Some lawmakers say license checkpoints would unfairly target illegal immigrants

Nov 12, 2008 Full story: www.chron.com

The state agency that imposed new rules barring illegal immigrants from obtaining driver's licenses is requesting authority to set up statewide driver's license checkpoints, part of what several lawmakers ...

Full Story
Leave now

Denver, CO

#1 Nov 12, 2008
''A state agency is making immigration policy for the state of Texas, and that is not their job," McClendon said.

someone has got to do it since the fricken federal govenment won't

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#2 Nov 12, 2008
The part I like is "checkpoints would unfairly target illegal immigrants" and may unfairly target drunk drivers, wanted felons, the unlicensed, the uninsured, people like that.
OH! Where is the outrage?
Average JOE CITIZEN

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Nov 12, 2008
Is this INSANITY????????
When is reason going to reign in our country again?
what

Somerset, KY

#4 Nov 13, 2008
Rogerg wrote:
The part I like is "checkpoints would unfairly target illegal immigrants" and may unfairly target drunk drivers, wanted felons, the unlicensed, the uninsured, people like that.
The outrage will be sitting about 20 cars back with 15 minutes left to get to work.

Since: Jun 08

Woodbridge, VA

#5 Nov 13, 2008
Rogerg wrote:
Three cups of coffee and really having to pee and facing 20 minutes in line... I would be outraged.

But seriously, I live near and am often in some high crime areas. We had checkpoints put in one area regionally due to an increase in crime. And guess what, crime dropped during that time. If I was to go into that community during that time, I would have my ID checked. Would I have a gripe? No, as I have nothing to hide.

No one griped when we had stops and checkpoints when the DC sniper was here and he hit a couple blocks from where I gave a lecture the following day.

If you have nothing to hide, then a checkpoint should not concern you. Checkpoints near areas where there are higher illegal border crossings are perfectly fine by me.

Unless of course I have had three cups of coffee...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chan challenges Campbell in SD25 (Oct '13) Oct '13 snyper 1
Babies In The Womb Affected By Pesticides In Th... (Jul '12) Sep '13 James 22
Estrogen Pills Can Benefit Women With Metastati... (Dec '08) Sep '13 Wesley 2
It's time to outlaw hate speech. (Sep '13) Sep '13 snidley whiplash 3
Canada's hard line on drugs contrasts with Lati... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Paul 1
Construction of Philippines largest solar plant... (Jun '13) Jun '13 amcummer 1
U.N.: Syria's humanitarian crisis is - dramatic... (Mar '13) Mar '13 truth always beat... 1
More from around the web