Drink. Drive. Get on a Texas billboard?

Drink. Drive. Get on a Texas billboard?

There are 16 comments on the WIVB-TV Buffalo story from Aug 2, 2011, titled Drink. Drive. Get on a Texas billboard?. In it, WIVB-TV Buffalo reports that:

Billboards threaten drivers in Texas with the assertion "Drink. Drive. Go to Jail," but now digital billboards in the San Antonio area will feature the names and photos of suspected drunken drivers who are sought.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB-TV Buffalo.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1 Aug 3, 2011
may work so be it

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 3, 2011
tallyho wrote:
may work so be it
I suspect it will round up some of the ones with out standing warrants but I doubt if it will deter anyone else from drinking and driving.

“Southern Pride”

Since: Feb 11

American right to fly it

#3 Aug 3, 2011
LOL! That's hysterical!

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4 Aug 3, 2011
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect it will round up some of the ones with out standing warrants but I doubt if it will deter anyone else from drinking and driving.
I believe that the object here is public shame ,, like the days of yore , the stocks ..

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#5 Aug 3, 2011
at last....i'm gonna be in PICTURES...and they said i'd never make it...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Aug 3, 2011
One thing to think about next time you jump in your car after drinking all night...by the time its all over it would have cost a fraction of the price to call a limousine to pick you up.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#7 Aug 3, 2011
DaveMC wrote:
One thing to think about next time you jump in your car after drinking all night...by the time its all over it would have cost a fraction of the price to call a limousine to pick you up.
Do you know anyone, who after a night of drinking, is thinking at all?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 Aug 3, 2011
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know anyone, who after a night of drinking, is thinking at all?
No...there are those that dont care and others who thought they would only have a couple drinks. I never drive my car to the bar. Always a bicycle or cab. If I go downtown I take the water Taxi across the bay and cab home.

“I'm not listening.”

Since: Feb 10

Hannacroix, NY

#9 Aug 3, 2011
Denny?

Since: Aug 09

Silver Spring, MD

#10 Aug 3, 2011
>Drink. Drive. Get on a Texas [digital] billboard.

Otherwise known as digital dating for those who aren't online yet.

“Watch out for snakes!”

Since: Mar 08

Over There

#11 Aug 3, 2011
Ted Kennedy would roll over in his grave, if his bloated liver would allow it
shoupic

Avery Island, LA

#12 Aug 3, 2011
sounds like a good idea to me,spending more money on foolishness ,but thats ok we'll just raise taxes to pay for this shiz.

“ain't she sweet?”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#13 Aug 3, 2011
DaveMC wrote:
<quoted text>No...there are those that dont care and others who thought they would only have a couple drinks. I never drive my car to the bar. Always a bicycle or cab. If I go downtown I take the water Taxi across the bay and cab home.
are you sure there aren't laws against drinking & bike riding Dave?? Just saying

“ain't she sweet?”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14 Aug 3, 2011
Andy Warhol did say everyone will get their 15 minutes of fame!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#15 Aug 3, 2011
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
are you sure there aren't laws against drinking & bike riding Dave?? Just saying
No there are. In California you can be arrested for DUI on a bike but, the only person you risk hurting is yourself. A friend of mine that lives about 3/4 mile from my house was over for a party and he left late at night and decided to ride my bike instead of drive his car and the cops actually stopped him and started the whole we can take you to jail for this routine and my friend told them to give him a break he chose the bike instead of his car. They let him go...Im sure it happens at some of the college type beach cities but never heard of anyone arrested for DUI on a bike where I live.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#16 Aug 4, 2011
DaveMC wrote:
<quoted text>No there are. In California you can be arrested for DUI on a bike but, the only person you risk hurting is yourself. A friend of mine that lives about 3/4 mile from my house was over for a party and he left late at night and decided to ride my bike instead of drive his car and the cops actually stopped him and started the whole we can take you to jail for this routine and my friend told them to give him a break he chose the bike instead of his car. They let him go...Im sure it happens at some of the college type beach cities but never heard of anyone arrested for DUI on a bike where I live.
disagree you not the only one that you can hurt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Well-Known San Antonio Drag Performer Murdered ... Sat Christaliban 2
News EXCLUSIVE: More ammo for Trump: How housing an ... Jul '15 wild child 1
News Antonio Elrod, 19, Arrested On Child Molestatio... Jul '15 investigator 2
News San Antonio GOP to consider whether non-discrim... (Dec '14) Dec '14 NorCal Native 2
News Chan challenges Campbell in SD25 (Oct '13) Oct '13 snyper 1
News Babies In The Womb Affected By Pesticides In Th... (Jul '12) Sep '13 James 22
News Estrogen Pills Can Benefit Women With Metastati... (Dec '08) Sep '13 Wesley 2
More from around the web