Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7574 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

Spocko

Oakland, CA

#4477 Feb 6, 2013
What's interesting about "law abiding" citizens is they're law abiding right up to the point they're not.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4478 Feb 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. It's pure observance. I've noted liberals and their actions my entire life. There is no such thing as a stopping point with them when they get in power.
You see, Democrats get their power from victims. The more victims you have in America, the more Democrat voters you have. They don't like people defending themselves because people who take care of themselves are not victims, and therefore, not likely to vote Democrat.
So we take most of the guns away from citizens thus empowering the criminal element. When the criminals have more power over us, then we become victims--something Democrat politicians drool over.
This is not about school shootings or gun restrictions really. it's about getting people more dependent on the federal government and their players.
100% correct.........Give them a inch and they take a mile....

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4479 Feb 6, 2013
Spocko wrote:
What's interesting about "law abiding" citizens is they're law abiding right up to the point they're not.
That is why all liberals should be jailed......

As the vast majority of criminals and prisoners are liberals.

So to protect society we should just lock up all liberals to prevent crime.....

Nothing wrong with punishing you because some other liberal breaks the law.......

That is what the gun grabbers say.....

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4480 Feb 6, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay genius one more time, anyone can and will be able to buy it as long as it's stored in a locker at the shooting range - which is where it belongs.
My shooting range is at my house in Sonoma county.......

So when I want to go up to Washington to shoot ground squirrels on the cattle ranches I can take it up there??

How about next deer season???
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4481 Feb 6, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay genius one more time, anyone can and will be able to buy it as long as it's stored in a locker at the shooting range - which is where it belongs.
Didn't want to answer the question I see. Really can't blame you either. You know as well as I that banning assault weapons won't stop the next school shooting. They may use many different alternatives, but no kook is going to say "Darn, I wish they didn't ban AR-15's, otherwise I would break into that school down the street and kill a bunch of kids."

When you stand behind legislation that does no good other than to make you feel better, you solved nothing.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4482 Feb 6, 2013
Spocko wrote:
What's interesting about "law abiding" citizens is they're law abiding right up to the point they're not.
What's even more interesting than that is laws only work on law-biding citizens. They don't work on criminals. That's why they're criminals in the first place.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4483 Feb 6, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
100% correct.........Give them a inch and they take a mile....
Every time it's tried. Gay's, smokers, environment, you name it. They say they only want X, and when they get it, they're happy for a short while. But when they become sad again, they go after getting Y and then Z.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4484 Feb 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time it's tried. Gay's, smokers, environment, you name it. They say they only want X, and when they get it, they're happy for a short while. But when they become sad again, they go after getting Y and then Z.
Again correct.

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4485 Feb 6, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>Could it also mean the tomato is responsible for obesity as well?
And maybe heart disease and cancer.

We had better ban tomatoes!

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4486 Feb 6, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it does - in your NRA universe of lies, innuendo and fantasies
I'm not an NRA member. Please point out any lie I have posted. Innuendo and fantasies, that's just projection on your part.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4487 Feb 6, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opening statement is correct. We all start out as law abiding. Given that premise; do you propose punishing everyone for what they might do?
The entire statement is accurate.

Laws are designed to push those "... for what they might do." That's the nature of the beast.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4488 Feb 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. It's pure observance. I've noted liberals and their actions my entire life. There is no such thing as a stopping point with them when they get in power.
You see, Democrats get their power from victims. The more victims you have in America, the more Democrat voters you have. They don't like people defending themselves because people who take care of themselves are not victims, and therefore, not likely to vote Democrat.
So we take most of the guns away from citizens thus empowering the criminal element. When the criminals have more power over us, then we become victims--something Democrat politicians drool over.
This is not about school shootings or gun restrictions really. it's about getting people more dependent on the federal government and their players.
That would be your personal opinion son.

You're observation also works in reverse. Cons don't like victims because (according to you) they will vote democrat. Politics and your agenda plays into your motives. So you go into fud mode and spread the worst case scenario while supplying the gun as the answer to all your ills.

