People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

Jan 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Comments
2,841 - 2,860 of 4,995 Comments Last updated Apr 13, 2013

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. Perhaps if "democrats" stopped whining about their "unfair" circumstances and dependency on government handouts and applied themselves and took personal responsibility for generating more income they could join the upper ranks.
But they won't since it's easier to complain and vote themselves free stuff at the industrious people's expense.

caught not saying the truth,say the truth, gets rather upset

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. Perhaps if "democrats" stopped whining about their "unfair" circumstances and dependency on government handouts and applied themselves and took personal responsibility for generating more income they could join the upper ranks.
But they won't since it's easier to complain and vote themselves free stuff at the industrious people's expense.
Perhaps if you stopped lying, engaging in silly partisan name-calling, and stopped trying to dictate when people could or should join these privileged "uppper ranks" of yours, people would respect you instead of seeing you as a rightie whiner.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the IRONY!!!!!!!!!! You think you're an "intellectual"?!
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
Junior, mental masturbation is is not an intellectual pursuit.
Then you don't qualify, do you? ;)

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Shove it, moron. I told you you were dismissed. Now get lost and stop with the pretentious drivel already. It's embarrassing to intellectuals like myself.
You are not dismissed yet, dunce.
It is your subjective judgement that there is no valid comparison between Hitler and the Democrats. Subjectivity has no standing. The rationale you used was that Hitler was in a different country during a different time. I countered that argument with the basis for philosophy being a critical component of man's ability to assimilate historic events into a modern day analogue.
Your argument was no different than saying history is of no significance, and humans change their characteristics every generation, which means humans mutate radically with every generation. That is obviously not true. Humans haven't changed instinct since before recorded history.
Therefore, those philosophies written as far back as when the first inscriptions were carved in stone in Egypt are as true for humans today as they were when they were carved.
Humans are humans, the same humans they were more than ten thousand years ago.
Thus, your contention that Hitler belonged to a different species, subject to different instincts and reacting differently to learned behavior is absolutely wrong.
If you don't want to be compared to Hitler, don't do the same goddam things.
Here's the comparison again:

Hitler:
Political genuis
Social radical
Consumed with racial hatred
Sought revenge for a lost war

Democrats:
Political genuis
Social radical
Seek revenge for losing the Cold War

What kind of political genuis does it take to build a political party on treason and indoctrinating the population with lies, and still not only survive, but win elections?
The same type of political genuis that brought Hitler to the world's stage of history.

Should we begin a discussion of that treason and system of lies the country was indoctrinated with?
Let's start with Alger Hiss, and see where that discussion leads us.
Now, you are dismissed, dunce.

And, please change your name. It's embarrassing to read something like "professor" in front of your obviously ignorant diatribe.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a racist, trolling ignoramus with nothing but high-flown rhetoric to offer, unfortunately for him unsupported by any actual intellectual content.
Your post caused the needle on the projection meter to spin around so fast, I though tit was going to take off like a helicopter.

Racist. You idiots are wearing that lame bullshit out. How about coming up with some other excuse, you know, like you did when you wore that lame "Bush did it, too" bullshit line out.
I love Mia Love.
I love Herman Cain.
I love Condalisa Rice.
I love Thomas Sowell.
... and many more.

I'd vote for any one of those candidates over every white Democrat, and many white Republicans.

I guess only a racist could say that.

How about this for, how did you put it, "high-flown rhetoric"?
Here's the actual numbers for government debt and deficit by year:
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/

Here's the Constitution that describes how the government spends, collects and borrows money:
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...

Here's the control of Congress by session:
http://uspolitics.about.com/od/usgovernment/l...

Put this together to discover the Democrats created the threat the debt poses to our existence, and to discover that the Democrats have no plan and must rely in increasing deficits to pay for government.

