People do not need assault weapons: d...

People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

There are 4995 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 17, 2013, titled People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary. In it, Reuters reports that:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3234 Feb 23, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the sky is falling!
the sky is falling!
Barak "chicken little" Obama.
Chicken little Obama has no intention of cutting any federal spending, his clear plan is to bankrupt us.
"Obama has no intention of cutting any federal spending"

the sky is falling!
the sky is falling!
the sky is falling!
the sky is falling!

Poor teabagger

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#3235 Feb 23, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
"Obama has no intention of cutting any federal spending"
the sky is falling!
the sky is falling!
the sky is falling!
the sky is falling!
Poor teabagger
Right. And he's not going to raise the taxes on anyone making less than $400K a year either, right?

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#3236 Feb 23, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
For those here claiming felons can't or don't purchase multiple weapons at gun shows and private sales, which SHOULD be monitored, look at this;
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/22/fbi-neo...
It's against the law for drug dealers and buyers to possess, transport, manufacture, cultivate, sell, possess or use illegal drugs and criminals do it all the time. Maybe you should have the government fix that, first.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3237 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. And he's not going to raise the taxes on anyone making less than $400K a year either, right?
I guess we moved from the patriot act to the deficit to taxes in 3 short comments?

Who cares weather he raises taxes or lowers them, my taxes go up every year regardless and I don't make anywhere near $400k a year.

Big difference is when republicans lower my "taxes" my local and state "fees" go up or they invent new "fees" to take my money.

"Lowering" taxes but raising or inventing "fees", for me puts me in the same sinking boat weather it's named the Titanic or the Edmund Fitzgerald.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#3238 Feb 23, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we moved from the patriot act to the deficit to taxes in 3 short comments?
Who cares weather he raises taxes or lowers them, my taxes go up every year regardless and I don't make anywhere near $400k a year.
Big difference is when republicans lower my "taxes" my local and state "fees" go up or they invent new "fees" to take my money.
"Lowering" taxes but raising or inventing "fees", for me puts me in the same sinking boat weather it's named the Titanic or the Edmund Fitzgerald.
And as usual, the point went right over your head.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3239 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. And he's not going to raise the taxes on anyone making less than $400K a year either, right?
He already has.

There, is that better?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3240 Feb 23, 2013
The Employee Portion of the FICA Tax (Social Security) has increased from 4.2% to 6.2%. The Employer Rate remains unchanged at 6.2%.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3241 Feb 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
things move a little fast for you, eh, George?
Naw, that's you. You need Barack Hussein Obama to provide your healthcare. your welfare, maybe to purchase the tent you appropriate as clothing?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#3242 Feb 23, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
He already has.
There, is that better?
And was a single word mentioned about it prior to its implimentation???

Another LIE from the Charlatan-In-Chief.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3243 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And was a single word mentioned about it prior to its implimentation???
Another LIE from the Charlatan-In-Chief.
Actually, there was.

You must have missed it.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#3244 Feb 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, there was.
You must have missed it.
If so...post it. Because no one I know or have talked to knew a thing about it.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3245 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
If so...post it. Because no one I know or have talked to knew a thing about it.
Despite media reports warning of the impending payroll tax increase, many Americans were caught off guard when they received their first paychecks in 2013.

In the midst of the last recession a little more than two years ago, Congress passed and the president signed the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010. This new law included a 2 percent reduction in the Social Security (OASDI) portion of the FICA tax. The provision was designed to help put a little more money into the wallets of American workers during the challenging economic environment of 2011. While the employer portion of the OASDI contribution remained at 6.2 percent, the employee contribution was reduced from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. The provision was extended through 2012 by the Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011 and the Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012.

The reduction was never meant to be permanent, as it put additional financial pressure on the already stressed Social Security Trust Fund. So during the 2012 fiscal cliff negotiations, both Democrats and Republicans agreed that it should expire at the end of the year.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3246 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And was a single word mentioned about it prior to its implimentation???
Another LIE from the Charlatan-In-Chief.
They didn't mention it on the "all day, everyday" Obama channel?

