Darling Downs council seeks fluoride ...

Darling Downs council seeks fluoride tablet alternative

There are 5 comments on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation story from Jan 19, 2009, titled Darling Downs council seeks fluoride tablet alternative. In it, Australian Broadcasting Corporation reports that:

A Darling Downs council wants to opt out of the State Government's water fluoridation scheme and instead offer residents fluoride tablets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

nyscof

Lakewood, NJ

#1 Jan 22, 2009
Modern science shows that fluoride added to water supplies is ineffective at reducing tooth decay, harmful to health and a waste of money.

for more info
fluoridation 101
http://www.orgsites.com/ny/nyscof

Fluoridation News Releases
http://tinyurl.com/NewsReleases

Tooth Decay Crises in Fluoridated Areas
http://www.fluoridenews.blogspot.com/

Fluoride Action Network http://www.FluorideAction.Net

Fluoride Journal http://www.FluorideResearch.Org

“We don't have to take it”

Since: Jun 08

WhereTFamI?

#2 Jan 23, 2009
I have thoroughly researched this issue over many years and have studied evidence from many eminent & Nobel prize winning scientists along with doctors & dentists & academics, who found that after decades of use, artificial fluoridation of public water supplies is ineffective in preventing tooth decay & causes too many other health issues.

Brisbane surgeon Dr. Fred Clutterbuck had 40 years of research against fluoridation behind him and was influential in keeping Brisbane’s water fluoride free until his death a few years ago.

Strange how all the pro-fluoride lobbyists appeared shortly after & have conveniently ignored this lifetime of work. What is the real agenda here?

It certainly isn’t dental health because if fluoride was the panacea against decay that has been painted by the govt, via QLD Health & the ADAQ, then Dentists would be out of a job.
We all know that’s not happening in any areas whether they're fluoridated or not.

Genetic make up, diet & dental hygiene are what control dental caries not ingestion via mass medication by an S6 poison from Industrial waste.

WhereTFamI?

#3 Jan 23, 2009
FLUORIDE WARNING: from the Journal of the American Medical Association:

"Fluorides are general protoplasmic poisons, probably because of their capacity to modify the metabolism of cells by changing the permeability of the cell membrane and by inhibiting certain enzyme systems. The exact mechanism of such actions is obscure." Journal of the AMA (American Medical Association), Sept. 18, 1943, Editorial.

"Even tap water invariably contains a variety of poisons such as chlorine, chloramine, asbestos, pesticides, fluoride, copper, mercury, and lead. The best way to remove all these contaminants is by distilling." How To Save Your Teeth: Toxic-Free Preventive Dentistry, Dr. David Kennedy, D.D.S.

"The home distiller is the best method and also the best way to get distilled water. It is the only reliable home water purification for taking fluoride out of the water." Fluoride: The Ageing Factor, Dr. John Yiamoyuiannis, Ph.D.
A Dentist

Piara Waters, Australia

#4 May 5, 2009
The sad part is the pseudo-science represented in the posts. No nobel prize winning scientists have actually studied fluoride as used in water supplies, statistics show improved dental health where the level of fluoride is optimised to 1 part per million (Oddly enough, less than the naturally occuring levels in the Italian town where the effect of naturally occuring fluoride was first observed and less than in most naturally ocurring spring waters). No one in ANY field has claimed Fluoride will remove decay from the list of human ills, it will only reduce it in much the same way water treatment means we no longer see the water borne disease the third world countries suffer

I do not wish to change anyones mind but keep your eye on the truth.

For example, the current number of dentists in the UK was a result of the percieved need for dental care with the levels of dental decay in the 1950's and 60's. The wealth of UK dentists has decreased since then and it is not the desirable profession it once was. The only true change was Fluoride. But now with increasing standards of living (ie sugar consumption increase) and decreased oral hygiene (the fluoride will fix it!) Dental decay is on the rise.

Most natural water supplies have fluoride in them, as does beer,cups of tea and any food stuff that grows in or out of the earth we live in.
Fluoride is classified as a poison...as technically are antibiotics, pure oxygen, alcohol and common salt...the problem is a dosage thing, not the subtance itself. If you wish to avoid all 'Poisons', stay clear of any health carers and prepare to die young. Even naturopathy is based on 'poisons' used in small amounts and a look at the chemistry of the spice and herb rack will scare those seeking the 'pure life'.

Any one can "say" anything...including me...it does not confer expert status or even knowledge. People have spent 'life times' trying to change lead into gold or find a way to live forever...it does not mean they know more than anyone else.

As a dentist, I would like them to remove Fluoride from the water supplies...I will be able to retire younger as I stand to make a lot more money! I wonder what the motivations of the others are?

WhereTFamI?

#5 May 5, 2009
A Dentist wrote:
As a dentist, I would like them to remove Fluoride from the water supplies...I will be able to retire younger as I stand to make a lot more money! I wonder what the motivations of the others are?
My motivation is, as a retired RN I know just how dangerous fluoride really is and the damage too much can do. Water fluoridation is mass medication with a substance 35 times more lethal than lead, regardless of age, size, weight, or health issues. You said yourself it's "dosage controlled" - how can you control the dose anybody receives as you don't know how much fluoride anybody is getting from all the different sources as well as water. There IS a toxic level and you know that, so how does anybody know when they've overdosed and it's adversely affecting the rest of the body? Which it does, and you should know that also.

If you REALLY are a dentist from Perth, then you would have to know Dr. Andrew Harms, former SA president of the ADA who is now fighting with everything he's got to stop water fluoridation.

And if it's so good for you explain this if you can, as the truth which is not of interest to the Brisbane fluoride propagandists, is that in fluoridated Perth about 20 young children each week are having their teeth removed.:-

The “West Australian” Perth, 24th July, 2004, published an article titled,

“Children’s teeth spoilt rotten”.

“Toddlers as young as one are having general anaesthetics to remove or crown rotten teeth.”

FACT:(Take note Brisbane people)

Perth has been fluoridated since 1968 - a period of 36 years of compulsory fluoridation, which makes fools of the fluoride “experts” in Brisbane.

Each and every ***fluoridated*** Capital City in Australia is having the same problem with young children’s teeth, which highlights the erroneous fluoride propaganda published in Brisbane. You are either just another spin doctor or you really don't have a clue!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas votes to give immigration lockups child c... May '17 anonymous 2
News Antonio Elrod, 19, Arrested On Child Molestatio... (Jul '15) Sep '16 Barbaraclayton601... 5
News South Texas considered possible route for high-... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News 6-year-old girl dies in ETX golf cart accident (Jan '16) Jan '16 anonymou s 49
News U.S. agents round up Central Americans slated f... (Jan '16) Jan '16 ronnie 4
News Zero-tolerance policies may have been another f... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Beaks 2
News Well-Known San Antonio Drag Performer Murdered ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Christaliban 2
More from around the web