Avril Lavigne has staying power over ...

Avril Lavigne has staying power over her wannabes

There are 76 comments on the Ottawa Citizen story from Jan 14, 2006, titled Avril Lavigne has staying power over her wannabes. In it, Ottawa Citizen reports that:

Tabloids and pop culture vultures alike love a good cat fight, and Canadian kiddie rocker Avril Lavigne never lets 'em down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ottawa Citizen.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Benji

United States

#1 Jul 6, 2006
Avril talks tough. But the truth is that Duff is stronger and more athletic than her and would take her in a fight.
teesta

Mumbai, India

#2 Oct 28, 2006
hey, benji..........

u kno wat?

u r just a fuckin liar cuz hilary!!!! like even can't win a fight against a small kitten cuz my frend, mandy went 2 some celeb reality thingy website n there a lot of embarrasin things of hilary n ofcourse britney.

main thing is dat avril is stronger n hilary is just a little pop singer without no talent..........

i dont wat happened, dat she had 2 become a singer.

but i guess there is no choice for her except 2 die in shame infront of avril..........

keep gettin fucked hilary.....
oh, avril, u "ROCK".
Katlin

Ljubljana, Slovenia

#3 Nov 3, 2006
i agree with teesta...
Kristy

Brisbane, Australia

#4 Nov 21, 2006
Hilary is the bomb so keep ya mouth shut u loser
AVRIL HATER 4 LIFE

New Zealand

#5 Jan 23, 2007
avrilz a freak shez such a boy that shez probly gona marrie a girl and be a lezzi shez such a skinni anarexic ugly pice of crap and no 1 even wantz 2 marrie her HILARY ROX and at least hilz is a girl and datez boy not girlz and can afford a big house and 2 get girl clothz who would want 2 dress lyk a boy thatz a girl (A LEZZI)!!!
Ashleigh

New Zealand

#6 Jan 24, 2007
teesta wrote:
hey, benji..........
u kno wat?
u r just a fuckin liar cuz hilary!!!! like even can't win a fight against a small kitten cuz my frend, mandy went 2 some celeb reality thingy website n there a lot of embarrasin things of hilary n ofcourse britney.
main thing is dat avril is stronger n hilary is just a little pop singer without no talent..........
i dont wat happened, dat she had 2 become a singer.
but i guess there is no choice for her except 2 die in shame infront of avril..........
keep gettin fucked hilary.....
oh, avril, u "ROCK".
Hay teesta..........

u kno wat?

u r just a fucking lier cuz u!!!like cant even win a fight against a small kitten cuz my friend hilary went 2 some celeb reality thingy website and there were alot of emmbarrasing things of teesta n ofcourse mandy.

main thing is dat hilary is stronger then teesta is just a little ugly retart without no telent..........

i dont no wat happend dat a she had 2 become a hilary hater........

but i guess there is no choice for her except 2 die in shame in front of hilary..........

keep on getting fucked teesta.......

oh,hilary u "ROCK".
fizzy

Warren, MI

#7 Feb 2, 2007
didn't you kids go to school can't you spell.its a damn head ache trying to read your nonexistant words.
J-MAANN

AOL

#8 Feb 2, 2007
Avril can sing better than hilary duff, but hillary is more pretty than avril. Britney spears is better than both of them, when it comes to looks and talent.
Ashleigh

New Zealand

#9 Feb 4, 2007
J-MAANN wrote:
Avril can sing better than hilary duff, but hillary is more pretty than avril. Britney spears is better than both of them, when it comes to looks and talent.
not 2 be afencive or anything but britney is ugly i mean her litte sis is really pritty but brit is really just oww i cant stand her and yea hilz is really pritty comperd with avril but she can sing better then avril as well!!!!!!! xoxox
Dani

Hereford, UK

#10 Feb 6, 2007
For starters, Avril Lavigne is the one who sold more albums than Hilary Duff ever did, and most probably ever will. Avril isn't a boy, she's a girl you morons! Obviously you're all thick. She dresses like a guy, but then I dress similar. I'm a chick you N00BS.
urgh, Hilary you're pathetic and your music SUCKS. Avril, your styles crap now. But still, your music was such a big influence to me and i love you :)
Ashleigh

New Zealand

#11 Feb 6, 2007
Dani wrote:
For starters, Avril Lavigne is the one who sold more albums than Hilary Duff ever did, and most probably ever will. Avril isn't a boy, she's a girl you morons! Obviously you're all thick. She dresses like a guy, but then I dress similar. I'm a chick you N00BS.
urgh, Hilary you're pathetic and your music SUCKS. Avril, your styles crap now. But still, your music was such a big influence to me and i love you :)
hilz is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyy
better then avril and lyk avril hasint even released a song in ages well not that i kno of cuz i never lyk take any noties 2 her and lyk y would i most of well all my friends hate her and i have heapz of friendz and most of my skol hatez her more ppl lyk hilz then avril cuz lyk u come on here and what she only has 1 page of ppl who hate and lyk her and hilz haz lyk i dont kno hundeds of pages all 2 gether and yea i kno that heapz of ppl go on there and rite lyk realllllll bad stuff about her but lyk there r more ppl that lyk her then the ppl that hate her on there so lyk mabey u should think about what u rite first and u kno i used 2 lyk her or should i say heapz of ppl used 2 lyk her but the ppl that luv hilz not in the lezzi way but i the fan way stoped lyking avril cuz shez lyk really sad 2 hilz and every1 found out all the bad stuff avril waz gunna do 2 hilz and most of them went on here side so any way ill get on 2 it

get the picture pplz and relise that not much ppl lyk avril and alot of ppl lyk hilz

buy the way itz hilz word against avrilz and whoz gunna win HILARY DUFF because more ppl luv hilary then avril get it thru ur head and i repeat GeT iT tHrU uR hEaD
HILZ U ROX 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!
john