MAYBE, because the republicans signed off on it too, is why it wasn't "mentioned" on FAUX "news".

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#3247 Feb 23, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite media reports warning of the impending payroll tax increase, many Americans were caught off guard when they received their first paychecks in 2013.
In the midst of the last recession a little more than two years ago, Congress passed and the president signed the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010. This new law included a 2 percent reduction in the Social Security (OASDI) portion of the FICA tax. The provision was designed to help put a little more money into the wallets of American workers during the challenging economic environment of 2011. While the employer portion of the OASDI contribution remained at 6.2 percent, the employee contribution was reduced from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. The provision was extended through 2012 by the Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011 and the Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012.
The reduction was never meant to be permanent, as it put additional financial pressure on the already stressed Social Security Trust Fund. So during the 2012 fiscal cliff negotiations, both Democrats and Republicans agreed that it should expire at the end of the year.
My pay did NOT go up an extra 2% in 2010, but it definitely went down 2% this year. And when you are budgeted as tight as I am, you notice a swing in wither direction.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#3248 Feb 23, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite media reports warning of the impending payroll tax increase, many Americans were caught off guard when they received their first paychecks in 2013.
In the midst of the last recession a little more than two years ago, Congress passed and the president signed the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010. This new law included a 2 percent reduction in the Social Security (OASDI) portion of the FICA tax. The provision was designed to help put a little more money into the wallets of American workers during the challenging economic environment of 2011. While the employer portion of the OASDI contribution remained at 6.2 percent, the employee contribution was reduced from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. The provision was extended through 2012 by the Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011 and the Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012.
The reduction was never meant to be permanent, as it put additional financial pressure on the already stressed Social Security Trust Fund. So during the 2012 fiscal cliff negotiations, both Democrats and Republicans agreed that it should expire at the end of the year.
What Social Security Trust Fund are you talking about ?

All that money has gone in to the general fund and Congress puts forth a promissory note in it's place.

This one reason that all the talk about Bill Clinton balancing the budget is a bunch of BS.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#3250 Feb 23, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't mention it on the "all day, everyday" Obama channel?
MAYBE, because the republicans signed off on it too, is why it wasn't "mentioned" on FAUX "news".
I was amazed at the ignorance of many over this issue. Especially with how so many claimed that Obama "took the 2% away" and none of them realized where it had come from in the first place.
I swear, people can be dumber than dishwater. Especially ignorant repugnantcans. I think the ignorance is a result of their profound laziness. Even on here those bozos demand that someone else does the footwork and then post the proof here. No wonder they are losers.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3251 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
My pay did NOT go up an extra 2% in 2010, but it definitely went down 2% this year. And when you are budgeted as tight as I am, you notice a swing in wither direction.
My "pay" didn't go up either, I had to pay the same then as I do now 6.2%.

Still had to adjust the employees witholding though.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3252 Feb 23, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>What Social Security Trust Fund are you talking about ?
All that money has gone in to the general fund and Congress puts forth a promissory note in it's place.
This one reason that all the talk about Bill Clinton balancing the budget is a bunch of BS.
Fund?

The issue was a tax, not a "fund".

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#3254 Feb 23, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Fund?
The issue was a tax, not a "fund".
I cut and pasted the word "fund" directly from your post.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#3255 Feb 23, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Fund?
The issue was a tax, not a "fund".
From your post .# 3245 :

The reduction was never meant to be permanent, as it put additional financial pressure on the already stressed Social Security Trust Fund. So during the 2012 fiscal cliff negotiations, both Democrats and Republicans agreed that it should expire at the end of the year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Grey Ghost 1,510,375
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Dr Guru 239,666
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 16 min Nobel Unlikely 7,648
News RPT-UPDATE 1-Vote to repeal U.S. broadband priv... 3 hr davy 2
News Americans spent an estimated $17 billion on amm... 3 hr davy 210
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 hr chazmo 36,793
News Trump takes aim at Obama's efforts to curb glob... 4 hr fast freddie 59
More from around the web