Clearly murders are not important to right wing extremists. Guns are held higher at the alter.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4489 Feb 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't shooting skeet, he was shooting at a basketball.
Any proof son?

Or is it your opinion as usual?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4490 Feb 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time it's tried. Gay's, smokers, environment, you name it. They say they only want X, and when they get it, they're happy for a short while. But when they become sad again, they go after getting Y and then Z.
lol! You mean like the redistricting cons are trying to do in the states?

amazing.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#4491 Feb 6, 2013
The Turner Diaries - Chapter 3 .
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4493 Feb 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That would be your personal opinion son.
You're observation also works in reverse. Cons don't like victims because (according to you) they will vote democrat. Politics and your agenda plays into your motives. So you go into fud mode and spread the worst case scenario while supplying the gun as the answer to all your ills.
Clearly murders are not important to right wing extremists. Guns are held higher at the alter.
Murder and all violent crime has been on the decline for the last couple of decades. Only a Democrat doesn't live by the rule "if it's not broke--don't fix it."

We've seen some pretty positive results as an armed society, and again, that means people are taking care of themselves without the mothering of the federal government.

The real problem in our country is brainwashing. Your politicians lead you on this belief that restricting clip size or assault weapons will be the answer we were looking for in regards to school shootings. Yet, because you are sheep, you never bother to think independently and ask yourself "Are any of these proposed regulations going to stop murder or school shootings?" Of course not. Why should you ask? They say--you do.

We conservatives are much more logical. We know that taxing the wealthy will not solve one of our economic woes. We know that banning assault weapons will not stop one shooting in America. We understand political expediency and the BS that comes out of politicians all the time.

Do as I say--not as I do.
Gun owner

Anaheim, CA

#4495 Feb 6, 2013
Don't tread on me
rider

Gwinn, MI

#4496 Feb 6, 2013
Gun owner wrote:
Don't tread on me
Ok! As long as You prefer urine!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4497 Feb 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder and all violent crime has been on the decline for the last couple of decades. Only a Democrat doesn't live by the rule "if it's not broke--don't fix it."
We've seen some pretty positive results as an armed society, and again, that means people are taking care of themselves without the mothering of the federal government.
The real problem in our country is brainwashing. Your politicians lead you on this belief that restricting clip size or assault weapons will be the answer we were looking for in regards to school shootings. Yet, because you are sheep, you never bother to think independently and ask yourself "Are any of these proposed regulations going to stop murder or school shootings?" Of course not. Why should you ask? They say--you do.
We conservatives are much more logical. We know that taxing the wealthy will not solve one of our economic woes. We know that banning assault weapons will not stop one shooting in America. We understand political expediency and the BS that comes out of politicians all the time.
Do as I say--not as I do.
lol! Right.

No wonder bushie invaded iraq. He pulled a fast one over the American people.

No wonder the best you had to offer in November was a guy who said he would solve unemployment by creating employment. The same guy who didn't care about 47% of Americans just so he can raise money.

It's amazing what you right wing extremists stand for.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4498 Feb 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. It's pure observance. I've noted liberals and their actions my entire life. There is no such thing as a stopping point with them when they get in power.

You see, Democrats get their power from victims. The more victims you have in America, the more Democrat voters you have. They don't like people defending themselves because people who take care of themselves are not victims, and therefore, not likely to vote Democrat.

So we take most of the guns away from citizens thus empowering the criminal element. When the criminals have more power over us, then we become victims--something Democrat politicians drool over.

This is not about school shootings or gun restrictions really. it's about getting people more dependent on the federal government and their players.
Precisely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Julia 1,746,560
News Police shootings of unarmed black people have n... 9 min jtkluempers 134
News Trump and France's Macron seek new measures on ... 18 min youRjoking 2
News Hillary Clinton knows why she really lost the e... 39 min SirPrize 5
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 42 min Big Al 39,166
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 1 hr UNN 9,735
News Zionist Lobby in US Takes a Hit in Latest Natio... (Nov '12) 2 hr That explains things 17