In Colorado, same-sex marriage remains a hot issue

There are 147 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from May 19, 2012, titled In Colorado, same-sex marriage remains a hot issue. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

Minutes after President Barack Obama announced he supported gay marriage, the Democratic governor of Colorado choked back tears in Denver as he ordered state lawmakers to reconsider a civil-unions measure that Republicans had defeated the day before.In the week that followed, the debate over equal rights for same-sex couples consumed the state ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

tadpole

Euless, TX

#107 May 21, 2012
KKKafeteria KKKristains wrote:
<quoted text>And history will treat you homophobic bigots just as politely, I am sure.
You calling me a bigot makes you one also, I am not a homophobic I'm not scared of any homo and don't have a problem with them accept ssm marriage its for heterosexuals,homoes should have a contract that's only my opinion so screw you hatred.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#108 May 21, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
ummm colorado voted gay marriage down...
and NC overwhelmingly became the 31 st state to ban by amendment...
Even in california, our hippie state, it got voted down...
Obama annnounces and plummets in the polls...
in what reality, then, is your statement correct?
7 states have made it legal, and soon Washington will join them. 7 against 3, and California will likely be overturned soon because the citizens are fighting it. Obama's support actually increased, he has more electorates in the predicted polls, with something like 200 undecided. So your spinning now.
Christsharian Law

Souderton, PA

#109 May 21, 2012
tadpole wrote:
<quoted text>
You calling me a bigot makes you one also....
No, bigoted filth, I never said the scumbucket likes of you sexually ill, homophobic trash can't marry, adopt, teach, serve openly.

Calling out the kkk, which you are also enamored with, does not make one a bigot.

Sorry, you're mind is fcked up. Sniffle.
tadpole

Euless, TX

#110 May 21, 2012
Christsharian Law wrote:
<quoted text>No, bigoted filth, I never said the scumbucket likes of you sexually ill, homophobic trash can't marry, adopt, teach, serve openly.

Calling out the kkk, which you are also enamored with, does not make one a bigot.

Sorry, you're mind is fcked up. Sniffle.
Wow I must have struck a nerve with you why so angry, do you really think anyone would give you the time of day with that kind of an attitude.
tadpole

Euless, TX

#111 May 21, 2012
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>I always laugh at bullshit like this. Please, witness your daughter being beaten within an inch of her life and then react with calm and sensibility. That's what you're asking gay people to do.

They're watching their families get raped by antigay vitriol; they *shouldn't* be angry? They're far more livid than I think the antigay realize. I wish they would (non-violently) ACT upon that more often, however. With their fury, they can fight this for years or decades.

And there's you, acting like no one has a right to any reaction but yours.

Yeah, I doubt they're gonna listen, champ.
What's nice is I don't even have to try.
Christsharian Law

Souderton, PA

#112 May 21, 2012
tadpole wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow I must have....
Yes, lying, filthy trolls need to be addressed in the appropriate manner, you pos.
tadpole

Euless, TX

#113 May 21, 2012
Christsharian Law wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, lying, filthy trolls need to be addressed in the appropriate manner, you pos.
I think you need a hug.
Christsharian Law

Souderton, PA

#114 May 21, 2012
tadpole wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need a hug.
I think you need a fatwa.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#115 May 22, 2012
tadpole wrote:
<quoted text>
What's nice is I don't even have to try.
And I believe that subconsciously (in others), that's why they don't respect you. Nothing that appears easy, effortless or lacking in concern will have much meaning to people.

Trolls are quite "obsessed," in fact, with appearing to be making "no effort." Psychologically, they think of themselves as nobodies, so they try to be "somebody" -- on a medium, the internet, where NO ONE EVEN KNOWS WHO THEY ARE.

If you're trolling, people go away from the internet thinking nothing positive of you and having only a negative impression. This is unarguable. If that's what you're looking for (not you specifically, but whoever), you're very likely a train wreck of a human being. No one has ever had respect for a troll.

If that doesn't chill your blood, I probably want nothing to do with you. But that's me.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#116 May 22, 2012
Christsharian Law wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need a fatwa.
I laughed.
tadpole

Euless, TX

#117 May 22, 2012
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>And I believe that subconsciously (in others), that's why they don't respect you. Nothing that appears easy, effortless or lacking in concern will have much meaning to people.

Trolls are quite "obsessed," in fact, with appearing to be making "no effort." Psychologically, they think of themselves as nobodies, so they try to be "somebody" -- on a medium, the internet, where NO ONE EVEN KNOWS WHO THEY ARE.

