Area gun sales, fears rising

Nov 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North Port Sun

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Comments (Page 251)

Showing posts 5,001 - 5,020 of7,574
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you will find cell phone usage by truck drivers as the main reason for truck crashes. If they want to try and reduce truck/car accidents, perhaps the laws should be made for the cars and not the trucks.
Between people not using their turn signal to warn a truck of a lane change and constantly cutting off our safety distance, it's not a wonder why there isn't more accidents. I can't tell you of how many accidents I escaped because of quick thinking.
Want to make a law? Have a $300.00 fine for anybody changing lanes in front of a truck on a highway less than 200 feet. That would be a huge help to us--especially if strictly enforced. If you slam on your brakes because you are about to miss your exit in front of a truck, that should be a $700.00 fine. Traveling next to a truck for more than one mile,$200.00 fine. If you want to pass me, then keep on passing, but don't speed up, get next to my trailer, and then ride there for the next five miles. If there's something in my lane that I have to swerve to avoid, I can't do that if a car is right next to me.
If they really want to reduce accidents, have a law that restricts load and milage pay. All drivers get paid by the hour. These guys who make next to dirt have to drive like a maniac to make a living because speed is needed to make a living.
No, the laws should be for both.

Letís not shift all the blame to the drivers off cars. Over and over Iíve seen trucks tailgate both cars and other trucks with less than 20 feet.

One afternoon in Atlanta I had a bozo driving a semi join me in my lane to pass someone. I was in the process of passing him. Here comes to good part, he wasnít allowed in the far left lane. Too bad a cop didnít see that. Then the ass flipped me off. Come on, donít try to paint truckers as innocent victims.

The number one cause for traffic accidents is distraction. The second most common is fatigue. Donít attempt to defend cell usage. There is no data which will back your POV on that.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Nextel works like a radio
You must hold the button down when talking
Yes that requires a very expensive stereo and most trucks are to noisy for hands free mic to work
I know exactly what the Nextel does. Really isnít Nextel anymore, is it? Sprint bought them out. AT&T and some others also have PTT.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Case in point....an old roommate of mine and I used to carpool to work together. I stopped riding with him because he drove like a complete idiot with no regard for anyone else on the road. The last day we road tohether was also the day I found out he didn't carry any auto insurance.
I have several friends I refuse to ride with. Usually I just tell them Iím not in the mood to fold up into their car. I have a big 4 door F-250. Being a King Ranch itís also very comfortable inside. Iím not about to be so rude to tell them they drive like fools. Iíve done that just once to a friend in Atlanta. He doesnít pay attention, heís constantly on the phone and drives a BMW 7 series. Bad mix.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not many miles for a full time driver unless you were doing city deliveries
Big rig is not a legal term
Yes deaths are higher in trucks as the weight adds to the energy in a collision
But the number of accidents by commercial drivers per mile is less
What the hell gave you that idea ?
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Thereís a large discrepancy from what you claim and reality. Thereís also a discrepancy between the charts.
Your charts indicates Bush generated more debt than Obama. Thatís not true. Under Obama the debt has grown more in 4 years than it did in Bushís 8 years.
The second chart does indeed show debt as a percentage of GDP. It shows on thing and attempts to play what-if on another.
Their claim is if the Republicans balanced their budget the debt would be near 0 percent of GDP and Obama would increase that to 30% of GDP. Their graph shows a great increase after Obama took office. Currently around 110% of GDP.
The Democrats claim we donít have a debt problem, they claim we have a revenue problem and refuse to increase taxes on anyone making under $400K. WTF?
Stop being hysterical ...

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. You keep making claims... then show nothing.
All it proves is you keep making claims.
As I said, I can't even call you a moron.... you're not sharp enough to be at that level.
Here ya go troll..........ROTFLMAO

On post # 46912 here http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TKPEED...

The moron yea claimed that the burden of proof falls on the defense even after I had posed a link from a legal law lib ray showing what everyone else knows that the burden of proof falls on the prosecutionÖÖ

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post a link that shows that???
Would you like the link again that proves you wrong???
Burden of proof is on the prosecution.........
http://nationalparalegal.edu/conlawcrimproc_p ...

Moron Yea wrote:

lol! Nope. Don't need to son.

That's the defense's job. Even a dumb person would know that!

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Well son. So far you've proven you're not intelligent enough to even be called a moron.
Really????

Look who claimed this lie........LOL

The moron yea claimed that the burden of proof falls on the defense even after I had posed a link from a legal law lib ray showing what everyone else knows that the burden of proof falls on the prosecutionÖÖ

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>

Moron Yea wrote:

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Ironically, you do it all the time son! You revert to your childish schoolyard rants.
And that's your decision!

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>

Moron Yea wrote:

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím not a professional driver. When I was in Georgia our assets were spread out. Most of my work was in Georgia but still had to travel to our Florida locations as well. Frequent long trips add up quickly.
Yes, the increases mass of the larger vehicle would indeed be a contributing factor. All the more reason to be certain the driverís mind is on the road and not everything else in the world.
NHTSA has the figure at 1.1 per million miles for large trucks and 1.3 per million miles for cars.
Ok for them to eat a hamburger and drink coffee driving and that causes far more accidents than a radio or phone....

