Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63580 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#23148 Apr 6, 2011
Oregon Is Disgusting wrote:
No they do not.
The Koch Brothers EXTERNALIZE COSTS so that we the taxpayer, the American citizen who do not buy their crap products pay for them involuntarily.
I see, when we exhale CO2, that's a small but real externalized cost. The only problem, you don't have a market for those costs, no real evidence by test, trial or demonstration, so the externalized cost of greenhouse gas emission is imaginary.
Oregon Is Disgusting wrote:
Since you are obvious not a business person this is beyond your comprehension. Do you buy the big, economy size tub of vaseline?
Economies of scale, old and well practiced technology drive our economy. The government produces nothing, it just takes, that's involuntary, you can choose to breathe bottled air and sequester your carbon compressed to diamonds, for all I care.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#23149 Apr 6, 2011
I have always said the easiest way to tell the other side is loosing is when they have to reort to insulting language such as Oregon is Disgusting has. But I have to admit they are the best way to convince people that man made global warming and liberals in general are wrong.
cricket

Orlando, FL

#23150 Apr 11, 2011
Well, now that the hateful little troll has departed...

Global Warming: An anti-scientific political movement

“Based on our analyses, especially with respect to the violations of the principles regarding objectivity and full disclosure,” Armstrong told members of Congress,“we conclude that the manmade global warming alarm is an anti-scientific political movement.”

http://ppjg.wordpress.com/2011/04/09/global-w...

"The three researchers audited the forecasting procedures used by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), whose “procedures violated 81% of the 89 relevant forecasting principles”

In the end we have had to accept that global warming is a contrived and fabricated myth that was launched into the public consciousness with ulterior motives attached."

Yoo-hoo Mr. Gore.....jigs up !!!

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#23151 Apr 12, 2011
Unable to find enough hot-spots in populated regions of planet Earth, climate scientists have pinpointed the Arctic as the area most affected by 'global' warming or climate change or climate disruption or whatever the current watchword is.
Few of these scientists have ever been anywhere near the Arctic to take a close look, satellite photos, computer models and a few temperature reading stations are enough for them.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#23152 Apr 12, 2011
wow , I am convinced

#23153 Apr 12, 2011
Lil Ticked wrote:
wow , I am convinced
Of what?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#23154 Apr 12, 2011
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Of what?
Global Warming is caused by Obamacare.
THE PHANTON HELL RIDER

United States

#23155 Apr 12, 2011
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a problem? I hate snow.
...BRING OUT THE''jet skie's''i was snow boarding with my 3 littel nieze's''..what a rush''at one time comming down the hill''i was just spinning away''last time i try that stunt again...next winter''i would like to try skieing''...i think i'll drag my girl friend along''she's a dam good suffer.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#23156 Apr 12, 2011
cricket

Orlando, FL

#23157 Apr 12, 2011
I wonder how much grant money he got for this ridiculous study.

'Does Marijuana Cause Global Warming?' New 'Study' by Evan Mills of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory finds indoor Cannabis production has a very large carbon footprint'

'Potheads Destroying The Climate': Forget the oil company execs.'Put the hippies on trial for climate crimes'--'Pot growers inhale 1% of U.S. electricity, exhale GHGs of 3Million cars'

roflmao. Must have been an awful lot of money to waste so much time, effort, & energy on nonsense like this. He probably enlarged his carbon footprint working on this useless paper !!!
LOL !!!

pdf

http://evan-mills.com/energy-associates/Indoo...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#23158 Apr 12, 2011
Looks like ti is time for me to put my carbon footprint up their liberal arses. ;)

lmao
cricket wrote:
I wonder how much grant money he got for this ridiculous study.
'Does Marijuana Cause Global Warming?' New 'Study' by Evan Mills of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory finds indoor Cannabis production has a very large carbon footprint'
'Potheads Destroying The Climate': Forget the oil company execs.'Put the hippies on trial for climate crimes'--'Pot growers inhale 1% of U.S. electricity, exhale GHGs of 3Million cars'
roflmao. Must have been an awful lot of money to waste so much time, effort, & energy on nonsense like this. He probably enlarged his carbon footprint working on this useless paper !!!
LOL !!!
pdf
http://evan-mills.com/energy-associates/Indoo...

