People do not need assault weapons: d...

People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

There are 4995 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 17, 2013, titled People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary. In it, Reuters reports that:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3977 Mar 9, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it is INCREDIBLY EASY for you to make repeated errors. You prove it with just about every post. LOL
Based on your opinion, I'm sure it could look that way.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3978 Mar 9, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...you have been able to refute ANYTHING here. For you, it would be an effort in futility.
Yes, I have been given that opportunity.

But as I said, I can't refute your opinion. You can have as many of those as you like.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#3979 Mar 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That seems to be a standard answer when you can't explain your points.
But don't worry. I don't consider it unusual.
LOL. I am actually glad you brought up Voter ID. Since you don't feel it necessary to prove who you are in order to exercise your right to vote, why should anyone have to not only show TWO forms of ID, but also fill out a form and go through a background check in order to exercise another constitutional right?

Hypocrite much???

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#3980 Mar 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have been given that opportunity.
But as I said, I can't refute your opinion. You can have as many of those as you like.
And you have yet to refute a single FACT since you started posting here. LOL
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3981 Mar 9, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I am actually glad you brought up Voter ID. Since you don't feel it necessary to prove who you are in order to exercise your right to vote, why should anyone have to not only show TWO forms of ID, but also fill out a form and go through a background check in order to exercise another constitutional right?
Hypocrite much???
lol! You see son that's where you're wrong. I have no issues with voter ID. I would encourage it.

The problem is these conservatively run states don't provide reasonable options for those who don't have ID's to vote.

It's rather curious that you want the federal government to intercede on states rights.

But regardless, I've pretty much quashed your position that' I'm against ID's, which pretty much shows it's your prejudice that's the inhibitor.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#3982 Mar 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You're right son. I won't try to refute what you "believe" to be "facts."
"You're right..."

I know I am, thank you.

“I won't try to refute what you "believe" to be "facts."

I know you won’t “try”, because you can’t. Here are a couple more "facts" for you to attempt to “poo, poo” off as my “opinion”...which they are not...so there you go...go “poo, poo”...then GFY.

“Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D-N.Y., speaking during a radio interview, stated that in implementing new gun control measures, confiscation of guns is on the table for consideration. The governor's statement would mark the first time a major elected official has broached the subject of forced seizure of citizens' firearms.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-york-gov-...

Missouri House Bill 545

4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:
(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;
(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or
(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.
5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3983 Mar 9, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have yet to refute a single FACT since you started posting here. LOL
Well you see? Now you're lying son....

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/T2C1K7...
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#3984 Mar 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It infringes on my right when you bend over, you fat azz, and you drop your f*king toy and your f*king toy discharges.
It infringes on MY RIGHTS you fat polished turd when you leave your f*king toys out in the car thinking you need to carry it with you because it is the only way you can get a stiffy, and someone breaks into your car and steals it and then uses it to rob the grocery around the corner.
It in fringes on my rights when you and your mentally disturbed tiny-dicked associates insist you need assault weapons to carry into your kindergarten teachers conferences.
It in fringes on my rights when you and your mentally disturbed tiny-dicked associates insist you need to be able to sell your toys to your inbred cousins and neighbors and not care a damn whether or not they are psychopaths or convicted felons.
Your toys, Mo, are my business unless you promise to have it surgically attached to your wrist and promise never to leave your house.
Of course, that wouldn't help your wife.
Has any gun owner bent over and dropped a gun and brought ANY harm to you? If not then your rights are not violated. Do you personally know of his gun ever getting stolen and used in any crime? If not then your rights have not been violated. Do you attend kindergarten meetings? If not then your rights have not been violated. Do you know of him or any of his friends that have sold a gun to any psychopaths or felons and ANY crime committed against you with these guns? If not then your rights have not been violated. Has any way he keeps or carries his gun effected you in any way? If not then your rights have not been violated. If you can't answer yes to these claims then every word you posted was a lie.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#3985 Mar 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Then thank you for confirming you have a comprehension issue son!
Thank you for confirming you have a comprehension issue...we can all tell for your posts. I especially like seeing you beginning every post with "LOL"...that's the number one sign of showing your own insecurities.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#3986 Mar 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You see son that's where you're wrong. I have no issues with voter ID. I would encourage it.
The problem is these conservatively run states don't provide reasonable options for those who don't have ID's to vote.
It's rather curious that you want the federal government to intercede on states rights.
But regardless, I've pretty much quashed your position that' I'm against ID's, which pretty much shows it's your prejudice that's the inhibitor.
Would you approve of a background check before being allowed to vote? Would you approve requiring a permit and paying a large fee for that permit before being allowed to vote? Would you approve of if voting fraud were proven by anyone in this country that the right to vote be removed or at least limited to minor elections and with a permit and background check first?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#3987 Mar 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have been given that opportunity.
Your continual denial of proven facts, which you can't refute, doesn't make them go away...it just further solidifies you as an ignorant, lying, "frustrated control freak".
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3988 Mar 9, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for confirming you have a comprehension issue...we can all tell for your posts. I especially like seeing you beginning every post with "LOL"...that's the number one sign of showing your own insecurities.
lol! Let me try it again since you're having problems son.... it's your comprehension issue.