Not accidents..........
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the laws should be for both.
Letís not shift all the blame to the drivers off cars. Over and over Iíve seen trucks tailgate both cars and other trucks with less than 20 feet.
One afternoon in Atlanta I had a bozo driving a semi join me in my lane to pass someone. I was in the process of passing him. Here comes to good part, he wasnít allowed in the far left lane. Too bad a cop didnít see that. Then the ass flipped me off. Come on, donít try to paint truckers as innocent victims.
The number one cause for traffic accidents is distraction. The second most common is fatigue. Donít attempt to defend cell usage. There is no data which will back your POV on that.
That I don't know. But what I do know is trucks and driving. I never meant that all truck drivers are good drivers. In fact, right now, we have a ton of foreigners driving trucks today; mostly container and flatbed trucks. They work for next to nothing and don't mind being on the road for weeks at a time. Then there are what I call non-professional drivers. Many of these people have careers that they can't find work in, so they get a license and drive trucks temporarily. Think of it similar to your bad driving friends getting behind the wheel of a truck.

But that doesn't negate the fact that people in cars cause truck accidents. For instance, if I'm backing into a dock off a main street, and some idiot decides he's not going to wait and try to cut behind me, I get cited for the accident. Or what happens all the time is when you're coming up to a traffic jam, and while you're slowing down for the stop, some jerk off decides he's going to switch to your lane and slam on the breaks. I can't stop a 70,000 pound vehicle like you can stop a car. Then of course, I get cited because I was following too close.

I got stopped by a cop a few years ago. He and his buddy were in the middle of the highway having a BS session. The guy in front of me seen the cops and wasn't paying attention that he was within the speed limit, but seeing the cop, he hits his breaks. I didn't want to slam on the breaks so I didn't get rear-ended, so I applied the breaks safely to slow down my vehicle, but that cut off my safety distance. The cop seen how close I was to the vehicle in front of me and puled me over.

I explained what happened and he understood, so he only wrote me a warning. But this kind of stuff goes on all the time, and it's easy to see how it could lead to accidents where the truck driver is considered at fault.

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what the Nextel does. Really isnít Nextel anymore, is it? Sprint bought them out. AT&T and some others also have PTT.
So you hold the button down on your steering wheel as you are driving and talking..........LOL

Maybe in a car where the wheel turns one full turn

But in a truck the wheel may turn up to five times for lock to lock turn
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
So you hold the button down on your steering wheel as you are driving and talking..........LOL
Maybe in a car where the wheel turns one full turn
But in a truck the wheel may turn up to five times for lock to lock turn
Our newer straight trucks have that feature, and the drivers love it. It's way less distracting than those ear pieces. Before the new law, you would have to not communicate during the turn because as you said, you have to make several turns with the steering wheel, and holding down that button on the Nextel while turning is no different than holding down a button on the steering wheel.

But the law is stupid. What's the difference between holding down the button on my Nextel and holding down the button on my CB microphone? They still let you talk on the CB while driving. The suggestions I offered would limit more accidents than cell phone "Nextel" laws.

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Our newer straight trucks have that feature, and the drivers love it. It's way less distracting than those ear pieces. Before the new law, you would have to not communicate during the turn because as you said, you have to make several turns with the steering wheel, and holding down that button on the Nextel while turning is no different than holding down a button on the steering wheel.
But the law is stupid. What's the difference between holding down the button on my Nextel and holding down the button on my CB microphone? They still let you talk on the CB while driving. The suggestions I offered would limit more accidents than cell phone "Nextel" laws.
Correct..........I agree 100% with you.......

Why can a cop talk on a cell phone but a delivery driver can't??

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell gave you that idea ?
What point would you like me to back up for you??

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
What point would you like me to back up for you??
There is a roll over of a semi about every two minutes in this country.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. You people always make a claim without support.... as if you expect others to take your word as some sort of truth.
Here is YOUR post: http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TKPEED...

Here Is One said: "Please post a link that shows that???
http://nationalparalegal.edu/conlawcrimproc_p... ;

Your reply was: "lol! Nope. Don't need to son.
That's the defense's job. Even a dumb person would know that!"

In other words, you claim it is the defense's job to prove innocence, then you turn around in this thread and say that it was "Here Is One's" claim. THAT makes you a LIAR!!! And it is not the first time you have done it either. Now as gently and kindly as I can say it........GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is YOUR post: http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TKPEED...
Here Is One said: "Please post a link that shows that???
http://nationalparalegal.edu/conlawcrimproc_p... ;
Your reply was: "lol! Nope. Don't need to son.
That's the defense's job. Even a dumb person would know that!"
In other words, you claim it is the defense's job to prove innocence, then you turn around in this thread and say that it was "Here Is One's" claim. THAT makes you a LIAR!!! And it is not the first time you have done it either. Now as gently and kindly as I can say it........GO FUCK YOURSELF!
Ditto !

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I have several friends I refuse to ride with. Usually I just tell them Iím not in the mood to fold up into their car. I have a big 4 door F-250. Being a King Ranch itís also very comfortable inside. Iím not about to be so rude to tell them they drive like fools. Iíve done that just once to a friend in Atlanta. He doesnít pay attention, heís constantly on the phone and drives a BMW 7 series. Bad mix.
Yep.

I concur with the ride in the Ford. I have an '04 F-150 XLT, and we usually take it on road trips because it rides so much better than the wife's Pontiac. What sucks is the gas mileage from the 5.4L. Best I ever got was 18mpg. My brother has the F-250 Lariat and he only gets about 13mpg (4x4).
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go troll..........ROTFLMAO
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron Yea wrote:
lol! Still missing that law aren't you son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron Yea wrote:
ROTFLMAO!

Well by golly! Your links DON'T WORK!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,001 - 5,020 of7,574
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••