Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7574 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4368 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Legal strategy aside, it's clearly not as clear cut as many made it out to be... especially on the day of the event.
It is clear that there is no proof that Zim broke any law

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4369 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>From your article....
"...The judge agreed and ordered Zimmerman returned to jail where he has been since turning himself in on June 3. He didn't perjure himself, but Lester said he knew his wife was lying.
"Does your client get to sit there like a potted plant and lead the court down the primrose path? That's the issue," Lester said in revoking Zimmerman's bond. "He can't sit back and obtain the benefit of a lower bond based upon those material falsehoods."..."
Finally, youíre there. The allegation was and still is George Zimmerman lied about money. Lester continued to complain George sat there like a ďpotted plantĒ.

One more step and this is tied to Lesterís statements. Why was Lester forced to recuse himself?

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4370 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being sarcastic
Code purple is for gang activity
He was a a 211 or burglary suspect
Actually he wasnít a 211 suspect either. The accusation was Martin was behaving oddly

A portion of the 911 call

Weíve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and thereís a real suspicious guy. Itís Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle.

This guy looks like heís up to no good or heís on drugs or something. Itís raining and heís just walking around looking about.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4371 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being sarcastic
Code purple is for gang activity
He was a a 211 or burglary suspect
No son. You lied.

You claimed Martin was a 215 suspect.

You need to keep YOUR story straight. Or you get caught like this.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4372 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, youíre there. The allegation was and still is George Zimmerman lied about money. Lester continued to complain George sat there like a ďpotted plantĒ.
One more step and this is tied to Lesterís statements. Why was Lester forced to recuse himself?
Which judge are you referring to?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4373 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, no change in bail status.

I wonder why?

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4374 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>Actually he wasn’t a 211 suspect either. The accusation was Martin was behaving oddly

A portion of the 911 call

We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. It’s Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle.

This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about.
He matched the description of the other guys that were seen looking into houses
Only one was caught

So yes he matched the description

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4375 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Legal strategy aside, it's clearly not as clear cut as many made it out to be... especially on the day of the event.
Initially I reserved judgment until I learn more information. I originally thought Zimmerman over reacted.

Chief Lee said there was evidence which supported Zimmermanís statements. That is true to this day which makes a legal arrest nearly impossible. Norman Wilfinger agreed. The evidence still supports the statements by Zimmerman. Again, look here. Itís an excellent resource to review the evidence made public. Probably one of the best sources of information on the case.
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9...

Good reading is the arrest affidavit prepared by Angela Corey and the subsequent comments made by Alan Dershowitz.

I believe to this day the arrest was made to appease people and avoid serious consequences for the city of Sanford and the increasing racial tensions. While the shooting itself wasnít racially motived the aftermath was absolutely a racial issue.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4376 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No son. You lied.

You claimed Martin was a 215 suspect.

You need to keep YOUR story straight. Or you get caught like this.
I also called him a code purple
Ash tray
Dead black punk
Perp

You and others have called Zim racist and guilty and you have no proof of either

You also claim you have proven me a liar but you can't post a link

But I can post links to many of your outright lies including where you claim the burden of proof is on the defense........

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4377 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, no change in bail status.

I wonder why?
Did OJ get a million dollar bail??

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4378 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the Rodney king mess
Katrina
The Bay Area earth quake
Look at how sharpton and other well know black thugs reacted to this
They had Zim marked as a white KKK member the next day
They called for riots because he was not arrested
The Rodney King mess wasnít much of a mess.

Katrina was just a bunch of hollering and looting.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4379 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been taking bets on the odds of a camera in the court room???
I say not in. Million years
They can't afford a OJ mess
Donít know, that would depend on the judge.

OJ mess? What OJ mess?

Was OJ guilty? The jury didnít believe so and I must yield to them since they were exposed to all of the evidence. Frankly since the police were caught planting evidence I would have found him not-guilty myself.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4380 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Which judge are you referring to?
I was clear enough. Why was Lester forced to recuse himself?

Iíll help you http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/29/2975210...

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4381 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, no change in bail status.
I wonder why?
Good question, I simply donít know. The fact Zimmerman was already out on bail when Lester was forced to recuse himself may have something to do with that.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4382 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
He matched the description of the other guys that were seen looking into houses
Only one was caught
So yes he matched the description
There is no mention of that in the 911 call or at any point that evening. At no point that night was Martin a police suspect.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4383 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Did OJ get a million dollar bail??
Zimmermanís initial bond was $150,000 and was revoked.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4384 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Initially I reserved judgment until I learn more information. I originally thought Zimmerman over reacted.
Chief Lee said there was evidence which supported Zimmermanís statements. That is true to this day which makes a legal arrest nearly impossible. Norman Wilfinger agreed. The evidence still supports the statements by Zimmerman. Again, look here. Itís an excellent resource to review the evidence made public. Probably one of the best sources of information on the case.
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9...
Good reading is the arrest affidavit prepared by Angela Corey and the subsequent comments made by Alan Dershowitz.
I believe to this day the arrest was made to appease people and avoid serious consequences for the city of Sanford and the increasing racial tensions. While the shooting itself wasnít racially motived the aftermath was absolutely a racial issue.
And as long as you rely on Zimmerman's testimony, I would have to agree.

But there was Serino's position there was enough for an indictment. What I don't understand is why Wolfinger's dismissal was done so quickly with little perusal.

Which decision is correct imo, will come down to the syg hearing.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4385 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I was clear enough. Why was Lester forced to recuse himself?
Iíll help you http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/29/2975210...
... and replaced by Debra Nelson.

http://www.examiner.com/article/judge-debra-n...

"...Nelson, a 58-year-old former civil litigator, is known for being hard-working, smart and ambitious. However, sheís also known for handing down tough sentences and tends to be pro-state."

Be careful of what you wish for son.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4386 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>The Rodney King mess wasn’t much of a mess.

Katrina was just a bunch of hollering and looting.
Compared to the civil war no

Ask the folks that were robbed, beaten and they will tell you a different story

What was that truck drivers name that was dragged out of his truck and has brain injuries????

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4387 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>Don’t know, that would depend on the judge.

OJ mess? What OJ mess?

Was OJ guilty? The jury didn’t believe so and I must yield to them since they were exposed to all of the evidence. Frankly since the police were caught planting evidence I would have found him not-guilty myself.
The OJ circus that was called a trial

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 2 min Dalai Lama 1,288
News Trump takes aim at Obama's efforts to curb glob... 5 min Cordwainer Trout 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 28 min Chris Rather 1,509,498
News North Korea blasts Trump for being too much lik... 1 hr jonjedi 74
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 1 hr Tm Cln 7,581
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr JRB 239,518
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 63,572
More from around the web