Is that better?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3989 Mar 9, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Would you approve of a background check before being allowed to vote? Would you approve requiring a permit and paying a large fee for that permit before being allowed to vote? Would you approve of if voting fraud were proven by anyone in this country that the right to vote be removed or at least limited to minor elections and with a permit and background check first?
Why do you try and equate voting to owning a gun?

Or are you now allowing votes to be bought and exchanged or even turned in for others to eliminate?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#3990 Mar 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Let me try it again since you're having problems son.... it's your comprehension issue.
Is that better?
"Let me try it again since you're having problems..."

You can try with all the lies you want...it won't change the facts.

"Is that better?"

No it's not...it's another one of your lies...you are a confirmed liar...that's a fact...proven here. You are an ignorant, lying, "frustrated control freak".

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3992 Mar 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you try and equate voting to owning a gun?
Or are you now allowing votes to be bought and exchanged or even turned in for others to eliminate?
Duck, dodge, and deny.. your mantra in spades??, Yeahoo.. You can run, but you can't hide.
FormerParatroope r

Prairie Village, KS

#3993 Mar 9, 2013
If my musket has a bayonet mount, and the bayonet with it, is it an assault weapon?
huffus

Rochester, PA

#3994 Mar 9, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Use the Assault Weapon to shoot down drones,,,like I will do
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#3995 Mar 9, 2013
Gun laws in the US are so f-ing ridicules, it is actually far easier to buy a gun then it is to by a puppy or even cough medicine. Buying a gun in much of America can be as simple as forking over the cash, with no questions asked and no background check. In fact, it is much more of a hassle to buy over the counter medication than it is to purchase a firearm. A small handful of state legislatures are making an effort to change that by pushing for more effective gun laws that will actually do something. Gun laws vary dramatically from state to state, in Texas for example, there is no waiting period and no state gun registration system it is like buying candy. Federal law requires that all licensed firearms dealers (the US has more fire arms dealers than grocery stores) conduct background checks, but the restriction doesn't apply to private sales and gun shows where they are simply ignored. The NRA, which went from a benevolent and useful organization to high powered lobbying machine spreading falsehoods and lies, has been holding the country hostage for many years . . .
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#3996 Mar 9, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
If my musket has a bayonet mount, and the bayonet with it, is it an assault weapon?
If you assault someone with it, it is.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#3997 Mar 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you try and equate voting to owning a gun?
Simple. Both are rights. As with guns, anyone violating or misusing that right should have it removed by the proper means (in court) where they have the RIGHT to defend themselves and their actions before a jury of their peers and that misuse must be proven. However like ALL rights ONLY those who misuse their rights should be up for review or punished for their actions. Now answer the question. Would you approve of other rights being treated as gun rights are?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump to halt subsidies to health insurers 1 min hawaiian punch 223
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Julia 1,617,458
News Obamas - Disgusted' by Harvey Weinstein Allegat... 8 min mr gleeble 57
News Trump leaves Republicans with heavy lift on Ira... 8 min SirPrize 49
News Michael GoodwinTrump doesn't owe Obama anything 10 min mr gleeble 4
News Michelle Obama: 'Any woman who voted against Hi... 21 min Conservative Boot 424
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 23 min Into The Night 207
More from around the web