On eve of "fiscal cliff" talks, positions harden

Nov 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

As President Barack Obama and congressional leaders prepared for budget and tax talks on Friday aimed at preventing the economy from falling back into recession, a top Republican vowed to overhaul the U.S. tax code next year.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of68
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Obama will soon be going off the Benghazi cliff.
There's not much time left for him.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

The GOP TEA Party will fight hard for the 1% and hold hostage our working middle class's tax cuts. Don't cave into the GOP TEA Baggers Obama! If the GOP TEA Baggers continue with their political terrorism, we Americans will vote them ALL out in the next election cycle.

G-roup O-f P-olitical T-erroristic E-uropean A-mericans.
cjrian

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Ex-GOP Con wrote:
The GOP TEA Party will fight hard for the 1% and hold hostage our working middle class's tax cuts. Don't cave into the GOP TEA Baggers Obama! If the GOP TEA Baggers continue with their political terrorism, we Americans will vote them ALL out in the next election cycle.
Bill Maher
George Clooney
Jeffrey Katzenberg
Irwin Jacobs
Jon Stryker
Amy Goldman
Warren Buffet
Kareem Ahmed

Ya mean That 1%(actually, the 0.01%)
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

It's funny how the conservative Topix polls clearly say to raise taxes on the rich.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Ex-GOP Con wrote:
By the GRACE of GOD, again.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

"An emboldened Obama, the aides say, will now focus on urging Republicans to accept a Democratic bill passed in the Senate last July to extend expiring income tax cuts - first enacted by President George W. Bush - except for those families making more than $250,000 a year in adjusted income.

"If Republicans have other ideas on how to raise revenues now, they should bring them" to the White House, said one Senate Democratic aide.

While differences over raising income taxes are large, some have spotted in the week's rhetoric some openings for compromise. Those include raising Obama's $250,000 income threshold to $500,000, or letting the top income tax rate rise to something less than the 39.6 percent Obama wants, from the current 35 percent.

There is also growing talk of extending a payroll tax break for 160 million American workers to stimulate the economy by putting about $1,000 a year in extra spending power in their pockets.

The payroll tax is set to expire at year's end and will be part of the White House negotiations, leaders said."

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Patraeus here today....Obama gone tomorrow.
Wouldn't that be nice.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Ninthman wrote:
Obama will soon be going off the Benghazi cliff.
There's not much time left for him.
About as credible as your magic 8 ball prediction Romney would win the election?.....

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

GOPasaurs are beginning to cave on the tax cuts for the rich. I guess they're finally understanding they lost the election.
responder

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

This posturing will go on right up until the edge of the 'cliff' is visible, then we'll see who blinks, who's willing to actually act in order to avoid it.

I have to wonder if reTHUGlicans are wililng to risk another election pounding in 2014 for having brought the country to the brink again, and possibly having pushed us over. I hope they're not that insane, but it's very possible they will be.

Their intransigence and partisan gamesmanship have made them a danger to America and our economic recovery. They should pay, if they continue to play around with this.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

I'm coming around to the 'raise the taxes' plan, I don't think it will work, but it will be good revenge on libs, because it will probably cause a true depression, on top of the 4 year recession. Libs are so smart, maybe they need to learn things the hard way. The rich will cut back on their earnings, and keep their money, and compensate by not spending...when they don't spend, it hurts workers that serve their needs, they don't buy cars, eat in nice restaurants, buy motorhomes, boats, clothes, open businesses, hire workers, etc.

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

responder wrote:
This posturing will go on right up until the edge of the 'cliff' is visible, then we'll see who blinks, who's willing to actually act in order to avoid it.
I have to wonder if reTHUGlicans are wililng to risk another election pounding in 2014 for having brought the country to the brink again, and possibly having pushed us over. I hope they're not that insane, but it's very possible they will be.
Their intransigence and partisan gamesmanship have made them a danger to America and our economic recovery. They should pay, if they continue to play around with this.
Harv, the moocher party will never lose again, as long as they put up a clean, articulate guy or gal who does not speak in a heavy negro dialect. Your voter base is mostly on welfare, food stamps, etc, why would they ever vote any other way? Face it, your team is in charge...take the ball and run with it.

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
GOPasaurs are beginning to cave on the tax cuts for the rich. I guess they're finally understanding they lost the election.
when they run out of the rich, you're next.
Spike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
when they run out of the rich, you're next.
two years ago Billionair Senator John Kerry bought a new muti-million dollar Yaught and registered it in Rhode Island instead of his home state Massachusetts to avoid paying a $400,000 state tax. John Kerry said he's in favor of the rich paying higher taxes.LOL
responder

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Harv, the moocher party will never lose again, as long as they put up a clean, articulate guy or gal who does not speak in a heavy negro dialect. Your voter base is mostly on welfare, food stamps, etc, why would they ever vote any other way? Face it, your team is in charge...take the ball and run with it.
Irving, gimme a break, ReTHUGlicans have been mooching off their rich patrons for a century. You just hate it when the poor and lower middle class get a dime, that's all.

The rest of your racist twaddle is Klan stuff, typical of you...someone so stupid he thinks a few points rise in the tax rate of the upper bracket will put us "in a recession."

Duh! Romney's austerity plans would've done that, doofus!

Since: Dec 07

Navasota, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

responder wrote:
That's why you got pounded in 2010 and again lost the house this time, screwball. To keep the marxists from running us bankrupt. Try to keep up.
Spike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

responder wrote:
<quoted text>
Irving, gimme a break, ReTHUGlicans have been mooching off their rich patrons for a century. You just hate it when the poor and lower middle class get a dime, that's all.
The rest of your racist twaddle is Klan stuff, typical of you...someone so stupid he thinks a few points rise in the tax rate of the upper bracket will put us "in a recession."
Duh! Romney's austerity plans would've done that, doofus!
I bet everyone is beating a path to your house for tax advice
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why you got pounded in 2010 and again lost the house this time, screwball. To keep the marxists from running us bankrupt. Try to keep up.
What percentage of Americans voted in 2008? You 47%ers don't know that other people have to work for a living.
responder

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stupidity continues to amaze. There are no "Marxists" in our government, and Dems didn't CONTROL THE HOUSE BEFORE THE ELECTION.

Jesus, wake up and smell reality!
responder

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Spike wrote:
<quoted text>I bet everyone is beating a path to your house for tax advice
Of course not, but what's that got to do with anything?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of68
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••