What exactly does the Christian Churc...

What exactly does the Christian Church worship?

Posted in the Bad Religion Forum

Maggie McCary

Athens, GA

#1 Jun 13, 2006
Whether one allows for the chance that there may be among us descendents of Christ or not, I’d like to know why the Christian Church is so offended by such a theory. Wouldn’t such great-great-etc grandchildren of God be just the sort of loving and insightful and compassionate individuals this world obviously needs right now? And wouldn’t such a logical, grounded, biological “Second Coming” make it easier for even Darwinians and the most logic and scientifically based thinkers to accept and come to know God?

What is it about this concept that threatens the church so? Could it be that such people among us would carry more influence and command more respect than a manmade institution and this is why the possibility of their existence can’t be tolerated?

Think about it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bad Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Bad Religion Sell Out? (Nov '07) Feb '15 Azmo66 14
News Today in Rock: March 13 (Mar '14) Mar '14 titus 114 1
News Dawkins to atheists: 'Show contempt' for faith (Mar '12) Apr '13 Lincoln 20
News Signs and Wonders 03.26 (Mar '12) Mar '12 Amused 2
News The Other F Word (Feb '12) Feb '12 SilverSwanBabies 1
News How Did Blink-182 Become So Influential? (Feb '09) Sep '11 chrs gutierrez 24
graffin: "the adolescents had everything i like... (May '11) May '11 BasementChris 1
More from around the web