You have only as much "freedom" of speech as your government deems permissible.

p.s. the Right didn't create the so-called "Fairmess Doctrine". In fact, Leftists like Nutty Pelosi think it's perfectly OK to restrict free speech in the broadcast context.
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#1766 Jan 31, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Military style - resembling weapons built for the military. Don't be so damn obtuse.
Your definitions are simple-minded, as befits a gun nut and self-styled macho type. And your attitude towards the government borders on the seditious.
If you don't like it, just leave. Don't stink it up for the REST of us.
"resembling weapons built for the military"

So what?

"And your attitude towards the government borders on the seditious."

LMAO, Mr First Amendment. Oh yes, you must have received your "opinion" from the Constitutional Lecturer in Chief.

"If you don't like it, just leave. Don't stink it up for the REST of us"

Sorry Nancy, I'm an AMERICAN, and you are a leftist WEASEL. So YOU can beat it if you don't uphold the Constitution.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1767 Jan 31, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>It is already illegal for a felon to have a gun so you want only the criminals armed
So far in Obama's presidency, there have been over 78,000 felons turnned down for failing a background check. It is a felony for a felon to attempt to purchase a weapon. To date, Holder nor the Obama administration have arrested or prosicuted any of the 78,000. Ignoring the law again, while proposing more.

Location hidden

#1768 Jan 31, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Military style - resembling weapons built for the military. Don't be so damn obtuse.
Your definitions are simple-minded, as befits a gun nut and self-styled macho type. And your attitude towards the government borders on the seditious.
If you don't like it, just leave. Don't stink it up for the REST of us.
In Viet Nam, the point men were sometimes issued 12 gage pump shot guns. Is that an assault weapon also now?
Brown Girl in the Ring

London, UK

#1769 Jan 31, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Ronald force feed you? Are you that irresponsible that you can't make your own decisions
I'd die first before ingesting any of that fast food crap. The fact that people take children to mcdonalds because they can't be bothered to cook a decent meal for them well as far as Im concerned they may as well place a gun in their hand.

Location hidden

#1770 Jan 31, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and our studies show, the pro-lifers aren't holding up their end.....
When a culture is no longer viable, people adopt from Hati, Asia, Russia and Europe. Who wants to try and change 400 years of whining. Maybe you need to abort more, or keep the ammunition flowing.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#1771 Jan 31, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in high school in NY in the 70's , my school, and numerous others, had rifle teams (.22 rimfire target rifles). No one ever used one in anger or insanity, except at paper targets.
Don't think even Limbaugh would spin the Newtown kids as "paper targets"?

Location hidden

#1772 Jan 31, 2013
Brown Girl in the Ring wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd die first before ingesting any of that fast food crap. The fact that people take children to mcdonalds because they can't be bothered to cook a decent meal for them well as far as Im concerned they may as well place a gun in their hand.
Yep, bangers and mash must be a lot more healthy than a burger.
Brown Girl in the Ring

London, UK

#1773 Jan 31, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, bangers and mash must be a lot more healthy than a burger.
Processed meat? No i don't think so same shit different gravy
Brown Girl in the Ring

London, UK

#1776 Jan 31, 2013
NoMoreUSA wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wait until then, why no go ahead and die now? Why fight it? Please do! That'll keep your sorry ass out of buisness that doesn;t concern you!
yr just a rancid dog with no understanding of the global market and world affairs so stay inside yr trailer or jump in the creek and have a wash because i can smell you from here.

“Denny Crain”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1777 Jan 31, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no blanket "shoot to kill" order given. The case was bungled to some extent by the Feds, as was Waco, but Walker and family could have simply talked to their attorney, arranged a surrender, and walked out peacefully. His own hatred and fear of the government actually worked against his cause and against his family.
And the government recognized its own agencies' failures after an investigation, disciplining some of its people and reaching large monetary settlements with the Walker family. Did they do enough to punish the guilty? No. But don't pretend this was some sort of conspiracy by the government. It wasn't, anymore than Waco was.
Only through the law can you deal with things like Waco or Ruby Ridge. More people with assault rifles will NOT prevent such events, in fact they'd only encourage them.
Yes when a FBI agent comes on your land and kills your 12 year old kid and shoots you wife holding a baby in the head is makes you anxious to arrange a surrender. They had shoot to kill orders right after the first FBI agent was shot. They promoted the head agent involved. Randy Weaver was given millions of dollars but I think he would have rather had his wife and child alive. You come on my land and shoot my dog and you might get shot. The agent shot the dog in front of the kid and the kid shot back. They were on his land when it happened. The sniper who shot Mrs Weaver in the head claimed it was an accidental discharge

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#1778 Jan 31, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So the answer is to roll over and fear your own government.
In what contry were you raised?
Obviously, the majority of the voters in this country do not fear their government. The logical and healthy thing for anyone who does fear it is to leave. Plain and simple. The people spoke and it wasn't what you monster idiots wanted to hear. Tough sh!t. There's not one thing you can do about it other than your typical repugnantcan lying, cheating, stealing and losing. Most of what you write is nonsense because everyone knows it's just the ranting and raving of a poor loser. Same old, same old.

“Denny Crain”

Location hidden

#1779 Jan 31, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're on drugs. Waco involved a dangerous, heavily-armed cult which engaged in mass suicide rather than surrender. They also began the violence by firing on federal agents. The government bungled it pretty badly, sure, but the cult leader Koresh was primarily responsible for the deaths.
Is there a good reason to make up "conspiracies" as an excuse for people to have more guns? Do you really think you could fight off the government if they came after you?
That is not what the courts found. The survivors got large settlement. If the ATF wanted to arrest Koresh he jogged on the roads every day. It was time to prove how valuable they were. The dummies loaded a bunch of agent into a cattle trailer and drove up. They shot Koresh at his front door. The people inside could have killed all those agent jammed in the cattle trailer. They let them withdraw. When the FBI took over they picked the windy day I have seen to burn them out with grenades known to start fires. They said there was a drug lab so they could get buy with military equipment they would have otherwise not been allowed to use by law. Wonder why people don't trust the government. Wonder why they want the best firearm possible with large magazines to be able to defend their lives

“Denny Crain”

Location hidden

#1781 Jan 31, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't even know what an assault rifle is, why should I bother with you?:)
The point is that armed people resisting the government would create MORE Wacos, more Ruby Ridges. Surely that's obvious?
Oh, and an assault rifle is a military-style semi-automatic rifle. You're welcome.:)
No an assault rifle by the last ban was a semi auto have two characteristics. Such as a bayonet lug or a flash suppressor. Cut the lug of and it is no longer an assault. The new proposed laws is one charismatic on a semi auto or hand guns and shot guns for that matter. Take a little .22 auto rifle and put on a flash suppresor and it becomes a dangerous assault rifle. The M=1 carbine from WW2 is an assualt rifle because it has a bayonet lug

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 4 min Your Ex 748
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Buroc Millhouse O... 1,173,958
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Frankly 305,334
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 8 min Trolling Stone 2,451
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min mjjcpa 183,912
Erdogan invites Armenian leader to join Gallipo... 13 min realitybites 179
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min scirocco 50,458
More from around the web