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#23159 Apr 12, 2011
Excessive government spending harms climate.

#23161 Apr 17, 2011
I have to agree with Dr Wolfgand Thüne, especially regarding the morally unjustifiable spending involved.
Alarmists will have a lot to answer for when the curtain falls on this charade.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#23164 May 4, 2011
Global Warming = a liberals wet dream

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#23165 May 6, 2011
Wouldn’t REAL planet lovers NOT want this misery to happen, instead of working so hard to believe in this suffering to happen? Defending doomsday after 25 years of widespread doubt is hurting the planet and environmental efforts, not helping the 5 billion year old planet that WE human monkeys evolved from.
Wasn’t it the scientists themselves that originally polluted the planet with their pesticides and cancer causing chemicals, making environmentalism necessary in the first place? And now “THEY” expect us to bow to them like obedient lemmings and tell our kids they are going to die just because "they" said so? NO! We don't trust scientists and we don't trust news editors and we don't trust politicians promising to lower the seas and make the weather colder with taxes. And besides, if the crisis was real, the scientists would be raising jack and marching in the streets after their IPCC funding was pulled and when Obama didn't even mention the "crisis" in his Feb.2011 state of the union speech.
Scientists are not gods and don’t forget that scientists also produced cruise missiles, cancer causing chemicals, land mine technology, nuclear weapons, germ warfare, cluster bombs, strip mining technology, Y2K, Y2Kyoto, deep sea drilling technology and now climate control.
A wave of other former climate change believers are now demanding that politicians and law makers have the leading scientists and especially the unconscionable leading news editors, subjected to criminal charges for knowingly sustaining the criminal exaggerations of the CO2 mistake for the last 25 years. It is now appearing that issuing CO2 death threats to billions of children unnecessarily has not gone unnoticed and unlike Bush getting away with his false war in Iraq, the false war of climate change will sooner or later be dealt with in the courts. Treason charges for leading a country to a false war is one option now being looked at as politicians always need an enemy to blame.
Do the math. We MUST stop scaring our kids with the CO2 mistake, but even they are laughing.
flaming yawkie

Ocean City, NJ

#23166 May 6, 2011
wheres al gore

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#23167 May 6, 2011
He is still smarting after I put my carbon footprint up his A$$.
flaming yawkie wrote:
wheres al gore

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#23170 Jul 6, 2011
THE DAY CLIMATE CHANGE DIED, JULY 6TH 2011.
This was a great day for REAL planet lovers but not for humanity hating CO2 climate crisis believers.
Boston/Harvard/UofT:
"World temperatures did not rise from 1998 to 2008, while manmade emissions of carbon dioxide from burning fossil fuel grew by nearly a third, various data show.
The researchers from Boston and Harvard Universities and Finland's University of Turku said pollution, and specifically sulfur emissions, from coal-fuelled growth in Asia were responsible for the cooling effect."
In "reconciling anthropogenic climate change with observed temperature," the Boston University researchers found that despite the "widely noted increase in the warming effects of rising greenhouse gas concentrations," "global surface temperatures did not rise between 1998 and 2008."
So CO2 has not warmed the planet since 1998, but rather SULPHUR has cooled the planet since 1998 say the "scientists". Gee, sounds like the saintly scientists found a cure for a global warming. Now, if we can just get this climate "change" thingy under control, only then will our planet be like it used to be, like the inside of an indoor shopping mall.
Al Gore

Clarks Summit, PA

#23171 Jul 6, 2011
The sky is falling, the sky is falling. The Casey Anthony verdict proves it!!!!!!!
LessHypeMoreFact

Nepean, Canada

#23172 Jul 6, 2011
Lil Ticked wrote:
Don't read the National Post. Studies have shown that it gives you brain rot..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Aithusa 1,509,732
News North Korea blasts Trump for being too much lik... 3 min o see the light 81
News Two Ohio coal-fired plants to close, deepening ... 3 min fingers mcgurke 275
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 6 min fingers mcgurke 7,661
News Americans spent an estimated $17 billion on amm... 18 min Lawrence Wolf 65
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Jacques Ottawa 239,564
News Trump takes aim at Obama's efforts to curb glob... 45 min tomin cali 31
More from around the web