Possible Plum Island Upgrade Worries ...

Possible Plum Island Upgrade Worries Some Shoreline Residents

There are 54 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Aug 14, 2008, titled Possible Plum Island Upgrade Worries Some Shoreline Residents. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Despite reports this week that the federal government is looking at Mississippi as its pick for a facility to study some of the world's most deadly biological threats, some shoreline residents wary of research ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mister Sasquatch

United States

#54 Aug 15, 2008
They're going to bring the newly found body of Bigfoot there this weekend.
John

Greenfield, MA

#55 Aug 15, 2008
I fully support Nancy and her efforts to protect the citizens of Ct. from any danger that might exist from this lab being upgraded. Once the horse is out of the lab, to late as they say.
ricbee

Wallingford, CT

#56 Aug 15, 2008
Sandworm wrote:
If it helps the USA, just do it!
That's right,if its gotta be done-DO IT!
Travis T OJustice

Hamden, CT

#57 Aug 15, 2008
John wrote:
I fully support Nancy and her efforts to protect the citizens of Ct. from any danger that might exist from this lab being upgraded. Once the horse is out of the lab, to late as they say.
You clearly have no idea how your life is better by the work done in these labs.
Travis T OJustice

Hamden, CT

#58 Aug 15, 2008
FAV wrote:
<quoted text> Is it because I used "forbearers" rather than "descendants"? In any case, Big Brother loves you.
No, it's because you are absolutely batsh!t crazy.
John

Greenfield, MA

#59 Aug 15, 2008
Travis T OJustice wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly have no idea how your life is better by the work done in these labs.
WE SHALL SEE
FAV

East Hartford, CT

#60 Aug 16, 2008
Travis T OJustice wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's because you are absolutely batsh!t crazy.
Crazy as a fox perhaps. Of course when Big Brother was telling you lies ,incessantly repeated by the our mass media, you were soaking it up. Even after the lies have been confirmed it means nothing to you. Sending our young men to die for the aristocrats' New World Order means nothing to you either. You're less than crazy, but rather a cipher.
Turn Table

United States

#61 Aug 17, 2008
If there is a risk involved and someone has to take it, it can us doing our part of helping our country.
Marty Rivers

Peabody, MA

#62 Aug 19, 2008
Concerned wrote:
It is great to hear everyone's strong opinions. I just wonder why those in support of Plum Island being selected as a biosafety level 4 site did not attend the public session in Old Saybrook on Monday to have their opinion recorded by the court recorder? Perhaps you did read the U.S. Medicine report in July regarding Plum Island or perphaps you do agree with Blumenthal's position statement today and just don't want to take a public stand because they disagree with your blog cries. The Government Accountability Office (GAO) reported there is always the chance of technology failures and human error. By all means, if you have an opinion in favor of Plum Island or not supportive of it--the place to have your opinion heard is directly to the Department of Homeland Security not in a blog entry.
Excellent point. Security there is a joke. A level 4 facility is going to require some major overhauls not only for the island, but also Old Saybrook, Greenport, etc. There will be more public meetings on this. Just like Broadwater, really. Show up and be heard!
redneck

Greenfield, MA

#63 Sep 1, 2008
FAV wrote:
<quoted text> Not necessarily, but he couldn't possibly do worse than war-mongering all over the world and on the home front we had to endure the shameful spectacle of Katrina. Throw in a horrendous national debt for our forbearers to pay off, two financial market scandals that we are paying for now and in the future, and I think I have a sure bet. Oh, and no-tax and spend Little Napolean handed his aristocratic backers some massive tax cuts. Did you get yours?
war mongering all over the world? Thats how you would describe removing the taliban from power and removing a dangerous dictator? What an idiot you are.
Former Plum Employee

Danbury, CT

#64 Sep 4, 2008
Most people are not aware that "lyme" was identified in the early 1930's and then named at a later date. Plum Island was an Army site (Fort Terry) up until 1954 at which time it was up fore sale for 40k and no one wanted it. It was then turned over to the USDA and was used for research that protects our food supplies. The island's facilities are very old and need to be updated bt are very safe. What is concerning is the lack of fire protection on the island....
Gina Rudman

Grain Valley, MO

#65 Sep 8, 2008
My husband has been fighting alzheimer type symptoms and Grand Mal seizures for the last 8 years and has recently been diagnosed with severe neurological Lyme disease. I had no idea there was a "Plum island" type place. And then to find out how close it is to Lyme, CT. Ho stupid do they think we are!!!!
ricbee

United States

#66 Sep 10, 2008
Gina Rudman wrote:
My husband has been fighting alzheimer type symptoms and Grand Mal seizures for the last 8 years and has recently been diagnosed with severe neurological Lyme disease. I had no idea there was a "Plum island" type place. And then to find out how close it is to Lyme, CT. Ho stupid do they think we are!!!!
Good question blondie....
PLUM ISLAND VIDEO

Kingston, NY

#67 Nov 7, 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas votes to give immigration lockups child c... May '17 anonymous 2
News Antonio Elrod, 19, Arrested On Child Molestatio... (Jul '15) Sep '16 Barbaraclayton601... 5
News South Texas considered possible route for high-... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News 6-year-old girl dies in ETX golf cart accident (Jan '16) Jan '16 anonymou s 49
News U.S. agents round up Central Americans slated f... (Jan '16) Jan '16 ronnie 4
News Zero-tolerance policies may have been another f... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Beaks 2
News Well-Known San Antonio Drag Performer Murdered ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Christaliban 2
More from around the web