Call for Australian apology for force...

Call for Australian apology for forced adoptions

There are 1 comment on the WBOC-TV Salisbury story from Feb 29, 2012, titled Call for Australian apology for forced adoptions. In it, WBOC-TV Salisbury reports that:

Obama joins Mick Jagger, B.B. King, Keb Mo and more to belt out the blues in East Room concert CANBERRA, Australia - An Australian inquiry has called for the government to apologize and offer compensation to thousands of unwed mothers who were forced to give up their babies for adoption in the late 20th century.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBOC-TV Salisbury.

Tweeter

Palmerston North, New Zealand

#1 Feb 29, 2012
Agree with this 100%.

As an adoptee who has been reunited with his birth mother. I was shocked when I found out about the truth of my birth and subsequent adoption.

I was stolen by the Church and my true background kept hidden from me for over 40 years.

Totally sucks and it's about time that birth mothers get an apology while there is still time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

B.B. King Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jon Bon Jovi performs at the Jon Bon Jovi & Ken... (Sep '15) Sep '15 BJ Fan 4
News Jack Weatherly: Standing in the sun and rain to... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Will Dockery 1
News Funeral for B.B. King held in Mississippi Delta... (May '15) Jul '15 The Stealth 2
News Protesters gather at Phoenix mosque under close... (May '15) Jun '15 Athena18 272
News Hundreds gather for BB King funeral (Jun '15) Jun '15 Halle Berry Sister 3
News France's Segolene Royal laments sexism in politics (Jun '15) Jun '15 John Marvin 1
News Barnard works toward a new policy on transgende... (May '15) May '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 2
More from around the web