City keeping an eye on water hogs (3:...

City keeping an eye on water hogs (3:30 p.m.)

There are 10 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Aug 17, 2008, titled City keeping an eye on water hogs (3:30 p.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Love gazing out at your big, lush, unshaded lawn? You're probably one of Las Cruces' top water users.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Michael

United States

#1 Aug 18, 2008
Why don't you go after the businesses that are watering the parking lots/streets in the rain!
Merlin

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Aug 18, 2008
Michael wrote:
Why don't you go after the businesses that are watering the parking lots/streets in the rain!
Got that right!!

Called the police once when the bank by Golden Corral was spewing water over two lanes of traffic. I was basically told not to worry about it. Called three days later when it was still doing it. Finally, I had to put a rock over it!

“I am not here right now! ”

Since: Jul 08

Where my current job is.

#3 Aug 18, 2008
Someday people who like nice lush lawns (and fruit trees) will figure out that the solution to the water "crisis" lies on property outside city limits, with a private well, and beyond the jurisdiction of nosy busybodies.
RandomJoe

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Aug 18, 2008
Before imposing any additional restrictions on homeowners I'd like to see all governmental agencies and businesses live by the rules we do FIRST. That means no more exemptions to the watering schedules. I'd be willing to bet that alone would save a significant amount of wasted water.

Chance of that happening...rapidly approaching zero.

http://www.e-forwards.com/wp-content/uploads/...
Bubba Naess

Rochester, MN

#5 Aug 18, 2008
Lone Stangers computer wrote:
Someday people who like nice lush lawns (and fruit trees) will figure out that the solution to the water "crisis" lies on property outside city limits, with a private well, and beyond the jurisdiction of nosy busybodies.
AMEN! And when they get that well, they ought to just pump it dry...and then drill another and take some more!
sombody

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Aug 18, 2008
Bubba Naess wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN! And when they get that well, they ought to just pump it dry...and then drill another and take some more!
If somebody can afford to drill a well, or many, why should it matter to anybody else?
Bob

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Aug 18, 2008
sombody wrote:
<quoted text>
If somebody can afford to drill a well, or many, why should it matter to anybody else?
Because it's everybody's water.
Yikes

Las Cruces, NM

#8 Aug 18, 2008
I have lush lawn and trees and a vegetable garden and a swamp cooler. I am resposible.. keeping my lawn high..mowing twice a week. watching the rain cycles... my neighbors with the rock and desert landscape spend more on water than I do. Plus I am ready to pay my bills. I don't think gov should tell me what to do.
Geococcyx californiana

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Aug 19, 2008
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's everybody's water.
How does water under my land belong to "everybody?" The last I checked, New Mexico was not a Communist country, or a part of old Mexico (though the latter is likely to happen eventually)....
Bubba Naess

Rochester, MN

#10 Sep 5, 2008
Geococcyx californiana wrote:
<quoted text>
How does water under my land belong to "everybody?" The last I checked, New Mexico was not a Communist country, or a part of old Mexico (though the latter is likely to happen eventually)....
Right! If you buy it, it's yours! The air over your property is yours too, so pump out all the smoke you want!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas votes to give immigration lockups child c... (May '17) May '17 anonymous 2
News Antonio Elrod, 19, Arrested On Child Molestatio... (Jul '15) Sep '16 Barbaraclayton601... 5
News South Texas considered possible route for high-... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News 6-year-old girl dies in ETX golf cart accident (Jan '16) Jan '16 anonymou s 49
News U.S. agents round up Central Americans slated f... (Jan '16) Jan '16 ronnie 4
News Zero-tolerance policies may have been another f... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Beaks 2
News Well-Known San Antonio Drag Performer Murdered ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Christaliban 2