By the way, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not dismissed yet, dunce.
It is your subjective judgement that there is no valid comparison between Hitler and the Democrats. Subjectivity has no standing. The rationale you used was that Hitler was in a different country during a different time. I countered that argument with the basis for philosophy being a critical component of man's ability to assimilate historic events into a modern day analogue.
Your argument was no different than saying history is of no significance, and humans change their characteristics every generation, which means humans mutate radically with every generation. That is obviously not true. Humans haven't changed instinct since before recorded history.
Therefore, those philosophies written as far back as when the first inscriptions were carved in stone in Egypt are as true for humans today as they were when they were carved.
Thus, your contention that Hitler belonged to a different species, subject to different instincts and reacting differently to learned behavior is absolutely wrong.
If you don't want to be compared to Hitler, don't do the same goddam things.
Here's the comparison again:
Hitler:
Political genuis
Social radical
Sought revenge for a lost war
Democrats:
Political genuis
Social radical
Seek revenge for losing the Cold War
What kind of political genuis does it take to build a political party on treason and indoctrinating the population with lies, and still not only survive, but win elections?
The same type of political genuis that brought Hitler to the world's stage of history.
Should we begin a discussion of that treason and system of lies the country was indoctrinated with?
Let's start with Alger Hiss, and see where that discussion leads us.
Now, you are dismissed, dunce.
And, please change your name. It's embarrassing to read something like "professor" in front of your obviously ignorant diatribe.
Shove it, moron. I told you you were dismissed. Now get lost and stop with the pretentious drivel already. It's embarrassing to intellectuals like myself.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>Who told you you're an intellectual? They shouldn't lie to you like that. You are unstable enough as it is. I thought you were just insane with hatred towards anyone who supports this country and its morals and values. Bomp, bomp.
"Bomp, bomp" may be the most intelligent thing you've posted here to date...LOL

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>

Blunt wrote:
Who told you you're an intellectual? They shouldn't lie to you like that. You are unstable enough as it is. I thought you were just insane with hatred towards anyone who supports this country and its morals and values. Bomp, bomp.
He's working on how to explain how he lost the election for president of that mutual admiration society he belongs to by one vote.
))))))))))

Now, that would require a real intellectual. Don't look for any explanation from him for a little while.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious.
I'd like to know how you lost that election for president of that mutual admiration society you belong to by one vote.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

I must say that this:

"It is your subjective judgement that there is no valid comparison between Hitler and the Democrats. Subjectivity has no standing. The rationale you used was that Hitler was in a different country during a different time. I countered that argument with the basis for philosophy being a critical component of man's ability to assimilate historic events into a modern day analogue.
Thus, your contention that Hitler belonged to a different species, subject to different instincts and reacting differently to learned behavior is absolutely wrong."

..is one of the finest pieces of pseudo-intellectual gibberish that I've ever read here. It's the voice of a paranoid nut unable to accept any deviation from his own nuttiness, someone with little formal education who's learned to speak pretentiously from law books or online sites, someone who is able to think ONLY in purest black and purest white.

Needless to say, it's also rife with falsehoods and strawmen. Note the claim that "subjectivity has no standard" from someone whose OWN arguments are entirely subjective. Note how the poster's ignored my actual arguments (Hitler is a person, Democrats are a PARTY) in favor of yammering about how people are the same whatever the time in which they live. Note the absurd strawman that I "believe Hitler to have belonged to a different species."

I mean, this is a NUT at work. His repetitive hammering on his little list of "similarities" between Hitler and Democrats shows he's incapable of accepting disagreement of any kind. I suppose we can only hope he doesn't have access to lots of guns or explosives...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
See "budget, federal." Also "budget, continuing resolution."

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
... a goddam dunce in the class.
A "budget" is not a source of money. It is a plan to spend money.
A "continuing resulution" is an authorization to spend money when the government is so incompetent it can't develop a budget.

Money doesn't grow on trees, you goddam idiot. To answer the question, you actually have to identify a source of money that can be taxed to put money into the Treasury.
Examples of sources of money are: The so-called "rich". However, that group doesn't even have that much money if you taxed them at 100 percent and made them destitute. You'd still need more money to pay for Obama's government.

Another source of money is future taxpayers that aren't born yet. But, that assumes the debt won't reach a level where it becomes impossible to pay and the government collapses, thus there won't be any system to collect that money. The current trend of deficit spending puts that threshold at about 10 years from now.
It also assumes that they will not burn the government to the ground when they discover they are paying for all the benefits you are consuming today, and there won't be any benefits for them when they are paying the taxes you should be paying today.

Don't you feel less ignorant now?

So, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
What budget?
Oblamer offers short term budget fix of modest spending cuts.
To offset the cuts he proposes high tax increases and deep cuts to healthcare.