Bedlington, UK

#12 Feb 7, 2007
britney is soo much more succesful then them both i no who i would pick to date avril has bad acne and hillary sounds like a chipmonk on crack!!!
Sk8erGurl

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#15 Feb 7, 2007
Wat da heck do you guyz know about Avril in da first place. Jus look at Hilary, she sux to da bottom of my ass! Jus like wat Avril had 2 say about Hil, "She's such a goody goody, such a mamma's girl." Well, yeah, that's true. Avril is unique and she's got her originality but Hil is like some rockstar wannabe. No kidding. She's so immatured and stupid and I can't believe u guyz can even compare avril with that lil' freak! Watever it is, Avril Rox All Time! Hey Ashleigh! Wat d' u mean, there r more fans 4 Hil? There r so many ppl out there who enjoy Avril's songs and da only ppl who ever enjoys Hil's songs r da ppl above 60 years of age, I'll tell ya! GeT iT tHrU uR hEaD, mOrOn!
Ashleigh

New Zealand

#18 Feb 9, 2007
Sk8erGurl wrote:
Wat da heck do you guyz know about Avril in da first place. Jus look at Hilary, she sux to da bottom of my ass! Jus like wat Avril had 2 say about Hil, "She's such a goody goody, such a mamma's girl." Well, yeah, that's true. Avril is unique and she's got her originality but Hil is like some rockstar wannabe. No kidding. She's so immatured and stupid and I can't believe u guyz can even compare avril with that lil' freak! Watever it is, Avril Rox All Time! Hey Ashleigh! Wat d' u mean, there r more fans 4 Hil? There r so many ppl out there who enjoy Avril's songs and da only ppl who ever enjoys Hil's songs r da ppl above 60 years of age, I'll tell ya! GeT iT tHrU uR hEaD, mOrOn!
if they luvd here so much they would be on the net looking 4 ways 2 write 2 her so y dont u get it through ur head and i dont c mi self 60 yearz of age luving her songs
TOBY

Canton, IL

#20 Feb 12, 2007
Jay wrote:
yo ashleigh, kickin some butt huh? lol
yo jay is licking some butt(johns) huh?
taylor

Karachi, Pakistan

#24 Feb 28, 2007
i so totally agree wid sk8erGurl!avril rox!no1 lsns to hilary's shyty songs........shes a fukd up bitch!
evryone

United States

#25 Mar 11, 2007
u no shit people so grow up 8-> and get a life
blakart

Tullahoma, TN

#26 Mar 15, 2007
avril is a POSER shes not punk shes pop hillary duff kicks that little bitches ass any day because at least shes not fake she knows shes not punk but slut face cant get it through her head shes as fake as her fingernails and btw its not buy any means punk music its POP
tickleme

Schaumburg, IL

#27 Mar 22, 2007
avril lavigne is soo hott, i luv her new "boyfriend song" and i loveskaterboi
and her new look and her butt
tegan

King City, Canada

#28 Mar 22, 2007
i just don't get why this is such a big deal. like hilary is hilary, and if you don't like her you don't have to say bad stuff about her, like think if it was you. Like i would say grade 8 has been my wrose year of my llife. i got made fun of everyday and just it sucks. like don't get me wrong i love avril lavigne and im not dissing her at ALL. i love avrils music and cant get enough of it. and i hope that she doesn't go anerexic. Cause no matter who you are, you are beautiful the way you are. If i got to met avril lavigne i would say that, it would be the best thing in my life, not just saying that but like she is my role model and yah. not being high on my self but i think i act like her .. like i realyy don't care what anyone thinks. Like if you don't like me the way i am then get over it .. i can't help it i like my way i am

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashlee Simpson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ashlee Simpson And Evan Ross Are Married (Sep '14) Sep '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Ashlee Simpson And Evan Ross To Wed At Diana Ro... (May '14) May '14 DALE 1
News Why Ashlee Simpson's 'Autobiography' Was The Be... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Hilary Duff 1
News Ashlee Simpson Engaged To Evan Ross: See The Ring (Jan '14) Jan '14 freddie 1
News Jessica Simpson's weight: Why do we care if she... (Feb '09) Aug '13 Pepper 164
Ashlee Simpson nude ! (Jun '12) Feb '13 Ashlee 3
News Jessica Simpson Enjoys Baby Shower (Mar '12) May '12 Cindery 2