Woman arrested after baby found

Woman arrested after baby found

There are 13 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Apr 29, 2008, titled Woman arrested after baby found. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A Rancho Cucamonga woman faces charges of attempted murder and assault of a child after her newborn baby, believed to be less than 12 hours old, was found in a trash bin Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Pomona Commuter

Pomona, CA

#1 Apr 29, 2008
How about getting the word out about the "safe-surrender program" via the DMV (questions on the license test, in the driving guide, and why not have the 'safe-surrender yellow sign" in the signage portion of the driving test? And what about DMV renewals along with that info about "alcohol % levels?
Johnny Cardenas

AOL

#2 Apr 29, 2008
I don't know if it embarrasses anyone else, but every time I read about some young girl abandoning her baby and leaving it to die it turns out to be a Latina. There are so many other ways to help yourself other than to kill your baby. Just walk into any Church and leave it with the priest, or put it up for adoption. But there is no excuse to kill the child.
Steven C

La Mesa, CA

#3 Apr 30, 2008
Thank God there was a homeless person in the right place at the right time and he knew what the right thing to do is. That man is a HERO.

It disgusts me to see a person toss a baby away like a piece of garbage. I cherish my children and am often uplifted by the joyful smile of all children.
Passion

Ontario, CA

#4 Apr 30, 2008
OMG! Was this a street crack head? This is terrible shame on this girl...If there was drugs involve it's hard because they are not thinking straight but if that was not the case then she deserves many years in prison.
FOLLOWER OF CHRIST

La Habra, CA

#5 May 1, 2008
I THINK IT IS REALLY SAD HOW YOUNG PEOPLE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE CHILDREN, BUT YET THEY JUST TOSS IT INTO A DUMPSTER. THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NO EXCUSE FOR THIS YOUNG GIRL, THERE ARE OTHER THINGS THAT SHE COULD HAVE DONE, HOWEVER I WILL NOT JUDGE HER, FOR THERE IS ONLY ONE JUDGE. I PRAY THAT THE BABY LIVES A BLESSED LIFE AND IS PLACED WITH PARENTS WHO LOVE HER..
Othella

Lakewood, CA

#6 May 1, 2008
I was moved to tears when I heard about this incident. I feel so much pain for this young woman and her family.
Get a clue

Carlsbad, CA

#7 May 1, 2008
When she's in prison you can bet she'll feel some pain!!! Give me a break!
Former Cucamongian

Moreno Valley, CA

#8 May 2, 2008
what the hell...? i'm sorry... unless this chick has some sort of mental condition, i don't feel sorry for her. this isn't the projects, this isn't a poor part of town - rancho cucamonga/alta loma is the epitome of upper-class suburbia (in the inland empire), with kids from families of all different races, most of them from very privileged backgrounds... so what the F?? if she could hide her pregnancy for nine months, why wasn't she smart enough to drop the baby off at a safe haven??
Former Cucamongian

Moreno Valley, CA

#9 May 2, 2008
Truly, I don't understand how anyone, especially a 20 year old (it's not like she was a scared 15 year old giving birth in a high school bathroom stall) could throw their baby away. California has a safe surrender law. You can go to a hospital or fire station and GIVE THEM YOUR BABY without being asked many questions. There are even some hospitals that have a special depository type thing where you can put the baby in there AND WALK AWAY.

WHY WOULD YOU THROW YOUR BABY AWAY!!!!

Jesus, please come back soon and stop the madness!
Jay-T

Hesperia, CA

#10 May 4, 2008
The world has come to this. Young women making bad choices, men giving them reason to. I don't have to justify what young women, like the said individual, do when put in these situations. I need not state or quote the Bible, because obviously we don't live by the word. But let it be known that if you, as an individual with rights and thoughts, so much as judge this weak being, how can you say you would not have done the same? I don't judge her, I don't defend her. I know that it is unspeakable, how one can do such a thing. Just as any other sin under Him. But, instead of judging, we should try to understand. We were given minds, and the gift of hard thought. It is easy to "cast the first stone" but it is imperial and devine to first, "be without sin". Only those who are so.. are able to hold their heads high and look down or over to her.
shiminimina

Los Angeles, CA

#11 May 4, 2008
Look every one whom does not believe in abortions this is what happens when you but into peoples private bussiness and keep them from having abortions. I think if a girl is under eighteen and she gets pregnant she and her parents/ gaurdians should be held accountable. Parents listen to your children, this girl might have been abused by someone, or maybe someone threatened her not to get pregnant or they would do something that made her to afraid to tell any one, Does the parents all of the sudden become not responsible for there daughters because they became grand parents now? Now should she not be evaluated by a psycologist to find out what in her past could have caused her to end up such a cold hearted calice piece of shit. She better hope that when she is in jail she is in there with a bunch of women who hate kids what are the chances of that? and another thing if i find out that this bitch is an immigrant on top of all of the rest of this shit I might get myself arrested and booked so I can really get down with my anger toward her and immigrants

“There's sorcery a foot...”

Since: Nov 07

KiNkY HeLsInKi

#12 May 11, 2008
My God... I could never do that to my child. Just picturing doing that to my daughter sickens me.

See? This is the reason Pro-Life people need to shut their traps and stop picketing in front of abortion clinics. The girl was probably threatened on her way in and got scared.

Of course I won't deny that she could've put it up for adoption or gave it to the police, after it was born, but if she didn't want the baby in the first place and terminated the pregnancy, we wouln't be having the conversation.
Then there is the matter of still born. If the baby was born dead, she may have gotten scared and dumped it. Although she'd been better off calling 911 and having them deal with it.
I still think she didn't want it thoguh. Any mother who wanted their baby would want to have a hospital and woul've called 911 for assistance during labor. B/c she didn't, it leads me to believe she never even wanted it.

In my opinion, getting an abortion is better than killing it after it's born.

I'm not going to argue or get intoa heated conversation about abortion. If you feel differently, just say it once or keep it to yourself. There's no need to debate, to each his own.
mz YAAY

Ontario, CA

#13 May 18, 2008
OMG I KNOW HER
THIS IS MY SISTERS FRIEND
SHE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE A LESBIAN BUT IDK WAT HAPPENED
sHE REALLLY COULD HAVE GAVE THE BABY TO US
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Antonio GOP to consider whether non-discrim... (Dec '14) Dec '14 NorCal Native 2
News Chan challenges Campbell in SD25 (Oct '13) Oct '13 snyper 1
News Babies In The Womb Affected By Pesticides In Th... (Jul '12) Sep '13 James 22
News Estrogen Pills Can Benefit Women With Metastati... (Dec '08) Sep '13 Wesley 2
News It's time to outlaw hate speech. (Sep '13) Sep '13 snidley whiplash 3
News Canada's hard line on drugs contrasts with Lati... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Paul 1
News Construction of Philippines largest solar plant... (Jun '13) Jun '13 amcummer 1
More from around the web