CBO: Federal debt held by the public to reach 76% of total economy.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... a goddam dunce in the class.
A "budget" is not a source of money. It is a plan to spend money.
A "continuing resulution" is an authorization to spend money when the government is so incompetent it can't develop a budget.
Money doesn't grow on trees, you goddam idiot. To answer the question, you actually have to identify a source of money that can be taxed to put money into the Treasury.
Examples of sources of money are: The so-called "rich". However, that group doesn't even have that much money if you taxed them at 100 percent and made them destitute. You'd still need more money to pay for Obama's government.
Another source of money is future taxpayers that aren't born yet. But, that assumes the debt won't reach a level where it becomes impossible to pay and the government collapses, thus there won't be any system to collect that money. The current trend of deficit spending puts that threshold at about 10 years from now.
It also assumes that they will not burn the government to the ground when they discover they are paying for all the benefits you are consuming today, and there won't be any benefits for them when they are paying the taxes you should be paying today.
Don't you feel less ignorant now?
So, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Why do you keep asking the same ignorant question? Obama's ADMINISTRATION'S costs are paid for out of the budget, or continuing resolution.

What you WANT to ask but are too goddamn STUPID to ask is "where will the money come from to pay the costs of the budget or continuing budget resolution which funds government programs?"

And the answer to that, as long as we're in deficit mode, is to put it simply "we will borrow it." Which you already knew, I suspect, idiot troll that you are.

Now, do you have a POINT?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
What budget?
Oblamer offers short term budget fix of modest spending cuts.
To offset the cuts he proposes high tax increases and deep cuts to healthcare.
CBO: Federal debt held by the public to reach 76% of total economy.
See "budget, continuing resolution," Bradley.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
I must say that this:
"It is your subjective judgement that there is no valid comparison between Hitler and the Democrats. Subjectivity has no standing.
I mean, this is a NUT at work. His repetitive hammering on his little list of "similarities" between Hitler and Democrats shows he's incapable of accepting disagreement of any kind. I suppose we can only hope he doesn't have access to lots of guns or explosives...
Professor,
Some students like their agruements, the facts, not so much

"The national government will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our nation rests. It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality. Today Christians stand at the head of our country. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit. We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press-- in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of LIBERAL excess during the past years."

Adolf Hitler

Also for the benefet of the rest of the students here is a brief summation of my term paper on the history of gun law in Germany 1919-1939
Under the Versaillie treaty the German Gov't was required to disarm it's civilian population. A law was placed on the books banning gun ownership.The German Gov't never attempted to take back guns.
The were two major re-writings of German gun law between the world wars.
1928. It became legal for citizens over the age of 21 to own long and short barrelled sporting guns. The legal requirements included a yearly relicencing of both guns and owners .
1938. Gun rights are taken away from Jews, Gypsys, Communists , and criminials. After the start of the war these restrictions were applied to all conquered poeples. For Germans, the minimum age for licience eligibility is lowered to 18. Yearly requirements become every third year.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Professor,
Some students like their agruements, the facts, not so much
"The national government will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our nation rests. It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality. Today Christians stand at the head of our country. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit. We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press-- in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of LIBERAL excess during the past years."
Adolf Hitler
Also for the benefet of the rest of the students here is a brief summation of my term paper on the history of gun law in Germany 1919-1939
Under the Versaillie treaty the German Gov't was required to disarm it's civilian population. A law was placed on the books banning gun ownership.The German Gov't never attempted to take back guns.
The were two major re-writings of German gun law between the world wars.
1928. It became legal for citizens over the age of 21 to own long and short barrelled sporting guns. The legal requirements included a yearly relicencing of both guns and owners .
1938. Gun rights are taken away from Jews, Gypsys, Communists , and criminials. After the start of the war these restrictions were applied to all conquered poeples. For Germans, the minimum age for licience eligibility is lowered to 18. Yearly requirements become every third year.
Yes indeed, well-said.

The gun rights thing was new to me, just recently checked out the update of gun laws under the Nazis and was surprised to find how they'd LIBERALIZED gun ownership for everyone but a few minorities like Jews and Gypsies. Very interesting!
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps if you stopped lying, engaging in silly partisan name-calling, and stopped trying to dictate when people could or should join these privileged "uppper ranks" of yours, people would respect you instead of seeing you as a rightie whiner.
I'm not "privileged", buttmunch, I worked for everything I have. And I'll fight like hell to keep it.
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
caught not saying the truth,say the truth, gets rather upset
What wasn't the "truth", redneck?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••