If you're trolling, people go away from the internet thinking nothing positive of you and having only a negative impression. This is unarguable. If that's what you're looking for (not you specifically, but whoever), you're very likely a train wreck of a human being. No one has ever had respect for a troll.

If that doesn't chill your blood, I probably want nothing to do with you. But that's me.
Your assumption is 180 degrees off.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#118 May 22, 2012
tadpole wrote:
<quoted text>
Your assumption is 180 degrees off.
If you are caring, conscientious, educated and sensible, then that is great.
Reality

Bellows Falls, VT

#119 May 22, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
7 states have made it legal, and soon Washington will join them. 7 against 3, and California will likely be overturned soon because the citizens are fighting it. Obama's support actually increased, he has more electorates in the predicted polls, with something like 200 undecided. So your spinning now.
40 states have bans...
31 by constitution...

Obama's support increased huh?
got ANY support for that?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#120 May 22, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
40 states have bans...
31 by constitution...
You aren't naive enough to believe those 40 bans are permanent? Remember it used to be all 50 states which banned same-sex couples from marrying, now we're down to 40; in another 5 years we'll be down to 30, and by the end of the decade no bans will remain.

The momentum has been moving in one direction only- towards equality.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#121 May 22, 2012
Daily anti-gay update:

With only 15 days to go, the anti-gays in Washington are still 15,000+ signature short of the bare minimum needed to get Ref 74 on the ballot. And this is after another big weekend harassing church-goers......

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#122 May 22, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
40 states have bans...
31 by constitution...
For someone who uses a moniker of "reality" you really like to ignore it. History provides evidence of direction, and that direction is toward equal rights. You can deny it, and oppose it, all you wish, but that does not change the trend. All the states trying to make such freedoms harder to obtain are accomplishing is a push toward another civil war, unless they choose to abide by federal law when one passes.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#123 May 22, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Daily anti-gay update:
With only 15 days to go, the anti-gays in Washington are still 15,000+ signature short of the bare minimum needed to get Ref 74 on the ballot. And this is after another big weekend harassing church-goers......
They won't succeed, especially not here. Bigots are not regarded well by people here, which is one good thing about Washington.
Reality

Bellows Falls, VT

#124 May 22, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

The momentum has been moving in one direction only-
except EVERY-TIME its come to a vote, we vote overwhelmingly against gay marriage.

NC voted recently, oh yah, you ignore reality that doesn't fit your point...

How do you think you will change 31 state constitutions?

Don't you think when the SCOTUS case finally comes up, the 32 states who do not Constitutionally protect gay marriage explicitly will be a factor?
it will.
Reality

Bellows Falls, VT

#125 May 22, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who uses a moniker of "reality" you really like to ignore it. History provides evidence of direction, and that direction is toward equal rights. You can deny it, and oppose it, all you wish, but that does not change the trend. All the states trying to make such freedoms harder to obtain are accomplishing is a push toward another civil war, unless they choose to abide by federal law when one passes.
most recent vote, overwhelmingly against gay marriage...number 31...
reality supports reality.

a federal law?
while you argue against DOMA that marriage is a state's rights issue...(if you're not you should be)

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#126 May 22, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
except EVERY-TIME its come to a vote, we vote overwhelmingly against gay marriage.
NC voted recently, oh yah, you ignore reality that doesn't fit your point...
How do you think you will change 31 state constitutions?
Don't you think when the SCOTUS case finally comes up, the 32 states who do not Constitutionally protect gay marriage explicitly will be a factor?
it will.
You are treating three cases as if that is the trend, 3 cases spread among 7 successful deregulation bills on marriage. The trend is clearly toward equal rights, and Washington will soon be the eighth such state, and you ignore that as well.

Your willful ignorance in an attempt to discourage people is merely giving more people reasons to completely ignore you fundies. Your world view is so small and narrow that you think a few failures count as a trend, I pity your lack of perspective.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,231,773
News Obama: Iran nuclear deal a will have my name on... 9 min whatadoof 2
News Archives show Hillary Clinton OK'd tax breaks f... 13 min Synque 12
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 29 min _White American_ 328,216
News Is God judging America? (Dec '10) 41 min Consumerism 341
News Rick Santorum's claim that he's responsible for... 1 hr mitt s santorum s... 31
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Environmentalist PhD 53,448
More from around the web