Four Socorro Schools Fall Short Of AYP

Four Socorro Schools Fall Short Of AYP

There are 1 comment on the Mountain Mail/STPNS story from Aug 7, 2008, titled Four Socorro Schools Fall Short Of AYP. In it, Mountain Mail/STPNS reports that:

Four Socorro schools did not progress to this year's target level of proficiency in math and reading as measured by annual standardized tests.

The state Public Education Department reported the 2008 "Adequate Yearly Progress" on Friday, with the majority of New Mexico schools falling short of proficiency goals.

The AYP reporting is required by the federal No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.  

Out of the eight schools in the Socorro Consolidated School District, the ones that made AYP were Parkview Elementary, Cottonwood Valley Charter School and San Antonio Elementary School. AYP reports for Edward E. Torres Elementary were not available as of press time Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mountain Mail/STPNS.

“I am not here right now! ”

Since: Jul 08

Where my current job is.

#1 Aug 8, 2008
Another good reason why Socorro is a great place - to be from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 6-year-old girl dies in ETX golf cart accident Jan '16 anonymou s 49
News U.S. agents round up Central Americans slated f... Jan '16 ronnie 4
News Antonio Elrod, 19, Arrested On Child Molestatio... (Jul '15) Nov '15 Brian 4
News Zero-tolerance policies may have been another f... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Beaks 2
News Well-Known San Antonio Drag Performer Murdered ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Christaliban 2
News EXCLUSIVE: More ammo for Trump: How housing an ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 wild child 1
News San Antonio GOP to consider whether non-discrim... (Dec '14) Dec '14 NorCal Native 2
More from around the web